Seattle Bears Press Conference

24. A new kind of cereal just came out and wants some of the Bears players to be in a commercial. Who was in it, what was the name of the cereal and what happened in the commercial?

Cereal was called "Fruits and Nuts". Hogan and Torq were in it but it was canned once Torq showed his actual nuts.

25. @Jubis Zeedayno Chara was caught by TMZ last night eating out and catching drinks with a celebrity date. Who was it??

He went out with Bana. Things went south when Chara made a move.

26. Justin Lose @youloser1337 went on a reality TV show. What show did they go on and what went down??? 

He was on "Love Island". Still doesn't know why nobody else showed up. Episode never aired. 

27. @M0XI recently signed as an undrafted FA. His teammates played some pranks on him in his hotel room. What did they do??

I will say it one last time. The "Super Glue" was not mine.

28. @SlapshotDragon Sigard Petrenko has some pretty strange superstitions. NAME ONE!

A strange one indeed. He wears his athletic supporter backwards. I didn't as why.

29. @oilmandan got a tattoo of a bear with it saying something "_______". What is the Bear tattoo saying and where is it on him??

It's on his right ass cheek and says, "Does the Pope shit in the woods?".

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S82 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S82PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

30. What are your thoughts to the start of Seattle's season?

31. How has your player done so far?

32. What's something that surprises you most to start of the season?

33. VHL Discord moderation seems to me a theme lately. What are your thoughts on it?

34. Valentines Day is coming up. Do you have any plans? 

35. Do you have any memories, whether recent or childhood, of Valentines Day that are "funny", "Cute", "interesting"? etc.

36. Which team that's currently in a playoffs spot has the best chances of falling out of them?

37. What player could be an underdog hero for the Bears this season?

38. What's something good that's happened to you recently?

39. Your player drank some special sports drink and got a hockey super power. What was it??

40. If your player wasn't playing hockey, what would they be doing right now?

24. A new kind of cereal just came out and wants some of the Bears players to be in a commercial. Who was in it, what was the name of the cereal and what happened in the commercial?
It was Kovalchuk and Miglasķēms. Both holding hands and running through a field with sparkles all around. Such a beautiful sight to see!

25. @Jubis Zeedayno Chara was caught by TMZ last night eating out and catching drinks with a celebrity date. Who was it??
It was Martha Stewart. She and Chara were both very rowdy. Some people even thought that Chara was drugged or payed to keep Martha's company. 

26. Justin Lose @youloser1337 went on a reality TV show. What show did they go on and what went down??? 
It was Ellen show to destroy everything and leave head high. That is what a nice guy like Lose would do any day. 

27. @M0XI recently signed as an undrafted FA. His teammates played some pranks on him in his hotel room. What did they do??
I gave him 20 dollars and asked him to get me some Pepsi Max and Latvian smoked sausages. He got really weirded out as I was never joking about it.

28. @SlapshotDragon Sigard Petrenko has some pretty strange superstitions. NAME ONE!
Oh, Sigard is really superstitious about having a drink in the morning before the game - he has told me numerous times that he doesn't do that before the game. I find it disturbing to be honest. 

29. @oilmandan got a tattoo of a bear with it saying something "_______". What is the Bear tattoo saying and where is it on him??
It said "Hating on Vancouver since S67" and well, the place we can't really talk about. 

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

It's certainly been up and down, but I'm no stranger to awful sim luck. Hoping we find something that works consistently.

8 minutes ago, Banackock said:

It's been interesting. I scored more goals and got fewer assists than I should have last season, but this season seems to be the opposite. My point total is doing great, though!

9 minutes ago, Banackock said:

It always seems like the first handful of sims are super high-scoring for some reason. I don't think that comes down much this season with the huge lack of defense around the league, but it's interesting to see what number inflation does.

10 minutes ago, Banackock said:

33. VHL Discord moderation seems to me a theme lately. What are your thoughts on it?

I kind of got shot down for saying this the other day, but I think the mods should represent the community. There seems to be a difference between what the mod team sees as an ideal community and what the community itself sees as an ideal community. Ideally, those should be the same thing, but oh well...I've written up a ton about it so I'll just leave it at that.

