HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. We keep beating New York and really nobody else. What's the deal with that?

We are better than them, that's about it

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in @Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

If Gorlab was serious he would have been great

3. What was your first season in the VHL and what memory from that season stands out to you the most?

S42 I think. I don't remember much about my first few seasons here, except I was traded to Davos by Flyersfan. Best thing that happened to in VHL = Davos

4. What's one thing you don't like about this league? Is there anything I could be doing as GM to change that and make it a more positive experience?

:th_berniewtf:

The pension change for one is horrible. Stop hating on welfare&pension members.

5. Let's assume our top pick in this draft lands in the top four. Who would you most want to see on our team? (Keep in mind that Killinger is headed to Toronto as Peace's player)

I don't even know who the draftees are :S

6. Who do you think will win the cup this season?

HC Davos Dynamo.

Looks like we have a rivalry on our hands.

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in @Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

Looks like a good hire to me. Only time will tell.

3. What was your first season in the VHL and what memory from that season stands out to you the most?

Getting the AGM job with Vancouver. Definitely helped keep me interested.

4. What's one thing you don't like about this league? Is there anything I could be doing as GM to change that and make it a more positive experience?

I wish there was a clearer process for choosing new GMs. I feel like the whole process is over before the majority of people know it's going on. It'd be nice to apply, maybe get interviewed, etc.

5. Let's assume our top pick in this draft lands in the top four. Who would you most want to see on our team? (Keep in mind that Killinger is headed to Toronto as Peace's player)

Roque Davis

Vancouver

8 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/9...

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in @Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

4. What's one thing you don't like about this league? Is there anything I could be doing as GM to change that and make it a more positive experience?

1.  At least we're not in last.

2. We will see.  Don't really know the guy.

3. crickets

4. no comment.  You're doing fine.

5.  Another goalie

6. Malmo?

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/9...

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Matt_O @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @Philliefan @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1) I built a pretty good team after all

2) IDC

3) Winning the cup in s63

4) The BOGs, and you can tell the BOGs to go fuck themselves, that would be fantastic

5) You'll have two top 4 picks, as Davos and Toronto will be lotto

6) Us

That's easy, we put more pucks in the net than they do.  Either that or our GM paid them off...

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in @Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

Only time will tell.

It was my 3rd pro season, after having a break though final season of the minors, it was back to where I started in my first season, 3rd line duties.

4. What's one thing you don't like about this league? Is there anything I could be doing as GM to change that and make it a more positive experience?

Dunno, this is my first go around.

I'm not the GM, stop asking us to do your job for you

Riga  - I have trained them well.  That is assuming we don't win.

It's the curse of Elias Dahlberg. New York should have picked him over RSJr.

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

I am not active enough to know who is who anymore, but I trust you to make the right decision. He's probably a great AGM.

My first season on the site was S63, which I played in the VHLM. Favourite memory was coming back from 7-1 down against Saskatoon in game one of the semi-finals. We ended up winning 8-7 in overtime. Best memory ever for me.

I don't like the lack of variety. The attributes that you can update are lacking, as well as the options for point tasks. It got old after about 4-5 seasons of the same thing for me.

Stone Wolski. I love DollarAndADream. Great member and would be a good addition to the locker-room.

Moscow Menace.

For the week ending 2/16:

1. It was announced yesterday that Elmebeck, former GM of Saskatoon, left this world by causes that remain unannounced out of respect for his family's privacy. Did you know him, and whether or not you did, should the league be doing anything official to remember his presence?

2. I'm 2 for 2 on not winning trades. How many will it take before I successfully fleece someone? Throw out a number and we'll see who comes closest if when it happens.

3. We're finding a good deal less success as of late. Any thoughts on why?

4. Regardless of why we're not doing as well lately, what the hell happened in that game we beat DC 6-0?

5. What do you think our final record will be this season?

6. Two teams are but 7 points ahead of us in the standings: Toronto and Malmo (who actually have a decent roster--check it out here and question the meaning of sim life). Do we have a shot at catching either of them by season's end?

