Seattle Bears Press Conference

35. Your player was recently in the news. What for?

Probably for archaeologist finding some ancient artifacts from his lands in bebbanburg.  There's alot of important moments back in the middle ages.

36. What's something you're looking forward to?

I am looking forward to Christmas eventhough it will be very different this year. At least the office is still closed so will enjoy that time off.  

37. 2020 has had it's challenges. What are some good things that have happened for you?

The birth of my son.  Most people hate 2020 but he makes 2020 a good year.

38. What is Timothy Brown doing to make himself so good? @a_Ferk

His hard work is paying off. He's always worked his ass of and is a pleasure to play with.  He's a great player and it's great to see his success.

39. What are your thoughts on this Christmas' VHL Charity and Auction? 

I Think it's a great thing the league does and I will participate every year.  I don't really care about the auction but will definately make a donation if this is an annual tradition now.

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? @Jayrad28

Yeah I think he will fit in well here.  We have a great group of forwards and uhtred will be there to give his veteran advice if he wants it.

19. What do you think @TXC is getting up to?

Hogan is propably helping older ladies walk over the street. With helping I mean he is carrying them and quite often without the ladies necessarily even wanting to go to the other side, but Hogan is a gentleman who is there to help.

20. @iRockstar was seen sneaking around the locker room and looked guilty... what did he do?

Could be anything really, but my first guess is him adding his Josh Groban cd into the music player, so the day starts with Groban. He is a massive Groban fan after all.

21. @zepheter hosted the team for dinner. What did he and his family cook for us? How was it?

Omdahl is from Ireland, so potates in various forms - obviously. I especially enjoyed the mashed potatoes with some meat sauce and potato salad. That is tasty stuff and something I ate a lot when I was younger. Nowadays I'm too lazy to cook such a dish myself, but I like it.

22. @oilmandan is turning into a good player.. Weird... Is it Roids? Veggies? What's his secret?

I heard oilmandan only eats raw meat. Carnivore diet or something like that. Seems to be working really well so far. He said the key is to massage the meat before cooking, he said it makes it just right.

23. @a_Ferk is in the next Victory Fighting Championship... who is his opponent? Who wins?

Ferk goes against TXC! Really uneven matchup when you look at the size difference between Hogan and Brown, but oh boy is it a good show. Hogan makes a big entrance and Brown as a superstar naturally brings fire into the house.  Ferk is in his prime, so I will say he manages to win somehow.

24. @jRuutu was recently featured in a magazine for how hot his start was. He was seen riding an animal while fighting something. DESCRIBE the cover!

No pants on, he was wearing a Seattle jersey and a cowboy hat. The animal was a donkey, he had one arm holding on to the mane of the donkey. Meanwhile, the other hand was wildly swinging towards Gary Tarantino of Prague. Gary is the leagues most active fighter so far in the season, Bob a good second.

Edited by jRuutu

20. iRockstar was seen sneaking around the locker room and looked guilty... what did he do?

He pulled a prank on all of us before practice. He hollowed out all of our sticks and put water in them. What a nasty guy he is.

21. zepheter hosted the team for dinner. What did he and his family cook for us? How was it?

He made Steak and Baked potatoes. The teams favorite meal. Who doesn't like steak and potatoes.

22. oilmandan is turning into a good player.. Weird... Is it Roids? Veggies? What's his secret?

His just a super talented young man. Trains hard every practice, shows up on time, always ready to go. He's always wanting to learn and get better.

23. a_Ferk is in the next Victory Fighting Championship... who is his opponent? Who wins?

Probably beats up someone on Calgary. We've never gotten along with them. 

24. JRuutu was recently featured in a magazine for how hot his start was. He was seen riding an animal while fighting something. DESCRIBE the cover!

Not to great at describing things. All I remember is he was riding a cow and I think they were fighting a giraffe. Pretty ez win for Ruutu.

25. What did you have for supper?

What do you think. Steak and potatoes. Damn you guys are stupid some days.