13 minutes ago, Banackock said:

35. Do you have any memories, whether recent or childhood, of Valentines Day that are "funny", "Cute", "interesting"? etc.

My high school would sell roses every Valentine's Day and I'd sit there every year wondering if anyone would buy me one and being disappointed when no one did. But practically no one ever bought them, and if they did it was just for whoever they were dating, so I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it (and the way I thought of it was pretty selfish too). These days I don't really care but cringey high school me did.

15 minutes ago, Banackock said:

36. Which team that's currently in a playoffs spot has the best chances of falling out of them?

If the season ended today, DC would be in the playoffs over us. If that happens at the end of the season (it won't), we need to switch sim engines.

30. Not as hot as we’d usually like but we’ve recently started to get back on track. It may have taken a few games to get things down but we seem to have it relatively figured out and we’re winning games now.

31. Slightly better start but it seems like the same old in my eyes. Hopefully things begin to change because I have been underperforming my whole VHL career and don’t really have a “thing” I do in the league.

37. A bit strange saying this considering he’s our captain and in my opinion, the best hitting player in the league but Vinny is underrated defensively and is starting to rack up points so my choice would most likely be him.

38. I was able to trade in some games and was able to buy NHL Hitz 2003 for 5 bucks as well as buying the original DS model from a game trading shop so that’s fun!

39. The hockey super power was being to aim every shot perfectly regardless of how hard it is. This includes somehow adding spin to the puck and almost curving the puck as if it was a soccer ball in soccer or a baseball being pitched as a curveball.

40. Probably would be a fisherman. Seattle has shown him the joys of fishing and he has grown to love fishing in the Seattle area. Nothing like sitting back and catching fish with some friends.

SEATTLE BEARS PRESS CONFERENCE  

24. A new kind of cereal just came out and wants some of the Bears players to be in a commercial. Who was in it, what was the name of the cereal and what happened in the commercial?

THE CEREAL IS CALLED TEDDY BEAR CRUNCH.  ITS SIMILAR TO CAPTAIN CRUNCH.  CHARA WAS IN THE COMMERCIAL, EATING A BOWL OF THE CEREAL. 

25. @Jubis Zeedayno Chara was caught by TMZ last night eating out and catching drinks with a celebrity date. Who was it??

ARIANA GRANDE, THEY SECRETLY DATED WHEN CHARA PLAYED FOR MIAMI. 

DR. PHIL AND HE TOLD THEM TO CATCH HIM INSIDE, HOW ABOUT THIS. 

PUT ALL HIS CLOTHES IN THE BATHTUB 

HE THINKS THE FINAL DESTINATION MOVIES WERE REAL.  NEVER CHEAT DEATH. 

ITS A CARE BEAR 🐻  AND IT SAYS : BEARS FOREVER 

It was a feeling out period that was totally expected. 

I think for a rookie he has done well.

We still don't have Soap on a Rope in the showers.

I don't hang there much and haven't been caught up in any of that.

34. Valentines Day is coming up. Do you have any plans? 

Going out to dinner, some drinks and whatever follows after. I might even take my wife.

I have no childhood memories that I know of. I think that in itself is interesting.

32. Lots of scoring happening. I remember when I first joined, barely anybody scored 100 points.

33. I personally haven't been on the main VHL discord page so I don't have any real context to what is happening. Kind of weird it's an issue considering barely any blown up drama happens on the forum.

34. Gonna watch the Super Bowl highlights one more time, hopefully be happy that the Bengals won and then go to school, do a test, then sleep.

