Seattle Bears Press Conference

1. Absolutely a fan. It allows for so much more diversity and allows for more creativity in player building. Now we just can't spam the best attributes. We actually have to think about which would help us maximize our certain goals.

2. If I'm completely honest, I tried to make Sigard Petrenko a better Ryuu Crimson. Scoring and a hitter. With a tad less fighting, unfortunately.

3. If I had to compare myself to an NHL player, I'd compare Sigard Petrenko to Micheal Ferland. Can score goals but his main strength is his physical game. That might change this season though.

4. No such thing as too much forward depth. Hope he finds success in C and looking forward to playing with him as a forward.

5. Love it. AJ Williams has always been an excellent player and I have a lot of respect for him from my Mississauga days. Great acquisition.

8. Looking forward to the MLB season starting. I'm not a hardcore MLB fan but it's fun to watch when there is nothing else to do.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S83 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S83PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

1. What are your thoughts on the overall hybrid/attribute scale change etc?

2. How did you build your player? After anyone in the NHL? What kind of player are you going to be?

3. If you didn't in #2 and had to compare yourself to a NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for us (D->F) @Jubis?

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for @ajwllmsn?

6. @BarzalGoat wants to take the team on an off-season vacation. Where did you go? What did you do?

7. A workout supplement brand approached you and wanted you to create your own protein. What did you make? What did you call it? Are there any incentives (you get monthly supplements, a bunch of money etc).

8. Springtime is here. What are you most looking forward to now that the weather is getting nicer?

1. I like it. I've seen a lot of diversity in builds so far and I think it will result in less scoring. I just hope I perform.

2. I built my player to focus heavily on moving the puck and defense, like I had originally intended when I joined the VHL.

4. That's a big move, we needed a center. I figured we would have some wingers play center but having Chara switch to D is really nice and rounds out the team.

5. Big trade, should be big for the team. Like I said, the team is well rounded out and this season is about figuring out how everything works.

7. Hulk Hogan's Vitamins. Always say your vitamins and take your prayer brother.

8. Nothing really related to the spring. But I'm nearing finishing high school so that's cool.

1. What are your thoughts on the overall hybrid/attribute scale change etc?
I think it is the greatest change in a while! We are finally going to see so interesting combinations happening and actual need to figure out how to build a player to your own liking. 

2. How did you build your player? After anyone in the NHL? What kind of player are you going to be?
I built my player basically going in blindly as I thought that it would be pretty much amazing to do something without really knowing what is going to be end result. I didn't try to focus on building it with a certain player in mind.

3. If you didn't in #2 and had to compare yourself to a NHL player, who would it be and why?
As it looks like  right now - I am probably going to say I am somewhere around that Patrice Bergeron build with enough physicality and enough overall awareness to be pretty good all around player.

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for us (D->F)?
I think this will give us a HUGE help on offence that we need, a brilliant move and I think that we will truly see new heights for Chara! 

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for AJ?
It was an important trade to help us, as a team, get ready for a dominating season in the VHL. I am thinking that exactly this trade will prove that we are the main Cup contenders!

6. Barzy wants to take the team on an off-season vacation. Where did you go? What did you do?
He was crazy enough to take all of us to Cologne and make us eat some weird kidney pies that seemed like they were not meant for human consumption. I got a bit weirded out at first but hey, in the end - it is all fine, you just smile and wave!

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S83PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

9. Who is someone you look up to and why?

10. What were your thoughts on the VHL draft?

11. What were your thoughts on VHL Free Agency?

12. Which teams will be the top of EU? Why?

13. Which teams will be the top of NA? Why?

14. You have to implement something crazy into the VHL. Could be anything. What is it??

15. You win 21,000,000 dollars. What do you buy? What do you do???

16. IF Seattle had to rebrand and be something other than the Bears, what are some ideas you'd have?

17. If you could eat one thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?

18. What is the scariest movie you've ever watched?

19. Do you have any pets? What are they and what are their names?

9. Who is someone you look up to and why? I look up to my gym teacher because the dude is 6'4" and I'm like 5'6". Dude's pretty tall in my eyes.

