Seattle Bears Press Conference

On 9/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, jRuutu said:

Q's for TPE

1. What is the worst way to spend the off-season? The worst way to spend the off-season is to spend it sleeping. I mean, if that's what you use it for, I won't judge; nothing inherently wrong with sleeping but it just feels wrong to me. I have so much free time to practice, travel, visit family, other stuff; why not use it?

2. You show up to the training camp in terrible condition, what is the excuse you use? I'll pin it on jet lag. Since I tend to go back home to Russia during the off-season, the time difference does mess me up quite a bit when I go back and forth. Sure, we travel back and forth from Europe in the VHL as well but it's worse when I spend a long time overseas. At least in the VHL, it's usually short stays.

3.  First five games, what kind of start to the season will Seattle get? Well, five games have passed but as a general prediction for a start, I will admit it will be rough but that's because we're still figuring out what to do because this is a way different team. Not bad, just different. It'll need some adjusting but other than that, we're as good as gold!

4.  Top-3 worst colors for team bus? Neon green, black (looks cool but the inside is like an oven), and tan.

5.  What makes Seattle a nice place to live in? I adore the strong sports community here. Whether you are a Seahawks, Bears, Mariners, or Kraken fan, you cheer for Seattle.

6.  How many sticks do you carry with you to games?

More Q's for TPE

1. Has any players in VHLE caught your attention?

2. Do you think any of the VHLE teams could win a series against one of the VHL teams?

3.  Thoughts or comments on the start to the season for Seattle/you personally?

4. Can Seattle make the playoffs this year?

5. Should VHL jerseys have ads on them?

6. Who would win the fight - wolf or a bear?

:sea: Bana's & Beav's S80 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S80 VHL Draft

S80 VHL Index

S80 VHLE Index

S80 VHLM Index

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears losing the finals to Malmo?

2. What are your thoughts on Rara Rasputin leaving Seattle? Did you say anything to them before they left? @Victor

3. Thoughts on the Bears trading Isabela Campbell to Davos? @Banackock

4. Thoughts on Seattle trading Kasper Kankunnen @16z to Chicago?

5. Thoughts on Seattle getting @BladeMaiden in FA, the fire and ice, then bana returning her to @diamond_ace/prague

6. After 12 seasons, 7 finals and 5 cups, the Bears rebuild. Thoughts on how its went so far?

7. What are your thoughts on Seattle bringing in @Beaviss to help with the team?

8.  Thoughts on SEA trading for @NerdyCowz (Milk Jugz) to help Riga with cap?

9. What are your thoughts on Seattle drafting @Alex Bridges ? 

10. What are your thoughts on SEA stealing @dasboot in the draft?

11. Thoughts on SEA FINALLY GETTING @BarzalGoat on a damn Seattle team???

12. @aksuko has been an amazing teammate and back up goalie since we signed them for free after he wasn't drafted to anybody. He finally gets his chance in net! What good words have you set to Maronen after all this time?

13. @Kyle/ Stormsson has 23 points in 15 games. Last year they finished with 34 points in 72.  What's his secret? ;) 

14. In 70 games last season, @jRuutu (Jokinen) had 15 points. In 15 gp this season, he has 15 points. How is he cheating? ;) 

15. @Xdjk93 is PLAYING HUGE for Seattle. They're not a great team but damn is he loving Seattle. ACDC included his name and a verse about him in their latest song. What was the song title? What was the verse if you remember? ;) 

16. @oilmandan is 7-4-3 on the season in the VHL for Stockholm. Will he be ready for next season? 😮 EARN TPE YO.

17. @Alex Bridges (Harry Fingers) was in a "Just for Men" commercial about dying your hair on your fingers. How much did he get paid? What color did they die their harry fingers?

18. @BarzalGoat is a pig. He always eats a shit ton of snacks on the road. How did they team fuck with him and his snacks during the off-season?

*You can use these to answer for multiple weeks. It's why I provide so many (also variety to choose from).

***SORRY FOR THE EDIT. Had to change the title of the PC to include our amazing AGM, @Beaviss :)  ***

Edited by Banackock

7 hours ago, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's S79 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S80 VHL Draft

S80 VHL Index

S80 VHLE Index

S80 VHLM Index

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears losing the finals to Malmo? Well, its in the past, lets worry about this szn and get to work.

2. What are your thoughts on Rara Rasputin leaving Seattle? Did you say anything to them before they left? Its a team move, you cant really change anything now that it has happened, have not spoken to him since his departure. @Victor

3. Thoughts on the Bears trading Isabela Campbell to Davos? Once again, a price you have to pay - I have my trust in bana to lead us to the promised land. @Banackock

4. Thoughts on Seattle trading Kasper Kankunnen @16z to Chicago? This is quite repetitive.. I guess its another step towards a rebuild.

