Seattle Bears Press Conference

:sea: Bana's Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

1. What are your thoughts on Vancouver winning the VHL? index

2. What are your thoughts on Miami winning the VHLM? index

3. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding Kyl Oferson ( @Nykonax player page

4. What do you think about Odin Omdahl becoming Captain?

5. Do you miss Hulk Hogan? What do you think he's doing in retirement? @TXC

6. Do you miss Berocka Sundqvist? What do you think he's doing in retirement?

7. @gregreg was traded to Toronto. When he got there he did the most Canadian thing ever. What did he do?

8. What were your thoughts on the Bears draft? Draft

9. What is something that makes you happy?

10. What is something you like about the VHL?

11. What is something that you find difficult about the VHL?

12. If you could improve something on the portal, what would it be? Portal

13. What are your expectations for this season for your player?

Feel free to use these questions to answer for multiple weeks - following the press conference rules below "Bana's Quick Q's.  :cheers:

@Ricer13 @MexicanCow123  @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug @Nykonax  @Walter Fizz @aksuko @Hasek_77 @FeenixxRIsing  @-_____- @TheFattyMichel @drewowo @Pythonic @Jayrad28

I was secretly hoping Helsinki would win as I started the season there, but in all honesty I do like Vancouver as a team as well, so fun finals for me personally as I would not mind seeing both win it. After Seattle of course ;)

Cant open the index right now? But I still say that Miami and the hockey fans living down there deserves to get success. Its good for hockey too as slightly more exotic teams and locations win it all.

3. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding Kyl Oferson ( @Nykonax player page

Good addition I'd say, Ofersson likes to shoot and score, so he should be a valuable player for The Bears especially on the powerplay and as we know deadly powerplay goes a long way. Excited to see how the season starts.

Odin deserves it, he has been with the team for long time, a true teamplayer!

5. Do you miss Hulk Hogan? What do you think he's doing in retirement? @TXC

Miss is a strong word,  but there is no denying the fact that he was key player in the team for years and years, cant just go and find similar player from somewhere as there is none. Legendary player and his skills will be missed by everybody in Seattle.

I think Berocka and Hogan are up to no good, they were the wild boys on the ice while playing so would not surprise me if we learn at some point in the near future that Berocka and Hogan have started a rap group or a podcast where they talk about their favorite things such as cellying with and without pants, the subtle differences that goes into both, etc.

7. @gregreg was traded to Toronto. When he got there he did the most Canadian thing ever. What did he do? Went to Tim Hortons in a zamboni?

8. What were your thoughts on the Bears draft? Looks like we did a good job reloading for the future. Looking forward to seeing our new players in action 

9. What is something that makes you happy? When one of my dogs just lays his head on my lap

10. What is something you like about the VHL? I enjoy the people in the community. Many awesome users here 

11. What is something that you find difficult about the VHL?  It’s very hard to get excited just looking at a box score

12. If you could improve something on the portal, what would it be? If GMs could set their lines and strats on the portal instead of using sths

13. What are your expectations for this season for your player? Solid defensive play. Lots of fighting and hitting too 

Happy for them, If we dont win then i dont really care who wins, what team is a bear supposed to hate?

Happy that Rice got the cup.  If Uhtreds alumni San Deigo cant win than having a Rice win is the next best option

3. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding Kyl Oferson ( @Nykonaxplayer page

Hes a great acquisition and will help us win another cup.  He was also a great teammate in the minors with the marlins so its great to play with him 

Hes the perfect choice.  He has been a great Bear over the years and is our leader back on the blue line

5. Do you miss Hulk Hogan? What do you think he's doing in retirement? @TXC

Yes, he was a beast on the blue line and did everything to help us win.  How can you not missing playing with legends like him and Breocka

Yes he was great back there and an even better teammate.  He is probably enjoying retirement on a beach in Australia

As a player who spent their whole career with this team prior, I am happy to see them finding success again. 

