VHL Talks #1 - boubabi [1/2]

Higgins

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, Will said:

I didn't really get the conspiracy vibe

I pretty much just mean him mentioning that I wanted to make sure he was gone no matter what and was against him no matter what. It was in passing, might have been more of a joke than anything else.

I do agree with those in here saying that this is more telling than any argument @Higgins or @gorlab could make. This sounds more like the Boubabi I knew and liked 5 years ago than it does the man I fought against so much a year and a half ago.

Sure. Seemingly we’re going to unban him. I skimmed it as I’m not wasting 1.5 hours of my day unless I have it in the background later on. I remember a time he was pretty great. He was also super fucking terrible. Like 10/10 horrible and had zero emotion or thought for consequence or other people’s well-being. Mocking myself and calling me out etc when i wasn’t doing the best in a role after explaining I had a family member in the hospital and then they passed away.  It was super fucked up. He did lots for the site, yep. And incredible amount to which I’m amazed and appreciative of. But yes, the bad can and often does overshadow a lot.

I get people change. I’m one of the bigger advocates of that. People still bring up my past despite me being a teenager/kid during that time (closer to 10 years ago..) and it literally being years and years and years since those days. I’ve even changed a lot with the VHL that I hope a lot of people notice. I may not be perfect and at times have a big mouth but that’s who I am. Open, honest and blunt and if you don’t like it, well - idk. Tough shit I guess. 

If he does return, all I can say is that I hope nothing triggers the old spats and drama or people or him going out Head hunting and play victim. It’s not super hard for someone to play super nice just to trick people either but it did mostly sound genuine. Let’s not pretend they also put a lot of time into this and it was likely planned out etc. Food for thought. Higgins obviously isn’t dumb and is also horny to see the result he desires. 

So whatever happens I guess happens. I’m sure a lot of thought will go into it. I know every time members use my past against me it truthfully still does bother me and at times hurts a bit too. 

So GL and welcome back (first). 

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Sure. Seemingly we’re going to unban him. I skimmed it as I’m not wasting 1.5 hours of my day unless I have it in the background later on. I remember a time he was pretty great. He was also super fucking terrible. Like 10/10 horrible and had zero emotion or thought for consequence or other people’s well-being. Mocking myself and calling me out etc when i wasn’t doing the best in a role after explaining I had a family member in the hospital and then they passed away.  It was super fucked up. He did lots for the site, yep. And incredible amount to which I’m amazed and appreciative of. But yes, the bad can and often does overshadow a lot.

I get people change. I’m one of the bigger advocates of that. People still bring up my past despite me being a teenager/kid during that time (closer to 10 years ago..) and it literally being years and years and years since those days. I’ve even changed a lot with the VHL that I hope a lot of people notice. I may not be perfect and at times have a big mouth but that’s who I am. Open, honest and blunt and if you don’t like it, well - idk. Tough shit I guess. 

If he does return, all I can say is that I hope nothing triggers the old spats and drama or people or him going out Head hunting and play victim. It’s not super hard for someone to play super nice just to trick people either but it did mostly sound genuine. Let’s not pretend they also put a lot of time into this and it was likely planned out etc. Food for thought. Higgins obviously isn’t dumb and is also horny to see the result he desires. 

So whatever happens I guess happens. I’m sure a lot of thought will go into it. I know every time members use my past against me it truthfully still does bother me and at times hurts a bit too. 

So GL and welcome back (first). 

Anything that could happen is still a big if at best right now, we aren't necessarily doing anything. I'd also want to talk to him personally first because I do think he was genuine here but you are right, it's very easy to have a conversation where you know how things are going to go and have it come off sounding good. I trust what I heard but I'm not jumping straight to unbanning him or anything, I want to discuss stuff first.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Anything that could happen is still a big if at best right now, we aren't necessarily doing anything. I'd also want to talk to him personally first because I do think he was genuine here but you are right, it's very easy to have a conversation where you know how things are going to go and have it come off sounding good. I trust what I heard but I'm not jumping straight to unbanning him or anything, I want to discuss stuff first.

We could let him get into discord to see if he could survive

When the hell did @Banackock turn into me from 3 years ago and I turn into Jardy? You can't skim and offer that much shade Bana. Anyway as someone who won't be listening to this, literally only because I haven't listened to a league podcast in ages, I'm going to say if you're skimming or not listening like myself, leave it be and let those trusted and influential members to who have listened the space to have their takes.

For the record, my take on aliases, bannings and drama has long since become, all that stuff is childish nonsense. I've tried to stay removed from all that since I stepped down as Commish and just focus on my league roles. That said I trust the leadership core, BoG and league core members here so if he is unbanned it'll be because those people think it's fine for the league. Ultimately if there is no forum drama interfering with us running the league, then I don't really care if he is around. Take that for what you will I guess. 

Edited by Devise

• Senior Admin
52 minutes ago, Beketov said:

For me I think the biggest factor in the success or failure of his return would be that there'd have to be a willingness from both sides to just accept the past for what it is, move on without re-hashing it and starting on a clean slate. From the league perspective, that would involve considering 16 months banned to be justice served and going forward, you know, holding him to the same standards any other member would be held to. 

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Will said:

For me I think the biggest factor in the success or failure of his return would be that there'd have to be a willingness from both sides to just accept the past for what it is, move on without re-hashing it and starting on a clean slate. From the league perspective, that would involve considering 16 months banned to be justice served and going forward, you know, holding him to the same standards any other member would be held to. 

Which seems a fair way to look at it. Especially if you consider, as he said in the podcast, that coming back from a ban but being told “we’re watching you” (more or less) ends up feeling like there’s a gun in your back so automatically your guard is more up and you’re more likely to react to any kind of provocation.

Like I said, I want to talk to him first before deciding anything. Mostly just to clear the air on a few things so that there is no potential misconceptions moving forward.

2 minutes ago, gorlab said:

I could commit irl assault and be done with my punishment in less than 16 months. 

But the punishment in that case would be restricting your freedom, while this is more akin to a restraining order, which are usually indefinite.

I don't have any strong opinions on this matter though tbh. Just if he comes back and acts like an asshole, don't be afraid to kick his ass out the door. 

2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

But the punishment in that case would be restricting your freedom, while this is more akin to a restraining order, which are usually indefinite.

I don't have any strong opinions on this matter though tbh. Just if he comes back and acts like an asshole, don't be afraid to kick his ass out the door. 

Beketov wants to discuss it first, though. Discuss what with who, I'm not really sure. 

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Beketov wants to discuss it first, though. Discuss what with who, I'm not really sure. 

Discuss the entire situation and any possibility of a return with Boubabi himself.

Review: This was really enjoyable Higgins. Good questions, good conversation, and glad you didn't cut any answers short. I'm happy the leadership here isn't rushing anything, I think this decision should be taken with care, even if it's been so long.

I personally would love to have boubabi back. I've always stayed out of league drama and stuff like that, and wasn't active during this whole situation, but boubabi is absolutely one of the most important members that has affected me.

Now make a player and keep making these!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to VHL Talks #1 - boubabi [1/2]
  • 2 weeks later...

He deserves a chance to prove (like anyone) that he can change his ways and be more positive in his interactions. That being said, he owes a ton of people explanations and apologies as some of the stuff he said wasn't leave related, but personal shots at peoples families and lives. It's a sim league and he went too far.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

He deserves a chance to prove (like anyone) that he can change his ways and be more positive in his interactions. That being said, he owes a ton of people explanations and apologies as some of the stuff he said wasn't leave related, but personal shots at peoples families and lives. It's a sim league and he went too far.

Welcome back Kendrick! Will you be recreating?