Seattle Bears Press Conference

67.  What are your thoughts on the team trading for @berocka? @Berocka
I would have normally said that it was a great idea but considering that it is Berocka, probably the biggest blunder of GM Campbell's career.

68. Who are some of of your favorite VHL members?
There are so many I find incredibly influencial and people I consider my friends. Bana, OrbitingDeath, Thad, IR, Ahma and so many more. But those are probably the incredibly high top there.

69. Who will place higher - LA Stars or Vancouver Meta? Why?
I am betting my money of Vancouver cause they want to go and win before becoming a dumpsterhouse next season.

70. Who is a member that has left but you'd like to see come back?
BladeMaiden. We have had a rocky road in terms of our relationship but I am so sad not to see her around.

71. If you had to pick a cartoon character to play on the Bears, who would you choose and why?
Scooby Doo, as that would be incredibly hilarious to hear his calls on strategy.

72. @Hogan was seen on the TV show "COPS". What was he doing?
Well, Hogan was carrying a bag of sniffy dust and enjoying a moment with 2 slighty dressed females. 

67.  What are your thoughts on the team trading for Berocka? The more the merrier, eh? Good to have a back up for Em Em Flex that isn't just a bot goalie. I found that helped when I had Lafontaine and Askarov backed up for me. That way you're not leaving the net in the hands of the bots. And in case our robot overlords stumble across this and see me trash talking their tending skills, sorry.

68. Who are some of of your favorite VHL members? Jonathan Ori @ROOKIE745is still one of my favourite members and probably will be. Lafontaine and Hextall will always be one of the highlights of my time in the VHL. @DarkSpyrowas also a great rival with... Spyro. Seriously though, we dominated the VHL Canadian goaltending scene and it will still be one of my favourite times in the VHL.

69. Who will place higher - LA Stars or Vancouver Meta? Why? Vancouver Meta. Basing this on goal differential and just the fact that they have had the time to form the meta and find out how to use it to the best of its ability and now they can use this time to suit certain team matchups.

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S82 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S82PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

73. If @BladeMaiden returned, what could she name her player? Let's help her out!

74. What are your thoughts on the new anti-meta build stuff?

75. Who should be hired for the Toronto Legion GM job?

76. Who should be hired for the LA Stars GM job?

77. What were your thoughts on the trade deadline this season?

78. Seems theme week is a revolving door of the same old same.. create your own theme week the league could use!

79. What are your thoughts and emotions on your players play this season?

80. A hot air balloon company wants Bears tough man Vinny Detroit @dasboot to design a hot air balloon for them... what's in going to look like?

81. @Hogan was recently banned from Wal-Mart. What was he doing?

82. You could pick anywhere in the world to travel and visit tomorrow for X amount of days.. where you going and why?

15 hours ago, Banackock said:

73. If Blade returned, what could she name her player? Let's help her out!

78. Seems theme week is a revolving door of the same old same.. create your own theme week the league could use!

73. How about, Sasha Svechnikov, seems like a good Russian heritage name to fit the Bears Russian heritage theme, maybe a Ukrainian player?

74. I think it will be a lot of fun re-learning how to cheat the system. Growing pains will be apparent, and I'll probably re-roll for free every offseason

75. I think Frostbeard would be a good pick, he's worked his way back up the ladder and knows what kind of commitment it takes 

76. Me! I've been around a while, I've been in the M, the E, and I'm ready for the increased responsibility with the big league. 

77. I thought it came and went pretty un-eventful. I did appreciate getting a backup goaler, those are useful!

78. Give a background story about the player you've always wanted to create, but never will. Always wanted a goon, but never wanted to burden yourself with updating a player that won't score? This is your chance!

16 hours ago, Banackock said:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the hybrid attribute idea when we were talking about what to do in the first place, but I also don't hate it. I think the way it's been built addresses a few issues (build diversity and "the only way to build is just to 99 everything") while also taking care of meta stuff.

I went through the hiring thread expecting to have one or two names in mind, but instead I have four or five. Let's just say that it's going to be hard for the league to mess this up!

I can't say I've paid super close attention to trades (the biggest news IMO was Arpa just up and retiring on Riga), but any deadline where I recreate must be a successful one.

I've always wanted to do a "rivals" week where you pick a team/player/person who you would call a rival of yours and do a task on them. I think it would be really interesting and I've pushed for it in the past--but nothing yet. Maybe some time in the future!

This is a tough one because I'm putting up career numbers...but scoring is also WAY up across the league and I don't like it. Last I checked, I was at least on the leaderboards and in the top however-many in a few categories, so I like that...but I think the surge in offense takes away some of the meaning there.

