S77 WJC GM Application

bigAL

The regular season is ending, which means our off-season extravaganza is ramping up. IT'S WJC TIME!

We're here in the JOB APPLICATIONS forum because we need to hire GMs for this elite minor league tournament. Getting a GM gig here gives you a huge leg up in future management jobs. There's always a GM or two that get a league job shortly after the WJC finishes. If you want a big pants job, your resume starts HERE.

We need five general managers to run each of the teams in the tourney. This is an amazing opportunity for newer members, or experienced members wanted to get into the management side of things. 

Your mission, if you choose to accept, will be to:

• Choose a full team, including 9 F, 4 D, and 2 G, based on nationality
  • Lead the team by building hype (for the team and the tournament), maintaining an active discord LR, and generally be the face of the team
  • Submit lines for each game

Teams

?? Team Canada ??

?? Team USA ??

?? Team Europe ??

? Team Asia ?

?️ Team World ?️

Perks

• Getting PAID - 2 capped TPE per week for the whole tournament
  • Beef up that resume - no VHL/M GM is getting hired without previous management experience. Come get that experience here!

Applying

• Comment in this thread and tell us what team you'd like to GM
  • Commissioners @rjfryman and I will follow up with interview questions for those selected
  • If you think it'll help your case, feel free to list your qualifications and reasons why we should choose you

Disclaimers

• You DO NOT need to have STHS or GM experience - this is how you gain it!
  • Access to STHS Client (a computer that can run it) is an asset but not mandatory
  • Tournament will start after the Playoffs, so you will need to be active for the next month

History & Resources

World Juniors HQ

World Junior Rules

World Junior Player & GM Stats

World Junior Collective Rankings

Howdy! An experienced GM would like to take part. 

I have been a successful GM on both VHLM, VHL fronts and as World Cup GM have achieved great results. 
Would love to have an opportunity to GM any of these teams, preferably - Team Europe and Team World!

I would LOVE nothing more than another chance to participate in this tournament ! This would be a great way for me to get my toes wet and back into the front office game and prove to the community my abilities to make the most realistic and fun experience through discord and media spots , I promise not to disappoint, Thank you for your time and consideration and all hopes that I hear from you soon ❤️

Sincerely 

Former (Philadelphia Reapers & Vancouver Wolves) AGM -Spence King  

To all new players who want to get into the “ownership” side of teams, this is an excellent first step! I was one of those GMs that went right to an AGM position in the VHLM right after the tournament. I highly encourage those with GM aspirations to use the WJC as a great opportunity to showcase themselves.

I would like to apply for Canada if possible but not picky. 

i think this would look nice on my resume and I’m active. Give me a shot!