HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. We've made some BIG moves since the last time we talked here, bringing in Patrik Laine from Helsinki and acquiring the rights to free agent Gunnar Odinsson. Do you agree with our decision to try to turn things around this season?

I do! I can't check the portal right now without @Esso2264 yelling at me, but I'm pretty sure there were a few players on the team that have a limited window to win before they die of old age, so I'm glad we're taking advantage of their remaining time there!

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

I'm here now @BOOM, and I will gladly collect all your lewd photos and deposit them in my spank bank.

3. I've hinted that there's one more big move on the way this offseason--what do you think it is? Wrong answers only.

You're stepping down as GM and giving the job to @gorlab.

4. As there's no trivia in the offseason, what do you do instead? Do you do an extra .com task or try reviewing? Do you skip your last 2 TPE entirely?

I often forget to do Trivia to begin with so I'll do Podcast (6) + Podcast (3) + Press Conference (2) + VHL.com Article (1).

5. Today it was announced that bigAL will be taking over as the VHL's third commissioner. How well do you know Al? Do you think he's the right one for the job?

That wasn't today, that was on Wednesday. I haven't been around too long, but Albert seems like a top quality bloke, and he got my personal seal of approval for the position.

6. With VHLE GM applications open--would you like to be a VHLE GM? If so, why do you think you'd be a good fit? If not, who would you like to see get a job?

Absolutely not, my days of leadership are over I think. I'd approve of seeing @InstantRockstar moving to the VHLE, and maybe a guy like @ajwllmsn getting a job if he's up for it.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:58 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 7/18:

1. We've made some BIG moves since the last time we talked here, bringing in Patrik Laine from Helsinki and acquiring the rights to free agent Gunnar Odinsson. Do you agree with our decision to try to turn things around this season?

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

3. I've hinted that there's one more big move on the way this offseason--what do you think it is? Wrong answers only.

4. As there's no trivia in the offseason, what do you do instead? Do you do an extra .com task or try reviewing? Do you skip your last 2 TPE entirely?

5. Today it was announced that bigAL will be taking over as the VHL's third commissioner. How well do you know Al? Do you think he's the right one for the job?

6. With VHLE GM applications open--would you like to be a VHLE GM? If so, why do you think you'd be a good fit? If not, who would you like to see get a job?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr @PatrikLaine

1. Yeah lets finally win a cup

2. You know you want to spend more time with me!

3. UnGuri sold for 2 more forward prospects

4. Skip it cause I'm lazy af

5. Yeah Al should do an alright job been ages since I spoke with him.

6. I don't want to be a GM again it is too much. I think Boot would be great if he was active.

I think those were smart moves and helped to create a healthy competitive feel in the LR, players are eager to test our chemistry and roster out on ice already!

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?
Nothing. He decided to go with WAR. I am not happy. 

You will bring in MJF to humiliate him and play him 2 minutes per game. I would love to see that.

I would do reviewing but I am usually scared to write those as people are very sensitive. 

I hope he will do great and be a generally liked Commissioner. We need rational and honest people that value activity and support people who have contributed for a long time.

Yes. #HireExperienceStabilityActivity #HireFrosty With that out of the way I think that I am extremely good fit for a new league, the Commissioners will need someone to rely on and I know that I can be that guy. 

Absolutely!  Let's see what kind of a step forward we can make.  Then we can assess where we are at for next season.

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

Speaking as a Frenchman, would have to say the unlimited cheese offered at the team training table.  Now it's all Swiss and no French, but it's still pretty dang good.

You are trading away that bum, Tessier.  Clearly a bust.

I usually review when short 2 TPE.

Played with him in DC.  Awesome choice!

Not me.  Just was chosen as the new minor league GM of the California Firehawks in the PBE and that will keep my hands full.  How about my pal from the Marlins @Mistxh J

For the week ending 7/25:

1. The draft has come and gone, leading us with a few new people--led by 4th-overall selection Poopy Peepants. What's something you'd tell one of our draftees about what makes us unique as a team? If you're one of those draftees, what are your initial impressions of us?

