A Formal Apology

monkeywrench15

Hello everyone, if you do not know who I am you may not have figured it out or heard through the grapevine. My is Kendrick and I used to be a member here under that username. I left on terms that weren't what I would have preferred to go out on. I have left a few leagues on better terms than this one, and I find that disappointing because for a large chunk of my time online; this was the place to be. For a while there there seemed to be some people I clashed with for whatever reasons they may be (every interaction with some users was a different experience). I won't deny that I got into it with some people when I could've either avoided it or simply bit my tongue. I owe a bunch of people apologies and a public airing of those seems the best way so they can see it here for reference. I tend to usually make private discussions to do so, but some of those people don't have discord so I don't know how to find them. Anyways, figured I'd get to the nitty gritty.

First off, @Beketov. I was hard on you in the days/weeks leading up to me leaving as I was also overwhelmed with the lack of respect from others and putting pressure on you was unfair on my part. I should've handled that better and you do a stand up job at making sure things are running smoothly around here.

@Tagger I think in the past I've been hard on you and it bugs me a bit because you've shown to be a man of integrity and class. I apologize for anything that I may have let get away from me.

@Beaviss for a while we worked hand in hand in trying to pump this website full of new members. We saw a bunch of things fail and a bunch of things turn a recruiting profit. You're committed to it and that should tell me all I need to know about you. You really do have the VHL as a thing that you pride yourself on positively promoting.

@Banackock At times I was very hard on you. I would never personally attack you as I didn't often do that with people on here (more of a passive aggressive type). You re good shit and do a standup job. Your commitment to your team and the leagues growth is something this league is lucky to have.

@Victor We have gotten into it from time to time. There were periods of your reign that irked me a little because of the wishy washy rules or what not, but you also never attacked anyone and seemed to have the VHL's growth at the top of your list.

@flyersfan1453 I'm not sure what exactly I did, but there was a time when you started to dislike my actions. I would appreciate  a private message so I can begin to understand what it was that set us apart because when I brought you to Cologne, I was very excited and for a long period of time we worked like a good tandem.

@Devise I have no clue if you will see this (because I don't know if this is your username) but I respect you, appreciate your knowledge on many different things and can always get behind your ideas when it comes to this league.

@boubabi We clashed a lot. Many people have heard about the clash. It was like an oil and water sort of things. I think you're a dedicated member when you're here and you taught me a bit about graphics (something I still have room for improvement on). You've said somethings that I scratch my head at, and at times touch topics that are better left in the mud but I honestly feel that maybe it's just a bunch of different personalities that don't see eye to eye. I honestly don't feel like that pits us against each other though, you have a view on things as you are opinionated and I appreciate that. To be honest, if you didn't state your opinions on matters I'd probably be pissed because "if you have a voice, use it".

To anyone else that may feel slighted by no personalized note, feel free to get ahold of me to hash things out, shoot the shit, take the piss or whatever you want to address. I've met some pretty talented, knowledgable, generous (the recent donation fund was great to see!) & inspiring people here and I don't think that will change.

For some that may need some air to be cleared. In relation to my voting habits, for a long period of time I was a very unbiased voter for league awards and trophies. A few times I did vote biased because I did see some other members pump their own tires when I felt it wasn't justified. Not saying it was a reactionary thing, but I let my own emotions get in the way of voting. There were times when my personal life seemed like it was raked over hot coals for some to destroy; which I felt pretty disappointed in. I'm a good man, work hard and yes at times wear my heart on my sleeve but I do think this site has grown and I still feel there is more positive growth coming it's way. Thank you for reading, enjoy your day!

14 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

@Tagger I think in the past I've been hard on you and it bugs me a bit because you've shown to be a man of integrity and class. I apologize for anything that I may have let get away from me.

Thank you for the kind words. I do remember there were times both during and shortly after your VHL tenure as Kendrick where I would take an argument too far or took unnecessary potshots at yourself (and being a part of the recruitment crew gave me opportunity to reflect on how I could better deal with situations like those) so I'd like to offer an apology for those occasions myself and am happy to put the past behind us and move forward in this very promising era for the VHL.

6 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Thank you for the kind words. I do remember there were times both during and shortly after your VHL tenure as Kendrick where I would take an argument too far or took unnecessary potshots at yourself (and being a part of the recruitment crew gave me opportunity to reflect on how I could better deal with situations like those) so I'd like to offer an apology for those occasions myself and am happy to put the past behind us and move forward in this very promising era for the VHL.

Likewise. I would love to move forward, with a common ground of trying to improve this league more as we go along. I appreciate your response

Just now, Corco said:

Is this Kendrick’s first player that doesn’t have a K in the name? 

No, the last one on this account was Jesse Wilson (I think).

