Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. Despite our record, everyone has been contributing this season. Who will be the next Legion player to get their first goal of the season: Harry Hagel @jasplunds or Dens Oden @Snussu?

2. Captain Kyle Peace @Peace needs only 9 goals to pass Matty Fire for 6th on the Toronto all-time list and 26 to pass Bo Boeser for 5th. He has 6 right now. How many will he end up with at season's end?

3. The S87 Legion jersey numbers were announced earlier. If you could own any hockey jersey, which one would it be?

4. Veteran defenseman Cadmael Ixazaluoh @Vice is the only Legion player with a fight so far. Who do you think will be the next player to drop the gloves? 

5. Who is your favorite player right now in the NHL?

6. Star Wars or Star Trek?

Have a fantastic day!

22 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. Despite our record, everyone has been contributing this season. Who will be the next Legion player to get their first goal of the season: Harry Hagel @jasplunds or Dens Oden @Snussu?

2. Captain Kyle Peace @Peace needs only 9 goals to pass Matty Fire for 6th on the Toronto all-time list and 26 to pass Bo Boeser for 5th. He has 6 right now. How many will he end up with at season's end?

3. The S87 Legion jersey numbers were announced earlier. If you could own any hockey jersey, which one would it be?

4. Veteran defenseman Cadmael Ixazaluoh @Vice is the only Legion player with a fight so far. Who do you think will be the next player to drop the gloves? 

5. Who is your favorite player right now in the NHL?

6. Star Wars or Star Trek?

Have a fantastic day!

1. I think it will be Dens because it's snussu. Dens is sned backwards. Good reasons. 

2. He will end up with 4. He only knows how to be PEACEful on the ice. Not a mean goal-scorer. 

3. I would not touch a jersey other than the best team... TORONTO LEGION (just kidding) --> Mexico city kings are best

4. Hasbulla is ready to kill. He will drop the glove. He will attack. He will protec.

5. There is only one real answer: EP40. 

6. Star wars and it's not even close. Star trek is so meh. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. The VHL Trade Deadline is approaching. What should the Legion do?

2. Which any three VHL players would you select to start a shootout?

3. You just scored in overtime! What is your celly move?

4. It's movie night with the team. What film are you suggesting?

5. You're settling in to watch your favorite TV show/sporting event. What are you watching and what are you snacking on?

6. Who were you cheering for in the Super Bowl? Who is you favorite player on that team?

• 2 weeks later...

1. With five games left in the regular season, how will we do in these last five contests?

2. Mac Atlas @v.2  is currently 5th in VHL rookie scoring with 46 points. In what place will he finish in the rookie scoring race? 

3. Babushka @BrutalBoost, Ryan @freezyeh and CDS Leb @CDS_Leb all sit at 8 goals. Who is most likely to reach double-digits by season's end?

4. How would you design a potential third jersey for the Toronto Legion (pattern, colors, logo, etc.)?

5. What's one deal you would want your favorite NHL team to make by the Trade Deadline?

6. If money and era were no object what would be your dream car to drive?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Depending on the results of the Lottery Tournament, Toronto should have a Top-3 pick in the S88 Entry Draft. What position should we draft or should we trade the pick?

2. Quinn Clark @axtron led all rookies with 10 power play goals which also led the Legion. Who will lead the team in power play goals next season

3. Do you think Toronto has a realistic shot at making the playoffs in S88?

4. What should management's primary goal be as we continue to rebuild this off-season?

5. What is your go-to shootout move?

6. What's your all-time favorite board game?

34 minutes ago, animal74 said:

1. Depending on the results of the Lottery Tournament, Toronto should have a Top-3 pick in the S88 Entry Draft. What position should we draft or should we trade the pick?

2. Quinn Clark @axtron led all rookies with 10 power play goals which also led the Legion. Who will lead the team in power play goals next season

3. Do you think Toronto has a realistic shot at making the playoffs in S88?

4. What should management's primary goal be as we continue to rebuild this off-season?

5. What is your go-to shootout move?

6. What's your all-time favorite board game?

1. Def keep the pick and grab a Dman!  A franchise D is necessary for our core going forward.

2. Jaks, Atlas, or Peace!

3. It's a toss up... It really depends on how the off-season goes but I think a wildcard spot isn't out of reach.

4. Round out the roster and bring in solid players and personalities that will help shape a solid competitive core moving forward.

5. I usually try and emulate what Trevor Zegras does.

6. TROUBLE

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

1. What is a memory you have from being drafted?
2. What are your thoughts about fighting in hockey?
3. Which stat would you like to improve most next season?
4. Former Toronto goalie Oskar Lindbergh just won the Continental Cup with Calgary. What do you think he'll do with his day with the Cup?
5. What would you do with your day with Cup?
6. What do you do to honor St. Patrick's Day?