13. Which teams will be the top of NA? Why? The Seattle Bears. Because we can.

14. You have to implement something crazy into the VHL. Could be anything. What is it?? Every so often, attributes just straight up switch. Like for example, if you have 89 SC, it just switches to like PS. That would be absolutely hilarious.

15. You win 21,000,000 dollars. What do you buy? What do you do??? I would probably buy maybe 1000 dollars of Flames memorabilia, pay for college, and save the rest for my future I guess. I don't have any real wants in terms of buying right now.

16. IF Seattle had to rebrand and be something other than the Bears, what are some ideas you'd have? As a homage to what could have been in the NHL, the Seattle Poopsocks. (Jokes aside, I would love a team called the Seattle Tide. Sponsored by Tide.)

17. If you could eat one thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be? I'd probably have to go with Palabok. My favourite dish to eat at parties and gatherings.

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

14. You have to implement something crazy into the VHL. Could be anything. What is it??

16. IF Seattle had to rebrand and be something other than the Bears, what are some ideas you'd have?

17. If you could eat one thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?

10. Didn’t really pay attention to it but congrats to Scotty for going 1oa.

11. Happy about everything. Pumped to be on a winning team again.

13. Us because we are the best. I actually have no idea with the new builds.

15. Pay off all debts and buy a bunch of real estate and investments to be rich forever.

17. Probably spinach. Has no taste and can be mixed with anything.

19. My sister has a cat that we named Nut because we were teenagers and thought it was funny.

9. Who is someone you look up to and why?

Shaquille O'Neil , doesn't everyone look up to him hehe. 

10. What were your thoughts on the VHL draft?

i didn't follow it a ton but I went back and looked at round 1.  Big picks for some teams. 

11. What were your thoughts on VHL Free Agency?

It seemed relatively quiet compared to seasons past

12. Which teams will be the top of EU? Why? Without looking at rosters ill say moscow and London

SEATTLE and Seattle,  the Vancouver Meta * are dead 

14. You have to implement something crazy into the VHL. Could be anything. What is it??

No more meta, oh wait .... I got nothing for now 

15. You win 21,000,000 dollars. What do you buy? What do you do???

Probably a good financial planner.  I would have it so a large portion of the money could only be withdrawn by 2 signatures. 

16. IF Seattle had to rebrand and be something other than the Bears, what are some ideas you'd have?

Seattle Sea Serpents 🐍 

chicken and Rice lol 

One of the paranormal activity movies 

19. Do you have any pets? What are they and what are their names?

none.  2 kids tho 

20. Tell us something about your player?

Chara likes to take baths on gameday

On 4/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

10. I didn't really pay attention to it as it was happening. Looking back, I recognize only a few names and see that Seattle didn't make any selections.

11. Only paid any attention to Seattle, Aj was a big signing and I hope he'll be a large contributor on our team.

13. Us, we simply have the best players and the best build. Not to mention the best history.

14. A lottery, everyone tries to guess a number between 1-10000 and has one entry per season, if somebody gets it right they get 500 tpe.

16. Seattle Mighty Bears, the logo is already made it would be an easy transition. 

18. Not a movie, but as a kid stupid things stuck out to me. Youtube videos or those little chain mail stories would scare the shit out of me, not sure why.

My son. He is 6'6", I am 6'.

It came, we saw, we did what we needed to do.

I don't have much to say about what the leadership does. Everything looks like it helped the team.

Moscow. They look solid and would be my early pick.

Seattle because we are deep as hell and know how to bring home the hardware.

I think giving the fans of the losing team a refund would be kinda crazy.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

20. What are your expectations for your player this season?

21. how has your time been on Seattle?

