S75 VHLM Rule Changes

Acydburn

• Commissioner

Hello, I have a few exciting rule changes to put into place for the VHLM. 

Beginning VHLM Season 75, Inactive players must be released from their respective teams. In regards to this, inactivity will be changed from 7 days if players have not updated their player to 14 days. This also extends the inactive claim for users who have updated previously to 21 days. This makes the new inactive markers 14 and 21 days respectively. A player can also be designated inactive at the discretion of the VHLM Commissioners.  Once a player has hit that number they are determined to be inactive and are required to be dropped. Failure to do so will result in a punishment at the discretion of the VHLM Commissioners. 

The prime directive of the VHLM is player engagement and retention, not to have team fillers (inactives). Every team will be provided bots to round out their rosters until they’re able to sign a waiver player or free agent. Similar to how you can not play an inactive above an active player, you can not play a bot above an active player. Bots will not increase their stats as the season goes on. To combat dropping an inactive player and them returning, free agency signings have been increased to 3. This is an effort to put more of an emphasis on retention and engagement. Free agents have the same rules as a player in regards to inactivity, with the exception they are deemed inactive at 14 days. 

Now the big news!

We had a very successful recruitment campaign last season and unfortunately we had difficulty signing all of these players to teams. As a solution to this problem is that we have developed the VHLM Juniors. These games will be simmed along side the VHLM games in the farm league within the STHS index. At the start of the season the junior league will be filled with bots and not utilized, then as the season goes on and teams become full we’ll be able to utilize this new junior league. The juniors follow the same rules as the VHLM with a few exceptions.

Rules:

1. Juniors will be enabled when at least half of the league has a max roster size (12-8-2)
  2. Teams can freely move players up and down from the VHLM Roster and the Junior Roster without risk of players being taken. The only rule to this is your VHLM Roster must not contain any bots. You are not allowed to put a bot in place of an active player on your M roster. 
  3. GMs can move an active player down to juniors (the player moving down has to consent and only when the junior league is being used.)
  4. When signing a player to waivers with the designation of going to juniors, it has to be made clear in the offer that they will be in said junior league. 
  5. When Juniors is enabled the roster sizes will move to 9-6-2, GMs have the ability to keep their team at 12-8-2 if they so choose. 
  6. Juniors have playoffs just like the VHLM teams.
  7.  No draft for juniors. They must receive players from VHLM teams

The VHLM is a development league first, and we strive to make sure that new members have room to grow and thrive in the VHL's entry level environment.

@VHLM GM @VHLM Commissioner

So we're the minors, i thought we were juniors?

So ok then all the new waiver signings can go there and get called up when an inactivity situation happens?

Team names and logos?

Edited by MattyIce

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, MattyIce said:

So we're the minors, i thought we were juniors?

So ok then all the new waiver signings can go there and get called up when an inactivity situation happens?

So we're the minors it's VHL"M", juniors is to add the capacity when needed for recruitment. So if someone on the "big" team goes IA you can call someone from juniors if there are players down there. If not there are bots that can replace them.

3 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Negative

Strange idea, but I get the goal. You are smart. I will reserve judgement until I see it in action. Potentially, over time, it can be evolved. Who knows. 

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Strange idea, but I get the goal. You are smart. I will reserve judgement until I see it in action. Potentially, over time, it can be evolved. Who knows. 

Yes, it's new and something that hasn't been done before. It's a quick response to what happened previously and can pay off if done correctly (essentially a 12 team expansion! @Beaviss). It's something that will be fluid and will need tweaking over time. 

2 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Yes, it's new and something that hasn't been done before. It's a quick response to what happened previously and can pay off if done correctly (essentially a 12 team expansion! @Beaviss). It's something that will be fluid and will need tweaking over time. 

Of course. Please don't make it 12 teams, lol. Hell, do it as 4 teams and have each division or whatever feed into 1 team. Makes it more competitive and "full". More active and lively too. 

Makes sense to me. Not really extra work since it's built in STHS farm league, just a place where people can go to get actual playing time if the rosters get filled up. Adding an extra league, even if it's only 4 teams, ends up becoming extra work for nothing if the league isn't super full. This is easily just there if you need it, not there if you don't.

I like the changes to inactive players/inactivity in the minors too!

Edited by tcookie25

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Of course. Please don't make it 12 teams, lol. Hell, do it as 4 teams and have each division or whatever feed into 1 team. Makes it more competitive and "full". More active and lively too. 

No we're not expanding lol, i'm saying this juniors allows a 12 team expansion without a 12 team expansion. 

18 minutes ago, Banackock said:

it's just using the farm league already in place in the sim

22 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

No we're not expanding lol, i'm saying this juniors allows a 12 team expansion without a 12 team expansion. 

Yes, I know. Bana was saying instead of 12, make it 4 and have each division feed their players into 1 team. Do you have a concern that once this opens up, some teams will have some players and others won't have many?

Like I said, gotta see how you guys role it out. Curious. Will need tweaking. Good luck, Acyd. You da man, man.