Theme Week Ideas

Quik

@Members

A quik peek at the Season Schedule will tell you that next week is Theme Week. If you're new and don't know what that means, it's a week where all Point Task submissions that are "on theme" qualify as a doubles week worth 6 Uncapped TPE.

Well, let's pretend that the BOG is stumped on new ideas, and we are reaching out to the general population of the VHL to assist us in coming up with something to use as theme week for this season, and future seasons, as well. The only caveat is that the theme needs to be something that can be applied to both graphics and written/podcast form.

So, VHL, what do ya got?

Well, everyone has been super stressed and anxious because of COVID-19. Most of all, people haven't been able to really take much needed time off and enjoy a vacation. So, what if we did like a cruise or Hawaiian vacation theme? Could make for some interesting media spots and graphics!

how about quiet leaders? Like people who are doing well in one category or another that maybe are doing really well there, but not in points. Because usually everyone talks about goal leaders or point leaders but maybe not blocked shot or +/- leaders

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

Since a new member had come in talking about expansion and his ideas on team names why don’t we all write our own proposal for a new team city and name and why that should be a destination considered for any future expansions.

Edited by Ricer13

3 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

Since a new member had come in talking about expansion and his ideas on team names why don’t we all write our on proposal for a new team city and name and why that should be a destination considered for any future expansions.

or proposals. I throw my full support behind this one. logos might be tricky though. if anyone has logo software please tell me

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

18 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

Since a new member had come in talking about expansion and his ideas on team names why don’t we all write our own proposal for a new team city and name and why that should be a destination considered for any future expansions.

tbf this has been done a couple times I believe

15 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

Had to dig through the archives for this one, but I got at least 3 decent name ideas in there

3 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Had to dig through the archives for this one, but I got at least 3 decent name ideas in there

I think people could get really creative with this. Even graphics could be made for this theme as well. Also would be a useful tool for the commissioners who may need expansion ideas in the future!

Maybe a focus on backstories, primarily focusing on country/city/town? I'm sure that people can make some pretty hilarious and awesome stories based on their player's hometown, definitely for those ones in crazy destinations like Antarctica or if you made a player from your own personal hometown you can write a bit more in-depth and reference actual monuments/stores/restaurants/etc.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

@Members

A quik peek at the Season Schedule will tell you that next week is Theme Week. If you're new and don't know what that means, it's a week where all Point Task submissions that are "on theme" qualify as a doubles week worth 6 Uncapped TPE.

Well, let's pretend that the BOG is stumped on new ideas, and we are reaching out to the general population of the VHL to assist us in coming up with something to use as theme week for this season, and future seasons, as well. The only caveat is that the theme needs to be something that can be applied to both graphics and written/podcast form.

So, VHL, what do ya got?

Movie night in the V

2 hours ago, GreenGato said:

GM/AGM Appreciation Week. We spend a lot time writing and creating graphics about the players but management rarely gets much love. 

They don't deserve it.

Source: me