@Hogan was recently banned from Wal-Mart. What was he doing?

I heard he POSTED A MEME in GENCHAT. The monster.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

I'll probably re-roll for free every offseason

You only get 1….

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

You only get 1….

Oh is it only first gens who got 3? I might've misread.... oops

This is what i was referring to:

We recognize this is a large change though and builds may not be perfectly finalized even with the extra tools and preparation time. For that reason we will be offering a 3 season window (ending at the start of S86) in which you will be able to re-roll your player again for free. Everyone will be able to do this once regardless of if they have previously used the paid re-roll or not.

So I'll probably re-roll after my forced re-roll is what i meant

Edited by BarzalGoat
EDIT SAKE

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

Oh is it only first gens who got 3? I might've misread.... oops

This is what i was referring to:

We recognize this is a large change though and builds may not be perfectly finalized even with the extra tools and preparation time. For that reason we will be offering a 3 season window (ending at the start of S86) in which you will be able to re-roll your player again for free. Everyone will be able to do this once regardless of if they have previously used the paid re-roll or not.

So I'll probably re-roll after my forced re-roll is what i meant

Read the sentence right after the underlined part.

3 season window, 1 free re-roll within that window. That’s not 1 free per season.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:46 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S82PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

73. If @BladeMaiden returned, what could she name her player? Let's help her out!

80. A hot air balloon company wants Bears tough man Vinny Detroit @dasboot to design a hot air balloon for them... what's in going to look like?

82. You could pick anywhere in the world to travel and visit tomorrow for X amount of days.. where you going and why?

74. Good, it will take a while to adjust to but I hope it can benefit the league in a few ways. I wanted to see scoring go down and I think this will do it. I also think it will improve diversity in builds which could result in a better overall experience.

81. I just walked in and did the same as everyone else. Shopping. Guess they didn't want me to.

82. Fiji, I've always wanted to go there with how nice it looks. I'm not sure how long I'd go though.

80. It constantly looks like its exploding and on fire. Scares everyone seeing it.

79. Better than my original Hogan's rookie season, but overall scoring is really inflated. I tried to calculate how much 72 points in season 82 would be in season 67 and ended up with around 50. I'm not sure if those numbers are right at all but it is slightly higher than what I had, which was 43.

76. I think rory could take it. They seem to be a big fan of LA

On 3/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, Banackock said:

I think it is a cool solution and I will be interested to see how it all turns out. We may get more realistic results with 99s being harder to hit

Well for the first time ever I got traded so that was kinda cool

Blockbuster Trades. Talk about a previous big trade or propose a big trade between two teams

I am living up to my namesake with UnGuri is extremely mediocre once again

It would look like it was filled with beer

He was trying to steal all the wrestling figurines 

On 3/7/2022 at 5:46 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

73. Gotta be honest i did my real name oop spoiler alert. 
74. I like It as it creates diversity which would be word if everyone in real life was the same type of player
75. Personally i dont pay attention to VHL much hopefully someone who is determined to change things for them
76. Personally i dont pay attention to vhl much but hopefully someone who is determined to change things for them
77. Well It was interesting as I could of possibly been traded, but I was fine with staying with the express
79. I'm getting pretty impressed by how im developing as i am a great backup goalie for the express right now looking to help win a cup right now 

I have no  thoughts on the trade deadline. I let the brains of the team worry about that stuff.

Off the top of my head, I would like to see some sort of inspirational theme that creates a positive vibe to all players. 

I am very happy with Max in his rookie season. He should only get better as he gains skills.

80. A hot air balloon company wants Bears tough man Vinny Detroit @dasboot to design a hot air balloon for them... what's in going to look like?

I think it will look like a big bear. Team logo style.

81. @Hogan was recently banned from Wal-Mart. What was he doing?

He always wanted to be the door greeter so he stood outside the door and rudely welcomed all the shoppers. 

I want to stay home and not travel. It's my safe place and I don't like to travel.

74. What are your thoughts on the new anti-meta build stuff? I personally think it's great. Gives people to be more creative and forces them to be more thoughtful about their builds other than simply just following what everyone else does. Hopefully it adds some diversity to the types of players within the league.

78. Seems theme week is a revolving door of the same old same.. create your own theme week the league could use! I think a cool Theme Week would be different fake brands that could sponsor the league. Except, we don't do Sponsor's Shield. It was fun having fake brands; SS just kinda blew imo.