2. Though the offseason has seen some big, big moves, free agency has not gone at all the way we wanted it to. We have some cap space to work with--what do we do to fill it up?

3. What's your prediction for where we end up this season? Have we managed to pull a complete 180 and get ourselves among the league's best, or will we realistically need another season to work up to it?

4. You can make double the amount of money you do currently, but you have to move to the other side of the world to do it. Do you?

5. What popular thing do you hate?

6. You get to be an actor in any kind of movie you want. What role do you play?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10

1. The draft has come and gone, leading us with a few new people--led by 4th-overall selection Poopy Peepants. What's something you'd tell one of our draftees about what makes us unique as a team? If you're one of those draftees, what are your initial impressions of us?

As a team, our character, we've struggled at the bottom of the league, which means we'll work twice as hard to get to the top. We've been through tough times which has grown us as a team. As a franchise? Davos is the greatest of all. Rich history.

2. Though the offseason has seen some big, big moves, free agency has not gone at all the way we wanted it to. We have some cap space to work with--what do we do to fill it up?

Get some solid forward, the GM will figure it out no problem.

3. What's your prediction for where we end up this season? Have we managed to pull a complete 180 and get ourselves among the league's best, or will we realistically need another season to work up to it?

I have no doubt we'll be at the top of the league. Best in the VHL.

4. You can make double the amount of money you do currently, but you have to move to the other side of the world to do it. Do you?

No. No way. I wouldn't want to live in New Zealand. Or, in fact, anywhere else, besides Finland.

Hate is a strong word, but I guess Boston Bruins is a popular team. F the Boston Bruins. Screw them.

Background character. Preferably not in the final cut at all.

11 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10

1. That we are now a team that want to win 

2. I think maybe another forward and a d-man 

3. I think we will be a great team 

4. yeah 

5. i don’t really know haha nothing really 

6. A principal rôle in a series like riverdale or elite ! 

You're all a bunch of degenerates and I wish I could have been drafted to Vancouver instead.

That's tough to say. We could sign some randoms, or we could try to wait mid-season to see if any teams will be selling, though I'd hate to lose another 1st with a rebuild 3 seasons or less away!

I don't think we're quite in the top tier due to our lack of forward talent, I think we're missing at least one more 600+ TPA guy up there. We'll be a playoff team though, and anything can happen at that point. Next season we'll be stronger still I reckon, but may still need that extra player!

Both of those things sound fantastic, so yes! Unless I'm being bamboozled and instead of making say $30/hr, I'd be making 60 yen/hr on the other side of the world.

Most, if not all, forms of social media. Also apple pie.

I would like to be Leslie Nielson's successor.

1. The draft has come and gone, leading us with a few new people--led by 4th-overall selection Poopy Peepants. What's something you'd tell one of our draftees about what makes us unique as a team? If you're one of those draftees, what are your initial impressions of us?

We do this weird thing where everyone says “David”. It’s random AF but it’s a thing lol

We need to look at some teams who fall off and make a deal to acquire some support.

I think we will end up as a bubble team. We have a chance to make it in but barely.

If it’s somewhere in Europe then yes I would do that. 

I don’t like to watch European Foot ball. It’s way to boring.

Put me in a marvel movie or TV show, I don’t want super powers but I want to be a normal

human who plays a big part in helping.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:12 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. Peepants brings a lot speed and skating to our lineup and every prospect has a signature skill.
2. PRESS THE TRADE BUTTON!
3. I think we can go all the way but I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the Conference.
4) Yes.
5) Surprisingly, TikTok. It's nothing against the platform in general but I'm just not a social media kind of guy. I can run a social media account for a organization/company, but don't want one for my personal stuff.

6) Stunt double in an action movie.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:12 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. I find this team very fun to be around, many of the guys are already familiar with me and it's a great time.

