HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

Time for the week ending 3/8 (I think, anyway--I'm too lazy to check)...

1. Another year, another last-place finish. What do we do to come out of the bottom of the league?

2. @Anthony Matthews will come up with a super salty answer to this one. Respond to this by trying to out-salt him.

3. The last individual award won by a Davos player came in S68, when Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen won the Labatte and Finn Davison took home both the Clegane and the Shaw. Who's the next Davos player to win an individual award, and what do they win?

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys?

5. @Proto needs to be punished for insubordination. What do I do to him? Get creative.

6. Let's say the league were to bring back the old VHLM affiliate system--they won't, and we'd all hate it, but let's say they do. Which VHLM team should we pick as our affiliate, and why?

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. Another year, another last-place finish. What do we do to come out of the bottom of the league?

Draft the right players, sign good FA's, bring in people who are committed.

2. @Anthony Matthews will come up with a super salty answer to this one. Respond to this by trying to out-salt him.

It is nigh impossible to out-salt the saltiest man on VHL. Everytime he orders something, he asks for extra salt. Then he adds his own salt. Some special flavor salt I heard.

3. The last individual award won by a Davos player came in S68, when Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen won the Labatte and Finn Davison took home both the Clegane and the Shaw. Who's the next Davos player to win an individual award, and what do they win?

I reckon our GM can win an award, depending on how his tenure goes. Or if Samuel continues to get better, he can win awards.

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys?

That's not a question for me. I can't imagine not playing for Davos. :dav:

5. @Proto needs to be punished for insubordination. What do I do to him? Get creative.

Give him more freedom. It would be a total surprise and he definitely doesn't expect it! He would not know what to do, he'd be lost.

6. Let's say the league were to bring back the old VHLM affiliate system--they won't, and we'd all hate it, but let's say they do. Which VHLM team should we pick as our affiliate, and why?

Las Vegas Aces? Las Vegas is a... pretty dope city.

1. Another year, another last-place finish. What do we do to come out of the bottom of the league? I' m not sure the solution really.

2.  will come up with a super salty answer to this one. Respond to this by trying to out-salt him. I'm not very salty so Im just going to be me.

3. The last individual award won by a Davos player came in S68, when Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen won the Labatte and Finn Davison took home both the Clegane and the Shaw. Who's the next Davos player to win an individual award, and what do they win? I believe John Madden will get next trophy.

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys? Just be positive and offer help in what type of player they want to build and things they can do to make their player better.

5.  needs to be punished for insubordination. What do I do to him? Get creative. That's on you, but you can make him run laps around the track until he shits himself I guess..lol 

6. Let's say the league were to bring back the old VHLM affiliate system--they won't, and we'd all hate it, but let's say they do. Which VHLM team should we pick as our affiliate, and why? I have no idea of who the old affiliates even were. I would pick the best looking logo. 

We have a lot of young players.  We just have to keep building with the right guys

2. @Anthony Matthews will come up with a super salty answer to this one. Respond to this by trying to out-salt him.

Maybe if his IQ was half of what his shooting percentage was, he wouldn't be so salty.  Just sayin'

I did lead the league in losses, that's something right?

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys?

A good locker room, lots of playing time

5. @Proto needs to be punished for insubordination. What do I do to him? Get creative.

Make him sing showtunes while wearing only a speedo and feather boa

Ottawa, because I loved playing for them.

@GustavMattias you mess with the bull you get the horns :)

On 3/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, Brrbisbrr said:

Maybe if his IQ was half of what his shooting percentage was, he wouldn't be so salty.  Just sayin'

Brillant!

Lets comment on something that isn't the players strong suit.

This is what is wrong with the team.  A bunch of hockey players acting like children instead if being men and playing the game the way it should be played.  Doing what you need to put more pucks in their net then they do to yours.

For the week ending 3/15!