Super Bowl Nfl GIF by INTO ACTION

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S82PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

41. Who is going to win the Super Bowl? If it's over, who did you think was going to win?

42. If you watched the Super Bowl, did you have any snacks? What did you have??

43. What were your thoughts on Eminem, Snoop, Kendrick, MJB and Dre's half time show? Pumped for this..

44. If you had to plan a half time show, who would you have perform?

45. Your VHL player is in a Super Bowl ad with some teammates. What is the ad and what's it for?

46. Monday is tomorrow. What do you have going on this week?

47. Thoughts on the Bears season? We're slowly starting to turn it around!!

48. How is your player doing?

49. Any suggestions you'd have to help the Bears?

50. How is your time on the VHL going?

41. Who is going to win the Super Bowl? If it's over, who did you think was going to win? Figured the Rams would win with all their hired guns. I was cheering for Cincy as they were the underdog. Not really a fan of either, but glad it was another good game 

42. If you watched the Super Bowl, did you have any snacks? What did you have?? We had nachos, chips, wings and pop and other goodies. Had a few people over. Good time. 

43. What were your thoughts on Eminem, Snoop, Kendrick, MJB and Dre's half time show? Pumped for this.. Not a big rap fan, but it was a much better show than what we’ve seen recently 

44. If you had to plan a half time show, who would you have perform? Alexisonfire with Volbeat, Staind and Brett Kissel

45. Your VHL player is in a Super Bowl ad with some teammates. What is the ad and what's it for? We’d be in the Chevy commercial with Walter the cat 

46. Monday is tomorrow. What do you have going on this week? Staying home for a couple days with the kid and baby momma

47. Thoughts on the Bears season? We're slowly starting to turn it around!! Not bad I guess

48. How is your player doing? Bit of a sophomore slump, but we’ll turn it around 

49. Any suggestions you'd have to help the Bears? Sign an Evander Kane type to give us a boost 

50. How is your time on the VHL going? Not nearly as fun as it used to be. Lots of PC SJWs around now. Bans and suspensions being handed out like condoms on valentines. I’ll probably be suspended for that too lol. 

Ask 2

What NHL player would you wanna add to the Bears?

Other than VHL, what is your favourite sim league 

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

51. From @oilmandan (fun Q). If you could add a NHL player to the VHL Bears, who would you choose?

52. Max Torq @Steve has invited the team over for some food and to watch a game. What did he cook? What game did you watch?

53. What are your thoughts on the Bears most recent play?

54. Scoring and offense remains incredibly high (imo) in the league. What are your thoughts on why that is?

55. @Gustav is 21 goals away from 300. Do you think he can do it? How will you help them??

56. Justin Lose @youloser1337 hit 500 career points this season. How did the team celebrate?

57. Chara @Jubis has 292A in 392 GP. Which comes first? 300A or 400GP (the chicken or the egg???)

58. @Hogan has decided to run for VHL president. What are the top 3 things on their agenda to do?

Edited by Banackock

32 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

51. From @oilmandan (fun Q). If you could add a NHL player to the VHL Bears, who would you choose?

52. Max Torq @Steve has invited the team over for some food and to watch a game. What did he cook? What game did you watch?

54. Scoring and offense remains incredibly high (imo) in the league. What are your thoughts on why that is?

55. @Gustav is 21 goals away from 300. Do you think he can do it? How will you help them??

56. Justin Lose @youloser1337 hit 500 career points this season. How did the team celebrate?

57. Chara @Jubis has 292A in 392 GP. Which comes first? 300A or 400GP (the chicken or the egg???)

58. @Hogan has decided to run for VHL president. What are the top 3 things on their agenda to do?

51. McDavid. Easily. That would be amazing to have a franchise talent.

55. Lose will pass the puck to him at all times. No more goals for me.

56. I was bombarded in the locker room as a celebration. It was great.

57. 300 assists easily. He's an amazing player. No way it takes more than 400gp.

On 2/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, Banackock said:

Jeff Skinner. If you think the sim engine is terrible now, watch him pop off one season and be the worst player on the ice in the next.

We've picked it up lately! A head-scratcher here and there, but we're no longer dropping tons of games in a row.

-Severe lack of defensemen

-Severe lack of (experienced) goalies

-VHLE thinning out rosters and making the VHL more polarized (a la high-scoring VHLM)

-Meta

It's a combination of a ton of things and I don't like any of them.

...I didn't even know this; I've been too busy looking at 700 points. Realistically--it's possible! I'll earn what I can before the deadline.