Very, very happy that a legitimate team won the cup

3. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding Kyl Oferson ( @Nykonaxplayer page

Nyko is my boy, I hate that we lost Greg, but Nyko is a good user, Oferson a great player, no brainer. 

Well deserved in every sense of the word, oh captain, my captain :)

5. Do you miss Hulk Hogan? What do you think he's doing in retirement? @TXC

I will always miss Hulk, great guy :( probably yelling "brother" at everyone walking down the street

Berocka is also severely missed, he's a bit more questionable on what he's doing, secretive player haha. 

7. @gregreg was traded to Toronto. When he got there he did the most Canadian thing ever. What did he do?

Probably grabbed a Timmies and strapped on the skates at a pond. 

Excellent, as always. A good crop of players that we need. 

You

The diversity and the overall experience, always had a blast here. 

Cheaters

I'd love to see something that the EFL/SBA just implemented, it allows GM's to track the progress of their players via a button, you can see their updates, last update, how much they earn on average, last activity, etc. As a GM I think this would be neat, and also it allows you to look at other teams' players and draftees. 

None, I just let it go with the flow. 

Bears did a good job in the draft. I like the players who seattle acquired. 

The updater who is approving this update, thanks bud, took you long enough. 

I like the community it forms. I've met so many amazing people because of this league, i am very thankful for this community. 

Without getting into to much depth, simply MANAGEMENT. Thats all im going to say on it rn, maybe some more coming in a Podcast this week?!?!?!?!?! 

I think the portal is ran pretty good, i don't know how difficult it would be to make sure it runs smooth on the draft, but that would be it.

I expect to be a top 3 goalie. Seattle is a good team and i know we'll perform. 

Press Conference Rules

14. What is something you're looking forward to in the next little while?

15. What are your thoughts on the Bears hot start?

16. What are your thoughts on how Jacob Tonn has played?

17. Who have been the Bears best players?

18. How has Nyko, or Kyl Oferson, done on the Bears so far?

19. What do you think @TXC is getting up to?

20. @iRockstar was seen sneaking around the locker room and looked guilty... what did he do?

21. @zepheter hosted the team for dinner. What did he and his family cook for us? How was it?

22. @oilmandan is turning into a good player.. Weird... Is it Roids? Veggies? What's his secret?

23. @a_Ferk is in the next Victory Fighting Championship... who is his opponent? Who wins?

24. @jRuutu was recently featured in a magazine for how hot his start was. He was seen riding an animal while fighting something. DESCRIBE the cover!

25. What did you have for supper?

Feel free to use these questions to answer for multiple weeks - following the press conference rules below "Bana's Quick Q's.  :cheers:

@Ricer13 @MexicanCow123  @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug @Nykonax @Walter Fizz @aksuko @Hasek_77 @FeenixxRIsing  @-_____- @TheFattyMichel @drewowo @Pythonic @Jayrad28

7. @gregreg was traded to Toronto. When he got there he did the most Canadian thing ever. What did he do?

As its the holidays now he went to Swiss chalet for dinner to get the festive special with a poutine while drinking a Canadian (horrible beer but on theme).  He hit up Tim Hortons for a double double on the way home and then grabbed donuts at San Remo bakery, the best donuts in the city. 

When the bears win games and cups.  Uhtred playing well is great but the W's are what matters 

Watching my player develop and win games and cups.  There are also a lot of great teammates who are great to talk to. 

I need to at least match last year's 100 points.  It would be great to score 50 goals to improve on last season 41.  The biggest expectation is to win the cup this year to keep Uhtred's every second season cup run going. 

Our baby being born.  I can't believe we made it to full term after my wife's hospital stay at the end of September.  

It's amazing.  It's not just a couple players that have lead us to this great start it's the whole team.  We have a ton of players in the top 10 scoring and owned the plus minus category prior to today's terrible sim. 

