37 Up 1 C - Tyler Grupac 38 OTT USA TMG1017
38 Up 1 G - Raike Rantalla 38   CHE Savoire Faire
39 Up 1 LW - Viktor Howchin Wallen 36 LVA AUS tequbs
40 Up 1 LW - Wilson Ristau 36 LVA CAN Brock Boeser
41 Up 1 LW - Exodia 36 HFX EGY Evans
42 Up 1 LW - Leander Foxxe 34 YUK CAN NightHawk_787
43 Up 1 RW - Gene MacTavish 32 HFX USA Zeniaz
44 Up 1 RW - Iniquity 32 OTT CAN IniquitY

1. :nya: New York Americans select Ryan Sullivan Jr.

This pick is an absolute no brainer in my mind. I had Sullivan 1st when Davos had the temporary first pick, and I still have him first now. If anything, the fact that the Americans now hold the 1st overall pick is just more security for RSJ that he'll go first overall. The Americans need help on all sides of the ice, but mostly, they're looking for a longtime partner for Joseph McWolf on defense. RSJ fits the job well and, if everything goes well, the two of them could form one of the best defensive pairing in the whole league in a couple of seasons.

2. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo selects Elias Dahlberg

Another easy one. I've seen some people on Discord compare the first 2 picks of this draft with the last NHL Draft and, to be honest, I do agree. A mature franchise defenseman going first (Dahlin), followed by a sniper winger (Svechnikov). Dahlberg is the best skater available, TPE-wise, and his build is proving efficient so far, as he's just off a season where he led all VHLM players in points and goals, while playing for an underachieving team. He'll easily be the best forward on Davos starting next season and for years to come if he sticks around.

3. :nya: New York Americans select Pat Svoboda

This one might come as a shock to some. I had Svoboda going in the late 1st round in my first mock draft, but he took the rankings by storm since then. Thanks to donations and some wizard stuff, Svoboda now ranks 3rd amond skaters, behind only Sullivan Jr. and Dahlberg (and Wahl) as he climbed 7 ranks last night alone. Before that huge push, I was going to have Joel Ylonen here, but now I think Svoboda might have the higher ceiling of the two. He just passed him in TPE, despite joining a week or two later, and StamkosFan is an SHL veteran, meaning he knows how to build a deadly player.

4. :cal: Calgary Wranglers select Mark Gebauer

I wasn't too sure what the Wranglers would be up to this offseason, but it's pretty clear now. In the last couple of days, Bushito traded Keaton Louth, Norris Stopko, Oyorra Arroyo, Mats Johnson and Evan R. Lawson away, leaving Jasper Canmore and Shawn Brodeur as the only two veterans on the now rebuilding team. They need new faces for their franchise and that means getting a big center that can both score and set up other players. The player that best fits this role is centerman Mark Gebauer. To be fair, the Wranglers would technically need a new starting goaltender and a #1 defenseman too, but I don't think they address either need here.

5. :que: Quebec City Meute selects Joel Ylonen

Quebec City is in a good spot right now. If we're only talking about skaters, I consider there is a line between the top 5 and the rest of the class. There are 5 guys that are top tier and then it drops a bit when we get to the 6th skater. I'd say there are actually 7 stars in this draft, but Brick Wahl and Finn Davison might not be starting goaltenders before a couple of seasons, so it's really hard to say how their careers will pan out. Back to this pick, I think Quebec is in a good spot; they finished this season in 4th place and got knocked of the playoffs in the semi-finals, giving them the 5th pick, but this is still a team that was one win away from getting the S62 Continental Cup. I think Joel Ylonen falls to this pick and enjoys a nice career with Quebec starting with him serving as a depth player for a couple of seasons as they continue to compete for a Continental Cup.

6. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo selects John Madden

Davos needs all the help they can get. They'll need to get fast earners on every position, but I think Shawn continues to address the team's lack of offense with this pick, bringing John Madden home, after he was his GM in Halifax last season. Madden has been a steady fast earner so he'll provide Davos, along with Dahlberg, of course, with some well needed help up front when he joins the team next season.

7. :cal: Calgary Wranglers select Piotr Jerwa

Only the second defenseman off the board, Jerwa joins the Wranglers and adds to their core of great, steady earning defensemen. Majesiu's brand executive job basically turns Jerwa into a glorified welfare player, which means he might catch up on some other defensemen in the depth chart at some point and he'll be ready to go to war when the rebuild is over in Calgary and they are contenders again.

