Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

1. Games start soon! What are you most excited for? 

Im most excited to play my first game as a part of my new team

2. Who are you rooting for in the VHL?

In the VHL I’m obviously rooting for my own team the Las Vegas Aces

3. How has the offseason treated you? Are you settling in well? Offseason has been great and with guidance from my new team I’m sure I’ll get this down in no time

4. How is the team getting along in the early practices? Is there early chemistry?

Yea there is definitely strong chemistry between the team everyone is treating the team like family

5. What's your go-to diet on gameday?

A nice balance between protein and carbs 

6. With the VHL draft happening last week, are youexcited to move up in the next coming

seasons? I am more than excited to move up in these up coming seasons

Where do you see yourself in 2 seasons from now? 2 seasons from now I’m still looking to be a contributing member to Las Vegas I would like to stay loyal and dedicated to my team

1.To perform well

2.Calgary

3. Its well. I liked talking to my teammates

4. Yea the young players are really liking each other

5. Prolly a lot of protein, a sweet drink, and at least 3,000 calories

6, I was already drafted 

Here's more questions! Make sure to answer all 6 to get your 2 TPE!

1. 6-1-0 Record so far this season! What's your early thoughts on how these first 7 games have played out for you?

2. As of now, who's the MVP on the team? If there's no clear cut MVP to you, talk about the balance of the team!

3. How do you bounce back mentally from a tough close loss like your recent one to Minnesota?

4. Recently, VSN Now made a comment saying the Aces were "not top heavy but balanced and play well, although the defense is lacking". How do you respond to this?

5. Many power rankings hold the Aces as the top spot in the VHLM, how do you handle the pressure that comes from being a top-ranked team?

6. Do you feel like there has been a similar rivalry with the Ottawa Lynx like last season? If not, who do you believe is the Aces new rival this year?

@Bandit @Lightningyamasha @mxld17 @Koen Senft @MexicanCow123 @Dingle @Connor mcdavid @Benson

@JohnOQuinn @OneBuffalo1230 @Barracuda @Sunburst @jacobaa19 @Jubo07 @Ty343 @Antone10 @SwagSloth 

@Brolaski @speck1447 @Rykonen @uphillmoss

1. 6-1-0 Record so far this season! What's your early thoughts on how these first 7 games have played out for you?

These first seven games have turned out really well for me. I am very happy that we have only lost one game so far.

2. As of now, who's the MVP on the team? If there's no clear cut MVP to you, talk about the balance of the team!

I believe that we are very well balanced as a team. We all put a lot of effort into our games, and we are very strong willed.

3. How do you bounce back mentally from a tough close loss like your recent one to Minnesota?

I think the best way to bounce back mentally from a loss is to not let it get to you. If you do not let the games you lose get to you, you can turn the negative into a positive, and take it as a learning experience, to turn into something good.

4. Recently, VSN Now made a comment saying the Aces were "not top heavy but balanced and play well, although the defense is lacking". How do you respond to this?

Even though our defense is lacking, we are one of the strongest teams out there playing right now. We will not let anything get in our way.

5. Many power rankings hold the Aces as the top spot in the VHLM, how do you handle the pressure that comes from being a top-ranked team?

I take the pressure from being a part of a top ranked team pretty well. IT helps boost confidence in ourselves, as well as it motives us to do better after we lose in a game.

6. Do you feel like there has been a similar rivalry with the Ottawa Lynx like last season? If not, who do you believe is the Aces new rival this year?

I do not believe that there has been a rivalry with the Ottawa Lynx like last season. I believe our rivals this season may be one of the two new teams.

As GM it has been a treat assisting as much as I can go motivate our new members. The results are the cherry on top.

Team Captain and returning member from our Founder's Cup team; Mitch Matthews, 14 points in 7 games from the blue line.

I have full faith in our guys to get the job done every night or to at least give the opposition everything they can handle. Our members are an active bunch and are eager to start their careers off on a winning foot.

Lack of research and unwillingness to read between the lines. I suppose just like the real world media ;)

Been there done that. Season 64's dominance will be hard to live up to but our members have all the willpower in the world to get there.

