Hi Everybody!

@Members

As has been teased all off-season long, there will be a few changes to league operations, ranging from scheduling, to transactions, to point task changes, to another change that many have been asking for for quite some time. Without adding too much fluff, I’ll get right into the changes that are coming, as there are quite a few.

1.      League Divisions

As was announced with the unveiling of the expansion franchises, the league will be moving to divisions for the first time. As the league has always been wont to do, we are taking advantage of these divisions to pay homage to some of our history. In the past, we have named awards after players, and builders alike, and that trend continues with our four new divisions, named after past commissioners who have made great contributions to the league.

image.png

2.      Schedule

With 12 teams, the league is facing another first in its history, as we move towards a weighted schedule. Teams will face competition from their own conference for 42 games (minimum 8 per opponent), while playing 30 against the opposite conference (5 per opponent).

3.      Conditional Trades

Effective immediately, teams may now add conditions to trades, so long as they do not circumvent any other rules regarding player movement, including, but not limited to: Traded Draft Pick restrictions or Violating the integrity of the league.

o   Any, and all, conditions must be explicitly stated at the time a trade occurs, and agreed upon by both parties. Once a condition is agreed upon, make sure to tag a commissioner, who will add a condition tag to the thread, to be followed up on upon completion of the condition(s).

o   All conditions must convert prior to the conclusion of the following off-season.

o   Any draft pick that is part of a condition may be traded in a separate trade, so long as the receiving team understands that there are conditions attached to that pick

§  i.e. If Helsinki makes a trade with Davos, guaranteeing the higher of two 1st round picks held, then trades the other 1st round pick to Toronto. Toronto would receive the lower of the two picks, while Davos receives the higher.

o   The League Office holds the right to veto any conditional trade it feels circumvents league rules.

4.      VHLM TPE Cap

With the rise in TPE around the league the past few changes, you may have noticed that it is now more difficult for rookies to make an impact, especially if they are coming in just above the current VHLM TPE Cap. With that in mind, the Board of Governors has approved a raise of the VHLM TPE Cap from 200 TPE to 250 TPE, effective in Season 69.

5.      VHLM Achievement Tracker 

One other change the BOG has decided upon, is that Season 67 will be the final season that VHLM Players collect the Achievement Tracker. Instead, it will now be replaced with the VHLM Graduation Bonus of 20 Uncapped TPE. All players, starting with S69 Prospects, will be eligible for this bonus, as soon as they earn 251 TPE.

6.      Multi-Claim Podcasts

Something that has been brought up recently has been the legality of claiming podcasts over multiple weeks. As with Media Spots, Podcasts can run much longer than the required minimum, and there is also the possibility of having multiple members participate in a podcast. With that in mind, the BOG has created new rules regarding the length of podcasts, and for how many weeks each participant may claim them. The following chart displays how long a podcast must be to claim multiple weeks and/or claim as a group.

image.png

This means that members may now claim up to 4 weeks per podcast, while group podcasts have a set of guidelines for claims as well. Podcasts may not be claimed for more than 4 weeks. Podcasts with more than 4 people cannot be claimed by a 5th (or more) member.

7.      Re-Roll Change

While the league has always allowed position switches mid-season, re-rolls have been relegated strictly to the off-season. After much debate, the BOG has decided to allow in-season TPA re-rolls, beginning this season. The only caveat to this change is that re-rolls may not be purchased during the same season as a position switch, though purchasing both in the same off-season will still be allowed. Additionally, while it has never been allowed, a formal rule will now be put in place restricting TPA Re-Rolls between the Trade Deadline and the date of Depreciation.

8.      Lottery Changes

Yes, something many have voiced an opinion on. The league has heard your complaints, and strived to find a solution that better works for everyone, which we believe we have found. Effective immediately, the league’s lottery format will be receiving an improvement for the better. The prizes will remain the same, but the “tickets” will be seeing a drastic change.

Lottery entries will now be based on Capped TPE earned each week, which will be calculated every Tuesday, while the draw will take place Wednesday or Thursday of each week. Each Capped TPE will be worth 1 entry to the lottery, with a maximum of 12 entries per member.

The monthly draw will be calculated on the 5th of every month, taking into account each week that ended in the previous month, allowing those who missed the weekly draws a chance to take part in the monthly draw. Entries will be capped at 12 per member, per week that is in the draw (will vary from 48-60 depending on the month).

There will still be two draws, one for VHL Players, and one for VHLM Players. Should a member have two active players, playing in both leagues, they will only qualify for the VHL draw.