8. :rig: Riga Reigns selects Ryan Zabby

Zabby hasn't been the fastest earner, but like it is the case with Jerwa, he's been steady in bringing home some TPE every week. He'll be an excellent depth piece with Riga, who basically don't need anything right now, as they enter S64 as the defending champions. Zabby also knows Enorama from outside the league, so getting both together might ensure Zabby's interest in the league doesn't fadeaway too fast.

9. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo selects Brick Wahl

This might be unexpected to some. A lot of people probably thought I'd have Brick Wahl going to Calgary in the first. Following the GM/AGM dominos and the whole lot of drama that was caused, I don't think Calgary is picking a goalie in this draft anymore. What I think though, is that Davos has a lot of early picks (3 in the top 9) and all their goalies are either welfare earners (like Stoffiday) or inactive (like Mertz and Smith). Getting a fast-earning goalie like Wahl insures the team's future in net, as the team can move forward with both him and Stoffiday and decide how they'll manage this double-headed dragon situation later, when other teams might have job openings for goalies as well.

10. :nya: New York Americans select Diljodh Starload

The Americans continue to add prospects from every position as they get Diljodh in the 2nd round. He joins a young core of forwards and will help them either this season or the next one, in a depth role at first. He has the potential to be a star in this league though, if he continues earning TPE at the rate he does right now, and the Americans would gladly add a star in their forward group.

11. :hel: Helsinki Titans select Kyson Blake

The Titans don't have a lot of picks in this draft, but they are already absolutely loaded with both current talent and future top prospects. They use this 11th pick to add to their forward depth by getting Kyson Blake. Whether Blake stays down next season or he moves up to Helsinki would need to be decided after the selection, as he is currently borderline in terms of TPE. If he joins them this season, he'll help as a depth piece and 

12. :cal: Calgary Wranglers select Gucci Garrop

At this point, we are in the realm of players that assuredly need one more season of development in the VHLM before moving in the VHL. The last two probably will do the same, but they could actually move up already if they wanted to. Gucci Garrop is selected by the Wranglers here and he joins them in S64, as they start to get better after a full season of rebuilding.

13. :nya: New York Americans select Eric Parker

The Americans continue to build a solid defenseman depth after leaving the whole blueline to only 2 players for a whole season. Eric Parker will probably spend one last season in the minors, before joining the team as their 3rd defenseman, just in time for when they actually start to push for the playoffs.

14. :sea: Seattle Bears select Dan Baillie

The Bears make it easy on themselves and pick the skater available with the most TPE. After finishing 2nd last season but missing the Continental Cup finals, they are looking forward to have another successful season. They don't need forwards more than they need defensemen, but this selection makes sense for him, as Baillie can join them in one season as an important depth piece.

15. :que: Quebec City Meute selects Jagger Philliefan

The Meute will need to start thinking about the future and about how to replace both Casey Jones and Colton Rayne at some point. Both are retiring at the end of next season, which would leave them with only Samuel Gate and Luc-Pierre Lespineaux-Lebrunette in their defensive depth chart. Adding Philliefan now will help the team in the future as they are looking forward to playing without their two stars really soon.

16. :rig: Riga Reign selects Nathan N

Another Reign pick, another Enorama recruit. In the same optics as the previous one, this might help kickstart Nathan N, who's been a welfare earner since he joins, basically. Maybe playing with both Enorama and Zabby unlocks some hidden potential or something.

17. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo selects Evgeni Komarov

The last player in the long line of the Komarov family joins Davos with this first pick of the 3rd round. He got enough TPE to be picked way before that, but his enforcer build and the fact he disappeared for a bit in the last month add up and I see him ending up at this very spot, with Shawn getting him back after he played for him in Halifax last season.

18. :nya: New York Americans select Curtis Gary

Curtis Gary joins the Americans with this pick, their 5th already in this draft. Gary started his career as a welfare earner, but he recently claimed a Media Spot, meaning he could start gaining TPE at a better rate in the future if he keeps this up. Either way, even if he goes back to his old ways, he is still a reasonably solid welfare earner and the Americans would be dumb to not get him with this very pick if he's available.