As a relatively new guy to the league, I admit I've never heard of the issues that happened here between the parties involved, so I'm just here to welcome Kendrick back to the VHL. 

Hai. 

greeting good day GIF

• Admin

Wow.

I actually don't know what to say, I genuinely thought we were long past the point of no return. But I'm glad we weren't, truly hate nothing more than personal grudges and arguing with you over the years, even if I felt I was in the right, never gave me any pleasure. And really well done for being the bigger man, I feel like I owe you a blanket apology too - can't say for what specifically, but I'm sure there was something. A few somethings. Who knows, so much water under the bridge.

I gotta say, I've always believed that we wouldn't have any issues if we met in person. Which I think is true of most people online, but I dunno, it really resonates in this specific case especially for me. I was certainly a bit disappointed I went back to Vancouver just after you left here, could've been an interesting one haha.

P.S. I have been bugged by one thing from our last (only) Discord clash - I never had anything against Cologne! I even floated the idea of bringing them back whenever we re-expanded.

33 minutes ago, Corco said:

Is this Kendrick’s first player that doesn’t have a K in the name? 

Torsten Schwartz his third player back in the S10's

Jesse Wilson and this new player

I knew monkeywrench was Kendrick but I never said anything because if he wanted to stay anything he would bring it up

• Commissioner

I still deem the Kendrick I saw near the end of your initial run here as a different person than who I’ve known for 12 years now. You remain one of the best GM’s I’ve ever had and you know that I’ll defend you far beyond what most would deem reasonable. Everyone has their disagreements, there’s no reason to let it spoil anything. It was a shit situation all around and I just hope that you understand I was doing the best I could at the time.

P.S yay, now I don’t need to act like I don’t know who you are anymore.

When I recently recreated, I was hoping I would find you here. We had one hell of a rivalry back during the 30's, and I know there were times where we both went too far... but what fun is sports without rivalries? As our players' careers at that time winded down, so did the animosity. Working with you after that was always very cordial and a blast, and I'm glad you are here again. 

I believe I mentioned this to you on Discord, but I would love the experience of being teammates with you! We've had one go-around as rivals, now we need to win together!

22 hours ago, Victor said:

Wow.

I actually don't know what to say, I genuinely thought we were long past the point of no return. But I'm glad we weren't, truly hate nothing more than personal grudges and arguing with you over the years, even if I felt I was in the right, never gave me any pleasure. And really well done for being the bigger man, I feel like I owe you a blanket apology too - can't say for what specifically, but I'm sure there was something. A few somethings. Who knows, so much water under the bridge.

I gotta say, I've always believed that we wouldn't have any issues if we met in person. Which I think is true of most people online, but I dunno, it really resonates in this specific case especially for me. I was certainly a bit disappointed I went back to Vancouver just after you left here, could've been an interesting one haha.

P.S. I have been bugged by one thing from our last (only) Discord clash - I never had anything against Cologne! I even floated the idea of bringing them back whenever we re-expanded.

I think it was the fact Cologne/Quebec was hit hard with an expansion thing very well linked to the Grizzlies and Raptors not getting low picks.

21 hours ago, Beketov said:

I still deem the Kendrick I saw near the end of your initial run here as a different person than who I’ve known for 12 years now. You remain one of the best GM’s I’ve ever had and you know that I’ll defend you far beyond what most would deem reasonable. Everyone has their disagreements, there’s no reason to let it spoil anything. It was a shit situation all around and I just hope that you understand I was doing the best I could at the time.

P.S yay, now I don’t need to act like I don’t know who you are anymore.

Yeah the end of that run was stressful and tensions could be cut with a knife. Safe to say that's behind us and this league

21 hours ago, Doomsday said:

When I recently recreated, I was hoping I would find you here. We had one hell of a rivalry back during the 30's, and I know there were times where we both went too far... but what fun is sports without rivalries? As our players' careers at that time winded down, so did the animosity. Working with you after that was always very cordial and a blast, and I'm glad you are here again. 

I believe I mentioned this to you on Discord, but I would love the experience of being teammates with you! We've had one go-around as rivals, now we need to win together!

We worked together a short while ago with players. It might have been when I was going into FA and you were as well with Tyson Kohler. I enjoyed that and you are an incredible writer as well

@monkeywrench15 No hard feelings or anything like that. I always respected what you brought to the league in terms of activity and desire for the league to be strong etc. To me you were an important member and I wad disappointed when you "walked away" from the league. Good to see you back as "Kendrick". Though, can it be official and lose this name? GL with the player.

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

@monkeywrench15

You should apologize to me. You recruited me here originally, so you're not really allowed to leave while I'm here. :P

Welcome back, though. Good luck!!

That's right, I'd never leave you hanging for long!