HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

25 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

25 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

5. What's your pregame ritual?

@Sonnet, get your pitchfork.

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

Being the worst goalie in the VHL isn't enough?

2. Last season, we played New York seven times, going 5-2-0. What's our record against New York this season?

Considering we own them, why are we playing them?  0-0-0

3. Going off of that, a trade I made last season which was probably not the greatest one will end up very much in our favor if New York misses the playoffs. Is it likely, in your opinion, that they will?

yeah, it is New York

4. Also speaking of New York, last week I traded @Esso2264's Joel Ylonen, before he played a game for us. What happened in the locker room that made management hate him?

What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.  (thank god)

Get dressed

6. You own the naming rights to any OTHER league member's recreate. Who do you pick and what do you make them name their player?

Anthony Matthews - Player name Might E. Weenie

On 3/23/2020 at 12:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 3/29...

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

2. Last season, we played New York seven times, going 5-2-0. What's our record against New York this season?

3. Going off of that, a trade I made last season which was probably not the greatest one will end up very much in our favor if New York misses the playoffs. Is it likely, in your opinion, that they will?

4. Also speaking of New York, last week I traded @Esso2264's Joel Ylonen, before he played a game for us. What happened in the locker room that made management hate him?

6. You own the naming rights to any OTHER league member's recreate. Who do you pick and what do you make them name their player?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Esso2264 @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @ShawnGlade @Brrbisbrr

1. I make up the most bizarre pre game ritual and prank them

2. I have a weird feeling we are going to go 5-2 again

3. Im not too sure to be honest. They do have some solid talent but heres hoping they dont make it in

4. I can't answer that one. I was still in DC at the time

5. A chicken breast and 3 perogies. Head over to the rink and listen to some tunes. Thats about it.

6. I would pick @Cusemode and I would make his players name "Kylederek Ryanjared"

1. You recreate and get drafted into the VHLM! Some idiot GM like @Sonnet or @McWolf drags out the same "what's your pregame ritual" question that you see at least once every season. What do you do to get back at them?

I tell them Gustav never asked questions that dumb...are they interested in my playing ability or what I do to get ready?  Am I paid for what I do before a game or what I do during a game?  Then I tell them to ask me something important.

7-0.  We haven't lost to NY this season, so I'll go with that.

Well why don't we concern ourselves with making the playoffs rather than other teams not making it.  We weren't even included in the 'miss the playoffs' poll.  The higher ups are either expecting a miracle or have already written us off.

4. Also speaking of New York, last week I traded @Esso2264's Joel Ylonen, before he played a game for us. What happened in the locker room that made management hate him?

Nothing.  Joel was great!  The management just asked his magic 8 ball and listened to it again.

are you interested in my playing ability or what I do to get ready?  Am I paid for what I do before a game or what I do during a game?  Ask me something important.

Names are sacred.  I would never hold someone's naming rights.

For the week ending 4/5...

1. TIME TRAVEL NOISES. You are yourself, 5 years before you joined the league. Today's you suddenly appears, tells you about the VHL, and asks you to sign up. Are you interested, and do you do it?

2. New York is NOT off to a good start! What can we do to make it worse?

3. Who on our team is most likely to show up to a game drunk?

4. The team holds a cookout for charity. What do you make?

5. Our #1 goaltender and returning starter Samuel Ross has somewhat struggled, while our #2 guy Pekka Pouta has put up decent numbers, all things considered. Who do we trust most to take down New York in this coming run of sims?

6. How are you, in real life, affected by the current situation? Are you doing OK job-wise, time-wise, people-wise, all that stuff? What's changed for you?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Esso2264 @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr

21 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/5...

1. TIME TRAVEL NOISES. You are yourself, 5 years before you joined the league. Today's you suddenly appears, tells you about the VHL, and asks you to sign up. Are you interested, and do you do it?

5. Our #1 goaltender and returning starter Samuel Ross has somewhat struggled, while our #2 guy Pekka Pouta has put up decent numbers, all things considered. Who do we trust most to take down New York in this coming run of sims?

