Houston Times: Trouble in Houston?

Alright, I think it's fair for me to put my two cents in this.
1. Have I been far less active in the Houston LR? Yes I have, but that's due to increasingly more pressing matters on the IRL side of things and I truly enjoyed being the Houston AGM.
2. Why haven't I spoken about this sooner? Privately to RJ I have in fact. I feel awful that I have egregiously slipped on my duties as AGM, which for the better of the team, is why I chose to step down as it wasn't fair for the players and management that my inactivity was causing issues.

To be honest, my activity all around has been slipping as of the last few weeks, I've had talks with multiple people about how to combat this as I truly love this league and I want to make sure that love stays. I think for awhile I will focus on being Hex Rose: THE PLAYER, instead of Hex Rose: THE MANAGER.

To Rico and all current members of Bulls, I am sorry for any and all inconveniences I have caused in my absence.
But at the same time, I will not accept being belittled, nor will I accept RJ being belittled as well.

1 minute ago, Hex Universe said:

Alright, I think it's fair for me to put my two cents in this.
1. Have I been far less active in the Houston LR? Yes I have, but that's due to increasingly more pressing matters on the IRL side of things and I truly enjoyed being the Houston AGM.
2. Why haven't I spoken about this sooner? Privately to RJ I have in fact. I feel awful that I have egregiously slipped on my duties as AGM, which for the better of the team, is why I chose to step down as it wasn't fair for the players and management that my inactivity was causing issues.

To be honest, my activity all around has been slipping as of the last few weeks, I've had talks with multiple people about how to combat this as I truly love this league and I want to make sure that love stays. I think for awhile I will focus on being Hex Rose: THE PLAYER, instead of Hex Rose: THE MANAGER.

To Rico and all current members of Bulls, I am sorry for any and all inconveniences I have caused in my absence.
But at the same time, I will not accept being belittled, nor will I accept RJ being belittled as well.

I’m pretty sure that AGM is in the first place a learning role. Yes there can be things your GM ask you to do for sure but I don’t think you were doing anything wrong. 

Is...is Rico's media spot really taken this harshly. I took it as a bit of roleplay on top of a trade request, which honestly if a player wants a trade request it's their career and although I'd talk with them to make sure, it's what they want.

I like RJ and Hex, but I don't really see any sort of insults being thrown besides that the Locker Room is inactive, so to see this exploding and people (including GMs) shitting on Rico for this is honestly kinda insane to see and @Sonnetreally broke it down best. Rico is a new member trying to make a name for himself, have fun with the league, and doesn't feel comfortable in Houston. If he wants out, so be it. Don't shit on the poor guy for it 😕

Also @Hex Universe, if you yourself say you've been inactive for awhile now and the media spot was only written recently wouldn't Rico have some truth behind his words? Not sure why you're having an issue with this lol

5 minutes ago, Juice said:

Is...is Rico's media spot really taken this harshly. I took it as a bit of roleplay on top of a trade request, which honestly if a player wants a trade request it's their career and although I'd talk with them to make sure, it's what they want.

Absolutely. I once had a player who would bash me every single week in our press conferences. I'm talking stuff a hundred times more insulting than anything written here. I reached out to said player in private, found out that it was a roleplay thing, and didn't have a problem with it going forward.

Even if this is a legitimate trade request there's no reason why everyone should have jumped down a newer member's throat over an article that...really wasn't all that bad.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

ftfy

smh my head

I'd ask why I can't get half the community backing me up but I'd be setting myself up for another roast.

So we can say anything about anyone in public without warning if its rp? I don’t think Rico is necessarily a bad person for doing that, don’t get me wrong but stop acting like the VHL is a new school about how to act in public. Yes he is new to VHL but I’m sure he is not new to life in community. 

I do agree that some people went too far and Rico got some disrespect by some people in this thread but that doesn’t make him innocent.

Maybe he didn’t mean it, maybe he did. But in the end, 2 names were pointed out and I don’t think pointing names in public is something we should see on the forum, rp or not. Thats just wrong.

Edited by Domg5

1 minute ago, Domg5 said:

So we can say anything about anyone in public without warning if its rp? I don’t think Rico is necessarily a bad person for doing that, don’t get me wrong but stop acting like the VHL is a new school about how to act in public. Yes he is new to VHL but I’m sure he is not new to life in community. 

I do agree that some people went too far and Rico got some disrespect by some people in this thread but that doesn’t make him innocent.

Maybe he didn’t mean it, maybe he did. But in the end, 2 names were pointed out and I don’t think pointing names in public is something we should see on the forum, rp or not. Thats just wrong.

I mean, I don't see really anything wrong with what he said besides that it's inactive in the locker-room and he hasn't spoken to Hex (who just stepped down due to his inactivity over the past few weeks+) and RJ. I've seen far worse things said outside of RP here lol.

