Seattle Bears Press Conference

46. What are your thoughts on the team adding Soren Jensen ( @Velevra )?

I like the move, Jensen is a quality player and has all the experience in the world. I imagine that experience especially will help our younger players as they get to see how a true professional gets ready for games/practice and how he competes.

47. What did you get up to for Valentines Day?

I did not do anything. I'm a single man.

48 What did you do on Valentines Day?

I went out for a nice run and relaxed at home. Easy Sunday pretty much.

49. What were your thoughts on the VHL's trade deadline (Feb 15)?

There has been some trades leading up to the trade deadline, but nothing right on the last minute. The trades earlier were pretty big ones, multiple players moving around, so perhaps there wont be any last minute moves.

50. What could the VHL do for theme week next week?

''What grinds your gears?''. Theme week that lets the users vent on whatever they want.

51. Malmo, London, Riga... which team make the playoffs? What teams miss?

The mentioned trades saw Malmo I guess going for rebuild, so I would say they wont make it. Riga got stronger during the trade deadline, so my guess is Riga makes it and London joins Malmo in the not making it corner.

46. What are your thoughts on the team adding Soren Jensen ( @Velevra)?

Great pickup honestly. Seattle Bears are looking to get over that hump and this addition should be able for them to do so. 

Hung out with girlfriend. Did the cute couple stuff. 

Hung out with my girlfriend and also went out to dinner with her as well.

Trades happened. Nice 

Military's leader week.

51. Malmo, London, Riga... which team make the playoffs? What teams miss?

Imma be real with a here. Have not followed the VHL at all. I have no idea who is doing well and who is not.

52. Who is the most overrated player in the league? Will you tag them? ;)

@CptSquallDude is stealing my thunder in Miami. So rude. overrated 10000%

53. What season will LA make the playoffs?

Never

54. What's something you want to see more of in the VHL?

Seattle and Miami wins.

55. What is something PRE-Covid that you can't wait to do again when safe etc?

Hang out with friends freely. 

"I got myself a new computer because I have no one to do it for me..."

"I ended up watching the Daytona 500 for the first time in years, Yes I'm alone why do you ask?"

"Lots of trades well before the deadline but we saw a few trades on the day so that was cool I guess?"

"Who cares? I saw London makes it and Riga and Malmo miss? sure?"

52. Who is the most overrated player in the league? Will you tag them? ;) 

"John Merrick EASILY!!!"

"Never call it the Leo Strauss curse for not signing him after drafting him"

46. What are your thoughts on the team adding Soren Jensen ( @Velevra)?

WHAT A BEAST! YES! FUCKING EXCITED MAN! Can't wait to play alongside hiM!

Sat on my couch and watched sports. Sure I spent the day with my wife. I spend every day with my wife. It's a lockdown during a pandemic - I can't do anything else! 

I was a little busy so I didn't really follow up with what was happening. Looks like we added Soren, which is so key and hopefully that can give us the edge on some of the top teams. 

I thought I had missed theme week? Did I not? Was I reading about last season's theme week? What year is this? What season is this? Who am I ? ohhhhhh god no, not again!

S77. LA will get there act together and just take the fuck off. It's going to surprise us all. Except me... but no, even me because I'll have forgotten that I made this prediction. 

Work out at a gym. All the specialized pieces of equipment are so expensive, and to truly get a well rounded workout you need to hit all the heads and angles. I can't wait to get back,. 

36. What is something good that's happened to you in 2021 so far?
Finally got my stimulus money that I never received last year

37. What is something you're looking forward to in 2021?
Building up a small jersey collection

39. What are your thoughts on the Bears season so far?
All things considered, we are doing alright, but always room for improvement.

40. How much does Randy Marsh @oilmandan pay for rent in the penalty box?
Rent free baby lol

41. Timothy Brown @a_Ferk has the team highest shooting % with 11.84%. How do they practice?
Dusk til dawn, the man never sleeps. Although I feel like that wouldn't be good in the long term...

43. @gregreg made some wild demands in the LR to make him happy... Rumour has it beer machine, hot tub... what else?
Better be a bubble hockey table in there somewhere

They did something pretty lame again my opinion. Hopefully it's good next season.

London and Malmo suck. I bet Prague makes it over Riga though. big gap in points, even with the trades Riga made.

52. Who is the most overrated player in the league? Will you tag them? ;) 

Jeffrey Pines @rory

S100. Hell freezes over and LA wins the continental cup.

