VHL Code of Conduct Policy

Beketov

17 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

Not officially brother, the only people with the official pass is Bana and Michael Rassmussen

Hold on. You gave me the brother pass.

fuckin' snowflakes.

Not saying provoking and antagonizing is cool here i'm just saying people gotta just mature a little bit and not get so worked up over a simple word that's not even aimed at you or others in the first place. This shit just got blown out of proportion when it really didn't need to IMO. The guy was just voicing his displeasure it's not like he straight up called someone a homo or anything. Grow the fuck up.

Anyways no issues with the rule changes or anything, it's probably for the best. I was here in the early years and honestly back then I found the savagery and language used, as well as the cliquey nature of the VHL scared many new members away, myself included. I find it's not as bad today, it's gotten better when it comes to the savagery of posts but it definitely isn't a good look for the VHL from the outside.

53 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

i'm just saying people gotta just mature a little bit  [...] Grow the fuck up.

Or, y'know, people just don't use those words in the first place because it's, at least at some level, immature and used in a derogatory manner? So yeah I agree, people should grow up. 

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

@Josh: 1 week PT ban (as in max cap is 6/12)

@Banackock: 1 week Update ban

@DilIsPickle: 1 week Update ban

@Nykonax: 1 week Update ban

@jRuutu: 1 week PT ban (as in max cap is 6/12)

@Matt_O: 1 week PT ban (as in max cap is 6/12)

Why am i not surprised it's this group

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, DilIsPickle said:

Thanks for making the font on ours bigger, I can’t read

Pasted that part from our other discussion and forgot to fix the formatting, oh well.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

fuckin' snowflakes.

Not saying provoking and antagonizing is cool here i'm just saying people gotta just mature a little bit and not get so worked up over a simple word that's not even aimed at you or others in the first place. This shit just got blown out of proportion when it really didn't need to IMO. The guy was just voicing his displeasure it's not like he straight up called someone a homo or anything. Grow the fuck up.

Anyways no issues with the rule changes or anything, it's probably for the best. I was here in the early years and honestly back then I found the savagery and language used, as well as the cliquey nature of the VHL scared many new members away, myself included. I find it's not as bad today, it's gotten better when it comes to the savagery of posts but it definitely isn't a good look for the VHL from the outside.

Stick to that second paragraph and you’ll be fine, just don’t push your luck with that first one.

You said yourself the VHL of old was vile and pushed people away. If it takes some formalizes rules to fix that then I have no issue writing them. This also is not all about a single comment. As others have said the problem runs much deeper than that.

I would like to comment and say I was not told to stand down and/or not provoke. Not everybody is active follower of the discord, if there is a ´members/all´- tag and there is hundreds of messages, I´m not going to go through those messages. I´m also 85% sure there was not a tag as in: Members/all - stop provoking - stand down. If that indeed was the case, warning fairly surely did not reach as many as it should have.

Should I have automatically known not to post about the case/provoke in SBA? Perhaps, but thats not how I do things. These moments and cases are equally entertaining to me as the whole building a player part in sim leagues. When an opportunity to post my take on whatever comes up, fairly surely going to use it. Not every time, but if I happen to have the time - why not.

Further information: I´m just a member here, I don´t think I have ever even applied for a job in VHL = I´m not representing VHL or any other league.

Now that the code of conduct is here, I hope the league looks into alternative ways to using those slurs and stops people from using them as well. Lets face it - words hurt. I got personally attacked by flyersfan1453 on monday.

TY3HKZU.png

I don´t feel safe sharing my thoughts when users like flyersfan1453 come in and calls me names. Not everybody have the luxury of going to high level schools or in general ability to process information, some of us are here not only to have fun, but also to learn.

Instead of taking the time to educate someone like me, flyersfan1453 questioned my ability to process information in a hostile and negative way. Its not flyersfan1453 job to educate people, but there is constructive criticism and then there is clear effort to push user to the door and away from VHL.

Edited by jRuutu

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Now that the code of conduct is here, I hope the league looks into alternative ways to using those slurs and stops people from using them as well. Lets face it - words hurt. I got personally attacked by flyersfan1453 on monday.

TY3HKZU.png

I don´t feel safe sharing my thoughts when users like flyersfan1453 come in and calls me names. Not everybody have the luxury of going to high level schools or in general ability to process information, some of us are here not only to have fun, but also to learn.

Instead of taking the time to educate someone like me, flyersfan1453 questioned my ability to process information in a hostile and negative way. Its not flyersfan1453 job to educate people, but there is constructive criticism and then there is clear effort to push user to the door and away from VHL.