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Matt_O @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. It was announced yesterday that Elmebeck, former GM of Saskatoon, left this world by causes that remain unannounced out of respect for his family's privacy. Did you know him, and whether or not you did, should the league be doing anything official to remember his presence?

Absolutely no idea who he was.

2. I'm 2 for 2 on not winning trades. How many will it take before I successfully fleece someone? Throw out a number and we'll see who comes closest if when it happens.

The odds are in your favor. So I'd say ranging from the next trade you make to your 1000th trade. Has to happen eventually.

:th_berniewtf:

4. Regardless of why we're not doing as well lately, what the hell happened in that game we beat DC 6-0?

We played great hockey, everything clicked. We focused on our game, we worked harder than them. We just kept rolling.

24 wins and the rest you can guess.

6. Two teams are but 7 points ahead of us in the standings: Toronto and Malmo (who actually have a decent roster--check it out here and question the meaning of sim life). Do we have a shot at catching either of them by season's end?

We have a shot, obviously. We can catch them easy!

1. It was announced yesterday that Elmebeck, former GM of Saskatoon, left this world by causes that remain unannounced out of respect for his family's privacy. Did you know him, and whether or not you did, should the league be doing anything official to remember his presence? I did not know him persosnally but heard he was a good guy, and yes it would be great to see the league honor him in some way.

2. I'm 2 for 2 on not winning trades. How many will it take before I successfully fleece someone? Throw out a number and we'll see who comes closest ifwhen it happens. 3rd time is a charm maybe! I say 3 will work this time.

4. Regardless of why we're not doing as well lately, what the hell happened in that game we beat DC 6-0? We just played a solid game defensively and shut them out.

5. What do you think our final record will be this season? I hope  we will be able to get close to .500 but not sure if that will happen or not.

6. Two teams are but 7 points ahead of us in the standings: Toronto and Malmo (who actually have a decent roster--check it out here and question the meaning of sim life). Do we have a shot at catching either of them by season's end? I say yes because this sim engine is wacky and ya never know what's happening.

8 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/16:

I had a convo or two but didn't really know him.  It would be nice if the league took up donations to a charity in his honor

sometimes you have to make trades based on need.  While everyone thinks the trade was bad, we got a player that is doing well for us.

Everyone is hopefully practicing and updating.  Maybe you're learning more about STHS or maybe it's matchups.  who knows

DC is one of the teams we match up well against.  Sure our record is worst in the league, but there haven't been a huge amount of blowouts.   We've hung tough against everyone. We're not as bad as people say

I would be happy with 25 to 30 wins.

Not unless something changes drastically but who knows,

A trophy or award could be named in their honour.  Maybe a wing in the Hall of Fame for members that have left this world.

I'm just waiting for the team to be down and out, then the comeback will be that much more amazing cementing my legacy in this league.

You are rebuilding, you aren't trying to compete, you are building a franchise that will be able to compete in several years.  Many players are still working their way into the league and figuring out how they need to play.

The team listened to me.

We will have more wins than we do now.

6. Two teams are but 7 points ahead of us in the standings: Toronto and Malmo (who actually have a decent roster--check it out here and question the meaning of sim life). Do we have a shot at catching either of them by season's end?

Yes we do.

For the week ending 2/23:

1. What do you think about this logo concept made by @Motzaburger? Better? Worse? About the same? What's your opinion about our current logo?

2. With Davos out of the running, which team would you like to see win the Cup the most this season?

3. How do you feel about your performance as an individual player this season?

4. You can take any one member of the league who doesn't currently play for Davos and bring them to our team. Who do you choose?

5. Though we very likely are not expanding anytime soon, @Corco wrote an article about possible expansion team locations. If you could put a team anywhere, where would it be?

6. The team goes out for a night on the town. Who gets the most hammered?

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Matt_O @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/23:

1. What do you think about this logo concept made by @Motzaburger? Better? Worse? About the same? What's your opinion about our current logo?