1. The Grand Poobah has decided what we're doing with the 2nd overall pick. Any guesses?

2. What's your opinion of season 1 of the Gustav era? BE HONEST and don't sugarcoat any negatives.

3. We'll be losing @Tbeez99 in free agency. I know where he's going, but do you have any guesses or speculations?

4. Are you close with any players in the S71 draft class? If so, who?

5. The team goes on a mission to track down any inactive member and bring them back. Who do we go for?

6. With @FrostBeard moving up to take over Malmo, the Houston GM job is opening up. Do you have any interest in applying for the position, and if you don't, do you know of anyone who would have a good shot at it if they applied?

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. The Grand Poobah has decided what we're doing with the 2nd overall pick. Any guesses?

Drafting a player. Genius, I know.

2. What's your opinion of season 1 of the Gustav era? BE HONEST and don't sugarcoat any negatives.

Davos is the best, the greatest. The value of Davos won't go down no matter what.

3. We'll be losing @Tbeez99 in free agency. I know where he's going, but do you have any guesses or speculations?

Honestly, no idea. Umm, Malmö? :th_berniewtf:

Not exactly close with any of them. Ruutu would be the closest if I have to choose one.

5. The team goes on a mission to track down any inactive member and bring them back. Who do we go for?

There are some old members who I would love to see come back, miss 'em ?

6. With @FrostBeard moving up to take over Malmo, the Houston GM job is opening up. Do you have any interest in applying for the position, and if you don't, do you know of anyone who would have a good shot at it if they applied?

No and no idea. Sorry.

Hopefully a goalie worth a crap

You tried.  It wasn't as bad as our record seemed.  I had fun

3. We'll be losing @Tbeez99 in free agency. I know where he's going, but do you have any guesses or speculations?

Seattle

I guess Landry?  We played on the WJC team together

BrrbisBrr

6. With @FrostBeard moving up to take over Malmo, the Houston GM job is opening up. Do you have any interest in applying for the position, and if you don't, do you know of anyone who would have a good shot at it if they applied?

I wouldn't mind taking it, but I'd much rather have a AGM job first.

7 minutes ago, Brrbisbrr said:

BrrbisBrr

?

On 3/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, GustavMattias said:

Time for the week ending 3/8 (I think, anyway--I'm too lazy to check)...

Get a man-made structure. A stable, foundation, to your team, and for cars. Bridges, that right, ALEX BRIDGES!!

I like salt. it is tasty, yummy in my tummy.

3. The last individual award won by a Davos player came in S68, when Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen won the Labatte and Finn Davison took home both the Clegane and the Shaw. Who's the next Davos player to win an individual award, and what do they win? Me, the foundation award. jkjk, honesly, I got it going to somebody we trade for, or honestly, one of our prospects in the future.

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys? Im the foundation, I have a great LR presence, and my players last name is bridges. imagine all the jokes you can make abt me ;)

Make him an embarrising graphic, and make him DM all important poeple in the league, asking if its good.

6. Let's say the league were to bring back the old VHLM affiliate system--they won't, and we'd all hate it, but let's say they do. Which VHLM team should we pick as our affiliate, and why? Mexico, im on it, so yeah.

1. The Grand Poobah has decided what we're doing with the 2nd overall pick. Any guesses? I am not sure what he is doing with it. But I would imagine probably trading it for a player that can make impact right away. 

2. What's your opinion of season 1 of the Gustav era? BE HONEST and don't sugarcoat any negatives. Things were quiet in the locker room and I think this year will be another tough test. 

3. We'll be losing "tbeezy" in free agency. I know where he's going, but do you have any guesses or speculations? I actually don't know if I will get signed by the team I want to go with, but I'm hoping cuz that's the team I want to play for.

Are you close with any players in the S71 draft class? If so, who? No I'm not close or know anyone from s71.

5. The team goes on a mission to track down any inactive member and bring them back. Who do we go for? I have no idea because if they are inactive that means they are not talking or making a presence at all. 

