VHL Board of Governors News

Baozi

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Mike said:

I think its time we disband the board and have a dictator seize power.  Just sayin.

We tried that, his name was @Victor

31 minutes ago, Victor said:

Your mistake was not sending me to exile afterwards.

I'd argue that we already did that and your dead period was just you being sent off to Elba.

Now if you were a truly Napoleonic figure we'd have to exile you again. I'll start pushing for a permaban if you'd like.

• Admin
Just now, GustavMattias said:

I'd argue that we already did that and your dead period was just you being sent off to Elba.

Now if you were a truly Napoleonic figure we'd have to exile you again. I'll start pushing for a permaban if you'd like.

If you ban me it just becomes the Y Hockey League

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, Victor said:

If you ban me it just becomes the Y Hockey League

@tfong did give a huge donation at Christmas in the name of the Victor Hockey League so you have a point.

2 hours ago, Victor said:

You will be called upon when the time comes.

im always Standing with you boss

do we have to be former BOG to fight?

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Your mistake was not sending me to exile afterwards.

This isn't Survivor.

50 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

After the announcement that "leadership" wanted more player representation they appointed more GM's.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

To be fair a few of them are VHLM GM's, so they are still "more new" in terms of league involvement. They also have more relations with players and members that some VHL GM's would not. However we also sent an offer out to a member who will go unnamed, but was not a GM of either league. We were however turned down, which people are free to do if they do not wish to join. Not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last I'm sure. 

Either way more members will be offered in down the road after this group had adjusted and can also make input on who'd they would like to see get the opportunity. 

• Commissioner
54 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

"were trying not to hire gm's"

hires 4 gms

While I do prefer BoG members not be GM’s it’s becoming increasingly difficult. As the league expands we have more teams and therefore more GM’s. Therefore the cross section of good members for the BoG and GM’s inevitably intersect more and more.

37 minutes ago, Beketov said:

While I do prefer BoG members not be GM’s it’s becoming increasingly difficult. As the league expands we have more teams and therefore more GM’s. Therefore the cross section of good members for the BoG and GM’s inevitably intersect more and more.

will ferrell elf GIF

wait...

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Beketov said:

You know that doesn't exactly make sense right? More teams equals more GMs yes, but it also means more players and that player to GM ratio is at a minimum 11 to 1. Which if you chose someone randomly would be less than a 10% chance to pick a GM. 

1 hour ago, Acydburn said:

Which if you chose someone randomly would be less than a 10% chance to pick a GM.

So I was chosen at random? Sure makes more sense that way.