5. Thoughts on Seattle getting @BladeMaiden in FA, the fire and ice, then bana returning her to @diamond_ace/prague I like blade, I wish we wouldve kept blade - its nothing I can control though.

6. After 12 seasons, 7 finals and 5 cups, the Bears rebuild. Thoughts on how its went so far? Well, the accolades speak for themselves.

7. What are your thoughts on Seattle bringing in @Beaviss to help with the team? Hes pretty cool - should help the team a lot.

8.  Thoughts on SEA trading for @NerdyCowz (Milk Jugz) to help Riga with cap? Good moves all around.

9. What are your thoughts on Seattle drafting @Alex Bridges ? I think I am quite the insane player!!!!

10. What are your thoughts on SEA stealing @dasboot in the draft? Hes a good guy, great player, and teammate - ill be happy to work with him on and off the ice.

11. Thoughts on SEA FINALLY GETTING @BarzalGoat on a damn Seattle team??? Yes yes, good move for seattle, hes always a great player.

12. @aksuko has been an amazing teammate and back up goalie since we signed them for free after he wasn't drafted to anybody. He finally gets his chance in net! What good words have you set to Maronen after all this time? I think hes the next up goalie and teams are foolish for not giving him a chance.

13. @Kyle/ Stormsson has 23 points in 15 games. Last year they finished with 34 points in 72.  What's his secret? ;) He's drinking G-fuel before games in the locker room.

14. In 70 games last season, @jRuutu (Jokinen) had 15 points. In 15 gp this season, he has 15 points. How is he cheating? ;) Hes drinking kool aid jammers pre-game warmies.

15. @Xdjk93 is PLAYING HUGE for Seattle. They're not a great team but damn is he loving Seattle. ACDC included his name and a verse about him in their latest song. What was the song title? What was the verse if you remember? ;) Im 15, I dont listen to that old timer stuff.

16. @oilmandan is 7-4-3 on the season in the VHL for Stockholm. Will he be ready for next season? 😮 EARN TPE YO. Hopefully he is - we need him.

17. @Alex Bridges (Harry Fingers) was in a "Just for Men" commercial about dying your hair on your fingers. How much did he get paid? What color did they die their harry fingers? Well, I was told not to disclose this information BUTTTTT, it was quite the bag - I received 100k bonus for dying their fingers blonde.

18. @BarzalGoat is a pig. He always eats a shit ton of snacks on the road. How did they team fuck with him and his snacks during the off-season? He gained a bunch of weight - I honestly think he belongs in the net.

*You can use these to answer for multiple weeks. It's why I provide so many (also variety to choose from).

Reveal hidden contents
   Hide contents

@Alex Bridges YOU MAD MAN.. I post that many so that if I don’t next week, you guys have tons to pick from.. I do like 60-100 + a season.. you’re supposed to do like 6 a week. 😂😂

hopefully you can claim those for future weeks haha

14 hours ago, Banackock said:

@Alex Bridges YOU MAD MAN.. I post that many so that if I don’t next week, you guys have tons to pick from.. I do like 60-100 + a season.. you’re supposed to do like 6 a week. 😂😂

hopefully you can claim those for future weeks haha

claiming for future weeks

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears losing the finals to Malmo? Losing isn't fun, but i'm sure we'll get right the wrongs in the future

2. What are your thoughts on Rara Rasputin leaving Seattle? Did you say anything to them before they left? Sad that he left, was my pleasure to be backup for him. I wish him all the best in the future

6. After 12 seasons, 7 finals and 5 cups, the Bears rebuild. Thoughts on how its went so far? Rebuild seems to progress well, with @Banackock at the helm we'll be competing for the cup again in no time

7. What are your thoughts on Seattle bringing in @Beaviss to help with the team?  Seems to be a great acquisition

10. What are your thoughts on SEA stealing @dasboot in the draft? He has a great potential, will be great to see him progress

13. @Kyle/ Stormsson has 23 points in 15 games. Last year they finished with 34 points in 72.  What's his secret? Don't know, but would like it if he shared it. I know i'm a goalie but would love to get some points myself

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears losing the finals to Malmo?   Damn Disappointing. Was expecting better

2. What are your thoughts on Rara Rasputin leaving Seattle? Did you say anything to them before they left? @Victor  I said goodbye and I hugged him. Pretty sad day

3. Thoughts on the Bears trading Isabela Campbell to Davos? @Banackock Fire Sale is on apparently

4. Thoughts on Seattle trading Kasper Kankunnen @16z to Chicago? See above. Everyone is leaving

5. Thoughts on Seattle getting @BladeMaiden in FA, the fire and ice, then bana returning her to @diamond_ace/prague Interesting. Abe Simpson in and out of door gif

6. After 12 seasons, 7 finals and 5 cups, the Bears rebuild. Thoughts on how its went so far? Never thought a rebuild would ever happen

6. I think we're set to rebound back quickly! After this season, we'll have a great young core to build around and eventually win championships with. Seattle will return to the top!