Statistically speaking, 392 GP is more likely...but I think I'm obligated to make the homer call here. Assists first.

#FreeHogan 3 times.

51. From @oilmandan (fun Q). If you could add a NHL player to the VHL Bears, who would you choose?

ONLY SUSPENDED BRAD MARCHAND

52. Max Torq @Steve has invited the team over for some food and to watch a game. What did he cook? What game did you watch? 

HONEY HOT CHICKEN WINGS AND THE SUPER BOWL. 

WE HAVE BEEN DOING WELL. NO WORRIES 

THE VANCOUVER META 

56. Justin Lose @youloser1337 hit 500 career points this season. How did the team celebrate?

teAm keg party

57. Chara @Jubis has 292A in 392 GP. Which comes first? 300A or 400GP (the chicken or the egg???)  Now 296 and 396.   Come on assists 💪 

58. @Hogan has decided to run for VHL president. What are the top 3 things on their agenda to do?

stop himself from getting banned

Stop anyone from suspending him

Finally find out who rats him out

Edited by Jubis

On 2/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, Banackock said:

51. I would want Kempe from the Kings. 

52. It was a fun day. He threw some ribeyes on the grill and we watched the move Slapshot before we watched the Super Bowl.

53. We have had good runs and not so good runs. I think we are just finding ourselves and will be a productive team in short order.

54. If it has anything to do with the so called "Meta" build, they I hope the league makes all core skills relevant. 

55. He is a good player and I believe he will reach that mark. He will get the puck passed to him more often than not.

56. I don't remember a thing other than waking up in a holding cell. 

51. Currently, I'd probably add a backup goaltender to give Flex some rest. Probably would bring in somebody like Juuse Saros.

52. Listen, having burgers during the Super Bowl was great. I'd definitely do it again with the team if I could. It was fun cheering and just hanging out as we watched the ball game, even if the Bengals lost. Should have known better than to bet.

53. It's great to see how we have come together and just started winning games both tight and not as tight. Just a very complete and high-pressure game from us. Dominating in shots help us dominate the scoreboard and so I'm really excited to see this team prove itself.

54. I remember when I first joined in 2018 that the highest scorers would get around 100 so it's wild to see how much scoring there is. My guess is because of how many more teams there are, there are all different types of goalies and a lot more fresh ones. More roster spots from expansion teams as well as more leagues to play in (VHLM, VHLE, and VHL) add to more playing time for players as well. I remember when Riga had enough players to have three full lines (maybe even four) but now we have players playing in two lines. Also, meta.

56. Took him out to dinner. We bond through food a lot if you haven't noticed. Like real bears, we have quite the appetite both on the table and on the ice.

57. 300 assists. Man knows how to pass. If I had to make a comparison, Chara passes to Lose and Tsujimoto like Phil Housley passed to Teemu Selanne way back when. He knows how to get the puck where you want it and exactly where you need it. Absolutely magnificent to watch and experience.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

59. I missed the opportunity, but who was your VHL Valentines for Valentines Day?

60. Paris Hilton came out with a new perfume for Valentines Day. She did a raffle to see who would be in the advertisement and name it after. Somehow.. a Seattle Bears player won.. who was it and what did they name it?

61. The Seattle arena came out with a brand new food item for game nights SHAPED AS A BEAR. What is it?

62. Some of our players pranked someone on the team for Valentines Day... who did they prank and how? ;) 

62. What are you looking forward to this week?

63. Who is the MVP up to this point for the VHL?

64. Who has been the best goalie up to this point in the VHL?

65. If you could vacation anywhere, or vacation again somewhere, where would it be and why?

66. You have been asked to play a superhero in the next marvel movie.. they want you to be Bear theme. What's your name? What's your abilities? Are you good or evil???

On 2/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

59. I missed the opportunity, but who was your VHL Valentines for Valentines Day?

60. Paris Hilton came out with a new perfume for Valentines Day. She did a raffle to see who would be in the advertisement and name it after. Somehow.. a Seattle Bears player won.. who was it and what did they name it?