The Lynx are in a rebuild but hopefully they can make some noise as the year progresses. Our new Rival is a toss up between the Storm and Yukon.

Keeping a close eye on Houston.

• I'm playing well at about a point per game so far. I'm not to worried about the low amount of goals scored so long as i'm helping the rest of the team score. The goals will come.

• Matty has been leading the way on offence and defense so far. He's a big reason we got off to a good start.

• You cant win'em all, as much as I'd love to. We played hard, just didn't get the right bounces you know. We'll go back and drill our strategies and will be ready for the next opponent.

• Our defense hasn't been as good as it could be so far. We've given up like three goals a game on average so far, we'd definitely like to see that go down as the games go on.

• Me personally, I don't pay attention to that kind of thing. I just want to play my game and be the best I can be. Power rankings are irrelevant if I cant cant be number one on the ice.

• Minnesota ended our win streak so I think we'd like to pay them back soon.

Question Time! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. The Aces have dropped below Halifax in the standings. Has this gotten the team fired up to start performing better? How have you seen this on the ice?

2. Some new guys have signed with the team recently, how have you worked the new guys into the chemistry and atmosphere of the team?

3. Since I asked you guys some questions last week, you've gone 6-6-0 in your last 12. How do you impact this performance and try to better the team to try and go above .500?

4. Was the early season streak out-of-character or do you think you could get back into the winning swing of things soon?

5. Have there been any huge surprises with how the season is going overall? Have there been any surprising results from any teams on the standings?

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite things to do around town when you're not at the rink?

@Lightningyamasha @Brolaski @mxld17 @Adama Traore @Ty343 @SwagSloth

@uphillmoss @jacobaa19 @speck1447 @MexicanCow @Thomas Vancheck

@Connor mcdavid @Antone10 @Benson @MattyG @OneBuffalo1230

@Rykonen @Barracuda @Sunburst @Tophdaddy @Bandit @Dingle @Jubo07

1. The team has had good energy in the last few practices. Guys are playing harder, even throwing bigger hits. I got caught with a pretty nasty one a few days ago, but I am fine now. If we start to play like that on the ice, the cup is ours.

2.I felt that one of the greatest things about LVA when I first joined was how welcoming everyone was. I have tried to extend the same courtesy to the new players.

3. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I need to start playing better. Hopefully I can do well today on the first line.

4. Well, I think we definitely have the skill to get back to that pace. However I probably won’t get back to my pace during that time. I was looking like HHH out there.

5.i have been surprised by the reapers, they have good players and could be a contender soon, I am surprised that they are not doing better.

6.I like to go over to the local college and practice with there lacrosse team.

1. The Aces have dropped below Halifax in the standings. Has this gotten the team fired up to start performing better? How have you seen this on the ice?

It does suck. but i think our team can rebound and come back at them stronger next game. We just have to keep working hard and good things will happen.

2. Some new guys have signed with the team recently, how have you worked the new guys into the chemistry and atmosphere of the team?

It's gone really well. All of our new guys are positive and super fun to not only play with on the ice but when we are not on the ice as well. 

3. Since I asked you guys some questions last week, you've gone 6-6-0 in your last 12. How do you impact this performance and try to better the team to try and go above .500?

It's just a mental game. We just have to work and staying positive and just playing better as a team. Getting shots on net and scoring on power plays. 

4. Was the early season streak out-of-character or do you think you could get back into the winning swing of things soon?

Like i have said in the previous questions, we just need to start playing as a team again. If we work hard everyday i am sure we will get the results we want. 

5. Have there been any huge surprises with how the season is going overall? Have there been any surprising results from any teams on the standings?

As far as the standings go kind of what i expected. Wish we could be on the top, but that's how it goes. Everyone is playing there best so no real surprises. 

6. Finally, what are some of your favourite things to do around town when you're not at the rink?

I love going out on the field and playing a game of soccer. Just being with my teammates and enjoying our selves and of course, it's always nice to get a beer once and a while. 