10. Oh thank god, dasboot has always had reliable players and I'm glad I have them as a teammate again. It'll be an honour winning alongside him and the others.

11. I never thought it would be possible to get BarzalGoat on Seattle but somehow Bana did it.

12. Aksu Maronen is insanely good and I am so glad we have him backstopping us. Seriously, getting him was an absolute steal. Solid tendy, great teammate, and just an overall calming presence. We know he has our back.

16. Definitely will be ready for next season. Em Em Flex has always been a great goalie to compete against and I can imagine that he'll be tearing up the VHL with Maronen soon! They will be the deadly duo in the crease and I am all for it. No pucks are getting past that duo.

18. Well, I have tried covering his Sour Patch Kids in salt back in Mississauga so we can probably pull that here in Seattle too. Another thing I've always wanted to try was take his Boston Cream donuts and fill them with mayo instead of the Boston Cream.

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears losing the finals to Malmo?

Not the way you want to end a great season. We came so close, but only one team is the winner. Cold game this hockey game.

2. What are your thoughts on Rara Rasputin leaving Seattle? Did you say anything to them before they left? @Victor

I did not say anything too sentimental. I promised to run him over if I ever get a chance. I play D, so those opportunities might be rare.

3. Thoughts on the Bears trading Isabela Campbell to Davos? @Banackock

Trades happen. Hopefully, Davos is not going to play against Seattle in the playoffs!

4. Thoughts on Seattle trading Kasper Kankunnen @16z to Chicago?

Same as above, trades are part of the deal. Obviously, Seattle would be better team with both in the team, but rebuild calls for tough choices.

5. Thoughts on Seattle getting @BladeMaiden in FA, the fire and ice, then bana returning her to @diamond_ace/prague

Interesting move. You don't often hear trades happening so fast after FA deal is signed.

6. After 12 seasons, 7 finals and 5 cups, the Bears rebuild. Thoughts on how its went so far?

We got some nice pieces in the team, so at least the first signs are promising! We get a better picture after the draft and after few more younger players join the organization.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:06 AM, jRuutu said:

More Q's for TPE

1. Has any players in VHLE caught your attention?

2. Do you think any of the VHLE teams could win a series against one of the VHL teams?

3.  Thoughts or comments on the start to the season for Seattle/you personally?

4. Can Seattle make the playoffs this year?

5. Should VHL jerseys have ads on them?

6. Who would win the fight - wolf or a bear?

1. Nah everyone in the VHLE is a plug

2. Not a chance, mostly made up of folded VHL franchises for a reason

3. Seattle was gonna have a rough start all along, but have got some good wins. Happy with the team performance, wish I had more hits

4. Not likely, even in a weak NA division, it's still gonna be tough

5. Yeah if it means I get more money in my bank, go for it

6. Bear and it's not even close

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S80 VHL Draft

S80 VHL Index

S80 VHLE Index

S80 VHLM Index

19. If you're Canadian, how was your thanksgiving? What food did you have?

20. How are you feeling about your players performance this season?

21. Given the circumstances, how do you feel the team is doing?

22. What team is the biggest surprise in the standings so far?

23. Trade deadline is upon us. Predict a trade that will happen!

24. What are your plans for the upcoming week?

25. It's thanksgiving, so fuck it. What's something you're thankful for right now in life? 

7. What are your thoughts on Seattle bringing in @Beaviss to help with the team?

Good addition. He is a experienced member who has plenty of knowledge about the game. He also knows a thing or two about nutrition and working out, so he can help the players a lot.

8.  Thoughts on SEA trading for @NerdyCowz (Milk Jugz) to help Riga with cap?

Shame Jugz seems to be inactive, but a extra player in the lineup is never a bad thing. More competition.

9. What are your thoughts on Seattle drafting @Alex Bridges ? 

He has eye for scoring goals, I think he will be a solid depth scorer for Seattle in few years!

10. What are your thoughts on SEA stealing @dasboot in the draft?

Physical player. Fan favorite. Good pick I'd say. He protects the star players on the ice and gets under the skin of opposite teams player. Valuable player.