79. What are your thoughts and emotions on your players play this season? Good to see, doesn't matter if it doesn't help the team. Team success comes over all and also, I need to see my player be consistent with this season after season for me to be satisfied.

80. A hot air balloon company wants Bears tough man Vinny Detroit to design a hot air balloon for them... what's in going to look like? If it's not a huge flying boot, I don't know what would work. Don't even know why I associate Vinny with a flying boot but it'd really fit them. Though I guess another hot air balloon design that would work would be a giant Bear. This man encapsulates the team and really has the spirit of the bear in terms of the team and the animal.

81. Hogan was recently banned from Wal-Mart. What was he doing? I still have no idea how he got that monkey to aim at shoppers with a Nerf gun.

82. You could pick anywhere in the world to travel and visit tomorrow for X amount of days.. where you going and why? The European Conference champ's arena for 7 days. No need to explain why. To win the cup. Hopefully though, this won't just be a PC hypothetical.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

S82PC - Part 8

83. What were your thoughts on our Toronto series win?

84. What are your thoughts on losing to VAN?

85. What do you think of Calgary losing to LA?

86. What are your thoughts on LA playing VAN? (the two teams people say are most meta).

87. Are you excited for the off-season?

88. Who are the two teams in the finals?

89. Taro, Lose and Kunibuni are DONE. How did Seattle thank them for their time? 

90. What's something you're looking forward to this weekend?

91. How has this week been for you? What did you get up to?

92. How is your sports team doing right now in real life? Edmonton Oilers doing better!!

93. Rumor has it tons of teams are selling. What should Seattle do if you were GM?

83. What were your thoughts on our Toronto series win?

It is always good to beat Toronto.

84. What are your thoughts on losing to VAN?

Meta team, we made them work for it.

85. What do you think of Calgary losing to LA?

It's the playoffs, anything can happen.

86. What are your thoughts on LA playing VAN? (the two teams people say are most meta).

They would showcase the need for change.

87. Are you excited for the off-season?

Indeed I am. The start of a new era with the new skills format.

93. Rumor has it tons of teams are selling. What should Seattle do if you were GM?

Bana will do whatever he thinks is best for the team. I would take a close look at see what fits, if anyone, and go for a deal.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

S82PC - Part 8

94. Who do you want to win between Moscow and Vancouver? Why?

95. How do you think the series will actually go?

96. What were your thoughts on the Bears overall season?

97. What were your thoughts on your players season?

98. What would you do this off-season if you were Seattle's GM?

99. Thoughts on @Doomsday and @InstantRockstar getting hired for Toronto and LA?

7 hours ago, Banackock said:

99. Thoughts on @Doomsday and @InstantRockstar getting hired for Toronto and LA?

94. Moscow, because a threepeat is almost unheard of

95. At the moment it is 2-0 to Van I think it will go to 7 with Mos taking it 4-3

96. I think Bana did well with the trades and we went deeper than what was expected. I think if we didn't face Van so early we could have beat anyone else

97. I think UnGuri did his usual of just being a Mediocre player

98. I think you buy hard this offseason. With the extreme changes in TPE and attributes I feel most people would sell. This would be a perfect opportunity to make a splash.

99. I think they are both good hires and will do a good job as long as they have the time.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:03 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

S82PC - Part 8

1.  Moscow, even though Vancouver will win. Meta always win but still doesn't have as many cups as me, embarrassing. When the league has to address what you did to win your cups they don't count.

2. I think I predicted 5 or 6 games per usual, that's normally the outcome just based on statistics.

3. Played good, overall a young team with multiple rookies playing good.

4. Pretty solid. League scoring was high and I finished with a point per game as a rookie defensemen, pretty good in my book.

5. Make some big FA signings, I think we'll have some cap space clear up with a few top players leaving. I'm not really sure who's available as I pretty much do my tasks and get off now. 

6. It's cool, I like both of them and played under Doom one season in the VHLM. I've always wanted to play under IR but never got the chance.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S82 Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

82PC - Part 1

82PC - Part 2

S82PC - Part 3

S82PC - Part 4

S82PC - Part 5

S82PC - Part 6

S82PC - Part 7

S82PC - Part 8

the meta cause why not.  The more asterisks the better. 

i predicted meta in 5 but they swept 

Great season 👏  took the meta to 6 games in round 2

Chara had a down year. 30 something points less then previous season but still not shabby 😉

Remain competitive, get younger and replenish assets at the same time. 

On 3/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Banackock said:

Well deserved hirings 

Moscow of course. Vancouver beat us so I wanted to see them lose.

