VHLE S83 Pre-Season Power Rankings

VHLE S83 Pre-Season Power Rankings

Siyan.png

VHLE Power Rankings Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to the VHLE S83 Pre-Season Power Rankings! I'll be trying to do these every week, or every other week. The first Power Rankings is going to be purely stats based. I mainly took all the averages of the stats, did some calculations, and this is what I ended up coming up with. I'll be going over every team in the VHLE this week and where I think their strengths/weaknesses are, and a couple key players for each of the teams. I'm going to explain how I got some of the calculations first before I end up starting the rankings, so please read below:

Overall Offense Rating: The Overall Offense Rating was calculated taking the "SCO" and "PAS" attributes of every single player on the roster. First, I ended up taking the "SCO" attribute of every player, added them up, and averaged the number. I did the exact same for the "PAS" attribute. I then averaged the two together, and that's how I got the Overall Offense Rating! (SCO OF EVERY PLAYER)/(NUMBER OF PLAYERS) and (PAS OF EVERY PLAYER)/(NUMBER OF PLAYERS). Then (ANS FOR FORMULA 1 + ANS FOR FORMULA 2)/(2).

Overall Defense Rating: The Overall Defense Rating was calculated taking the "DEF" attribute of every single player on the roster. I just ended up taking the "DEF" attribute of every player, added them up, and averaged the number. Since there was only one attribute I took into account, I didn't need to add them together and divide to find the average! (DEF OF EVERY PLAYER)/(NUMBER OF PLAYERS).

Overall Goaltending Rating: The Overall Goaltending Rating was calculated taking the "SZ", "AG", "RB", "SC", "HS", and "RT" attribute of every single goalie on the roster. I could go through on every single attribute how I got them, but I basically just added the averages of the one/two goalies, then added the averages of the ratings together and divided it by the number of attributes, which in this case was 6! That is how I ended up getting the Overall Goaltending Rating! This takes too long to explain, but basically the Overall Offense Rating formula, but for "SZ, AG, RB, SC, HS, RT" and then the answers of those dividing by the number of attributes, which is 6 to get the answer.

If you need a better explanation, as I'm not the best at explaining things, let me know.

Let's finally get to the VHLE Power Rankings, shall we?

1. Vasteras Iron Eagles

Overall Offense Rating: 61.35 (1st)

Overall Defense Rating: 68.5 (1st)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 73.5 (1st)

Alright, on paper and with the calculations and everything, this team is absolutely stacked. You'd hope the team that had a ton of picks in this draft would be one of the best teams going into the season, and well, they lead every single category. Leading the charge at the forward position is going to be @Grape, joined by @eagle_3450 and @leandrofg who should have fantastic seasons in the E as well. This team has a ton of talent on the offensive front, having a score first mentality and I could see multiple members putting up high goal numbers. As for the defensive side, this team seems to have more defensive defenseman, focusing on protecting the net instead of joining the rush. It's tough to say who will be the leader defensively, as every single one of their defenseman is around the same skill level, but @Spence King has the best defense on the team, at a whopping 80. He'll be backstopping a tough defensive team that'll be hard to enter their zone defensively, and honestly the best defensive core in the league. In between the pipes, they have @Lilpfigher who will be looking to lead this team to success. This team has fantastic goaltending overall and they've got a clear starter and backup. Personally, I expect this team to be a top three team and anything less from this team would be an absolute disaster of a season.

2. Stockholm Vikings

Overall Offense Rating: 58.09 (2nd)

Overall Defense Rating: 59.18 (3rd)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 73.25 (T-2nd)

Up next on the rankings coming in second place is going to be the Stockholm Vikings. Stockholm has the best scorers in the league, despite their offense rating coming in second. This team is loaded with deadly snipers that given an opportunity, will find the back of the net. Leading the offensive powerhouse is @FBR who is coming off of a 27 goal season, with 79 points. He has a ton of talent joining him, and I can't list them all, as this forward core is absolutely loaded and can give Vasteras a run for their money. On the back-end defensively, and honestly in my eyes, one of the best defenseman in the league is @LuluSalesAway. This player has high defensive capabilities and also can join the rush, a perfect two-way defenseman that the Stockholm Vikings need to help power their offense minded team. In the crease, this team has two solid goalies, @Joker_TM and @Tendy who they'll have to decide which one will be their starter and which one will be their backup. Regardless, having competition is a good thing and Stockholm Vikings should be vying for the top of the league at the end of the season!