:sea: Bana's Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

VHL Index

VHLM Index

47. What are your quarantine plans for Christmas?

48. What do you want for Christmas?

49. What did you get someone for Christmas?

50. What are some things you like about Christmas?

51. What is your favorite food at Christmas?

52. Do you believe in @VHL Santa?

53. Thoughts on the regular season for the VHL?

54. Thoughts on the regular season for the VHLM?

55. Thoughts on Seattle's Season?

56. How do you think we'll do in playoffs?

57. What's your favorite snack? :P 

Feel free to use these questions to answer for multiple weeks - following the press conference rules below "Bana's Quick Q's.  :cheers:

@Ricer13 @MexicanCow123  @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug @Nykonax @Walter Fizz @aksuko @Hasek_77 @FeenixxRIsing  @-_____- @TheFattyMichel @drewowo @Pythonic @Jayrad28

47. What are your quarantine plans for Christmas? We are having my dad's parents over, but other than that we are just staying home.

48. What do you want for Christmas? I asked for a new desk chair. Mine is pretty worn.

49. What did you get someone for Christmas? My parents told me not to get them anything haha. That was nice. We're not going anywhere so christmas shopping was easy this year.

50. What are some things you like about Christmas? Food, presents and seeing the family. Christmas is my favorite holiday and it isn't close.

51. What is your favorite food at Christmas? Turkey, but every christmas eve we used to go to my grandma's house and she'd make a whole table full of appetizers. Chicken wings, motza sticks, stuff like that. Will miss that this year.

56. How do you think we'll do in playoffs? With how sus we've been as of late, I'm dreading playoffs.

28. Why did the Bears cool down?
Because we are Bears. Sure, we are killers and aggressive, but we can be cute and friendly. Sometimes you need to let others think they have a chance. Then the aggressivenes killers strike.

29. What is the magical fix that is needed?
Tough to say, powerplay can never be too good. Every goal is big in this league, so if we can get the powerplay to fire at even higher rate, that could help.

30. Who is the leagues MVP so far?
Right now I'll say Andrew Su, because he is the first to hit 100 points. He can score and make the plays.

31. What team is the biggest surprise?
Warsaw perhaps. Seeing them second in Europe right now is bit of a surprise. Especially when you look how tight the whole division is, but they have played well.

32. Will Davos make the playoffs? How much would you bet?
Five points from it and they have played 2 more than teams above, so its not looking good, but there is still a chance. I would bet 10 euros on them making it. Odds are high and Davos has a good team, I could win big if they make it!

33. What are you having for supper tonight?
Some meat and pasta, the cornerstone of my food pyramid.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:00 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

VHL Index

VHLM Index

Feel free to use these questions to answer for multiple weeks - following the press conference rules below "Bana's Quick Q's.  :cheers:

@Ricer13 @MexicanCow123  @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug @Nykonax @Walter Fizz @aksuko @Hasek_77 @FeenixxRIsing  @-_____- @TheFattyMichel @drewowo @Pythonic @Jayrad28

57. Water and Creatine.

56. Idk, haven't checked on you.

55. Good job guys ;).

52. Yeah, santas real whoever says anything else dies.

51. Stuffing, shit taste good.

48. Pain.

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? Yeah, he'll be a nice pickup for next season.

52. Do you believe in @VHL SantaNope.

53. Thoughts on the regular season for the VHL? LA is bad lmao.

54. Thoughts on the regular season for the VHLM? I'm thinking it's going to be a Philly and Mexico final, with how dominant they were.

55. Thoughts on Seattle's Season? We did good to start, and then fell off hard which is big sad.

57. What's your favorite snack? :P I guess chips

Edited by a_Ferk

- had a nice fam dinner, close get together with the pandemic, all bubbles ❤️ 

- Happiness and the pandemic to end

- Got my fam their mortgage paid off for! 

- Being with family, being together, giving gifts, seeing smiles

- Turkey all day

52. Do you believe in @VHL Santa?

- Always have, always will 

- Not too shabby tbh, had a great rookie season

- GO Marlins, that is all

- Happy with the team efforts and the grind! 

- We will win it all somehow, I believe!

57. What's your favorite snack? :P 

- Anything with chocolate and peanuts haha. 

36. What's something you're looking forward to?

Summer! Sunshines and hopefully warm weather, should be fun.

37. 2020 has had it's challenges. What are some good things that have happened for you?

Hmmm, nothing too wild or interesting. Same old same old, which is good on its own during these times.

38. What is Timothy Brown doing to make himself so good? @a_Ferk

He puts one skate in front of the other and just keeps at it. Never stops, one of the better skaters in the league. Not just speed but the way he uses his blades, tough player to defend against.