Positivity. Been kind of a war zone around here lately

Go to a bar. I can legally go to one for the first time.

:sea: Bana's S76 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

56. How do you feel the Bears season went?

57. Who was the Bears MVP? Feel free to name up to 3 ;) 

58. Which team surprised you the most in the VHL?

59 Which team surprised you the most in the VHLM?

60. What are your thoughts on playing Calgary in a best of 5 in round 1?

61. @Jubis stepped down. Name some members who you think deserve the role! 

62. @Spartakiller2 Guy Lambert finished the season with 97 points in 72 games.. This is a 90 point improvement of last seasons totals (7 in 52). You sent him a text. What did you tell them?

63. I just noticed Phoenix Dawson @Toast tied Guy Lambert for points. There's some competition. They made a bet. What was the wager??

64. @aksuko finished the season 31-31-7. HUGE IMPROVEMENT and Role increase! To celebrate and reward himself... he spent some of his earned cash.. what did they buy?

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

56. How do you feel the Bears season went? Disappointing end for sure. But it's playoff time si no sense worrying now

60. What are your thoughts on playing Calgary in a best of 5 in round 1? I love our chances. Go Bears!!

61. @Jubis stepped down. Name some members who you think deserve the role! Flex, IR and Rayzor have both applied in the past. They are good people. 

Asking 3

Who is the next big thing in the VHL?

Can a team go undefeated in this year's playoffs. Who and what made yo choose the Bears?

What is the best "name" in the VHL or VHLM?

"Feels like it could have been better, we never seem to find a groove. Just sat around .500 most of the year and I think the team in better than that. We got into the dance thought so lets see if we can do some damage!!!"

57. Who was the Bears MVP? Feel free to name up to 3 ;) 

"Brown did pretty much all the scoring so you'd have to give it to him with a slight nod to LOL for his strong season on defence."

"Seattle for how average we were and to be honest I don't look at any other team other than Seattle."

"Saskatoon Wild, mostly because they're still a team in the VHLM."

"Thanks for the easy first round and letting me score some point. bring on the next bunch of losers."

61. @Jubis stepped down. Name some members who you think deserve the role! 

"Me! easy. You want to VHL to have some true rivalries? Get me back in a front office and let me cause some shit." 

1. How do you feel the Bears season went?

Up and down - we definitely lost some games we should have won, but overall we have a vibrant and younger team so I think we're set for the future, even if this year isn't our year 

2. Which team surprised you the most in the VHL?

Probably Chicago - to see them finish with the third best record in the league after only being a couple of seasons old as a franchise is a pretty impressive feat. Let's see how they cope in the playoffs though 

3 What are your thoughts on playing Calgary in a best of 5 in round 1?

2ez. We're 2gud. We'll make quick work of them.

4. @Spartakiller2 Guy Lambert finished the season with 97 points in 72 games.. This is a 90 point improvement of last seasons totals (7 in 52). You sent him a text. What did you tell them?

"Guyyyyyyyyyy. I'm hoping to be you next season - but I finished with 4 points and next season I'm gunning for 100 so I think we'll both win most improved.. I was more improver. Gratz buddy!"

5. I just noticed Phoenix Dawson @Toast tied Guy Lambert for points. There's some competition. They made a bet. What was the wager??

"Let's see if we can rig it so that gorlab has something to say about it." trolololol

6. @aksuko finished the season 31-31-7. HUGE IMPROVEMENT and Role increase! To celebrate and reward himself... he spent some of his earned cash.. what did they buy?

A Mercedes XL. Understated and classy... until he had them paint it magenta!

Who knows, they were not that far away this year, only 9 points away. If they get Davis in the lineup for next season, I'm sure he could push them closer and maybe even make the playoffs!

Proper rivalries between teams, I'm sure there are some already, but in my opinion there is never too many or too fierce rivalries between teams.

Maybe see some kind of public performance, theater or something.

Pretty well I'd say, made the playoffs and had some nice winning streaks in there, so good stuff!

57. Who was the Bears MVP? Feel free to name up to 3 ;) 

Brown obviously, 40+ goals and most points. Leveque in defense was a key player, 61 points and 50 of those being assists in 72 games is great.  Rasputin in net was good also, not easy for young goalies to play that much in the modern VHL, but he played well!

Warsaw and/or Chicago, both had over 100 points in regular season.