3. Istanbul Red Wolves

Overall Offense Rating: 56.44 (5th)

Overall Defense Rating: 60.8 (2nd)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 70 (7th)

Slotting in the third place spot on the rankings is the Istanbul Red Wolves. It's honestly tough, because the top two teams in my eyes are very far ahead of the pack that it's tough to say who is going to come into third place. Regardless, I'm going to go with the Istanbul Red Wolves. On the offensive front, this team is led by @LeBron Jamezz. Last season, he put up 31 goals and 67 points, having an exceptional season for the Red Wolves. This team also had a ton of picks in the recent draft, and are adding players like @Brandon and @jacobcarson877 on offensive front who should help the team tremendously. Also, one thing I want to point out is @jacobcarson877 build, in which he has 80 defense! He'll be a key piece to the team defensively, which helps me pivot into the next talking point for the team, defense! This team is absolutely loaded defensively, having the second best defense rating in the entire VHLE. The funny thing is, yes, most of the defenseman on this team are somewhat defensively focused, but the forwards are helping out the team defensively too. One player I want to talk about is @der meister, who was drafted 3rd overall and will be helping to protect the net this season. He's a fantastic addition to the team, and it's going to be very hard to find ways to score on this team. Last up, we have the goaltending for Istanbul. You might be thinking, wow, this team is ranked 7th at goaltending, they must not have good goaltending! Let me stop you there. The difference between 1st and 7th on the rating scale is only an average of 3.5 higher in each stat, so even though they are ranked 7th, there are a lot of teams very close in the ratings for goalies. @npuBeT will be the starter this season for the Red Wolves and he'll do a lot of the heavy lifting, as the Wolves will need solid goaltending to be able to go on a run this season. Regardless, this team should be a playoff team and anything less then that is a failure.

4. Bratislava Watchmen

Overall Offense Rating: 57.77 (3rd)
Overall Defense Rating: 59 (4th)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 70.25 (6th)

Coming in at fourth on the rankings is the Bratislava Watchmen. I honestly could see this team being flip-flopped with the Istanbul Red Wolves, as I think this team is a little bit more well rounded then the Wolves, but the Wolves are more specialized in defense. Moving on though, Bratislava is no slacker when it comes to scoring, as they have multiple players who can put the puck into the back of the net. The best person to do so on this roster is @ng1291, who will be having his rookie season with the Watchmen, so all eyes are going to be on him. He'll also have @Dtayl helping him out, feeding him the puck all day, so we'll see what @ng1291 will be able to achieve this season with the Watchmen. Moving onto defense, this team is around average defensively, however they did pick up @BOOM, who is an absolute steal for the Watchmen in the draft. He was the leading scorer defensively in the VHLM last season, and he'll be looking to continue his dominance here in the E for a season. I think @BOOM is going to be one of the best defenseman in the league offensively, and he'll be helping to aid the team by putting the puck into the back of the net. Last, we have goaltending, which for sure is going to be led by @Donno100. The problem that arises with me for this team, is that their backup is in my eyes, a little bit below average skill wise, so I think @Donno100 is going to do a lot of the heavy lifting for the team. Honestly, I can see this team sliding into the top four very easily and I think a potential run in the playoffs as a dark horse is a very realistic possibility.

5. Cologne Express

Overall Offense Rating: 54.47 (7th)

Overall Defense Rating: 58.78 (5th)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 70.17 (5th)

Up next on the list, coming in at fifth is the Cologne Express. Honestly, this team seems like a pretty solid middle of the pack team. I feel like to be considered a potential contender this season, you're going to have to take down the Cologne Express, otherwise they'll gatekeep you from doing so. Offensively, this team is a bit lacking though according to the rating system. They have some solid superstar players, in @Johnny_HX and @Komaryk. I will say that personally, I think the rating system does this team dirty, because they have a ton of solid players offensively, and despite being ranked 7th, I feel like their offense is much better then it actually shows. The forwards for this team are fairly good, and they have solid depth, so I really personally don't think the rating offensively is correct for this team. Defensively, I feel like this team has some solid options too. Led by @ColeMrtz, the defensive core this team has put together is pretty solid. One thing I might think that is influence the offense rating, is the fact that this teams defensive core is extremely defensive minded, and they don't have much offense upside. Last, in between the pipes for this team is @Jericho who will be a solid starter, and @NickSunderbruch backing him up. I think this team has a great starter and backup, and in my eyes, this team is extremely underrated in the ratings. I could very well see this team potentially making a run in the playoffs honestly, despite their ratings being a little lower then most teams.