39. What are your thoughts on this Christmas' VHL Charity and Auction? HERE: Link

Great stuff! Always nice to see people helping out

40. Aksu Maronen has a 4-1-0 record this season for LVA. What are your thoughts on him so far with the Bears? @aksuko

Potential is there. Maronen needs to keep working hard and one day he will be a VHL player!

41. Ryker has 61 points in 57 games for MIA. Think he's ready for the big leagues? @Jayrad28

I'd say so, point per game is solid total and shows that Ryker has the tools to make things happen.

52. Do you believe in @VHL Santa?

Ofcourse, Why wouldn't I? What are you trying to get at here? Is there something I don't know?

STHS is F***ed. Should have been a better season for us but it is what it is. Time to focus on the future.

I repeat, STHS is f***ed. However there were a lot of good teams and the playoffs are going to be a  blood bath.

The complete opposite of what I expected. Which is why I repeat STHS is F***ed. We will be back better next season.

Oof. I though we would do better but sometimes STHS is has a mind of its own and that is why STHS is F***ed.

57. What's your favorite snack? :P 

I love Chicken Wings. Buffalo wings are my favorite but I will try any kinds and any array of spicyness. Gimme all dem wings.

Had a small dinner with the in-laws.  Only did one gathering and much smaller due to focus. 

Money and some form of alcohol and i ended up getting both

Got my wife some bath relaxation supplies so she can unwind from dealing with work and our baby.

The food and spending time with family which didn't really happen this year with covid. Also our office shuts down from Christmas Eve until after new years so that's also what I look forward to.

My in-laws do the Christmas Eve Italian fish meal which is Good.  Didn't have dinner with on Christmas day with my parents but that's normal mashed potatoes turkey and ham.

We were terrible.  I thought we had a great shot this year and this ended uhtred's everyother season cup streak.

No quarantine for me. I live in an area free from covid, so you can't hold me back. Paaarrrttttaaayyyy!!!

Peace on earth and a cure for covid. Wait, that's probably what Miss USA said.

Money and alcohol. Life's only two actual necessities.

I guess spending time with family is OK, but I enjoy the few days off a little more if I'm being honest.

Leg ham or roast pork. Seafood is also big down here, but it's more of a luxury for me. 

I'm not sure how to answer this diplomatically. It wasn't a great series against Chicago. Sorry.

I think so, all my friends say it's something the commissioners made up but how else would you get raffle tickets?

My player had his best season yet and my team made playoffs, so I'd say pretty good

Disappointing Miami had an unfortunate placement especially since we ended up playing SDM first round.

Very surprising, Seattle is usually at the top of the standings

:kekw:

Coffee crisp. The best chocolate bar in existence and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Edited by Zetterberg

It's nice to see the family and have a meal together. As we get older Christmas is starting to be the only time of the year when that is possible.

Hmmm, I like the Christmas Ham, good stuff.

My agent has adviced me to not reply as whatever I say might be used against me in the future. No comment.

Went by smoothly, NA side was not so interesting as the playoff battle was fairly simple, but over in EU things were a lot more intense. I like that, multiple teams in it right until the end.

Ottawa did not have fun times. Three teams with 50 or more wins, I did not follow the league that closely, but looks ''normal'', some teams were really good and some not so.

Good effort. Started off hot, then we cooled down a bit. Made the playoffs, but got knocked out early. Solid season overall, had potential for more and that is where the dissappointment potentially is - we wanted and deserved more.

Press Conference Rules

VHL Index

VHLM Index

58. Can you believe we've asked another 60+ PC questions this year? I'm a stallion season after season, hey?

59. What are your thoughts on @TXC returning to the league?

60. Have you listened to @st4rface's new song? What were your thoughts?

61. The World Juniors for the VHL are coming up. Who are you rooting for and why?

62. What are your thoughts on the Bears season?

63. Biggest surprise this season?

64. Malmo or DCD? If over, thoughts on the winner?

65. Who was Seattle's best player this season?

66. What changes would you make to Seattle to make them more successful?

67. What did you end up doing for Christmas?

68. What did you do for New Years?

69. What did you get for Christmas?

58. Can you believe we've asked another 60+ PC questions this year? I'm a stallion season after season, hey?

Yah you guys are a busy group of people huh. Just want me to keep talking and talking.