6. How are you, in real life, affected by the current situation? Are you doing OK job-wise, time-wise, people-wise, all that stuff? What's changed for you?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Esso2264 @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr

1. I mean.. probably.
2. We need to beat them every chance we can get.
3. Honestly, I cant see anyone on the team doing that. 

4. Oh boy.. im not much of a cook. I'd probably buy a cake or something.
5. I think both of them are good goalies, but we just need to ride the hot hand to pick up wins.
6. I've been doing alright, not much has changed for the most part.

Yes.

Why are we worried about others?  Why not trying to make our start better?

Gustav

Punch and Pie.  More people will come if there is punch and pie.

Why don't we look at who can help right the ship?  Perhaps Pekka needs to take a run and Ross needs to know that the job isn't just his.

Job-wise: I took an unpaid leave for this semester (still doing the odd supply work - two days a week), my wife is also a teacher, so we still have work.

Time-wise: The days seem to fly by pretty quickly with my two boys keeping us busy.

People-wise: I've got my family around me so I'm pretty good.  I wasn't that social, but the one thing I do miss is getting together for a games night.

Tough call, but I'd have to guess no.

Keep dominating them. In every way possible. Off ice, on ice, doesn't matter. Total Domination.

Pekka Pouta. No doubt.

I ain't no cook, so it'd be something simple. Something with pasta.

Samuel, he'll bounce back.

I'm good.

Yes and Yes

Beat Them

Gustav

Ribs or Brisket

Pekka

I'm on salary and my school district is closed until the end of the month, my GP put my wife and I on quarantine so we're good.  I've got 2 buddies that have all but recovered from Covid-19 while Joe Diffie died.  So one negative so far.

• Commissioner
On 3/30/2020 at 2:52 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Absolutely not. Was busy living in a loveless marriage at the time lol.

2. Consistently bashing Esso is a good start, but we really need to dominate them in a game or two this season.

3. The GM, have you seen this guys record? I'm surprised he even gets paid to be completely honest.

4. I'd roll up with the ole spit roast. Nothing like cooking a pig on an open flame.

5. Pekka has my vote, the numbers speak for themselves but he's also getting the nod against a terrible team so either should do just fine.

6. I'm doing fine, shifted all of my work to home and haven't really had any issues financially. Terrible time to be single though :(

For the week ending 4/12:

1. If you had a personal "goal song," what would it be?

2. Based on recent rebuilds and expansions, the future in Davos looks bright. Malmo took three seasons to be good, Seattle took two, Moscow took four, and most recent expansions DC and Prague are now good in their third season of existence. Let's take S69 as the "start" of the current rebuild, and call this the third season. Can we pull a Moscow and be a good team next season, or will it take longer than that?

3. You can wipe any one VHL team out of existence, for any reason. Who do you pick and why?

4. What's your favorite sport outside of hockey? Do you have any favorite teams in that sport?

5. It's recreate time and you're back in the VHLM. Who do you sign with?

6. Last week I asked you how life has changed for you during this whole quarantine thing, and I'm happy to hear you're all handling it well. This week I'm asking if anything has changed for you for the better. Do you find yourself with more free time? Are you keeping life fun? Have you picked up any hobbies or projects?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr

34 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

(IM DOIMG THIS BC SAN DIEGO’s WASNT UP!)

Uhh.. probably High Way To Hell-AC/DC

2. Based on recent rebuilds and expansions, the future in Davos looks bright. Malmo took three seasons to be good, Seattle took two, Moscow took four, and most recent expansions DC and Prague are now good in their third season of existence. Let's take S69 as the "start" of the current rebuild, and call this the third season. Can we pull a Moscow and be a good team next season, or will it take longer than that? I mean, we still have a lot of young and devolving players, such as Kulikovich, Bridges, Calia, and Davis, so I would say another season or two until we’re a top notch team, because they will hopefully be all around 900-1000 by then..

3. You can wipe any one VHL team out of existence, for any reason. Who do you pick and why? Probably Helsinki. Idk why, but I just have a few rivals on that team.