6. Geneva Rush

Overall Offense Rating: 57 (4th)

Overall Defense Rating: 54.3 (7th)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 73.25 (T-2nd)

Coming in at sixth on the rankings is the Geneva Rush. This team is down lower on the list for a reason, that I'll get to in a bit. First up, we have is the offense, which is sitting ranked at fourth in the league, around average. However, the more I look at this team offensively, it seems they really only have @PoignardLeclerc11 leading the charge, and they seriously lack some firepower in the league. This team has offensive depth, don't get me wrong, but they are lacking some firepower that I personally think will be the reason why they slide a bit further down in the rankings, but this isn't really the teams biggest problem, that's what I'm going to talk about next. Next up, is the teams defense, which is going to be their Achilles heel. This team doesn't have a superstar defenseman, and defensively, a lot of their defenseman have opted for more offensively minded builds, which is why their offense is rated higher. The best defensive minded defenseman they have is @Strider, who is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting for the team defensively, as teams will find scoring opportunities against the Rush. This team will score a lot of goals, but they're also going to let in a lot of goals. Last, the teams shining bright spot is their goaltending. This team despite having not the best defensive core still has exceptional goalies backstopping them. With probably the best 1A-1B duo in the league, @dustywilson22 and @Thunderidge will be looking to split time this season and attempt to try to carry this team to a potential playoff spot. In my eyes, I don't see this team being a contender, or doing too much this season, but I still think there is a small possibility they make playoffs and make some noise!

7. Rome Gladiators

Overall Offense Rating: 55.07 (6th)

Overall Defense Rating: 52 (8th)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 70.33 (4th)

Up next on the list is the Rome Gladiators, who slide into seventh place on the rankings. The reason these two teams are at the bottom, Rome Gladiators and Oslo Storm is because they are lacking complete rosters. I ended up not factoring in the bot's attributes in the rating system, otherwise Rome and Oslo would most likely be 7th/8th in every single rating. Regardless, Rome comes in with a very young lineup into the VHLE this season, and I fully expect them to be rebuilding. Offensively, they have a bunch of players who did great in the VHLM, names like @chikn and @NJDevils24. The biggest concern I have with this team offensively, is that they really lack any star player and while they have some depth, they really can't compete with some of the top teams at all and will get out played almost every night. Defensively, this team literally only currently has one rostered defenseman, that being @youloser1337. I guess there's nothing else to talk about on the defensive front, as they only have one defenseman! The best part about this team is their goalie, but again, they currently only have a single goalie on their roster, that being @G_Rush. We'll see what this team has planned for this season and if they can attempt to fill roster spots, but in my eyes this team is going to be at the bottom of the league and will not make it into the playoffs.

8. Oslo Storm

Overall Offense Rating: 52.9 (8th)

Overall Defense Rating: 54.6 (6th)

Overall Goaltending Rating: 66.67 (8th)

Sadly, someone has to sit at the bottom of the rankings, and coming in at eighth place is the Oslo Storm. Just like the Gladiators, this team doesn't have a full roster, and I must remind you that I didn't factor in the bot's attributes into the rating system. Let's talk about the team that they do have though! Offensively, this team has only four players, one of them being @Crstats23 who is going to be having to produce an absolute godlike season if this team wants to win any games. Again, this team has a couple okay depth players, but they're going to get ran over by almost any team in the league due to not having enough players and having to have bots fill the spaces. Defensively, this team has a singular defenseman in @Thunder, who will be their best defenseman this season without a doubt! I seriously feel bad for some of these players, as they're not going to have a great time this season and unfortunately, they'll just have to try and get through it. In net, they have a singular goalie, that being @InstantRockstar, who actually isn't rated that poorly. He'll have to pull out some Carey Price-like performances if the team wants to be able to find some wins this season. At the end of the day, this team will not be aiming for a playoff spot and I could see them trying to rebuild and attempt to put together a better team next season.

That'll be all folks! I put a ton of time into this and it took me multiple hours to produce this for you guys. I hope this brings some hype to the VHLE season, as I feel like there isn't enough VHLE content out there. Also, before I end this off, just remember that I am a first gen and I don't know much about the history of some of the players or organizations in the VHLE. I am going purely based off of TP and players I've interacted with around the community, so please keep that in mind. Thanks and I hope you guys enjoyed this article!

**EDIT: This has over 2000+ Words, will be claiming Weeks Ending in 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, and 5/15.**

Edited by badcolethetitan

if you write 2000 words a week for the whole season, you could claim VHLE power rankings for the rest of your career. that would be insane but i also could absolutely see you doing that out of sheer boredom

excellent work on this it looks really good and i definitely read like 3 of the sections and they were all great

PS istanbul criminally low but i know you couldn't buff us because of bias and all that blah blah blah but i know you know we're the best