11. Thoughts on SEA FINALLY GETTING @BarzalGoat on a damn Seattle team???

Sven is a talented defender.  I think he will have a great rookie year in Seattle next year.

12. @aksuko has been an amazing teammate and back up goalie since we signed them for free after he wasn't drafted to anybody. He finally gets his chance in net! What good words have you set to Maronen after all this time?

That is a cool story. Like you said, Maronen has been patient and waited for his chance, he has been great for Seattle. Being the starter all of a sudden is not a easy thing to do, but Maronen has handled the pressure well.

I had two thanksgivings this weekend. One at the in-laws and one at my moms. At my in-laws we tried a deep-fried turkey and overcooked it was not that great and my grandma made a sick turkey like always with all the fixings. 

Since its a rebuilding year we are playing great. We are filling the team up with more and more active earning players and that's all that counts during the rebuild. 

I would have to say Vancouver but they are breaking the sim engine so that makes sense how they are doing so well. 

Depth trade that we can use to acquire more picks. 

Just got the new recruitment job so getting started with that to try to fill up the next draft class.

25. It's thanksgiving, so fuck it. What's something you're thankful for right now in life? 

My wife and all my friends and family. The fact I kept my job through covid and actually made out decently is all I need to be happy. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:31 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S80 VHL Draft

S80 VHL Index

S80 VHLE Index

S80 VHLM Index

Fuck I miss Thanksgiving dinner, too hot to eat a big turkey dinner down here but

Yeah pretty happy with the performance, on the hits leaderboard which is all I wanted and been surprised by the offence

I know Bana wanted to lose so happy that way, but want to start winning more next season

Probably Vancouver because they've been bad for awhile, but clearly something has clicked there

My plans are to drink beer and play hockey

I'm thankful for good health and the world getting back to normal 

19. If you're Canadian, how was your thanksgiving? What food did you have? Ham, turkey, potatoes and a bunch of Ukrainian food

20. How are you feeling about your players performance this season? He's been ok. Not as great as last year though

21. Given the circumstances, how do you feel the team is doing? Seattle is doing a good job tanking

22. What team is the biggest surprise in the standings so far? Seattle. Never thought they could do poorly

23. Trade deadline is upon us. Predict a trade that will happen! The trade will be.... one for one

24. What are your plans for the upcoming week? working and hopefully winning the lottery

25. It's thanksgiving, so fuck it. What's something you're thankful for right now in life?  Good health

19. Thanksgiving was pretty relaxed for us. We got some Jolibee, watched some movies, and chatted with some nearby family members. Jolibee is great by the way, it's Filipino KFC but you can also get burgers, peach mango pies, and spaghetti.

20. Pretty meh. I mean, I have to expect it considering it's my rookie season but I thought I was quite lackluster considering all of the playing time and roles I got. I'm scoring goals and playing more physical as of late though, so things are looking up.

21. We're setting ourselves for success in the future which is all we really need right now. I believe this team can win now but I know in the future that we'll be back on top in no time. We have tons of young talent and a great culture so I'm looking forward to the future.

22. Toronto Legion. I'm guessing they are rebuilding like us but their team record is quite rough.

24. Get all of my school assignments done, watch hockey, cry and/or make memes about the Flames every two days, and play some street hockey or volleyball with some friends.

25. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, and the VHL community. All three have made my life and especially life during COVID so much more fun.

13. @Kyle/ Stormsson has 23 points in 15 games. Last year they finished with 34 points in 72.  What's his secret? ;) 

Good off-season and training camp! Young players can improve even in a  short period of time. It's important to have a strong off-season and I think Stormsson had one.

14. In 70 games last season, @jRuutu (Jokinen) had 15 points. In 15 gp this season, he has 15 points. How is he cheating? ;) 

Steroids. Better question would be: why is he cheating? The answer to that question is: I want to be the best. I don't have what it takes, so I need some extra help. And with some I mean: a looooooot of extra help.

15. @Xdjk93 is PLAYING HUGE for Seattle. They're not a great team but damn is he loving Seattle. ACDC included his name and a verse about him in their latest song. What was the song title? What was the verse if you remember? ;) 

T.N.T - the remix version, the lyrics went something like this:

I'm dirty, mean, and mighty accurate
I'm Viitanen
Referee enemy number one
Understand?

16. @oilmandan is 7-4-3 on the season in the VHL for Stockholm. Will he be ready for next season? 😮 EARN TPE YO.

I think so. Big role in Stockholm will help a lot when it comes down to being familiar with playing a lot of games and facing tough situations in every game.

17. @Alex Bridges (Harry Fingers) was in a "Just for Men" commercial about dying your hair on your fingers. How much did he get paid? What color did they die their harry fingers?