Edited by leafsman

14. What is something you're looking forward to in the next little while? Hoping that work keeps busy so that I can get some good checks before Christmas 

15. What are your thoughts on the Bears hot start? Was there any doubt? We just keep rolling 

16. What are your thoughts on how Jacob Tonn has played? Rayz Funk who? He’s been really good. Glad we’re playing well in front of him 

17. Who have been the Bears best players? Randy Marsh of course! Man is playing possessed 

18. How has Nyko, or Kyl Oferson, done on the Bears so far? He’s been a great addition so far. Good LR guy too

19. What do you think @TXC is getting up to? I’m not sure. Maybe he started painting in his apartment?

20. @iRockstar was seen sneaking around the locker room and looked guilty... what did he do? Probably dropped an upper decker in the bathroom 

7. @gregreg was traded to Toronto. When he got there he did the most Canadian thing ever. What did he do?

Used the word ''eh''  three times while saying only 15 words.

Pretty good draft for the Bears I'd say, did not have too many early picks but scouting team managed to find some later round gems who could play in Seattle in the near future, all you can ask for from a VHL draft really.

Little run outside when the weather is nice, good stuff.

I like to build players, the whole process of starting from juniors and hopefully making it into the star level is usually a fun experience.

Maybe figuring out topics for media spots, sometimes its difficult, especially if your own player is not doing so well.

Hmm, I like the portal a lot but maybe they could add some kind of media spot ''idea tank'' where users from VHL can give some fun topics to write about.

Looking forward to the trade deadline, i think seattle might be looking at a few things and that's coming in the next few weeks.

Its been fun. Really happy with how the teams playing. Good job bears! 

Guys a god, an absolute LEGEND. People should praise him like they hate on Vancouver. 

I don't think there is really one person whos stood out, the whole team has been amazing.

He's done fantastic. I'm really enjoyed his presence in the Looker Room and how he's performed on the ice.

19. What do you think @TXC is getting up to?

Smoking some weed down in Hawaii with a ton of women. 

Nothing major, I would like to hit over 300 times. If I get career high in points that would be awesome stuff. Previous best is 60 something points, I think.

Well, some snow would be nice. Otherwise it's really dark over here, snow would light up the vibe and bring some light into our Finnish lives.

Good stuff I must say, I was not expecting such a great start to the season. These early wins might come handy at the end, but of course lets keep it up and keep on winning more games!

I think Tonn has played well, he has faced fair number of shots but still he has been able to keep the puck out of the net more often than not. Helped us to win this many games, so Tonn has been a key piece.

Everybody has been doing their part, but if I shall name few. Brown leads the team in scoring with 21 goals, he has been on fire. Marsh and Omdalh in D has been good as well, they play in different pairs but they have over 20 points each. That support offensively from defenders is huge.

33 points in 28 games is rather nice, perhaps as a sniper he feels like he could have more goals, but 14 goals with 137 shots is solid. Especially in a team that has deep looking offensive core.

21. @zepheter hosted the team for dinner. What did he and his family cook for us? How was it? We had chicken pot pie. Was delicious. Pies the size of plates

22. @oilmandan is turning into a good player.. Weird... Is it Roids? Veggies? What's his secret? American beer, fighting other dads in the stands and Tegridy weed and Rocky Mountain Cocaine

23. @a_Ferk is in the next Victory Fighting Championship... who is his opponent? Who wins? Joe Biden. Ferk wins by a knockout in the 12th round after he gets tired of Biden trying to kiss all the kids in the crowd

24. @jRuutu was recently featured in a magazine for how hot his start was. He was seen riding an animal while fighting something. DESCRIBE the cover! He was riding a grizzly bear as he plays for the bears. And he was fighting a wolf from Vancouver 

25. What did you have for supper? Pizza 73. Was disappointing as usual but it filled a hole. 

my own question

who ends up being the big surprise this VHL season?

On 11/23/2020 at 8:29 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

14. What is something you're looking forward to in the next little while? Apparently there is another run on tp and paper towels, so the hunt must begin again...