2 minutes ago, Juice said:

I mean, I don't see really anything wrong with what he said besides that it's inactive in the locker-room and he hasn't spoken to Hex (who just stepped down due to his inactivity over the past few weeks+) and RJ. I've seen far worse things said outside of RP here lol.

I mean, seing worse doesn’t make this right. 

1 hour ago, Domg5 said:

Frankly......who cares? Folks have written in PC's that they don't ever want to play for Vegas because they didn't get ice time when we had a full roster. Those don't turn into full blown arguments or complaining, it's just their opinion which they're entitled to. I'm sure folks will always take issue with something that someone else does. Up to you whether you want to take it personally and make a full case out of it or focus on the people who want to be on the team and/or have enjoyed their time on the team. 

If we're simply shutting down all public discourse, you're not going to see different opinions or any tolerance for simple disagreements. We're already shifting into that mentality with recent threads being locked because people had conflicting thoughts or feelings, and now it's a meme that if a thread gets past a page, it's ripe to be locked. People need to start being able to handle some conflict and deal with it, call in the mods if you're literally getting bullied or something. 

Edited by Spartan

3 hours ago, dart said:

Excuse me lol? No fucking shit it was

Based on this response I was misconstrued in what you said. From what I was reading you were saying IR had to cheat or underhandedly get his GM spot when that's not the case at all. So if I was wrong then I do apologize but if not I won't stand for the slander.

3 hours ago, Sonnet said:

You're ganging up with your nice, cushy green names on a new member who didn't even make that spicy of a post? Going on about "hashing things out privately" while ironically keeping everything in this thread and doing absolutely nothing to de-escalate or handle things with any sort of grace?

Fuck outta here with this, you guys are supposed to be the heads of player development in this league. You should all know better.

Fuck you quoting me for Mr. White Knight? I was actually just trying to be polite and saying we stand with RJ and who he is. I didn't say fuck all about the OG post. All I said was we as a group aren't fighting and we stand beside our fellow GM. You could've picked anyone who actually commented on his post but you decide mine was the one? Fuck outa here with that shit

20 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Based on this response I was misconstrued in what you said. From what I was reading you were saying IR had to cheat or underhandedly get his GM spot when that's not the case at all. So if I was wrong then I do apologize but if not I won't stand for the slander.

Makes sense that the onion would have layers. You kill the first knight and the next one just comes right back out. Leave me alone and stick to kissing up to 'IR'.

Well, hex has stepped down, so this should be done and over with.

Wether its RP or not, deal with things behind closed doors or turd flinging monkeys start throwing more than shade.

RJ is a good teacher.  Hex had plenty of enthusiasm when he replaced me as Houston AGM.  Shit changes so deal with that.

I love RJ, I love Hex, and I love this. Hockey players are so damn boring. Get pucks deep, roll four lines, be hard to play against, yawn. I don't want to see anyone get fired or pressured out of a job, but Hex recognized himself he wasn't doing the job he wanted to do and needed to step down. I know how hard that is, I went through the exact same process in Miami. Ideally, this will lead to some change for the better. GMs are taking note of what powerful first gens are looking for in a team. RJ specifically knows what he needs in an AGM now, someone hyper active. Every manager has different strengths and areas for improvement. RJ's a big, big brain, but not so much of the mouth, from the sounds of it. No worries at all - get a good AGM who can fill your holes. Hex did that job very well for a time, and is the first one to say he's been underperforming. Maybe this was the wakeup call everyone needed. Personally I would've softened the language a bit, but I'm overly diplomatic. You do you Rico, see you in DC next year!

Thanks mods for teaching us where the line is, and letting everyone win with Price is Right rules: get as close to the line as possible without going over.

15 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

As a GM who has had this happen to him twice... yeah...twice, these types of posts never cease to blow my mind. I've truly never, ever understood exactly why people feel like posting something like this is their first resort when being unhappy with a situation or just to rant in general. This doesn't dismiss your feelings, btw, it's just the way that it's been handled that I really don't love, at all, and it really makes being a GM super frustrating sometimes when it is handled like this. 

How exactly am I speaking about? Well... going behind your GM's back, not even making an attempt to reach out to said GM and then putting them, their AGM and their whole franchise on blast for what, what really does this achieve. I would absolutely understand if you had talked to RJ, and talked to Hex, and maybe vented your frustrations in private, asked for a trade, etc. But to just put someone, in fact MULTIPLE people on blast without any private talks... is kinda shady. 

And the reason I even bothered to type this out is because of the first point I mentioned about this having happened to me TWICE, but also because I don't want this to become a casual thing or become accepted behavior. It's hard enough being in the limelight all the time as a GM, and honestly no one deserves to be put on public blast UNLESS all private options have been exhausted and you are left with no choice. 