Blonde is the only color a man of Fingers status promotes. I'm not sure exactly how much he got paid, but I'm assuming with the free products, publicity, and the salary - the end total will be a hefty sum.

18. @BarzalGoat is a pig. He always eats a shit ton of snacks on the road. How did they team fuck with him and his snacks during the off-season?

We did not give him any. Unfortunately, he has that pig nose too, so he was able to track some snacks from the home teams locker room.

Alright season so far. I have more points than last year, that means more goals as well, so that is nice to see. I'm bit worried about the high penalty minute total, but I guess that goes with playing tough minutes and in our own zone more often.

I'm answering late, but when looking at it right now - worse than expected.  Making a deep run was highly unlikely, but I was hoping more of a fight. We are out of playoffs well before season is over. I'm not going to count how many L's are there, but I see four wins in a looooong stretch of games as of late, that is not good.

Vancouver perhaps? They had good players before the season started, but I don't think many expected them to be this good, first in the league right now. Only team with 100+ points.

Some older player from borderline playoff team to a contender. I don't know.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Same old same old, one day at a time. Hopefully, we get some proper snow next week, that would be cool to see. First snow of the new winter!

I'm alive and healthy. I'm moving forward.

Questions for fun

1. Merchandise is a great way to support the Bears. What is the weirdest item or object you have seen the Bears logo in?

2. Should VHL organize summer league for teams that are not in the playoffs?

3. Seattle took the second most penalty minutes in the league this season, fair or did the refs really want to throw Bears into the box?

4.  For you as a player, is there any benefits for not making the playoffs?

5.  Is 15 to 20 minutes between each period too long of a break ?

6. Do you follow the equipment industry to keep up with the latest innovations?

1. Once seen a video of fans doing a beer bong with the Seattle logo on it, them Bears fans know how to tailgate

2. It seems that the lottery tournament is pretty exciting, and there was a summer league running at one point, definitely keeps people engaged during offseason 

3. Yeah Bears were being aggressive and hitting everything in sight, probably fair

4. More time in offseason, but would rather be in playoffs

5. Nah need a break especially in this league playing 25-30 mins

6. Always looking for the best equipment available

Qs for TPE

1. As a Seattle Bears player, does the stereotype of bears liking honey bother you?

2.  Is it going to be a busy off-season? Do we see a lot of trades in VHL this off-season?

3.  Was it a surprise to see both finalists go 4-0 in the semi-finals?

4.  Have you watched the finals? Or did you watch the finals?

5.   What kind of training camp will we have in Seattle?

6.   If Seattle asks you to take part in the draft by being there to announce a pick or just to welcome the new players to the organization - will you take part?

1. Merchandise is a great way to support the Bears. What is the weirdest item or object you have seen the Bears logo in?  A crack pipe in downtown Seattle

2. Should VHL organize summer league for teams that are not in the playoffs? No, theres enough hockey, need a break

3. Seattle took the second most penalty minutes in the league this season, fair or did the refs really want to throw Bears into the box? They only see one team out there

4.  For you as a player, is there any benefits for not making the playoffs?  None at all. Playoffs are a part of the goal every year

5.  Is 15 to 20 minutes between each period too long of a break ? I think it's about right

6. Do you follow the equipment industry to keep up with the latest innovations? No not really

1. As a Seattle Bears player, does the stereotype of bears liking honey bother you? Not at all. Bears love honey and so do I

2.  Is it going to be a busy off-season? Do we see a lot of trades in VHL this off-season? Very busy. I bet there is a huge upheaval 

3.  Was it a surprise to see both finalists go 4-0 in the semi-finals? Ya, you'd think things would be more competitive 

4.  Have you watched the finals? Or did you watch the finals? Not at all

5.   What kind of training camp will we have in Seattle? Lots of fun. Hopefully anyhow

6.   If Seattle asks you to take part in the draft by being there to announce a pick or just to welcome the new players to the organization - will you take part? Of course! That would be so cool

1. As a Seattle Bears player, does the stereotype of bears liking honey bother you?

Not at all

2.  Is it going to be a busy off-season? Do we see a lot of trades in VHL this off-season?

Trades are always fun to see so yeah

3.  Was it a surprise to see both finalists go 4-0 in the semi-finals?

It doesn't happen that often, they really dominated there own conferences

4.  Have you watched the finals? Or did you watch the finals?

I did not watch the finals at all

5.   What kind of training camp will we have in Seattle?

Hopefully a fun one filled with rookies and veterans retiree.

6.   If Seattle asks you to take part in the draft by being there to announce a pick or just to welcome the new players to the organization - will you take part?

I would for one last time