4. What's your favorite sport outside of hockey? Do you have any favorite teams in that sport? I like Football, american kind. My favorite team is the Buffalo Bills! LETS GO BUFFALO!

5. It's recreate time and you're back in the VHLM. Who do you sign with? 1. San Diego 2. Mexico City 3. Yukon.

6. Last week I asked you how life has changed for you during this whole quarantine thing, and I'm happy to hear you're all handling it well. This week I'm asking if anything has changed for you for the better. Do you find yourself with more free time? Are you keeping life fun? Have you picked up any hobbies or projects? I’ve been having a LOT of fun, and i’m enjoying life a lot right now. Pretty easy, and just relaxing.

6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

2. Based on recent rebuilds and expansions, the future in Davos looks bright. Malmo took three seasons to be good, Seattle took two, Moscow took four, and most recent expansions DC and Prague are now good in their third season of existence. Let's take S69 as the "start" of the current rebuild, and call this the third season. Can we pull a Moscow and be a good team next season, or will it take longer than that?

3. You can wipe any one VHL team out of existence, for any reason. Who do you pick and why?

4. What's your favorite sport outside of hockey? Do you have any favorite teams in that sport?

6. Last week I asked you how life has changed for you during this whole quarantine thing, and I'm happy to hear you're all handling it well. This week I'm asking if anything has changed for you for the better. Do you find yourself with more free time? Are you keeping life fun? Have you picked up any hobbies or projects?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr

1. I think it would have to be sweet caroline.

2. Thats the hope. But im not too sure honestly. I like the core guys here, and we are just getting better and better everyday.
3. D.C. No question. There GM is something else.

4. Im a big sports guy. I follow pretty much everything to be honest.

5. Id go with Philly again. I really enjoyed my time there.

6. Its hard to keep finding stuff to do, but im managing to do so for the most part. I have started working out to pass the time so thats a good thing I guess.

J. Karjalainen - Mennyt Mies

I don't think we're quite ready. We will be in the mix next season, but winning big will take longer.

Helsinki Titans. They suck, never liked 'em. Helsinki can f off for all I care.

Football. Barcelona! Vamos Barca!

A team with good people playing for them.

Too much free time. No live sports either, which sucks big time.

Somewhere over the rainbow - Judy Garland

Yes, I think things will turn around (they have to), just will I be here much longer?

Davos - Too close to sounding like Davros (I always think 'exterminate' when I say Davos in my head

Soccer and no.  It's too boring to watch/I'm too analytical when I watch it, I just play it.  I also like baseball (listening more than watching) and the CFL.

Whoever wants me.  I just want to play.  Plus I have a good history in the VHLM :)

6. Last week I asked you how life has changed for you during this whole quarantine thing, and I'm happy to hear you're all handling it well. This week I'm asking if anything has changed for you for the better. Do you find yourself with more free time? Are you keeping life fun? Have you picked up any hobbies or projects?

Well maybe a bit more free time, my wife is back doing the distance learning thing so I get more of the evenings to myself (we do try to hang out and watch some tv afterwards, but the schools are just starting up so she wants to get a good start).

We are just as busy as ever, with the nicer weather we are out in the yard more (makes it so much easier to get the boys to sleep when they have been outside all day).

I am missing games night and I don't get to listen to as much podcasts as I was before.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:53 PM, GustavMattias said:

The Sanford and Son theme

I think we can make the playoffs next season.  We're 1 or 2 goal scorers away from being higher in the standings

New York because we can't let a week go by without taking a shot at NY

Baseball- Atlanta Braves Basketball- Denver Nuggets

Not Mexico City

I'm not much of a hobby guy, I've gotten to play more with my EASHL team and spending more time with my wife.

• Commissioner

Hell Yeah - Rev Theory, it was the Jets old goal song when they came back and just really hits for me.

I think it'll take longer, with Matthews hitting regression and no up and coming goaltender there's going to be some work that needs to be done before we can be competitive.

New York just because of Esso. Also a team in NY would never hire a french GM so it makes sense.

Probably tennis, I don't watch any other team sports except for the CFL really. Mainly follow Shapovalov and Andreescu.