I also feel like this shouldn't be happening to two of the best members on this site. RJ and I go way, way back, and have extensive history with one another and I have NOTHING but good things to say about RJ. RJ has been through a roller-coaster ride, and finally had some time off, and then comes back to THIS? Like c'mon... and now poor Hex gets dragged through the mud too? I am not too sure if that is why he stepped down or just the timing but either way... just ridiculous for another amazing member to have his name dragged. 

Truthfully, I hope you understand how disrespectful this article is. I'm just being blunt here, no BS, not trying to be fake or anything, this kind of behavior truthfully... isn't cool. 

#Bye. 

@InstantRockstar did you reach out to rico before posting this? Because...

As a VHL member who has seen this happen multiple times... yeah...multiple times, these types of posts never cease to blow my mind. I've truly never, ever understood exactly why people feel like posting something like this is their first resort when being unhappy with a situation or just to rant in general. This doesn't dismiss your feelings , btw, it's just the way that it's been handled that I really don't love, at all, and it really makes being a VHL member super frustrating sometimes when it is handled like this. 

How exactly am I speaking about? Well... going behind OP's back, not even making an attempt to reach out to said OP and then putting them, on blast for what, what really does this achieve. I would absolutely understand if you had talked to OP, and maybe vented your frustrations in private,. But to just put someone on blast without any private talks... is kinda shady. 

And the reason I even bothered to type this out is because of the first point I mentioned about this having happened to see this multiple times, but also because I don't want this to become a casual thing or become accepted behavior. It's hard enough being in the limelight all the time as a VHL member, and honestly no one deserves to be put on public blast UNLESS all private options have been exhausted and you are left with no choice. 

I also feel like this shouldn't be happening to one of our members on the site Rico. Rico made this post and has to come back to THIS? Like c'mon... ... just ridiculous for another amazing member to have his name dragged. 

Truthfully, I hope you understand how disrespectful your reply was. I'm just being blunt here, no BS, not trying to be fake or anything, this kind of behavior truthfully... isn't cool. 

#Bye. 

6 minutes ago, Garsh said:

@InstantRockstar did you reach out to rico before posting this? Because...

As a VHL member who has seen this happen multiple times... yeah...multiple times, these types of posts never cease to blow my mind. I've truly never, ever understood exactly why people feel like posting something like this is their first resort when being unhappy with a situation or just to rant in general. This doesn't dismiss your feelings , btw, it's just the way that it's been handled that I really don't love, at all, and it really makes being a VHL member super frustrating sometimes when it is handled like this. 

How exactly am I speaking about? Well... going behind OP's back, not even making an attempt to reach out to said OP and then putting them, on blast for what, what really does this achieve. I would absolutely understand if you had talked to OP, and maybe vented your frustrations in private,. But to just put someone on blast without any private talks... is kinda shady. 

And the reason I even bothered to type this out is because of the first point I mentioned about this having happened to see this multiple times, but also because I don't want this to become a casual thing or become accepted behavior. It's hard enough being in the limelight all the time as a VHL member, and honestly no one deserves to be put on public blast UNLESS all private options have been exhausted and you are left with no choice. 

I also feel like this shouldn't be happening to one of our members on the site Rico. Rico made this post and has to come back to THIS? Like c'mon... ... just ridiculous for another amazing member to have his name dragged. 

Truthfully, I hope you understand how disrespectful your reply was. I'm just being blunt here, no BS, not trying to be fake or anything, this kind of behavior truthfully... isn't cool. 

#Bye. 

you're funny. 

Thanks for the giggle my friend. 

:)

I don't understand why everyone made such a big deal about this trade request article, like if @RicoTheTrapGodwas to just request a trade from within no changes would have been made to there management and the locker room would just continue to be a wasteland with no activity at least now there's gonna be a change in management and it could improve the locker room situation and it's not like public trade requests have never happened in the real nhl. I'm not in the Houston locker room or even in a mangement position but from what i've read, it seems like this post has got the ball rolling to hopefully increasing activity in the locker room.

18 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

So you've talked to RJ and Hex or? So you know that RJ was on vacation for a week, comes back to this, WITHOUT any warnings or triggers that this player is disgruntled at all? Do you find that fair as a GM at all, that we're not able to try to resolve this privately, without the need to blast literally the WHOLE fuckin' franchise for what? Five minutes of spotlight or? I see no reason why this all couldn't have been said in private, and we know, by TALKING to RJ, that it wasn't done in private, at all. 

Funny people condone this type of behavior but I'm not too shocked at who is condoning it LOL. 

It also wasn't fair to the GM who drafted you, Mikhail Vega in S61 and instantly going inactive after multiple conversations promising you were to be a trusted active.

But it's just a sim league, so I didn't really care. Just like an article like this written by a player shouldn't be taken so seriously, IMO. It's a spicy storyline for his player to have that you don't see happen a lot. Upon first read, I didn't take this article as a big bashfest at all, but just as some sim league story controversy.