2. If we do well, throw some picks around and try to aquire some big names.

3. I say you finish near the top of the standings based on what I've seen so far.

4. I make $0, so moving across the world to make $0 doesn't make much sense. However, I'll still move just to move.

5. Cancel Culture. The stupidest thing to ever be invented. Not much else to say.

6. I play the annoying, wise-cracking friend to the main character. (Like Deadpool's friend who runs the bar.)

You just need to yell David a lot when playing that is really it. Oh and get way to excited when we win games, it doesn't happen often.

More alcohol for the locker room I think

I think we will squeak into the finals and upset the number one seed in the first round then get knocked out.

As long as my partner could come with, I don't see why not. I think it is around America that would be considered the other side of the world. I would probably be a top cricket player there.

Probably the fashion and stuff that is considered popular.

I would like to be a super hero, then hopefully I get paid to train in the gym and I lose a few KGs

For the week ending 8/1:

1. Our first week or so of sims hasn't been remarkable, but it has brought us some wins, which is more than we've been used to lately. What are your first impressions for this season as a whole?

2. How do you feel about your individual production so far?

3. What's your best hot take for this season, unrelated to Davos?

4. Have you been watching the Olympics? If so, what have you seen?

5. What's an underrated YouTube channel you think everyone should know about?

6. What's the last thing you ate?

1. Our first week or so of sims hasn't been remarkable, but it has brought us some wins, which is more than we've been used to lately. What are your first impressions for this season as a whole?

We're gonna win this shit!

A huge surprise. Scoring a lot more than expected.

Odinsson should have signed with us. Then he could actually win the cup.

Yeah. Many sports, my favorites to wacth have been beach volleyball, equastrian and skateboarding.

Sciencephile the AI.

Porridge.

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 8/1:

1. It’s nice to be a good team ! 

2. it’s perfect I have more than 1 point per game 

3. I don’t understand 

4. yes i have watched many things like swimming , diving , run and many others 

5. Buck boys TV

6. Loosing in sports haha 

I've been pretty impressed honestly! On paper I honestly don't think we're QUITE as good as some of the other teams in the league, but so far the standings have begged to differ. Even when outshot we haven't really been blown out yet, so I see no reason why we can't succeed in playoffs as well.

Quite badly! I wasn't expecting that strong of a season from Poopy, but he's doing even worse than expected. I think that partly has to do with where he falls on the depth chart, and partly due to his training being a bit incomplete and inefficient right now, so it is what it is. I'm already penning myself for a Funk Trophy next season.

Contrary to their current success, Vancouver and D.C. will both miss playoffs

No I have neither cable nor time nor a strong enough interest.

Probably not underrated in some circles, and perhaps not that good in the rest, but I really enjoy Alt Shift X's videos. His most popular ones are Game of Thrones/ASOIAF related, but he'll occasionally do a topic completely unrelated to popular media that I enjoy just as much, if not more.

I just finished eating some Chicken Bacon Ranch and Buffalo pizzas, which after ordering, I woefully realized they're basically the same pizza with different sauce. Oops.

Edited by JardyB10

1. Our first week or so of sims hasn't been remarkable, but it has brought us some wins, which is more than we've been used to lately. What are your first impressions for this season as a whole?

So far so good! We are right in the mix in the European conference. We have played well as a team and I think we can carry this momentum throughout the season.

So far I am thrilled. I want to see improvement every season and with the ample opportunity I am getting it’s really starting to pay off.

I have never been good for hot takes. Ummm let’s say Chicago misses the playoffs. I dunno haha

I haven’t watched them very much. I did catch some skateboarding, surfing and that’s about it reallyz

Not a big YouTube guy. So I couldn’t tell you. 

The last thing I ate was 7 layer dip. It was actually more like 6 layer dip because we didn’t put olives on it.

I've been on vacation and kind of missed what is going on.  Have to say I love being in first place even if it is early.

Underwhelmed to be honest.  But can you really double your performance in on year.  Goals are basically flat.  Assists have skyrocketed though so that's good.  FO% also climbing.