1. What is a memory you have from being drafted?

I try to neutralize the trauma from being drafted by rebuilding teams, by wiping my memory every time I'm selected. Sorry.

2. What are your thoughts about fighting in hockey?

People seem entertained by it, but if I want blood spilled, I'll go watch UFC or something.

3. Which stat would you like to improve most next season?

All of them! Seriously.

4. Former Toronto goalie Oskar Lindbergh just won the Continental Cup with Calgary. What do you think he'll do with his day with the Cup?

I have no idea, but knowing him, it will need repairing when it comes time to hand it back.

5. What would you do with your day with Cup?

I doubt I'll win another one, so I'll let you know if a VHL miracle happens, and what I'll do then.

6. What do you do to honor St. Patrick's Day?

Drink a bottle of Bushmills, pass out and wake up around midday the following day, remembering why I hate the Irish.

1. Yoga training in the off-season. Yes or no and why?
2. What would you like to see added or changed to the TP earning point tasks structure?
3. Which VHL/E/M logo is your favorite?
4. Early prediction: Who will lead the Legion in scoring next season?
5. Gaming question: You and your posse are going on a dungeon raid. What is your melee weapon of choice?
6. You're going on a zoo trip. Which animal is your first stop?

1. How many goals are you expecting from yourself in S88?
2. Who is one of your favorite players on another team?
3. Which player do you hate to play against the most?
4. Joel Castle is redesigning his mask - what are your suggestions for him?
5. We added McDonalds BigMac and BK Whopper in the draft. What is your favorite fast food burger?
6. Today is Eiffel Tower Day. Have you ever been? If yes, how was your experience. If no, do you plan on going?

Edited by animal74

6 hours ago, animal74 said:

5. We added McDonalds BigMac and BK Whopper in the draft. What is your favorite fast food burger?
6. Today is Eiffel Tower Day. Have you ever been? If yes, how was your experience. If no, do you plan on going?

1. Well I'm a goalie so hopefully 1 probably 0

2. Reese McFleury I love that guy 

3. Reese McFleury I hate that guy

4. Probably should have a castle in it somewhere, Maybe like a castle with a dragon spraying fire down the mask

5. The CBO (Chicken Bacon Onion) from McDonalds came out 5 years ago for a limited time then disappeared never to return and I've never gotten over it

6. No and no

On 3/31/2023 at 1:28 PM, animal74 said:

1. Twenty would be my stretch goal, no pun intended, but more realistically at least 10

2. Henry Tucker Jr! Hope I get to score on him sometime soon. We came up together.

3. Nikolas Kauppi. I brought him into the league, and the guy tries to hit me constantly. Can you believe that?!

4. The Toronto Skyline as a castle. The CN Tower would make a great Turret. ( I think that is what they are called)

5. The Jr Chicken. It's got the tinnnnnny bit of kick that is nice. I tried the Big Mac Chicken and was not impressed.

6. I have never been and I don't really plan on going. Traveling is too damn expensive!

On 3/31/2023 at 12:28 PM, animal74 said:

1. I hopefully get more than 20
2. Mark Calaway

3. Jacob Stone

4. Do what he likes best. Or make it for Hockey Fights Cancer

5. Arbys has the best burgers

6. Nope, I live in US so idk if I could even do that!

1. S88 has begun! What do you think will be biggest stat difference for the team this season (Wins, GF, GA, etc.)?

2. We were shutout in our first game. Who will score the Legion's first goal of S88?

3. What are your thoughts on the roster changes this year?

4. What advice would you give to the new prospects we recently drafted?

5. What will be the biggest change in your game this season?

6. What is your favorite Easter-themed candy?

Edited by animal74

On 4/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, animal74 said:

1. S88 has begun! What do you think will be biggest stat difference for the team this season (Wins, GF, GA, etc.)?

2. We were shutout in our first game. Who will score the Legion's first goal of S88?

1.Tbh I haven’t been paying attention to the VHL at all since like S82 so I have no idea but let’s say Toronto will win every single game from now there wins will be the biggest stat change.

2.I’d bet anything that it will be Dens Odin against the Chicago Phoenix in the first period at exactly 5:21 on the powerplay

3. Didn’t pay attention to that at all, but resigning that prospect Ross Glagau is huge so based off that Moon did a spectacular job

4. Earn TPE, Apply TPE, get good, win cup. easy as that.

5. Hoping to improve my style control, I didn’t realize how important it was so improving on that aspect of my game would be huge.