5 hours ago, Bonzaijoe said:

This has gotten us fired up and we are ready to play better. I think we have seen this on ice. 

I haven't talked to them yet but, I believe that the chemistry and the atmosphere of the team well help everyone fit in. 

I will try to play better and try to gain some TPE so our whole team could play better.

I believe this streak was out of character and I believe if we put our mines together we can be back in the swing of winning. 

I am not very surprised by the results, maybe our streaky 6-6-0 in the last 12. I don't think there has been any surprising results from any team.

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite things to do around town when you're not at the rink?

I like going to play other sports like football and soccer or just sit down and watch movies. 

Our team has been fighting our hardest all season but losing our first place spot has driven us to win more and more. On the ice, our chemistry keeps getting stronger and stronger and Halifax is just giving us a reason to play better.

Everyone on the team is treated with respect and is part of the brotherhood we like to call the Las Vegas Aces, helping other teammates is a huge way to build chemistry

We continue to work hard on and off the ice to become the best team we possibly can everyone is expecting another run for the cup from us and I think it can happen

If we continue to play our A-game like we did in the beginning of the season i believe we could start a streak again and go very far in the playoffs.

Nothing huge really we just are getting into this losing slump and we need to fight our way out of it

I always love hitting downtown on my free time and team dinners are great and we build our chemistry on and off the ice

1. The Aces have dropped below Halifax in the standings. Has this gotten the team fired up to start performing better? How have you seen this on the ice? Yea it’s time for the team to step up and get back to the top. Let’s all get all the TPE we can and win this thing again. 

2. Some new guys have signed with the team recently, how have you worked the new guys into the chemistry and atmosphere of the team? I think things are starting to get better. Still a long season and many games to go and get to the top again. 

3. Since I asked you guys some questions last week, you've gone 6-6-0 in your last 12. How do you impact this performance and try to better the team to try and go above .500? just continue to strive to be better everyday. 

4. Was the early season streak out-of-character or do you think you could get back into the winning swing of things soon? I think we can all get back to the top again. Last year and the start of this year was not a fluke. 

5. Have there been any huge surprises with how the season is going overall? Have there been any surprising results from any teams on the standings? I think some surprises from the new teams as well as Vegas itself. We can be better. 

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite things to do around town when you're not at the rink? try out local restaurants and micro breweries. 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:12 AM, Bonzaijoe said:

1) I believe for any team it's easier to perform when you are an underdog in any situation, the pressure isn't there and we still strive to be the best and to top everyone else, it just adds extra motivation for us while taking off the pressure of maintaining that 1st position in the standings.
2) Since I'm one of those new guys coming in, I feel great. The teammates are awesome and we are excited to show you all our progress on the ice.
3) I'm excited to help the Aces go above .500, and I'm fully confident that we'll make it.
4) Didn't follow Aces season early on, lets look at the future and kill it.
5) Last season we faced vs Vegas in the quarter-final and got absolutely destroyed, with that said I'm not surprised we're doing good now. I'd say I was expected more from Minnesota, thought they would be an easy top1 for most of the season, however Halifax and Ottawa have surprised me in a good way.
6) My guy likes to relax at the hotels and take chill walks around the city.

• This team is hungry for the cup. We will not accept no for an answer.

• The new guys are great. They're fitting in just fine, just got to get used to the system we have and we'll be rolling.

• Since then we've refined our strategy and add some key pieces to our lineup. We talk about our mistakes and successes every team meeting so we know what to do.

• I think the last couple of weeks are out of character. We'll be back to our winning ways in no time.

• I really do feel that this team should be at the top of the standings, we'l fix that soon enough. 

• Its Las Vegas. There is so much to do its hard to name just a few. I do like just walking around the area though, and soaking in the atmosphere, maybe stop by a bar or restaurant or something.

After a blistering 5-0 start to the season the talent levels among the top teams started to level out and we started to fall behind. We caught wind of teams starting to discuss trades and we decided it was in our best interest to move in and make a couple trades to bolster the lineup.