22. How do you think Seattle will do this season? Predict our 72 game regular season record.

23. When you're feeling down or stressed, what's something that improves yourself or mood?

24. What's something you're trying to learn right now?

25. If you had to bring back from inactivity a VHL villain, which one would it be?

26. Two things are hanging from a cliff. One if Hogan, one is a duffle bag containing $20,000. Can only save one. Which do you save?

27. What's one thing you like to eat that other people might think you're crazy or silly for?

28. Do you have any big plans coming up?

29. If you had to rebrand the LA Stars (stay in LA, new name), what would it be?

3 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

22. How do you think Seattle will do this season? Predict our 72 game regular season record.

23. When you're feeling down or stressed, what's something that improves yourself or mood?

25. If you had to bring back from inactivity a VHL villain, which one would it be?

26. Two things are hanging from a cliff. One if Hogan, one is a duffle bag containing $20,000. Can only save one. Which do you save?

27. What's one thing you like to eat that other people might think you're crazy or silly for?

29. If you had to rebrand the LA Stars (stay in LA, new name), what would it be?

20. We have a strong top 6 for forwards so I’m hoping my player can produce lots of points with the strong line mates I have.

21. Short but good so far. Locker room is a chill fun place and everyone is nice and welcoming.

22. We should be top 3 in NA. I’m thinking 48-21-3

23. I enjoy country music and it usually puts me in a great mood. I like driving around and cranking music.

26. I’m saving Hogan and then we’re jumping the person who has the 20k.

28. My biggest plans are saving up my money so I can travel lots by next year.

21. How has your time been on Seattle? Nothing short of amazing. Love this team and the guys that make it up. Great sense of community, even during tough stretches.

24. What's something you're trying to learn right now? How to get better at badminton; I mean, I was able to make the school club (no tryouts but I did get the singles spot) and it's pretty fun. The main skill I want to learn is how to smash well and effectively.

25. If you had to bring back from inactivity a VHL villain, which one would it be? Not sure if he was much of a villain but I like to consider Ryuu Crimson a pretty notable goon. Yes, I am choosing my own player and yes, I am being narcissistic

26. Two things are hanging from a cliff. One if Hogan, one is a duffle bag containing $20,000. Can only save one. Which do you save? Save Hogan and help AJ jump the dude who has $20k.

28. Do you have any big plans coming up? I have a badminton tournament on Tuesday as well as a musical one act performance in a week or two.

29. If you had to rebrand the LA Stars (stay in LA, new name), what would it be? Might as well have some relation with the LA Kings and call them the LA Royals. I think that would be sick and opens up a lot of cool logo opportunities. Of course, the KC Royals already exist but I think LA could pull off the Royals brand too.

20. What are your expectations for your player this season?

could be hit miss but would be fun if Chara goes beast mode at center.  A 40 goal season would be 👌 awesome. 

ive lOved it.   I have slowly become a more casual member but  I have enjoyed my time here. 

Gotta be 50-18-4

23. When you're feeling down or stressed, what's something that improves yourself or mood?  Spending time with my kids

26. Two things are hanging from a cliff. One if Hogan, one is a duffle bag containing $20,000. Can only save one. Which do you save? ill probably buy a few nice things with the money.

27. What's one thing you like to eat that other people might think you're crazy or silly for? peAnuts and chocolate chips 

On 4/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

20. Right now I think I can be a bit better than last season, I still have to work on my player and should be even better by next season.

21. Good, in the past 2 seasons I've been apart of a good team and have had a lot of good teammates. Overall, its been even better. This is my 10th season playing for Seattle in my time in the VHL and I've had lots of success and fun.

22.  71-1. Maybe. But really we should be a pretty strong team. We have a lot of young players and some top guys who are all great. 

25. I've always wanted to hear the actual thoughts behind the Horcrux story, I cant think of the real users name but I just want to know why.