6. With  "Frostbeard "moving up to take over Malmo, the Houston GM job is opening up. Do you have any interest in applying for the position, and if you don't, do you know of anyone who would have a good shot at it if they applied? I'm not interested in the GM position.

Sell it for toilet paper!

It was rough.  Two playoff teams in the minors, then playing for Riga, I was blessed.  Maybe I didn't get the playing time I should have gotten, but we won.  Losing did take the wind out of my sails (4th wall break - that with getting closer to having to retire my player, just hasn't given me much drive to do much in terms of TPE)

3. We'll be losing @Tbeez99 in free agency. I know where he's going, but do you have any guesses or speculations?

Right now, anywhere is up.  That may change next season or the season after, but as of this moment he's got the right idea.

I don't need friends on the team, I need players that can play and want to win.  Stop asking us to make your picks for you ;)

Anthony Matthews

6. With @FrostBeard moving up to take over Malmo, the Houston GM job is opening up. Do you have any interest in applying for the position, and if you don't, do you know of anyone who would have a good shot at it if they applied?

No.  I still have a couple of years left in my playing career.  I want to try for that VHL cup as a player first.

As David Price once said, "if you don't like how you played, play harder."  That's what we need to do, play harder, play smarter, play with more salt.

2. @Anthony Matthews will come up with a super salty answer to this one. Respond to this by trying to out-salt him.

Did you claim this for points?  This isn't even a question, it's a challenge that relates to the previous question.  The gustav factor has failed this PC.

Apparently I would win the 'saltiest' player award.

4. What would make you want to play for Davos, if you were a prospect entering the draft? What should we do to look as appealing as possible to the new guys?

Now! Offer me money!  Power too! Promise me that.  Offer me everything I ask for!  I want a team that will win, you son of a bitch. (note: I do not think Gustav is a SOB, but I had changed enough of the quote - I still have my father around, albeit not what he used to be)

5. @Proto needs to be punished for insubordination. What do I do to him? Get creative.

Have him bunk up with me on the road.  The salt will do him good.

I'm not that steeped in the VHLM history.  I only know Las Vegas (won cup) and Yukon.

@GustavMattias

Edited by Anthony Matthews
I forgot to tag Gustav, I figured he'd want to make sure he didn't miss this one.

Big week in Davos! Answer these questions to get your FIRST press conference of S71 in! (for the week ending 3/22)

1. The draft is over! We've got one player who will be joining us in Davos this season, and that's defenseman Roque Davis. How does the team welcome him in on his first day?

2. With the departure of Tony Bolonee, one assistant captain spot will open up this season. Who do you nominate?

3. Do we improve much this season? Should we be trying to improve, or do we try to capitalize on our lotto chances?

4. The team starts spending huge amounts of money on pregame hype. What's your personalized entrance?

5. What do you want the league to know about you this season? Are you coming in with a different goal from last season? Different style?

6. How should the VHL deal with coronavirus? Does our season get wiped out?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Esso2264 @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @ShawnGlade @Brrbisbrr

The above is a ping of our complete active roster. If you're a player who doesn't want to be pinged here, or if you're a prospect who does, let me know.

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Big week in Davos! Answer these questions to get your FIRST press conference of S71 in! (for the week ending 3/22)

1. The draft is over! We've got one player who will be joining us in Davos this season, and that's defenseman Roque Davis. How does the team welcome him in on his first day?

2. With the departure of Tony Bolonee, one assistant captain spot will open up this season. Who do you nominate?

3. Do we improve much this season? Should we be trying to improve, or do we try to capitalize on our lotto chances?

4. The team starts spending huge amounts of money on pregame hype. What's your personalized entrance?

5. What do you want the league to know about you this season? Are you coming in with a different goal from last season? Different style?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Esso2264 @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @ShawnGlade @Brrbisbrr

The above is a ping of our complete active roster. If you're a player who doesn't want to be pinged here, or if you're a prospect who does, let me know.