Might not count as a surprise for most, but seeing how Houston was able to win 61 games out of 72 was a surprise to me. Hell of a record right there! Especially impressive was their away record 32-4.

Answering late, but they are a good team, the series had all the makings for intense battle and I think we had that, was a good one.

61. @Jubis stepped down. Name some members who you think deserve the role! 

I don't know really, who is interested in being a general manager? Someone from the active group of users.

Oilmandan's Qs:

Who is the next big thing in the VHL?

Rasputin in net is going to be among the best goalies in this league real soon.

Can a team go undefeated in this year's playoffs. Who and what made yo choose the Bears?

Bear is an alfa animal, they can do whatever they want out there, which is similar to what the Seattle Bears is in VHL, they can do what they want. Going undefeated is a real possibility.

What is the best "name" in the VHL or VHLM?

New York has a goalie named ''Bacon''. I think that is pretty nice name.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

65. What are your plans for the weekend?

66. Who will win... Chicago or Warsaw?

67. Who will win... Mexico or Houston?

68. Who will win playoff MVP for VHL?

69. What should the Bears do this off-season?

70. @Velevra  had another good career. He's retiring. How do you bid them farewell?

71. Thoughts on @Jubis stepping down?

72. Thoughts on @FrostBeard stepping down?

73. Seattle sent @Ricer13, an old Bear, a welcome gift for being hired as Wranglers new GM... what did they send?

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

"roommate is gone so going to order some pizza and watch some sports, while probably but naked! because WHY THE FUCK NOT!"

"Warsaw because FUCK Chicago, those cheating bastards!"

"I don't know, it's the battle of the south so whoever can make the best food wins."

"Whichever team wins, their goalie because I don't know anyone on either team." As you can tell I don't follow the VHL."

"Party so hard that we are still drunk going into next season, or we could make a move to make us better. Either or." 

73. Seattle sent @Ricer13, an old Bear, a welcome gift for being hired as Wranglers new GM... what did they send?

"A bag of shit because that how well he is going to do" 

65. What are your plans for the weekend? Riding horses and cleaning my garage 

66. Who will win... Chicago or Warsaw? Warsaw? 

67. Who will win... Mexico or Houston? Mexico?

68. Who will win playoff MVP for VHL? Marsh of course. Best VHLer ever I’ll

69. What should the Bears do this off-season? build a championship winning club. 

70. @Velevra had another good career. He's retiring. How do you bid them farewell? Congrats on a wonderful career. All the best in your retirement 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

70. @Velevra  had another good career. He's retiring. How do you bid them farewell?

71. Thoughts on @Jubis stepping down?

72. Thoughts on @FrostBeard stepping down?

73. Seattle sent @Ricer13, an old Bear, a welcome gift for being hired as Wranglers new GM... what did they send?

Reveal hidden contents

65. Going to a nearby small town to hangout downtown.

66. Chicago Phoenix, gotta rep Illinois in this situation.

69. Keep the course imo, the retooling process is going swimmingly

Didn't get up to too much. Relaxed and played some games. Looking forward to the days where the pandemic is behind us and I can do things on the weekend again.

Chicago just won tonight! 

It went all the way to seven games but Mexico managed to win!

Mikko Lahtinen played fantastic throughout the post-season. 27 points definitely should get the nod.

The team is in a good spot. I would not be surprised to the see the Bears move some youth for players in their prime.

70. @Velevra had another good career. He's retiring. How do you bid them farewell?
Velv has been around sim leagues for quite some time. I'm looking forward to seeing his new player as I know he'll find a way to build another successful guy.

I did fuck all. Just played skyrim and did sim league stuff.

I have a hunch it might be Chicago

Mexico finally slayed the dragon and took home the Founder's Cup. All it took was rory and hylands leaving.

Can someone who didn't even make the finals win it? Lahtinen dwarfed everyone in points.

I think we should make some moves and try and get back into cup contention.

70. @Velevra had another good career. He's retiring. How do you bid them farewell?
Will be interesting to see what his next player turns out like.

I did not have anything planned out, same old same old really. Weather was nice, cold and sunny so it was pretty nice to both take it easy inside but also run around outside.

I was hoping it would go to game seven but... Chicago was better and deserved their win, they had a strong team and managed to take the lead in the series early.

Both are strong teams, but was a small surprise to see Houston lose since they were so strong away during regular season.

I reckon they have to give it to someone from Chicago since they won it all. If that is the case, Camus in net. Can't win without having a hot goalie and Camus was solid in the playoffs. 12 wins from 15, and 93.1 save percentage.