26. Oh brother you know I can save myself and grab that 20 grand brother.

28. In school right now we're making a presentation with hopes of beating some other teams to go to the nationals or whatever they're called.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

30. What are your thoughts on the Bears hot start?

31. What team has been the most surprising in the VHL so far?

32. What team has been the least surprising in the VHL so far?

33. Who has been the Bears MVP so far?

34. Who has been the VHL's MVP so far?

35. 5 players have a point per game or higher right now. How many finish above at the end of the season?

36. @dasboot is leading the league for HITS. FINALLY. How does he heal the body after hard hitting, rough games?

37. @dasboot also leads the league for goals at the moment... name something else outside of hockey VINNY can do that others can not!

38. @Steve Max Torq has really stepped it up this season. Some might say he's "eating his wheaties". What is his pregame go to meal that helps him turn up for games better?

39. @Hogan has played the most minutes amongst Bears. What's his secret to such good endurance?

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

35. 5 players have a point per game or higher right now. How many finish above at the end of the season?

36. @dasboot is leading the league for HITS. FINALLY. How does he heal the body after hard hitting, rough games?

37. @dasboot also leads the league for goals at the moment... name something else outside of hockey VINNY can do that others can not!

38. @Steve Max Torq has really stepped it up this season. Some might say he's "eating his wheaties". What is his pregame go to meal that helps him turn up for games better?

39. @Hogan has played the most minutes amongst Bears. What's his secret to such good endurance?

30. Good, but we need more goals. We average just over 3 goals a game and 3 goals doesn't win every game.

31. Warsaw sucking is surprising, I thought they would be competing better with the EU.

32. Moscow being good once again.

33. Chara! After switching positions they lead our team in points.

34. Anze Miklavz hands down.

35. Probably 7-8. We have great depth and lots of games to play.

Exactly what I expected. Even with the unknowns due to the new system, the Bears are a strong team.

I don't really know yet. Too early to be surprised by any team.

It's hard to tell this early in the season. We all know how horrible starts can end up with a cup.

It's a team sport and I would say that every player on the team is an MVP.

Anyone on our team can be considered as the leagues best.

Hard to say but I hope that number grows as the builds improve.

I feel it was pretty much expected, with a beastly group with players like Detroit, Chara, Eightnine, Williams and many more, I truly believe there is absolutely nothing can can really hold us back. We are ready to dominate!

Seattle, not because of anything special, it is just that people should be always surprised to see Seattle come down from our mansions in the clouds to talk to plebians of the VHL

Vancouver, again, nothing special, was never really impressed with Metapups ever. I guess the last time I actually liked Wolves was when the team was lead by the great Beaviss. Hmm, sad that he is not a GM there right now. 

In my opinion, Detroit. Nothing is holding that dominant physical beast back. I would be worried to be forced to play against him. 

Dare I say? Detroit. The man is the legend. He goes from being a goon to becoming basically a goon and the greatest offensive player of this season in a one swift move. 

I believe, there are actually quite a few. Heck, I even believe that I can do it! Sure, I have had a pretty slow start there but I have faith that I can fix that and get off my alcohol problem. Well, it isn't really a problem as I am only drinking half a bottle of brandy everyday before the practice sooo...

30. What are your thoughts on the Bears hot start? It's excellent! We've gone from rebuilding literally three seasons ago to being the dark horse and now we're showing that we're capable of being the best in the league. Bana shows his amazing ability to make great lineups out of thin air and we've all proven that the Bears are not going to be dark horses forever.

33. Who has been the Bears MVP so far? Vinny Detroit is an absolute beast. Man can hit, score goals, rack up points. I mean, what can't he do? Great on offense, great on defense, and he's still got the ability to drop the gloves. Vinny Detroit is literally the embodiment of hockey right now.

34. Who has been the VHL's MVP so far? Copy paste everything I said for last question into this answer because once again, it has to be Vinny and his ability to just dominate.

35. 5 players have a point per game or higher right now. How many finish above at the end of the season? My guess is probably 4 because knowing Petrenko, he'll either just miss out or will miss by a long, long shot. Never really any in between.