2. With Davos out of the running, which team would you like to see win the Cup the most this season?

4. You can take any one member of the league who doesn't currently play for Davos and bring them to our team. Who do you choose?

5. Though we very likely are not expanding anytime soon, @Corco wrote an article about possible expansion team locations. If you could put a team anywhere, where would it be?

1.  It's good but I like our current logo.  

2. Moscow

3. It's my best year yet but I'm still behind on my save percentage.  Pretty happy though

4. @Mr_Hatter he's one of my best buds in the league and a great young goalie

5. France or Germany

6. Gustav, I think he does this before trades anyway

Worse. The current logo is majestic and we will never need a new one.

Moscow? Malmö? Not sure.

Okay I guess. Way too many penalties, which I don't like. At all.

Threre are too many to choose. Eaglesfan, Victor, gorlab, boubabi, Will and Green just to name same.

Turku and Quebec!!!

Samuel probably.

1. What do you think about this logo concept made by @Motzaburger? Better? Worse? About the same? What's your opinion about our current logo? It's pretty good and I still like our current logo.

2. With Davos out of the running, which team would you like to see win the Cup the most this season? I like Helsinki, but Vancouver and Moscow look tough to beat.

3. How do you feel about your performance as an individual player this season? I could be doing a lot better for sure. But my shots blocked are in the VHL TOP 10 this year.

4. You can take any one member of the league who doesn't currently play for Davos and bring them to our team. Who do you choose? I would say any player that has  a lot of TPE and a good statistical record.

5. Though we very likely are not expanding anytime soon, @Corco wrote an article about possible expansion team locations. If you could put a team anywhere, where would it be? I would love to see one in St.Louis.

6. The team goes out for a night on the town. Who gets the most hammered? I'm picking Gustav Mattias to get wasted! lol

1. What do you think about this logo concept made by @Motzaburger? Better? Worse? About the same? What's your opinion about our current logo?

New logo? shouldn't the focus be on trying to win a game rather than commissioning a new logo?  Sometimes I am amazed we have won this many games with the way the management seems to prioritize.

Whichever team I'm traded to.  Barring that, I have friends in Riga.

I feel I have been able to show off my skill set, it's just hard when you are on this team doing this poorly to talk about anything good that you are doing.

No one.  I would not subject anyone to losing like this.  It's disheartening. 

5. Though we very likely are not expanding anytime soon, @Corco wrote an article about possible expansion team locations. If you could put a team anywhere, where would it be?

Didn't we just expand?  Why don't we just have enough players to have each team run 3 or 4 lines (and turn on endurance/stamina)

For those that drink, I would say it's an even draw.  We all want to find a way to make ourselves forget our losing season in Davos.

For the week ending 3/1:

1. Any plans for the offseason? Going on vacation, partying, or hitting the gym and gearing up for S71?

2. You have to challenge one other player in the VHL to a fight. Who is it?

3. The trade deadline has come and gone, and it was very quiet, with nothing happening outside of a swap of 4th-rounders by New York and Vancouver. Was this surprising to you? 

4. Despite playing for the worst team in the league, goaltender Samuel Ross is putting up career numbers. Why?

5. We'll have a ton of cap space next season. What do we spend it on? Are you looking for a big bonus, or should we try to fill it by grabbing some players?

6. Davos gets together to throw Matthew Materazo (@Matt_O) a retirement party. What do you bring that nobody else will?

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. Any plans for the offseason? Going on vacation, partying, or hitting the gym and gearing up for S71?

Vacation time. Going to Italy.

Jim Bob. Definitely.

3. The trade deadline has come and gone, and it was very quiet, with nothing happening outside of a swap of 4th-rounders by New York and Vancouver. Was this surprising to you?

Not really, unlike NHL, our trade deadline's tend to be a bit more quiet.

4. Despite playing for the worst team in the league, goaltender Samuel Ross is putting up career numbers. Why?

He is simply that good. Imagine Ross a few seasons from now, he'll be a beast.