Pretending everything is the same doesn’t help solve any problem. If someone calling you thick actually upsets you that’s fine, bring it up, but let’s be clear that this is far more trying to prove your point than anything is it not? Acting like any personal insult is the same as a slur that marginalizes an entire group of people won’t fix the problem. Not everything is equal. Maybe I’m reading it wrong though, maybe that actually bothered you (would be surprising since I’ve seen you shrug off far worse) and if so then you can come talk to me about it.

6 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I would like to comment and say I was not told to stand down and/or not provoke. Not everybody is active follower of the discord, if there is a ´members/all´- tag and there is hundreds of messages, I´m not going to go through those messages. I´m also 85% sure there was not a tag as in: Members/all - stop provoking - stand down. If that indeed was the case, warning fairly surely did not reach as many as it should have.

Should I have automatically known not to post about the case/provoke in SBA? Perhaps, but thats not how I do things. These moments and cases are equally entertaining to me as the whole building a player part in sim leagues. When an opportunity to post my take on whatever comes up, fairly surely going to use it. Not every time, but if I happen to have the time - why not

Even if you did not see my multiple warnings in the discord I repeatedly told members in the very thread that you commented in to stand down. I know you like to voice your opinion but there was no reason to add fuel to an already volatile. situation.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Ahma said:

He is punished in VHL for doing stuff in SBA? why? why does stuff that happens in SBA have to do with VHL?

I don't understand.

Everyone was told to stand down and let us handle things, instead some members decided to throw fuel into the fire. It’s not for comments made in the SBA, it’s for ignoring warnings that pushing the subject with them, which would only make things harder for us, would be punished.

There are people who made comments over there and were not punished because it isn’t about simply making comments. People were welcome to voice their displeasure in a respectful way and have a conversation about this but running in guns blazing and “raiding” the place with comments intentionally designed to be attacking (combined with making light of the situation here) did nothing to help ease the situation. All it did was prove the point people were apparently trying to fight against.

These punishments are minor ones. Hopefully everyone can learn from them and we won’t need anything more major.

Just now, Beketov said:

Pretending everything is the same doesn’t help solve any problem. If someone calling you thick actually upsets you that’s fine, bring it up, but let’s be clear that this is far more trying to prove your point than anything is it not? Acting like any personal insult is the same as a slur that marginalizes an entire group of people won’t fix the problem. Not everything is equal. Maybe I’m reading it wrong though, maybe that actually bothered you (would be surprising since I’ve seen you shrug off far worse) and if so then you can come talk to me about it.

Even if you did not see my multiple warnings in the discord I repeatedly told members in the very thread that you commented in to stand down. I know you like to voice your opinion but there was no reason to add fuel to an already volatile. situation.

Different things offend different people, could be offensive to a lot of gay people when these leagues are out there policing for them, automatically assuming they are somehow weaker or not able to speak for themselves or need the leagues help.

Someone using ´thick´ could be just as offensive as the r-word, they all mean more or less the same. Quite interesting how its ok to say: this is stupid, but not ok to say: this is gay. Why is the gay community put on pedestal and its ok make fun of the less smart part of the world or use their terminology to describe something being bad?

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Different things offend different people, could be offensive to a lot of gay people when these leagues are out there policing for them, automatically assuming they are somehow weaker or not able to speak for themselves or need the leagues help.

Someone using ´thick´ could be just as offensive as the r-word, they all mean more or less the same. Quite interesting how its ok to say: this is stupid, but not ok to say: this is gay. Why is the gay community put on pedestal and its ok make fun of the less smart part of the world or use their terminology to describe something being bad?

Stupid means stupid, that’s literally the definitely of the word. Using gay as a synonym for stupid is basically saying all homosexuals are stupid because what they are is a synonym for stupid. You see the issue?

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Stupid means stupid, that’s literally the definitely of the word. Using gay as a synonym for stupid is basically saying all homosexuals are stupid because what they are is a synonym for stupid. You see the issue?

What if I indentify as a stupid person, what if after people like flyersfan1453 call me thick I start to believe it, what if I´m a stupid person? Then I see someone say: this is stupid, that could be just as offensive to me. How is me feeling offended less valuable than gay person feeling offended for someone using: this is gay?

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

What if I indentify as a stupid person, what if after people like flyersfan1453 call me thick I start to believe it, what if I´m a stupid person? Then I see someone say: this is stupid, that could be just as offensive to me. How is me feeling offended less valuable than gay person feeling offended for someone using: this is gay?

We both know you’re being ridiculous to prove a point and it’s not working so this conversation is over.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

We both know you’re being ridiculous to prove a point and it’s not working so this conversation is over.

Every naysayer in this thread is either this or this.