Jardy's Nodesode #3: Conquering the Question Thread

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

I say bad words and butcher people's voices.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/The-Nodesode-3-Conquering-the-Question-Thread-e1bhp6c

In today's episode, we get through the rest of my question thread before they sit for the remainder of the year!

- @a_Fork prods our generational gap

- @Phil asks the important questions in life, and I realize after the fact I don't sound anything like him. Or maybe we sound identical?

- I ease @Shindigs' addled mind with sound answers to his inquiries

- @Dil tees me up to say kind things about him (listen to find out if I swing!)

- I attempt to imitate @Beaviss' voice and fail spectacularly

- Boomer reunion with @Arce

Other mentions:

@GrittyIsKing @bigAL @diamond_ace @Ledge @Banackock @Ricer13 @GustavMattias @McWolf @Kendrick @Victor @Renomitsu @FrostBeard @BladeMaiden @Tate @Sandro @CoachReilly @Will @Higgins @Knight 

Barely mentioned:

@Peace @Rayzor_7 @thadthrasher @nurx

Edited by JardyB10

#HYPE Now I know what I'll listen to before bed. You can't claim that a nodesode is ASMR, but maybe profanities soothe me? Also 51minute "node"sode. That is one thicc node if you ask me. @JardyB10

4 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

#HYPE Now I know what I'll listen to before bed. You can't claim that a nodesode is ASMR, but maybe profanities soothe me? Also 51minute "node"sode. That is one thicc node if you ask me. @JardyB10

Yeah I knew damn well this wasn't going to be short when I started recording it, but I didn't want the questions thread to marinate any longer than it already has, because I'm not super likely to get to them otherwise before 2022.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Yeah I knew damn well this wasn't going to be short when I started recording it, but I didn't want the questions thread to marinate any longer than it already has, because I'm not super likely to get to them otherwise before 2022.

I mean you did say that if someone asked about the meta it would be at least a 45min episode, and I did ask about the meta. So it was to be expected, really.

9 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

That was none other than @Berocka, the only Chodesode intro that was never actually featured on a Chodesode.

Damn Berocka has a sick voice.

Also the a_Fork thing is because Rocket League hates my fucking username for some reason and censors it, so it's a band aid on that. Probably won't stick for long

edit: fuck it I'm changing it back

Edited by a_Ferk

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Yes I've been told I look EXACTLY like Ryan Reynolds 🥸

Futurama Squinting GIF

Juha Ikonen (I think that's what you were saying anyways) is very, very Finnish. Also calling Finns Swedes is a) Hilarious and b) a good way to get stabbed by Finns.

Your Swedish accent is, interesting. But so is my Canadian, eh? So can't feel too sory about it, eh? Really my accents are limited to my Swedish accent (which is the "Missouri accent" of Sweden, so FML on that one) and Bond-villain Russian.

But honestly the kind of answer you gave to the HoF question was quite exactly what I was after. A story about unlikely heroes, that could only be told by someone so damn old they were there.

Now in retaliation for you (very correctly I might add) calling me a nerd in Nurx' podcast thread. I will rate this podcast in the dumbest way possible: 1984118623_Ratingtroll.png.e898c24b9e465c73436ed45706d719dd.png

Considering you're an engineer and that is all at most pre-calc (I think?). It really should be a walk in the park. Also the math software I used sucks, which is why the i in the partial Euler's formula looks like a fleshy appendage connected to the equally ugly pi.

Also, how exactly does saying you're not a nerd and also wanting to invite DnD podcasters as your dream guests add up?😅 Looks kinda sus to me. But again, it was a good answer. Assumed you wouldn't go with a boring fanboy answer, but rather something more interesting. I used to be part of the OG following of RollPlay when they started the PnP streaming craze back in the days. The Shadowrun group I played with for years was actually the community group from there. Sadly I kinda stopped with RPGs at some point, but it was always good fun. Even though Shadowrun is an absolute tire fire of epic proportions. They actually have rules that require you to square/take the root of things mid calculation...in a tabletop game. Just why?

Edited by Shindigs
Careless math error: Forgot to multiply the partisl Euler's formula by pi. Whoops!

On 12/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Victor said:

You always reminiscing about Ikonen, Renomitsu and the Calgary days makes me question if we both peaked in 2011.

Of course we did! Or at least I did. Cleganebowl was pretty good too though.