36. Vinny Detroit is leading the league for HITS. FINALLY. How does he heal the body after hard hitting, rough games? He probably has a really good Tempur-Pedic.

39. Hulk Hogan 2 has played the most minutes amongst Bears. What's his secret to such good endurance? He bought himself the same Tempur-Pedic as Vinny Detroit.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

40.  If you could combine any animals together to create one META animal, which would you combine?

41. Which VHL team do you think would be worth the most money if a real team and for sale?

42. Elon Musk wants to bring green energy to hockey. What are some ideas you'd have for him?

43. The portal to me could add some personality. What are some things you'd add or change about the portal to potentially improve it?

44. ACDC just wrote a new single about the Seattle Bears. What was the title of the song? What is the song like? Feel free to share a verse or two ;)  

45. What keeps you coming back to the VHL?

46. Which current VHL players hockey card would be worth the most money?

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

40.  If you could combine any animals together to create one META animal, which would you combine?

41. Which VHL team do you think would be worth the most money if a real team and for sale?

42. Elon Musk wants to bring green energy to hockey. What are some ideas you'd have for him?

43. The portal to me could add some personality. What are some things you'd add or change about the portal to potentially improve it?

44. ACDC just wrote a new single about the Seattle Bears. What was the title of the song? What is the song like? Feel free to share a verse or two ;)  

40. Eagle and a lion to create the griffin
41. Seattle bears
42. Don't care honestly
43. I would definitely maybe add contracts of players and seeing who top free agents are.
44. WE Bare Bears "Bare under the Bear who trouts into the night! He's growling and rumbling for a fight!"
45. Just hockey i enjoy it alright, not my favorite sport but i enjoy hockey
46. I'll be honest i dont pay attention I'm sorry

40.  If you could combine any animals together to create one META animal, which would you combine?

Anything but a Vancouver wolf. Python and crow.  Posinous birds.  Yikes

would have to be an original 6.  Maybe Seattle actually. 

42. Elon Musk wants to bring green energy to hockey. What are some ideas you'd have for him?

solar powered jumbotron 

hockey player profile pics 100%

44. ACDC just wrote a new single about the Seattle Bears. What was the title of the song? What is the song like? Feel free to share a verse or two ;)  

"duh duh dont poke duh bear!!!! Woaahhhhwww"

45. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? . my vhl addiction 😃 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:16 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

40. Tigers, cheetas and elephants. You get size, speed and hunting ability to kill any animals and run the world essentially.

41. One of the recent dynasty teams like Seattle or Vancouver. Probably not Vancouver though because if they were real they'd have doping scandals.

42. Introduce brocoli, trees and the hulk to hockey. Anything green would work.

43. Nothing major, I think the portal does a good job at having things organized in a simple way. Maybe just a small change of the homepage to be more appealing could be nice.

44. I actually know nothing about ACDC so Ill just make up some lyrics. "4 TIME WINNERS AND THEYRE BACK TO DO IT AGAIN, SEATTLE BEARS ALWAYS HERE TO WINNNNN". Do that in a screaming voice to make it sound cool.

45. Seattle Bears and winning. Thats it.

46. Rookie Scotty Campbell. Same as Gretzky's. Nobody understood how many points they'd rack up against random plumbers and cashiers the other teams had.

A bear and a lizard. What would be cooler than to pull the tail off a bear and have it grow back.

I haven't look at any team to determine it's value. I think Seattle of course would be worth the most but I am biased. 

He would make an electric powered Zamboni.

I don't really know. A few pillows and a throw rug goes a long way.

44. ACDC just wrote a new single about the Seattle Bears. What was the title of the song? What is the song like? Feel free to share a verse or two ;)  

Well, I think " It's a short trip to the Top if you are Seattle" would be a good song title. Starts out slow and builds into a total screamer at the end.

A lot of fun and the league is getting better each season. Why not come back?