Team chemistries will come when toying with the lines a tad here and these. Once we get our new lineup rolling we will be a winning threat every night. Our active discord provides a valuable open environment to the veteran and new members of the club to mesh together.

See answer for #1. With the trades we made we are more than confident we will have a very successful remainder of the season.

After last seasons Aces squad, the streak was no surprise to anyone. We are certainly going to get back to winning streaks and hopefully a few longer ones than just the five.

We are lower in the standings than expected. Hard to really project anything against STHS. Most surprising so far has been Ottawa's rise up from the bottom of the standings.

Tossing a disc at the disc golf park or hitting the actual golf course for some traditional golf.

1. After a week of some more tough losses mixed in with some wins, how do you try to turn it into a positive and try to bust through to win those close games?

2. How do you think your on-ice performance has been? How do you plan to better yourself as a player?

3. Are you excited for the World Juniors? Do you think you'll make your country's roster?

4. Other than your own team in the WJC, who do you like to root for to do well?

5. Spill some tea! What team, VHL, VHLM, or World Championships do you not like the most? It can be a rival or anyone, who do you have that irrational hate for?

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite game-day routines and rituals that you have fun with?

@Connor mcdavid @Antone10 @Benson @MattyG @OneBuffalo1230 @Puffalump

1. After a week of some more tough losses mixed in with some wins, how do you try to turn it into a positive and try to bust through to win those close games?

Its always the losses that help us bounce back to get those big wins. They always make the next game a little bit more fun.

2. How do you think your on-ice performance has been? How do you plan to better yourself as a player?

I think my performance has really helped my team. On the ice my point total keeps rising.

3. Are you excited for the World Juniors? Do you think you'll make your country's roster?

I am more than excited for the World Juniors i beleive ill make the team id be upset if i didnt

Im routing for our neighbor to the north Canada and hope to see them far in the tournament

5. Spill some tea! What team, VHL, VHLM, or World Championships do you not like the most? It can be a rival or anyone, who do you have that irrational hate for? I dislike that guy Cody Parkey coming into the league very cocky thinking he is better than anyone but i was so happy to play against him and talk some trash

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite game-day routines and rituals that you have fun with?

I love our team meals before the game and the night before the game

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to begin his first press conference as a member of the Las Vegas Aces.

It’s been a bit of a whirlwind couple of days for me. I watched many of my teammates from the Reapers get traded in less than 24 hours. Then a couple of days later, I get traded to Las Vegas. As soon as I get here, I have to suit up and play 2 games. I didn’t even have an opportunity to talk to my new teammates! All things considered, I played pretty well. It’ll take some adjustment for me and my buddy Mikko to find our groove. But I think the addition of both of us is enough to push Las Vegas to win games they have recently been losing.

I’ve really been focusing on upping my defensive play. The pace of play is so much faster here than in college, it takes some time to adjust. You need to think and react quicker. I’ve been watching a ton of video, trying to make myself better. Of course I’m hitting the gym hard and working hard in practice. I think it’ll be great for me to work with the coaches and GMs here to get additional insight into how I can get better.

I am excited. I expect to make the USA roster. It will be my first time performing in a tournament where I get to represent my country. I am extremely excited for that.

I’m not the type of person to root for opposing teams. They are the enemy.

5. Spill some tea! What team, VHL, VHLM, or World Championships do you not like the most? It can be a rival or anyone, who do you have that irrational hate for?

Back in Philly we had a rivalry with Houston. We only got to play them one game. I’m still excited to face them again. I’m sure I’ll grow into new rivalries with the Aces.

Well I start by waking up and making a bowl of cereal. The milk gets poured for 3 seconds from a height of 12 inches at a degree of 32 angle tilt. Aside from that requirement, I drink at least 5 glasses of water and I take a nap to save my energy for the upcoming game.

1. After a week of some more tough losses mixed in with some wins, how do you try to turn it into a positive and try to bust through to win those close games? We just have to work together to get into a rhythm and start winning some games. I know we are a different team that won last season but we have some good guys here and it’s time to show the league what we are. 