20. @iRockstar was seen sneaking around the locker room and looked guilty... what did he do? Sorry - Snitches get stitches

21. @zepheter hosted the team for dinner. What did he and his family cook for us? How was it? Prime rib, twice baked potato, asparagus with a creamy hollandaise sauce, maple glazed carrots and for dessert baked alaska. We are still doing sprints trying to work everything off.

22. @oilmandan is turning into a good player.. Weird... Is it Roids? Veggies? What's his secret? Said his prayers and ate his vitamins.

23. @a_Ferk is in the next Victory Fighting Championship... who is his opponent? Who wins? Nate Robinson. @a_Ferk by KO in the 3rd round

25. What did you have for supper? Lemon pepper wings I made myself. Yumm-my!

Feel free to use these questions to answer for multiple weeks - following the press conference rules below "Bana's Quick Q's.  :cheers:

@Ricer13 @MexicanCow123  @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug @Nykonax @Walter Fizz @aksuko @Hasek_77 @FeenixxRIsing  @-_____- @TheFattyMichel @drewowo @Pythonic @Jayrad28

Press Conference Rules

26. Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? If so, what are some? 😮 

27. What are your thoughts on your players play so far this season?

28. Why did the Bears cool down?

29. What is the magical fix that is needed?

30. Who is the leagues MVP so far?

31. What team is the biggest surprise?

32. Will Davos make the playoffs? How much would you bet?

33. What are you having for supper tonight?

34. Kyl Oferson wants "extras" in his next extension. This could be cars, boats, choocolate, whatever. What would you chip in? @Nykonax

35. Your player was recently in the news. What for?

26. Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? If so, what are some? 

Bought the whole family PS5's cause we a gaming family out here. 

Quite impressed for a sub-500 d-man to be in his rookie year and obtaining this many points

Seems like a lot of line changes

Better lines ;)

Gonna say Dood, but Uhtred is right on his trail! 

United maybe? 

Do pigs fly? 

Pasta on pasta on pasta

34. Kyl Oferson wants "extras" in his next extension. This could be cars, boats, choocolate, whatever. What would you chip in? @Nykonax

Nothing, man wants to be here, sign boi ;)

Popping bottles in the club like an irresponsible boy. 

26. Have you bought any Christmas presents yet? If so, what are some? 😮 

Yah all our Christmas shopping is done. My kids were spoiled. Ski passes, toys, games, spoiled I tell ya.

My player has been slowly consistent. No real flashes of dominance but steady and consistent.

Hard to say. There is always ups and downs in the season but we are really catching our stride again.

Patience. Our team is one of the best in the league. I wouldn’t change a ton of things but just remain patient and trust the process.

Going to have to say Jacques Lafontaine. His numbers are top tier and he’s the reason Calgary is doing so well.

Chicago has been a surprise. They’ve played competitive all season and it’s nice to see an expansion team start to do well.

Edited by Ricer13

Yes, well my wife got gifts for our niece and nephew.  Still need to get something for my wife.  Open to suggestions

He's playing about as well as expected.  Was hoping to be in the top 10 in scoring and so far so good 

Because to win a Cup we apparently need to have a slow period.  In the past they would be the beginning of the season but now it's mid season

Timothy Brown.  That guy does it all and is a great teammate as well

I had lasagna tonight.  Family has been dropping off food to help with the newborn

34. Kyl Oferson wants "extras" in his next extension. This could be cars, boats, choocolate, whatever. What would you chip in? @Nykonax

Some horses from uhtred's estate in bebb would be a good gift.  Maybe he can throw in some swords the family acquired over the years.

Edited by leafsman

Pretty solid so far, well over point per game. Would like to have few more hits maybe, but overall I'm pleased!

We are humble Bears. Yea we like to eat a lot, but might as well leave something for other animals in the forest, you know?

More shots and bodies to the net. Perhaps we try too cute plays at times, which is not so surprising when you have so much talent in the roster, but gotta keep it simple sometimes.