The new league VHLE will fold.

Nope.

I don't know if it is underrated, but I like SwitchUp.

Some beautiful ribs at my favorite KC BBQ place - Jack Stack.

1. Our first week or so of sims hasn't been remarkable, but it has brought us some wins, which is more than we've been used to lately. What are your first impressions for this season as a whole?

We are top of the league say we are top of the league

I am always disappointed in my lack of performance I don't think I have ever really had a good season

I think that there will be a golie with 7 shut outs this season

I have been living off them, swimming, track and field, handball, rugby 7s, hockey, soccer, water polo, canoe, diving, gymnastics just to name a few

I think Daniel Thrasher is funny with his musical funniness 

Choc Honeycomb

For the week ending 8/8:

1. Let's just say we've had some good sims. What's the best way to keep that momentum going through the whole season?

2. It turns out that the Big Gustav Moves did not stop after the offseason ended, as we just traded for forward Addison McLaren from Toronto! It does come at a cost, though--all of our high picks are gone. Is this worth it?

3. It occurred to me that I never announced this season's captains. Though we have two captains from previous seasons still in place, one spot remains open! Who would you call the leader of our team (among players not named Taro)?

4. What's something you hope to accomplish in the next 10 years?

5. You can instantly master any one language. Which do you pick and why?

6. Who's your favorite historical figure?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10 @tcookie

1. Let's just say we've had some good sims. What's the best way to keep that momentum going through the whole season?

Don't shake up the lineup too much and team spirits high.

2. It turns out that the Big Gustav Moves did not stop after the offseason ended, as we just traded for forward Addison McLaren from Toronto! It does come at a cost, though--all of our high picks are gone. Is this worth it?

When we win the cup, it is worth it 110%!

3. It occurred to me that I never announced this season's captains. Though we have two captains from previous seasons still in place, one spot remains open! Who would you call the leader of our team (among players not named Taro)?

Me.

Win multiple VHL championships with Davos.

French, or maybe German. Whichever I think is more useful.

Can't say that I have one. There are many fascinating and interesting characters in our rich history, don't exactly have a favorite so to speak.

Adding some new blood is certainly one way, and really just anything to add on to the David hype train. CHOO CHOO!

If we win it certainly is. With McLaren now we have a VERY strong core intact for both this season and next, and even some strong bones for S81! We've gone all in on this core, and I think that was a good move, and I'm certain it will pay off.

It's hard not to go with @Ahma, it's honestly concerning how much he loves David. Though you have to give props to @Berocka as well, who has shown nearly as much commitment with UnGuri.

In real life? I'm not even totally sure honestly. I'd like to be solidified in my career and enjoying what I do most of all. If I have a nice little family started that might be okay too.

Well, if you asked me what language I would most like to learn, I'd say Spanish because it would be the most practical and useful. But since you're telling me I can INSTANTLY MASTER ANY one language, you'd be silly not to go with something much tougher to learn, like Mandarin. Or I'd go with a dead or dying language, like Latin, or something out of an old historical text that gives translation issues now in the modern age.

That's a tough question. All the "sexiest" or more interesting ones are conquerors, and therefore they're probably kind of dicks. Genghis Khan is obviously very fascinating, and I recently learned about Cyrus the Great and other leaders of the Persian Empire. But maybe Jesus Christ would be the best answer, he's had quite the impact on the world, and he was presumably NOT a dick, for the most part.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 8/8:

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10 @tcookie

1. Just everyone doing a good job 

2. I think yes 

3. Ricer 

4. Become rich haha 

5. Spanish because many people talk that 

6. I don’t know 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 8/8:

1. Keep earning dont fall behind

2. I think it is

3. Taro, just kidding I think Ricer is deffo there

4. Get over my severe anxiety and start my business up (In product testing phase)

5.  French, I go to visit family who live in eastern ontario and there are a decent amount of French speaking people there

6. Edward Hubble, I dont know why