2. How do you think your on-ice performance has been? How do you plan to better yourself as a player? I think I started off very well but have since struggled. I’ve maxed my TPE so just hope my player just does well the rest of this season as he prepares to make the jump to the pros. 

3. Are you excited for the World Juniors? Do you think you'll make your country's roster? Yea I think I have a good chance to make it again. 

4. Other than your own team in the WJC, who do you like to root for to do well? I like going for whoever is the underdog. 

5. Spill some tea! What team, VHL, VHLM, or World Championships do you not like the most? It can be a rival or anyone, who do you have that irrational hate for? I don’t think I have a team or someone I dislike that much. If I had to pick I’d pick Halifax because we fought to the end last year and now this year they are on top. 

6. Finally, what are some of your favorite game-day routines and rituals that you have fun with? Morning skate, good pregame meal and some rock music in the dressing room before the game. 

• I think we're still looking for that point where everything just clicks for us. We got a lot of new teammates in the last couple of weeks; Its only a matter of time before we get going again.

• I'm not happy with how my point production has been so far. I've racked up a good amount of assists but none of my shots seem to be going in. Its a bit frustrating. I'll just have to put in the extra work, start getting to practice early to work on myself.

• I think I have a shot but in the end its up to person who puts it all together. Its always a great feeling to represent your country in competition, interested to see how this year pans out for team USA.

• I like to root for the underdog (doesn't everyone?). I don't know who's Favorited over who but I'm sure it will be a fun tourny to watch.

• Right now its Halifax 21st because they're blocking us from the top spot in the league. We will put them in their place soon enough.

• Always start game day with a hot shower. I always feel fresh and renewed and ready to put all my hard work to action.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:18 PM, Bonzaijoe said:

@Connor mcdavid @Antone10 @Benson @MattyG @OneBuffalo1230 @Puffalump

1) We need to reset and focus on upcoming games, there's some tough teams out there, and we need to go into every match with 100% confidence and motivation to win.
2) My guy had a hot start here in Vegas, now he's cooling off, getting couple of assists in the last games, but I'm sure he's only beginning to show what he is capable off.
3) Mikko made it in the team, but I'm not that excited about the tourney itself, more focusing on the regular season with the Aces.
4) Only Europe.
5) I've no hate towards anyone, however I'd like my team to always be the best, so i guess anyone better than us, is automatically a rival.
6) listening to rap before games while taping the stick is a tradition Mikko does since his younger days.

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium for this week's press conference questions:

Of course I am. Our training sessions on Team USA have been going well. The guys are pretty nice and they’re all great at hockey. It’s an honor to represent my country.

1. Who are you rooting for and why?

Well duh, I’m rooting for the USA. The number one reason being that I’m American. The number two reason being that I’m on the team.

1. Who do you think will win?

It looks like all the teams are pretty good. There’s so much talent at the junior level right now. But of course I think we’re going to win. It would be crazy for me to think anything else.

1. Who do you think Claims MVP?

I think Kyson Blake on our team has a great opportunity to score a ton and win MVP. Brady Stropko Jr on Team Canada also is in a pretty good situation. Jack Lynch could have a really good tournament as well.

1. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

I am offended by this question. Of course I sing! Can’t you hear me from the ice? I can sing both the US and Canadian national anthem, but I only sing the US one out loud before a game. I guess I’m going to need to learn the anther for Team World. I don’t know that one.

1. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?

I’m a player. I’m not really looking into running a team. Maybe I’ll explore that once my career is done. And of course, I would love to GM team USA.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:22 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

@BladeMaiden was kind enough to supply some questions this week about the WJC! Answer 6 of the 12 for your 2 TPE for the week!

@Lightningyamasha @MexicanCow @mxld17 @Ty343 @GRZ @uphillmoss

@jacobaa19 @SwagSloth @Bushito @speck1447 @Thomas Vancheck

@Connor mcdavid @Antone10 @DMaximus @Benson @Tophdaddy

@Puffalump @MattyG @Barracuda @Sunburst @Bandit @Dingle