19. :rig: Riga Reign selects Matthew Materazo

Materazo has a bit less TPE than the other players that could have been selected here instead of him, but he's the better option, as he earns TPE at way better rate right now, Had he joined earlier in the season, he could have competed with some of the bigger names in the draft class for a spot in the 1st or 2nd round, but things are as they are, and he joined the league late. This only means that he has less current TPE, and his ceiling his evidently better than anyone else at this point.

20. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo selects Connor McDavid

Davos gets the skater with the most TPE as VHL's own Connor McDavid joins them in their rebuilding efforts. Like most of the guys at this point, McDavid is a solid welfare earner, but he's a steady one that looks like he'll make it worth it for the team that decides to pick him up.

21. :que: Quebec City Meute selects Sven Hitz

The trend continues as Quebec adds the player with the most TPE available. Hitz is one full season away from joining the VHL, but he'll be lucky enough to join a team that still contends for a Cup. Maybe it'll be their last real shot at it, but still, it'll be a good opportunity for the young forward.

22. :nya: New York Americans select Bolt Vanderhuge

The Americans add another depth defenseman as they add the skater with the most TPE available. Vanderhuge is one or two seasons away from making in into the big leagues, which would mean he'll be ready when the Americans window of competitiveness opens.

23. :cal: Calgary Wranglers select Finn Davison

I might be incredibly wrong with this pick. I actually hope I am, I don't want to see all the efforts Poptart put in his player being rewarded with a late-3rd round selection. But as things are right now, this might actually be how it all goes down. Despite saying he might create his own goalie as a GM Player, Bushito will probably need a good goalie earlier than that as their rebuild is starting now and won't last forever. Davison would actually be a steal at this point, if he's brought in as a franchise starting goaltender.

24. :rig: Riga Reign selects Josh Harris

The last pick of this mock draft sees the Reign pick a player that unfortunately joined about a week before the trade deadline. Josh Harris is one of the players that got the least time to get TPE and build themselves an impressive resume for this draft, but he looks like a player that will stick around for a while and at this point in the draft, this is all the Reign can hope for.

Spoiler

@Alfred Corey @Camcall @Advantage @JSS @WHEELsnipePARTY @Molholt @IceSK @NathanN @RyanZabby @Philliefan @wiggo @JG10 @Froobydoo @Steroid Monster @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @kerryj13 @Radio @wcats @hookemhorns @mjl3475 @ATaylor27_ @NightHawk_787 @Escott @NewtonianBoots @VenomBlast500 @WTB @Owen Borah @Bailey @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix @Tiler94 @Eddyconqs @Charles Blades @Nykonax @Esso2264 @TheDrunkDrew @Brock Boeser @Pwest7788 @auston matthews #34 @Julien Venezia @TheEpicDuck @Johnthegod21 @Brandon87 @xela @Require The Demi God @Lare @Alexhockey8 @Isaac46362 @dora @Hersheybears @Sturg @Dario44 @Zeniaz @NikEhlers27 @Hutch445 @Maladus42 @Mattmacleod63 @BladeMaiden @hitmess @Bobby Power @Koutsi @vesku842 @Sova @Ashvinan Sivasambu  @wola @Rocketman04 @DilIsPickle @DingmanGeorge @Kramer @Sohva @Poptart @Jayden Bender @Gooningitup @Fowll @Natedawg6413 @LemonPig @Savoire Faire @Levangy @Swintzy Sauce19 @K13R4N @Quietknight @tequbs @TMI @Wulfen @FlyersLord29 @Pier-Luc Besner @Jon @Kachur @JaysFan26 @LQuinn @theMooseKing @NickSunderbruch @Lancelot @dylanlib @Dylan Donald @expensivebaton @caltroit_red_flames @ocbeezilla @jonnysauce22 @StamkosFan @DangerGolding @kayfabe @Santeri koskinen @Ninetyfourgoalie @Tangledgoat34 @TPEWhore @SwagSloth @edonnelly30 @Cj. @Bigwood17 @TheMemeMaestro @JHughes08 @Toasty @11 Eleven @Matty69P @Aero @Dyldel @Njdevil0298 @Goalieguy @Johhny de Boer @TrevorC11 @Matt_O @poots @datsyuk @ETCanucklehead @Ty343 @aidancole1008 @Evans

Edited by McWolf