Most likely be a sweep by Vancouver.

I think we did well with who we had and who we played against.

Max had a great season. Nothing impressive on the scoreboard but seemed to play defense  fairly well for a rookie.

Well that's a tough question but I would do whatever Bana always did.

99. Thoughts on @Doomsday and @InstantRockstar getting hired for Toronto and LA?

Good for them and both teams should be better off because of these two good leaders.

94. Moscow because the Meta eliminated us. Get some revenge for us!

95. Unfortuantely, probably Vancouver. They found a system that overpowers teams and it has worked for them so far.

96. Young team and just an overall good season. Players stepped up, and we fairly solid defensively. Showed a lot of promise. Let's have a better one this season.

97. It was an great season. I was lucky to be able to play beside Taro and Justin, who just lit it up. Hopefully I can prove that I can stand on my own.

98. Check out the FA market and sign some guys. We have a young core that is getting better and better but having one or two veterans would help like how Lose and Tsujimoto helped elevate us.

99. Great hires, it will be interesting to see how they run things for those two teams. 

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S83 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S83PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

1. What are your thoughts on the overall hybrid/attribute scale change etc?

2. How did you build your player? After anyone in the NHL? What kind of player are you going to be?

3. If you didn't in #2 and had to compare yourself to a NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for us (D->F) @Jubis?

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for @ajwllmsn?

6. @BarzalGoat wants to take the team on an off-season vacation. Where did you go? What did you do?

7. A workout supplement brand approached you and wanted you to create your own protein. What did you make? What did you call it? Are there any incentives (you get monthly supplements, a bunch of money etc).

8. Springtime is here. What are you most looking forward to now that the weather is getting nicer?

1.What are your thoughts on the overall hybrid/attribute scale change etc?

It had to be done.  Vancouver Meta 

2. How did you build your player? After anyone in the NHL? What kind of player are you going to be?

I tried to build a sniper.  Someone with a big shot 

3. If you didn't in #2 and had to compare yourself to a NHL player, who would it be and why?

hmmm. Matthews shot would be amazing 

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for  us (D->F) @Jubis

Ill do anything I can to help the team. If asked to change positions I don't hesitate.  On the plus side I am excited and I feel rejuvenated with the change.  

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for @ajwllmsn?

big move , Seattle gets a star player its awesome. 

6. @BarzalGoat wants to take the team on an off-season vacation. Where did you go? What did you do?

We are hitting up Florida for some beach weather in Miami  , maybe a trip up to Disney world.  Chara loves vacations. 

•  
Edited by Jubis

I am not a huge fan of change but this change was needed even if there wasn't an exploit. Makes me feel like the league is really all about the ... league.

2. How did you build your player? After anyone in the NHL? What kind of player are you going to be?

I didn't have any players in mind when I was trying to figure out what I was making. Should be a gritty defenseman but not sure.

3. If you didn't in #2 and had to compare yourself to a NHL player, who would it be and why?

Old timer Matt Greene. Didn't score much but wasn't fun to be near. Hard competitor. 

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for us (D->F) @Jubis?

If that's what he wanted to do then more power to him. Should be a huge plus for the team.

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for @ajwllmsn?

AJ is a solid player and a great teammate. He will fit right in with the Seattle crew.

6. Springtime is here. What are you most looking forward to now that the weather is getting nicer?

Warmer weather is always a good thing. My favorite time of the year. 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S83 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S83 VHL Draft

S82 VHL Index

S82 VHLE Index

S82 VHLM Index

This Season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S83PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

4. What are your thoughts on Chara switching for C for us (D->F) @Jubis?

5. What are your thoughts on the team trading for @ajwllmsn?

6. @BarzalGoat wants to take the team on an off-season vacation. Where did you go? What did you do?

7. A workout supplement brand approached you and wanted you to create your own protein. What did you make? What did you call it? Are there any incentives (you get monthly supplements, a bunch of money etc).

8. Springtime is here. What are you most looking forward to now that the weather is getting nicer?

1. I love it. It’s a great way to get rid of the meta and now all players won’t be stacked at 500 TPE.

2. I built my player to have solid scoring and defence stats as well as strength. Hopefully he can be a good two way forward.

3. I’d hope my player could be a MacKinnon but he’s more like a Gallagher right now kind of.

4. Great move. Will need a first line center this season.

5. I’m enjoying Seattle so far. Sad to leave LA being the team I was drafted to, but in the bigger picture Seattle is a better fit for my player.

6. We went to Mexico and drank so much tequila that the team ordered “friendly guests” back to the hotel rooms.