Sort of a mock draft, part 2 [1/2]

Part 2 here!

21. :mos:D - Codrick Past

Current TPE: 146

Member: @Kylrad

@Victor fulfills his wish and drafts Codrick to Moscow. Although Vic said the defence isn't the most important positional need for his team, taking Past won't be that much of a risk either. Kylrad isn't a vocal member, but he proved that he can make solid second line/pair players. Whether it was Adam Kylrad, Souryuu Kaminogi or Conrad Jenkins. So I guess Moscow GM will go with another member that wants to play for his team.

22. :hel:LW - Valeri Morozov

Current TPE: 165

Member: @Dangles13

Helsinki will make a right decision if they will try to replace Bald Guy with Nielsen. But the situation with forward isn't that clear either. Slipher and Canmore done following this season and Rechenko is still unsigned. And of course, and expansion draft where the Titans' will lose one player. So I see Quik taking a chance on Morozov here. He is on pace of being at early 200 TPE by the next season so he could become a fifth-sixth forward instantly. Also, Dangles is a known member for Helsinki...for going inactive with Donovan. So he can redeem himself and become at least a decent depth player in his first years. And then who knows, maybe a more solid role will be in store for this Russian junior.

23. :nya:RW - John Frostbeard

Current TPE: 154

Member: @FrostBeard

My prediction is that even after an expansion draft NY will have full two lines. But I think @Spade18 might search for a replacement for Shawinganen who is inactive. Probably it was supposed to be Sven Hitz, but he stopped at 206 TPE and this is not what NY management wants. Frostbeard started with a bang, but slowed down shortly after he was named WJC co-commish. Maybe he isn't having much time now, or he is doing this on purpose to stay in minors for one more season. One way or another, I think the Americans should take a look at this member. A couple of people are praising his activity on boards and his character. That's why Spade won't be wrong to take this prospect to himself as he could become a solid player in future.

24. :rig:D - Rhye Tyr

Current TPE: 159

Member: @Plate

Welp, another youngsta who once was considered as the TOP 5 draft prospect but couldn't hang on. Right now Plate is semi active at best which is not fine. However, there could be some positives as well. First of all, this could be a first D prospect I ''took'' in this draft. Another good thing - if I recall correctly, he came into this league together with @SirRupertBarnes. Knowing that Volosenkov was taken by Riga earlier in this draft, I could see Sir trying to convince Plate to give it another shot since nothing is lost yet. Honestly, Tyr was in my shorlist at the beginning of this season. So I would still take him. It's just in the third round, not first.

25. :mos:LW - Chico Smeb

Current TPE: 147

Member: @xDParK

Well, that would be something. Kylrad and Park are constantly fighting about who is going to have more TPE by the draft. And at the end of the day both of them would be taken by the same team. Actually, Moscow isn't the top destination for Park. But in Park words, he respects Victor and it's something that the Menace GM would be interested to see. And he also earns a decent ammount of TPE even with welfare so that would be a nice pick. The history of his players isn't that great though. That might somewhat a red flag for Chico and he might even fall into the fourth round. But let's just pretend that my mock draft is right, ok?

26. HiEa4pB.png&key=b91d428cd9dd424dff193944e21a8cbbedef6f82f779aed838df9468b5f96932D - Apollo Hackett

Current TPE: 134

Member: @Renomitsu

There are a couple of other really good TPE earners. However, Reno is off to a great return and that could be a good reason why he could become a third player in the Nighthawks' history. I also feel like he is very interested to be drafted by this team which makes him even a better prospect in eyes of Advantage. But hey. Didn't I say the Malmo GM is gonna grab forwards first? You damn right, I told yall that. But we can see that a GM player is a center. At this moment, Malmo would have two forwards already and they still will have a couple of picks to take more of them. At this point, this would be more about fulfilling the wish of a member.

27. :hel:RW - Matt Tocco

Current TPE: 140

Member: @Matmenzinger

Matt is another guy who only joined month ago, but already is among TOP 40 in TPE wise. He is capping every week, which is nice to see. I saw a couple of articles about hidden gems, but I'm not sure if I found this name in these. Becase Tocco is indeed a hidden gem with this TPE earning rate. I think Quik will see this and take Matt to make a future of his team's offensive line even more bright.

28. :hel:RW - Emil Passerelli

Current TPE: 142

Member: @SparrowLTD

At this point, Helsinki might just take a BPA. Sparrow isn't as fast TPE earner as the Tocco, but still a decent one. In my opinion,Emil is more about becoming a depth player than a superstar. But hey, not everyone can just become a superstar, right? It would be confusing as hell. With uncertainity with Revchenko (and he is not that young anymore) and not the most consistent work ethic by Kozlov will make Quik to swap yet another forward and see from there.

29. :que:D - Cody Parkey

Current TPE: 123

Member: @SaltyTalty

I'm not sure if Vancouver would need another pick after having four second rounders. But let's just imagine that nobody ever traded their picks and Beaviss is going to try to find a steal. I don't know if Parkey will become a steal. But I do know Salty is having a nice activity so far and even is doing PT's occasionally. He might become a nice second pair defenceman at some point. Harding is becoming older and I don't even know what will happen with Gate in this off-season. I see the Wolves' GM trying to secure a D spot with this pick.

30. :rig:G - Clayton Park

Current TPE: 154

Member: @leafssteen

Alright, now BPA will be a goalie. And you know what, this pick actually will make some sense. First of all, Leafssteen expresed and interest on staying in minors for one more season. And second of all, it's about damn time to have a relevant backup. Will he want to become a backup? We don't know, but to be far, there would be much sports left for Clayton anyways. So at least he could be a backup in a competing team. And yes, I'm sure my team will be a contender in S67, thank you.