6. Gotta go with the classic chocolate egg, it’s delicious and you get a lot of them.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, animal74 said:

1. Wins will definitely be going up!

2. BK WHOPPER BABY!

3. I think there has been a lot of moves, but it is getting the team better slowly!

4. I would say make time out of your day for this and DO ALL PRESS CONFERENCES!

5. My ability to deke will change alot.

6. Reeses Cups hands down! 

1. Through 14 games, we have a record of 5-9-0 but with four one-goal losses and only a -10 goal differential. What do you attribute our ability to keep more games close to?

2. Kyle Peace is now 5th among all-time Legion goal-scorers. He needs 9 for 4th and 28 fo 3rd. How high will he end up on this list?

3. Who are your three choices to start our next shootout?

4. It's early but we are only three points out of a play-in spot. Can we make it to the post-season?

5. Rookie Alex Bridges III has yet to score his first VHL goal. Predict which game he'll score it in and how.

6. NHL playoff teams are set (with some seeding yet to solidify). Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup?

2 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. Through 14 games, we have a record of 5-9-0 but with four one-goal losses and only a -10 goal differential. What do you attribute our ability to keep more games close to?

2. Kyle Peace is now 5th among all-time Legion goal-scorers. He needs 9 for 4th and 28 fo 3rd. How high will he end up on this list?

3. Who are your three choices to start our next shootout?

4. It's early but we are only three points out of a play-in spot. Can we make it to the post-season?

5. Rookie Alex Bridges III has yet to score his first VHL goal. Predict which game he'll score it in and how.

6. NHL playoff teams are set (with some seeding yet to solidify). Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup?

1. I think my shot and deking is deadly to any one who plays me!

2. I think he will get the number 2 spot at the end of his Career

3. #1 Mac Atlas #2 Dens Oden #3 CDS Leb

4. I think we will make it!

5. Game 39 it will go off his foot!

6. Boston Bruins

• 2 weeks later...

1. Legion legend Kyle Peace @Peace has been traded to the Vancouver Wolves. What parting words do you have for him?

2. Are you happy with your progress so far this season? What stat to you hope to improve the most?

3. We're just over halfway through the season and we have 14 wins in 42 games. How many wins will we end up with?

4. Who is your pick for team MVP at this point in the season?

5. Rookie Jimi Jaks @kelvi is among the Top-10 in rookie scoring with 19 points. Can he crack the Top-5 by the end of the season?

6. Who is the biggest surprise player in the NHL playoffs?

Edited by animal74

1. Legion legend Kyle Peace @Peace has been traded to the Vancouver Wolves. What parting words do you have for him?

A great all around guy that will be remembered forever in Toronto. It won't be the same without him here and we wish him the best in Vancouver. 

2. Are you happy with your progress so far this season? What stat to you hope to improve the most?

I was hoping to be much higher in the rookie rankings, but hoping that my second half can help me achieve that. 

3. We're just over halfway through the season and we have 14 wins in 42 games. How many wins will we end up with?

I would say we can get to 30 wins. The team is starting to click a bit better. Hoping to have a solid finish to the season before the offseason.

I've been loving the way Clark plays defense. He's always sacrificing the body to make plays and jumping infront of every shot. 

5. Rookie Jimi Jaks @kelvi is among the Top-10 in rookie scoring with 19 points. Can he crack the Top-5 by the end of the season?

I certainly hope so - going to keep working on my game!

It's currently Game 7 FLA and BOS, so before its over I'm going to say FLA. 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:40 PM, animal74 said:

1. Legion legend Kyle Peace @Peace has been traded to the Vancouver Wolves. What parting words do you have for him?

5. Rookie Jimi Jaks @kelvi is among the Top-10 in rookie scoring with 19 points. Can he crack the Top-5 by the end of the season?

1. I don't really know Peace, but I wish him the best of luck in Vancouver and maybe even win a Cup with the Wolves.

2. I am really happy with my offensive play this season, but I really wish to improve my game in our own zone.

3. I hope maybe 30.

4. Mac Atlas and Joel Castle are both doing really well.

5. He is already in the top 5, but I believe in can crack the top 3 if he continues playing like he does.

6. Roope Hintz, because he is not a player that everyone knows, but he is currently leading the league in points with 12 in 6 games.

On 4/26/2023 at 9:40 PM, animal74 said:

1. Hey there Kyle Peace, I just want to say enjoy the wildcard! At least you get to make it to the post-season though.

2. I wish my player could be better, but I'm on a new team so it's not the end of the world. If I can be point-per-game at end of season I'm happy.

3. I'm going to say 22 wins.

4. My pick for Team MVP has to go to @Moon for tanking another season.

5. If @Moon give more TOI then I think so.

6. The biggest surprise player has to be Leon Draisatl. I think he's an absolute beast in the playoffs right now.