61. The Seattle arena came out with a brand new food item for game nights SHAPED AS A BEAR. What is it?

62. Some of our players pranked someone on the team for Valentines Day... who did they prank and how? ;) 

65. If you could vacation anywhere, or vacation again somewhere, where would it be and why?

66. You have been asked to play a superhero in the next marvel movie.. they want you to be Bear theme. What's your name? What's your abilities? Are you good or evil???

61. One of those pizzas like the little Ceasers batman one.

62 (2). Something could happen on monday, which isn't this week but its close enough.

63. Hogan 2, not up for discussion. He's a stud and has over a point per game right now.

65. Fiji. Everything about Fiji seems so cool. From the landscape to the people everything is pretty cool.

66. Hunky Hogan. A bad guy with super strength able to beat up anybody he wants to and get all the girls.

59. Nobody, I don't got love for anybody as everybody wants to see me fail.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, Banackock said:

NO ONE because the HORNY POLICE do not ENGAGE in such FRIVOLITY

TARO. I do not care what the stats say. I do not care what anyone else's opinion is. I need my awards so I can at least get on the HoF ballot instead of just being forgotten right away.

ALSO TARO. Making history by winning both a skater award and a goalie award in the same season would be something for the league to talk about.

I want to go to a Spanish-speaking country so I can see if my time studying the language has been useful enough that I can get by with it. That and I've never really been outside the US (except for Canada but that doesn't count) so I'd love to see how other parts of the world work.

I am The Polarizer (like a polar bear idk). Basically Magneto (because magnets = poles and such) but a bear. And society has to decide if I'm good or evil, because I'm meant to be polarizing.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:36 PM, Banackock said:

59. I sent cards out to several of my friends but nobody replied. I made myself my Valentine and took myself out to a bar and hit on myself all night. 

60. Funny thing that they picked Max Torq for the advertisement. They named it "Ball Sweat". 

61. The worlds best pizza of course.

62. A few unnamed players thought the boss, Bana, could use a little pranking. They left a box of his favorite chocolates in his office, laced with Exlax.

62b. Still looking for a bit of consistency. We are getting closer.

63. Looks like Dan Dan has been the player to beat this season.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:36 AM, Banackock said:

61. Tiny Teddies obviously 

62. WE all pretended that Taro had admirers 

63. UnGuri for sure he manages to make any team he plays for extremely mediocre

64. Sales as much as I hate to admit it he is good

65. Would love to go to an island country again the Maldives were very nice and so was Fiji

66. Evil bear called Mr. Cuddles. I cuddle people and absorb there powers and the people suffocate in my cuddles.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

67.  What are your thoughts on the team trading for @berocka? @Berocka

68. Who are some of of your favorite VHL members?

69. Who will place higher - LA Stars or Vancouver Meta? Why?

70. Who is a member that has left but you'd like to see come back?

71. If you had to pick a cartoon character to play on the Bears, who would you choose and why?

72. @Hogan was seen on the TV show "COPS". What was he doing?

Edited by Banackock

67.  What are your thoughts on the team trading for @berocka? @Berocka

Guys a legend!

68. Who are some of of your favorite VHL members?

Berocka

69. Who will place higher - LA Stars or Vancouver Meta? Why?

Meta cause nobody likes them

70. Who is a member that has left but you'd like to see come back?

Tate and he did return :)

71. If you had to pick a cartoon character to play on the Bears, who would you choose and why?

bugs bunny ,  I watched space jam.  They win 

72. @Hogan was seen on the TV show "COPS". What was he doing?

getting banned banned and thrown in some sort of jail again

1. Who should the Bears target in the draft tonight with their picks?

Get that Torq kid. Seems like an earner.

2. If the draft is over, how do you think the Bears did?

You got the Torq kid, you did great.

3. Who should the Bears target in Free Agency?

I just hit people and pass the puck. I don't know much about this stuff.

4. What are your overall thoughts on your players performance last season?

Well I didn't have a last season yet. I will let you know next season.

5. Thoughts on Vancouver winning the Continental Cup?

Exploit team. No respect for that but I don't blame them for it either.

6. What's one move you'd make to improve the Bears this season?

I am not sure there is one move I would make