5. We'll have a ton of cap space next season. What do we spend it on? Are you looking for a big bonus, or should we try to fill it by grabbing some players?

Sign some guys for sure.

6. Davos gets together to throw Matthew Materazo (@Matt_O) a retirement party. What do you bring that nobody else will?

The best speech you'll ever hear from a captain.

1. Any plans for the offseason? Going on vacation, partying, or hitting the gym and gearing up for S71? I will figure that out once season ends. 

2. You have to challenge one other player in the VHL to a fight. Who is it? I will fight anyone if they play a cheap game.

3. The trade deadline has come and gone, and it was very quiet, with nothing happening outside of a swap of 4th-rounders by New York and Vancouver. Was this surprising to you? It was not surprising because the playoff race is pretty tight.

4. Despite playing for the worst team in the league, goaltender Samuel Ross is putting up career numbers. Why? He's a great goaltender and he took home a Gold medal this year.

5. We'll have a ton of cap space next season. What do we spend it on? Are you looking for a big bonus, or should we try to fill it by grabbing some players? I will leave that up to the GM and coaches. 

6. Davos gets together to throw Matthew Materazo a retirement party. What do you bring that nobody else will? I will bring the strippers!

On 2/23/2020 at 11:07 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 3/1:

6. Davos gets together to throw Matthew Materazo  a retirement party. What do you bring that nobody else will?

1.  Putting in more work

2. Hulk Hogan

3.  A little bit, but I think GMs don't want to take a chance on giving another team an advantage

4.  Well I mean my previous career high was 7 wins

5.  Players, but we can only sign those that want to play here

6.  Boiled Peanuts

On 2/23/2020 at 8:07 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 3/1:

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. I'm going to be purchasing a house in Halifax, where I will retire after next season. I hope to get a staff position with the 21st at some point in the future.

2. Dil has always been my biggest rival, although he's been way more active than me in the last 3 or so seasons, so definitely him.

3. Not really that surprising. All the teams were already pretty much set up to either contend or rebuild, and no one had much to offer at this point in the season.

4. We allow the most shots each game I suppose.  He has more experience this season as well, which helps.

5. I think we should get players that will help us be good in the future, but not guys that are over half done with their careers. We don't want to clog up cap space for nothing.

6. Green beans.

Vacation.  Need a break from all this losing.  Plus it's not the start of my career, I know how to get ready for a season.

Can it be a GM??

No, we have sucked this season, who wants players who can't win?

I keep my indoor firepit under Rossy's seat in the locker room.  I always like to light it before a game - have a nice burger or sausage before the game.  Sometimes I need one between periods.  That is where @GustavMattias comes in really handy.  The GM may not be able to handle the players this year, but Gustav can BBQ! 

Perhaps I should have moved my BBQ around the locker room...

Grab some players, we need to win.  It's no fun losing.  Players will lose interest if things aren't done (even if it looks like something is being done).

An apology letter.  No one wants to end their career on a 'Davos'

On 2/23/2020 at 11:07 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 3/1:

1. Building up my new player into a beast! I have some tough recreates to compete with so I need to keep pace to stay in the first round, which I believe is very obtainable. 

2. General Zod can beat anyone, and I would choose Hulk Hogan to show him who's boss.

3. I wasn't paying much attention. But yes, considering what some deadlines have been like in previous years, this is definitely a surprise.

4. I have no idea, maybe he is just too good. His TPE totals didn't skyrocket or anything, but his games played went up by a lot. I don't know what this means but it's kind of weird.

5. Go for Pat Svoboda and see if Ryan Sullivan Jr is up to be dealt since Malmo's run is over sadly. Can't believe we couldn't win it all at least once, especially when we had Matt Thompson in S68 I think.

6. Thanks for the party! My career will be best remembered in Malmo but Davos was a good final stop. I like what @Tbeez99 decided to bring, he's a real one.