Go into the woods together and spend some quality Bears time together. In other words, training camp in the woods!

I gave Velevra couple sticks that had my signature on them. Worthless now, but could return a hefty sum in 30 to 40 years. Almost like investing into the stock market in a sense. Some day those sticks could buy you a nice vacation!

:sea: Bana's S77 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

1. What are your thoughts on the Chicago Phoenix winning the Continental Cup?

2. Thoughts on Mexico City Kings winning the Founders cup?

3. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?

4. Which VHL GM will be the next to step down?

5. Which VHLM GM will be the next to step down?

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here!

7. @Toast @aksuko @drewowo are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?

8. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!

9. Who do you think goes 2nd overall? Why?

10. Who do you think goes 3rd overall?

11. @Jayrad28 retired from VHL/Da Bears due to some fairly serious, private real life things. We love him. We support him. The team sent him well wishes. What was it???

12. @Velevra  We couldn't quite get Jensen the cup we wanted, but probably further than Davos! :P The Bears got him a retirement gift. What was it?? 

1. What are your thoughts on the Chicago Phoenix winning the Continental Cup? Good for them. Sucks it wasn't Seattle

2. Thoughts on Mexico City Kings winning the Founders cup? Pretty cool I guess

3. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift? A big old joint. Can get all pie eyed in his retirement

4. Which VHL GM will be the next to step down? Peace. Not sure why, just gonna throw it out there

5. Which VHLM GM will be the next to step down? Not sure who the VHLM Gms are anymore

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here! Randy Marsh. Cause why not?

My thoughts are CONGRATULATIONS CHICAGO!!!! It's always exciting to see a franchise get it's first Continental Cup. Except Stocking Vikings. Fuck those guys.

2. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?

HE:S WHAT?>?> This is what we get when I dont go on the site for 6 days?? Oh boy. Well the lad must have his reasons. He's been so involved for so many seasons, it's probably a great thing for him. I'll give him a banner in the Seattle Locker room. I'm not sure I have the authority to do that but I'll try.

3. @Toast @aksuko @drewowo are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?

When things seem bleak and dark, when you're player is not living up to your expectations... remember it could always be worse. You could be the Rock Johnson. 

4. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!

@OrbitingDeath  Green goes first because Green is legend. Green means go!

5. Who do you think goes 2nd overall? Why?

@rjfrymangoes second because who doesn't want a centre and the dude responsible for the draft rankings system muhahaha!

6. Who do you think goes 3rd overall?

@Mr_Hatter goes third overall because he is a solid member with his consistency now rooted in the league. I tip my hat to him, the good sir!

We gave them a pretty tough fight, but it just goes to show how good they really were. Congrats to the Phoenix.

I played for the Kings in my only season in the M. Happy they got it this season.

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here! 

Tough to say. I'm gonna go with Su though.

7. Toast, aks and Drew are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?

I obviously don't have control over what they choose to do, but the Bears of late have been great when everybody buys in. Do what you can for the betterment of the team and you will find both individual and team success.

8. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!

I'm thinking it'll be Atreides. He's the best center on the board at the moment, and that one guy Lahtinen was just traded so they'll need to find a replacement at center.

9. Who do you think goes 2nd overall? Why?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's any of the other forwards on the board, but Davos could use some extra defensive depth at this moment. So I think they'll take Reylynn Reinhart.

"Bunch of fucking cheaters who don't deserve anything nice ever!"

"I hope they celebrated with tacos because if they didn't... They suck and I don't like them at all."

3. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?

"Lots of losers stepping down right meow. I got him one ripped dollar bill that I sneezed into."

" @Banackockwhen he hands the job to me because he knows that's the only way this ends."

" I don't know any VHLM GMs so whoever sucks the most?."

6. Who wins the slobo award? 

"I doesn't matter because it won't be a Bear and if it isn't a Bear than it does not matter."

Cool team that stole their name from my player and definitely not the other way around.

It should have been Miami. Finals was an exciting series going all the way to 7 though.

3. Thoughts on Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?

The league is supposed to be fun for all. High responsibility positions add a ton of stress so I understand if that was the case. I got him a Seattle team picture to show we care.

Ricer has had a long run and I wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary looking for a new GM.

IR has had a storied career as a GM and may move on to other opportunities.

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here
I'm very late to this and can't see the poll anymore. Sounds like someone from Moscow?