31. :mos:LW - Edgar Tanahill

Current TPE: 121

Member: @gregreg

Yes, this is yet another story of Victor fulfilling a wish of a member. Greg isn't even hiding his excitement about Moscow so it only would make sense if Edgar Tanahill gets taken to Russia. It doesn't even matter which pick and which round. A funny fact - in a press conference Vic was telling that his might more interested in first gens. However, we see a lot of old-school members who are fans of Moscow GM. Well, as long as they're earning TPE they should be fine whether they are true rookies or an old guard.

32. :cal: G - Wendy Kandee Cain

Current TPE: 152

Member: @SlashACM

I have a feeling that Blade and Slash are familiar with each other. I might be wrong though. But would it be surprisng if this goalie will be drafted by Calgary? Absolutely not. I also see that Slash hasn't claimed anything last week so I assume he wants to spend another season in minors. And then likely to backup a goalie. In this moment he will be backing up Brick Wahl and wait for another potential expansion.

33. :mos: LW - Jordan Joshua Tonn

Current TPE: 138

Member: @MexicanCow

I actually realized I tagged the wrong account. @MexicanCow123 would be more appropriate tag. As about this pick as much as all next picks - it's about to find a quality steal. Since Moscow already has three defencemans. It's time to search for sleepers among forwards. JJT seems a nice option. Going inactive with his previous player raises a yellow flag (don't want to put red flag in it since it's only one player). But at this moment he is doing a graphic which is a good sign. If he could find more time for other easy TPE, like Trivia and such, he could become a good second line winger in the future.

34. :dav:D - Edward Vigenault

Current TPE: 125

Member: @Patpou22

Davos obviously won't need more players in their roster after three first round picks. So probably Shawn wil try to find a player who was more potential than some others. Patpou isn't very vocal and I assume English isn't even his first language. But he is consistently claiming 10 TPE per week and will be more than enough to not fall below the fourth round. Will Davos need another defenceman in the future? It probably doesn't matter at this stage of the draft.

35. :mos: RW - Alexander Rodriguez

Member: @Jtv123

Alexander Rodriguez doesn't have most TPE among the rest of draftees. But he is definitely one of few consistent 8-10 TPE earners left which puts him in same level as Vigenault. Moscow will make a good decision of they will take a chance on this kid. He also has a decent activity on boards which will help him too. There is a question about if Russian team wnats to take a goalie instead. At this point, I think Victor is going to go with Chase and see from there as the remaining S66 goalies aren't having way more potenatial than their S65 peer.

36. HiEa4pB.png&key=b91d428cd9dd424dff193944e21a8cbbedef6f82f779aed838df9468b5f96932D - Beau Buefordsson

Current TPE: 119

Member: @Radcow

Remember I was telling you that Malmo will try to pick up forwards? Here's a thing - at this moment there are a couple of defs that have more potential than forwards. So Advantage probably won't looks at his team's positional needs and go with potential. I think this player is looking nice. Radcow is yet another more or less consistent TPE earner. He had one week when he only claimed 4 TPE, but that was pretty much a small hiccup. Other than that, he is looking solid among remaining guys.

37. :hel:D - Samuel Sparrow

Member: @Birdman

Quik will pick Sparrow due to two reasons. First, his earning TPE rate is nice enough to be a fourth round pick. And he also is playing for Houston and I'm pretty sure the Titan's goalie Sonnet may say a couple of good words about this player and member. Someone told in this article that Birdman became less active recently. Well, maybe he isn't the most consistent person in terms of work ethic. But he at least is doing media at times. This alone makes him a notable prospect.

38. :cal: C - Nacco

Current TPE: 125

Member: @Nacci25

I think at this point Bash will go with active BPA. Nacco had a good start, but went inactive for two weeks that made him take a dive in draft standings. In his defence, he is actually doing PT's when he is active. So Wranglers' GM won't make a crime against his team with choosing this draftee as there is a possibility of him becoming a decent 2C.

39. :sea:C - Raphael Nazarians

Current TPE: 128

Member: @LIL V O D AK

I'm almost sure that @Banackock won't attend the draft since his team doesn't have high picks. So this basically is a BPA player. And this actually will not be a good pick for the Bears. Vodak once was an acitve member in all three afilliate leagues, but it didn't last long. We could argue that three weeks of inactivity isn't that much and there is a chance of him coming back. Well, maybe. But iirc, he is now inactive in all three leagues. So yeah, too little chance at this moment.

40. :rig:LW - Hunter Wagner

Current TPE: 124

Member: @Inf1d3l

Unlike Seattle, my BPA is an active member. He is also good at getting 6-8 TPE per week (without other bonuses and such). I would be happy to grab this guy. Yes, he maybe won't be vocal in LR. But as long as he doing his thing, there is nothing to worry about. For some reason, I tend to confuse him with other similar named member, Infernal (Don Draper, currently a Vancouver prospect).

Part 3 is coming very soon in VHL.com section!

All of this payout goes to Randoms

08.04 - 14.04

15.04 - 21.04

22.04 - 28.04

29.04 - 05.05

@hedgehog337Shh, I have my plans :D But really, I am slowing down as I feel like one more season in VHLM might be super beneficial for my player's development!

That said, I am here every day, ready everything and checking everything, so - GM's - don't get fooled by the amount of my TPE!

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Sort of a mock draft, part 2 [1/2]