59. What are your thoughts on @TXC returning to the league?

Good guy, interesting guy, we'll see how long it lasts.

60. Have you listened to @st4rface's new song? What were your thoughts?

Nope, i dont listen to hardly any music.

61. The World Juniors for the VHL are coming up. Who are you rooting for and why?

Team Canada baby. Do i really need to explain why. Come on guys.

The end result for Seattle. I'm really surprised that we did not manage to win a series or two or three. We have a great team and i really thought we had a chance to do some damage.

Malmo making it to the finals and are ahead rn. Malmo was a team who was closer to the bottom at the start of the season. I did not see them jumping this far ahead.

Wow great job boss man. I can't believe another season is in the books.  Uhtred doesn't have that many left.

59. What are your thoughts on @TXC returning to the league?

It's great news and hope we are teammates again one day

Europe since uhtred is an alumni.

It was shit, we should have at least won a round but expected to reach the conference finals.

Nothing really, ordered Thai food, made popcorn watched some hallmark Christmas movie on Netflix. 

69. What did you get for Christmas?

Wine club from amazing clubs.  Get 2 bottles of wine every month, got beer in past loved it.  Interested to see if premium wine tastes better than the $10 ones i usually have.

-> Beautiful job, as always, glad we made it this far once again! 

-> Always exciting to get returnees! Welcome back! 

-> Isn't my type of music personally but honestly sounds very good, enjoyed it! 

-> Canada always, gotta rep where you're from

-> About what was to be expected, big things to come! 

-> That I wasn't top of the team in points of course. 

-> Well, heh...

-> Ricer 100% ❤️ 

-> I think you have all the pieces falling into play so for me its about the future, build for it, become it, adapt it, and win it. 

-> Stayed in due to poopy lockdown

-> Stayed in due to poopy double lockdown sadness. 

69. What did you get for Christmas?

-> Lots of sports cards and some new games! 

You are a beast my dude. Doing it all on your own and you make it look easy.

The league isn’t the same without him so I am glad his absence was a small one.

Honestly I have not. I thought it was a virus hahaha.

Canada because my player is Canadian and I have some Canadian buddies on the team.

62. What are your thoughts on the Bears season?

Underperformed. Nothing went right for us and that’s too bad. We did have a really talented squad.

Being eliminated by Chicago. Why did that happen? 

Malmo, the better team won in my honest opinion.

Obviously I'm biased, but have to say Brown. Lead in points and goals and had the most game winners.

Major moves this offseason.

Just had my dad's parents over. My dad works with my grandpa anyways lol so it wasn't really a big deal.

Nothing. Fuck you COVID.

69. What did you get for Christmas?

A gaming chair and some gift cards and shit.

59. What are your thoughts on @TXC returning to the league?  Oh god, what have we done to deserve this? Joking aside, hope he will have fun with Tanky

60. Have you listened to @st4rface's new song? What were your thoughts? Not listened to it, don't like it being forced in private messages haha

61. The World Juniors for the VHL are coming up. Who are you rooting for and why? Does San Marino has his own team yet? We have two players!

63. Biggest surprise this season? Malmo winning the cup from the 7th seed. I did not see this coming and couldnt be more thrilled

64. Malmo or DCD? If over, thoughts on the winner? Malmo Malmo Malmo! Finally a Swedish team has won again. It was about time

67. What did you end up doing for Christmas? Stay at home with my wife, kids and mother in law. Loved just having a holiday again and do nothing but fun stuff.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

VHL Index

VHLM Index

Chistmas was rough , quarantine really ...

XBOX X

Xbox X lol

Family TIme

TURKEY

WHO

VHL ? 

well took me long enough to get started 

They needed Ernie

I thought Bearz aldaway

SLURP

Hells yes! There is no bad questions, only bad answers.

59. What are your thoughts on @TXC returning to the league?

Good stuff, never too many active players in the league. Last player was a good one, so interesting to see what kind of career this new player will have!

60. Have you listened to @st4rface's new song? What were your thoughts?

I have not, I'm not a huge music fan either, more than likely could not say whether the song is yay or nay.

Team Europe, gotta support the home team! Europe for the win now, Europe for the win forever.

Should a be a good one, fair number of moves. Going to take some time to get lines, etc right I'm sure, but potential is there.

I will win the top goalscorer award.