I'll say Brown as well, first to hit 30 goals. He also has 150 hits, so true powerforward!

Warsaw or London maybe, fairly new teams and both have 23 wins out of 40 or so games. They could both make it into playoffs this year.

This is a tough one, European division is getting tighter and tighter. I say they will but it will be in the last sims of the season. I will bet 2cm of my mullet, if they do not make it I will trim my mullet a little bit.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

1.I’m actually running way behind on that this year due to the financial strain of Covid, But I have the wife done so that’s good 

2.Somewhat disappointing, but whatever, I’m playing on a deep team and barely staying ppg

3.It was bound to happen, they’ll heat up again 🔥

4.No magic fix, maybe a trade, but they have a deep team and this will sort itself out.

5. Tough call, they’res no real VHL MVP so far, Andrew su or Timothy brown

6.Probably Warsaw, I was expecting London but Warsaw has been deadly this season.

Press Conference Rules

VHL Index

VHLM Index

36. What's something you're looking forward to?

37. 2020 has had it's challenges. What are some good things that have happened for you?

38. What is Timothy Brown doing to make himself so good? @a_Ferk

39. What are your thoughts on this Christmas' VHL Charity and Auction? HERE: Link

40. Aksu Maronen has a 4-1-0 record this season for LVA. What are your thoughts on him so far with the Bears? @aksuko

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? @Jayrad28

42. Who has been the biggest surprise in the VHLM (teams)?

43. Who has been the biggest surprise in the VHL (teams)?

44. Logan Moore @drewowo is getting initiated at the next Bears party. What happens to him?

45. @Pythonic calls you on the phone with something urgent. What is it?

46. @-_____- came out with a song. What's the songs name and who features on it?

Edited by Banackock

10 hours ago, Banackock said:

37. 2020 has had it's challenges. What are some good things that have happened for you?

38. What is Timothy Brown doing to make himself so good? @a_Ferk

39. What are your thoughts on this Christmas' VHL Charity and Auction? HERE: Link

40. Aksu Maronen has a 4-1-0 record this season for LVA. What are your thoughts on him so far with the Bears? @aksuko

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? @Jayrad28

36. I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my kiddos in our new home.

37. We bought our first house, work has been steady.

38. Good Karma. He is always positive and has been for past seasons and STHS is shining a well deserved light on his player.

39. I love it. Anything that raises money for a good cause is well worth it. Amazing how well the auctions are doing too.

40. Aksu has had a solid few games and I think next season we will really see him shine.

41. Ryker is a gem. This guy eat sleeps and breathes hockey. It’s nice to see him doing well and I think he is definitely ready to make the jump to Seattle.

Edited by Ricer13

Some people love opening gifts - I love giving. I'm really excited for the girlfriend to open hers this year!

Girlfriend was cleared of cancer for now. Lots of fishing. Good year "overall" at work. Quit smoking.

40. Aksu Maronen has a 4-1-0 record this season for LVA. What are your thoughts on him so far with the Bears? @aksuko

I think if he keeps up the good work, he has a good, fun career ahead of himself. He has put in some nice work and has improved since we took him on in Seattle. Honestly, if he starts doing a few more tasks each week it'll be even better. He may be the main guy in LVA next season?

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? @Jayrad28

Jayrad told me he was going to be a steal and be better than his last and I am going to hold him to that. So far, he's doing a very good job. Keep up the great work!

43. Who has been the biggest surprise in the VHL (teams)?

I'd probably say Chicago. Maybe Warsaw? Both are above where they actually should be. Knowing the STHS, one of the two will win the cup. 

45. @Pythonic calls you on the phone with something urgent. What is it?

Oh wow, he's trying to figure out how to do more weekly tasks. WOW Pythonic, I'm so proud of you ;)

46. @-_____- came out with a song. What's the songs name and who features on it?

Franny - Franz Ferdinand Ft. Justin Bieber and Joyner Lucas