1. First off I want to say congrats to Roque, getting drafted is something special that not everyone has the chance to go through. Hopefully he'll get a welcome similar to I got.

2. I don't think I can answer that just yet, but I'm sure whoever it is, is deserving.

3. I think the main goal is to always improve, but if we slid into another top pick it definitely wouldn't hurt us.

4. Oh boy, that sounds like fun. I think I'd want to come out wearing some sort of neon light suit or something.

5. Well since this will be my rookie season in the VHL, I'm not expecting to lead the league in scoring or anything. I just want people to recognize my consistent work ethic.

6. I think we play through it. I think it would be a good time to grow the VHL since people have no sports to watch currently.

As the Captain, I'll show him around. Teach him all the important stuff, like skiing.

A vote.

We will improve, like we should be doing.

Just have the logo and team colors around everywhere, I'll be happy with that.

I want them to know that I'm still same me, although a bit more experienced.

No one is never injured, so I think we're good to go.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Ahma said:

As the Captain, I'll show him around. Teach him all the important stuff, like skiing.

Somewhere in the Nordics I hope!

Probably with a handshake

Ahma

3. Do we improve much this season? Should we be trying to improve, or do we try to capitalize on our lotto chances? 

That's tough because no one wants to be a constant loser, but if we're not good enough to make noise in the playoffs then shouldn't we be trying to get a lottery pick?

The Sanford and Son theme

Trying to be more of a team leader.

Why would it be wiped out?  You know everyone on VHL is super hygenic

Show him the best taverns in town.  Some days he may need a place to forget...

You really want to know who I think I should be an assistant??  I thought we did a vote already.

3. Do we improve much this season? Should we be trying to improve, or do we try to capitalize on our lotto chances?

I think a team that isn't looking to improve is not a team.  You can improve by playing your players, trading this year for next year.

Bobby Roode's 'Glorious' theme - complete with robe.

I come in doing what I do all the time, play hard.

Are we talking real life or sim covid19?  In real life, go on as long as it's possible for those involved.  In sim life - who would simulate something like this while it's going on?

On 3/16/2020 at 4:15 PM, Brrbisbrr said:

Why would it be wiped out?  You know everyone on VHL is super hygenic

On 3/16/2020 at 4:15 PM, Brrbisbrr said:

Probably with a handshake

On 3/16/2020 at 10:15 PM, Brrbisbrr said:

Ahma

I'm already the captain though ?

For the week ending 3/29...

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

2. Last season, we played New York seven times, going 5-2-0. What's our record against New York this season?

3. Going off of that, a trade I made last season which was probably not the greatest one will end up very much in our favor if New York misses the playoffs. Is it likely, in your opinion, that they will?

4. Also speaking of New York, last week I traded @Esso2264's Joel Ylonen, before he played a game for us. What happened in the locker room that made management hate him?

5. What's your pregame ritual?

6. You own the naming rights to any OTHER league member's recreate. Who do you pick and what do you make them name their player?

11 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

As much as I hate getting asked this question every season, I understand that it's my duty as a VHLMer to continue the tradition of answering this question over and over again, until I'm put in a GM or AGM position and I finally get to ask it myself.

Listen to J Karjalainen

2. Last season, we played New York seven times, going 5-2-0. What's our record against New York this season?

7-0, not even a challenge

3. Going off of that, a trade I made last season which was probably not the greatest one will end up very much in our favor if New York misses the playoffs. Is it likely, in your opinion, that they will?

nah

4. Also speaking of New York, last week I traded @Esso2264's Joel Ylonen, before he played a game for us. What happened in the locker room that made management hate him?

I'm not aware of anything happening, maybe something that happened privately between them.

5. What's your pregame ritual?

Umm, the same question again? Listen to J Karjalainen

6. You own the naming rights to any OTHER league member's recreate. Who do you pick and what do you make them name their player?

Eaglesfan

Gritty II