Anyone but Dil I think, whoever is looking like a contender for that season.

I've been spending a lot more time playing guitar and video games on my own, the weather here has been limiting going outside to much and it's snowed up until a few days ago. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the motorcycle soon.

Casey Jones of course.

I think there is a good chance next season will be huge.

New York would be gone. They are too good when it counts.

I follow competitive "Yelling". Of course my favorite team is the Loud family, although the Tourette team has it's moments.

Whatever team has the best fit for my player.

6. Last week I asked you how life has changed for you during this whole quarantine thing, and I'm happy to hear you're all handling it well. This week I'm asking if anything has changed for you for the better. Do you find yourself with more free time? Are you keeping life fun? Have you picked up any hobbies or projects?

My whole family is doing well still. I have a few projects that I have on my mind. First and foremost, I am going to jump my Harley over the Grand Canyon.

For the week ending 4/19:

1. You get to fire me as GM and replace me with ANY other member of the league. Who do you pick?

2. Last week, @Proto became a filthy deserter when he left to go run the VHLM's Las Vegas Aces. What do you buy him as a going-away present?

3. You get an all-expenses-paid trip to any country on Earth. Where do you go and what do you do?

4. In between losing games, the team likes to host events--whether it's a community service project or a meet-and-greet with fans, there's always something going on. What's your idea for something that will draw in more people and expand our fanbase?

5. I was recently hired as a member of the BoG! What can I do to represent you, the players?

6. What's your most creative move in the shootout?

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr @xDParK

1. You get to fire me as GM and replace me with ANY other member of the league. Who do you pick?

@Victor

2. Last week, @Proto became a filthy deserter when he left to go run the VHLM's Las Vegas Aces. What do you buy him as a going-away present?

Poker chips and wish him good luck, he'll need it.

3. You get an all-expenses-paid trip to any country on Earth. Where do you go and what do you do?

Montreal, Canada. Enjoy the town I've wanted to visit for a long time.

4. In between losing games, the team likes to host events--whether it's a community service project or a meet-and-greet with fans, there's always something going on. What's your idea for something that will draw in more people and expand our fanbase?

Expanding social media presence would be a good start. A fun mascot like Gritty would awesome too.

5. I was recently hired as a member of the BoG! What can I do to represent you, the players?

Maybe actually listen to the people :D

Avoiding it at all costs.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/19:

@Anthony Matthews @RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Snussu @Brrbisbrr @xDParK

1. Kyle Andersen. Family first.

2. We were supposed to get him a going away present? Oops.

3. I would probably go some place warm, I've always wanted to go Hawaii.

4. I think a big bbq would be a good idea. Always a big fan of some hot dogs and the sun.

5. I have no clue what that is to be honest. Wish I could answer.

6. Im not too creative in the shootout to be honest. I just shoot wherever there's room.

Why would I fire you?

2. Last week, @Proto became a filthy deserter when he left to go run the VHLM's Las Vegas Aces. What do you buy him as a going-away present?

Buy him?  He owes me.

Wakanda - they would have COVID-19 beat already.

dunk tank.  Proto and Gustav are in it.

Get me more free TPE!

The Jimmy Dolan Shake n' bake..

First you think I"m going to go left, so I indicate left. 

But you know I'm not going to go with my first move, not with this thing on my leg.  So now, I go left again.

Am I going to fast for you?

2nd stage:

You think I'm trying to sell you on my right side, but what I'm really doing... (goes through legs and scores)

On 12/13/2018 at 2:07 AM, ShawnGlade said:

1. What are your expectations for Davos in S64?

2. Looking at the S64 draft class, who stands out the most?

3. Which team do you think has the best shot at a cup this season?

4. What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?

5. Who do you predict to win the rookie of the year award?

6. Which team do you think will finish bottom of the standings this season?

1. I think they're gonna still suck like every year.

2. Nobody they all sucked.

3. Toronto has a decent chance.

4. I want to be assist per game.

5. I think Roque Davis has  a good chance at this point.

6. New York like every year.