9.      Test Simming

Finally, we will end with another topic that has seen some hot debate, of late. As the current Update Scale has been discussed as being too light, the League has greenlit a test that will run during Season 68. Higgins will be simming, in conjunction with the VHL schedule, using a harsher scale that the league would like to test. He will be using live updates, just as the regular sim does, and converting them to the harsher scale. Depending on the success of this test, it is possible this new scale will be put into place starting in Season 69.

14 minutes ago, Quik said:

8.      Lottery Changes

Yes, something many have voiced an opinion on. The league has heard your complaints, and strived to find a solution that better works for everyone, which we believe we have found. Effective immediately, the league’s lottery format will be receiving an improvement for the better. The prizes will remain the same, but the “tickets” will be seeing a drastic change.

Lottery entries will now be based on Capped TPE earned each week, which will be calculated every Tuesday, while the draw will take place Wednesday or Thursday of each week. Each Capped TPE will be worth 1 entry to the lottery, with a maximum of 12 entries per member.

The monthly draw will be calculated on the 5th of every month, taking into account each week that ended in the previous month, allowing those who missed the weekly draws a chance to take part in the monthly draw. Entries will be capped at 12 per member, per week that is in the draw (will vary from 48-60 depending on the month).

There will still be two draws, one for VHL Players, and one for VHLM Players. Should a member have two active players, playing in both leagues, they will only qualify for the VHL draw.

Well boys, we did it. Spamming is no more.

35 minutes ago, Quik said:

5.      VHLM Achievement Tracker 

One other change the BOG has decided upon, is that Season 67 will be the final season that VHLM Players collect the Achievement Tracker. Instead, it will now be replaced with the VHLM Graduation Bonus of 20 Uncapped TPE. All players, starting with S69 Prospects, will be eligible for this bonus, as soon as they earn 251 TPE.

What about S68 send-downs? I would assume they can claim it as well once they hit 251.

So for the most part, excellent changes. Even as someone who was more in favour of crossover, I can understand the limits the sim presented and I think a decent compromise has been made.

HOWEVER...

Im really confused by the changes made to the podcasts. As someone who puts more than enough information into their 10 minute podcasts to warrant the 6 TPE, I don’t understand why the required length of a one week PT has now gone up by five minutes, especially given the more relaxed approach that has been taken to other PTs (e.g the quality required of graphics) across the league. Is there an explanation for this?

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Tagger said:

So for the most part, excellent changes. Even as someone who was more in favour of crossover, I can understand the limits the sim presented and I think a decent compromise has been made.

HOWEVER...

Im really confused by the changes made to the podcasts. As someone who puts more than enough information into their 10 minute podcasts to warrant the 6 TPE, I don’t understand why the required length of a one week PT has now gone up by five minutes, especially given the more relaxed approach that has been taken to other PTs (e.g the quality required of graphics) across the league. Is there an explanation for this?

Partly for the math (was originally 25 minute increments) and partly because 10 minutes has always seemed a tad short. For some that stay heavily on topic the whole time it may be fine but there’s nothing plenty that wander or drift between unrelated topics that end up filling what is effectively half the podcast. 15 minutes does not seem an unreasonable amount of time given how writing an MS or doing a GFX for 6 TPE would likely take at least that long.

2 hours ago, Quik said:

4.      VHLM TPE Cap

With the rise in TPE around the league the past few changes, you may have noticed that it is now more difficult for rookies to make an impact, especially if they are coming in just above the current VHLM TPE Cap. With that in mind, the Board of Governors has approved a raise of the VHLM TPE Cap from 200 TPE to 250 TPE, effective in Season 69.

RIP all that work I did to figure out how to stay under the cap. Might as well change my creation year since some members who knew this was coming will easily pass me in tpe.

8 minutes ago, DizzyWithLogic said:

RIP all that work I did to figure out how to stay under the cap. Might as well change my creation year since some members who knew this was coming will easily pass me in tpe.

This was literally just announced. Nobody knew it was coming, except for the BOG, and none of them created specifically to get around the cap, since it was brought up after the trade deadline. The cap is still 200 for this season, so nobody from your draft class knew about it until now, either.

• Commissioner
25 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

So how does playoff seeding work

Divisions have no effect on seeding aside from 1st place in division guaranteeing a playoff spot.

8 teams make the playoffs, 4 from each conference. 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3; no crossover, no byes, no wildcard.