London United Press Conferences

McWolf

1 - As my esteemed colleague said, it's a parity issue. That and Trivium is goddamn useless this year.

2 - Maybe give Trivium a donut?

3 - I'm glad our goalies are thriving. I don't know what it is, but chemistry seems to be an issue this year.

4 - Warsaw, because Poland is honestly kind of a mess right now, politically.

5 - Last year's version of Trivium.

6 - I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 but have been busy. Maybe someday. 

1. Our hot streak has really cooled off. Do you feel our numbers now are more realistic or we're just in a slump?

i think we’re coming back down to earth a bit.  We were pretty bad last year, i don’t think a jump from the basement to the top of the EU is realistic. We’ll be a bubble team this year, and that’s okay.

2. Our goal scoring seems to have almost disappeared in recent games. How do you think we fix that issue?

I blame Simon T. I think it’s just so random.

3. Both of our goalies have .919SV% right now so the losses can't be on them. Do you think ultimately it's our lack of scoring or a somewhat lack of star power that's the problem?

I think we’ve got to just trust the process and keep growing.

4. Are there any teams surprising you in the standings this season compared to your expectations?

Us! Didn’t think we’d have a great start but we did.

5. Do you feel there's a specific player that could help our situation in the league right now? If yes, what would you give up to acquire that player?

Not sure. I think we have enough talent in house to make it work.

6) Mando question. I deleted it and can’t remember 😂 

yes I do watch! Love it!! I’m behind a few so I’ve got some binging to do. 

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.7634b736c0c813019bf5b397ee2bdac4.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday December 6th

1. Our hot streak has really cooled off. Do you feel our numbers now are more realistic or we're just in a slump?

In a slump, there's no way we go from the top to the bottom because of little mistakes, I'm confident our team will bounce back

2. Our goal scoring seems to have almost disappeared in recent games. How do you think we fix that issue?

Put me on the wing and all extra spots in the line up, give Ship my spot on defense and let the dice roll!

3. Both of our goalies have .919SV% right now so the losses can't be on them. Do you think ultimately it's our lack of scoring or a somewhat lack of star power that's the problem?

Think the difference between TPE may play a part, stars can't get pucks from players so distanced in points earned

4. Are there any teams surprising you in the standings this season compared to your expectations?

Warsaw are doing pretty good, didn't have them on my radar at all

5. Do you feel there's a specific player that could help our situation in the league right now? If yes, what would you give up to acquire that player?

Acquiring something else is a must if we wanna keep up with the other teams, can't sit stagnate for too long

6. Do you follow 'The Mandalorian'? If so, what are your thoughts on the new season so far?

Never heard of it

Edited by ZP16

On 12/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday December 6th

1. Our hot streak has really cooled off. Do you feel our numbers now are more realistic or we're just in a slump?
2. Our goal scoring seems to have almost disappeared in recent games. How do you think we fix that issue?
3. Both of our goalies have .919SV% right now so the losses can't be on them. Do you think ultimately it's our lack of scoring or a somewhat lack of star power that's the problem?
4. Are there any teams surprising you in the standings this season compared to your expectations?
5. Do you feel there's a specific player that could help our situation in the league right now? If yes, what would you give up to acquire that player?
6. Do you follow 'The Mandalorian'? If so, what are your thoughts on the new season so far?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus @McWolf @Peace @TheFlash @Corco

1) Somewhere in the middle - we are definitely a legitimate playoff contender but probably not a definite number one seed or anything

2) Well we could pull our goalie to put an extra skater on the ice, but that just creates another issue 😛

3) Probably lack of star power - VHL has never needed super deep teams, you more need a few top guys to really step up

4) London actually has been quite surprising so far. I thought we would be a lower tier playoff contender but we are doing much better so far. 

5) Sounds like we need an elite scoring winger, so let's find one of those! I am sure most teams could say the same though. 

6) Yes, I absolutely love that show! The action scenes and graphics and stuff have been dope this season. Really loved the last episode where there was the standoff between the bounty hunters and the stormtroopers on the hill. One thing I am kind of worried about though is that it is turning into a star wars celebrity cameo team this season. 

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday December 13th

1. The race for the playoffs is tight in the European Conference. How can we manage to stay over Prague and Davos and make it to the show?
2. What do you want your player to be remembered for?
3. Do you expect this trade deadline to be active? There are many teams fighting for the playoffs that could use the help?
4. Which brings me to this point; should we be buying?
5. What's your VHL-related holiday wish?
6. Not an RP question; how are you coping with the pandemic?

@SirRupertBarnes @TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus @McWolf @Peace @TheFlash @Corco

1 - need to score more than they do. Simple as that.

2 - Hopefully everything except the futility of this season.

3 - I think we will see a lot of deals, yeah.

4 - with me being too lazy to look up the contractual status of the players acquired last offseason, I'm not sure I'm the best judge of that.

5 - score 20 goals in the final few games and lead London to it's first playoff appearance and championship.

6 - okay. I work at a public school, so it's a little bizarre to try to manage all the things while staying safe and closeted in my office. Have a good work friend who is currently sick, along with his wife. He's around 60, and last I heard he had a 103 fever, so I'm worried for him and his wife.

1. The race for the playoffs is tight in the European Conference. How can we manage to stay over Prague and Davos and make it to the show?

Gotta focus on our own game, ignore the others, one game at a time!

Would like to imagine my hot shot but I'm still a rookie, not really sure yet 

3. Do you expect this trade deadline to be active? There are many teams fighting for the playoffs that could use the help?

Yes, going to be one of the most active in recent years. Mark my word

Of course, were a few screws short from breaking out of the pile up

5. What's your VHL-related holiday wish?

I wish not to be homeless and living in my car

6. Not an RP question; how are you coping with the pandemic?

Fine, I feel bad for all the people who had a family member pass away the most. Hasn't really changed anything for me other than finding a place to rent is even harder and more expensive because of it :(

On 12/11/2020 at 11:11 PM, McWolf said:

3. Do you expect this trade deadline to be active? There are many teams fighting for the playoffs that could use the help?

@SirRupertBarnes @TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. Keep on this win streak. 

2. One of the GOATs.

3. I'm sure a lot of teams will be trying to get better. Hopefully we can handle the new and better rosters.

4. I think we're on a pretty good win streak but maybe we should be looking to improve if we want to keep on it.

5. An auto 12 for doing nothing, of course.

6. Pretty good compared to others.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:11 PM, McWolf said:

1) By not making our press conference questions look like eye cancer. What in the world is that formatting?

2) Being the first goalie to win a cup with London

3) Maybe a little bit, but at this point I feel like most teams would have a trade mapped out ahead of time and are waiting until deadline for cap reasons. 

4) We have a long period of competing it looks like, so anyone we buy should be able to help us in the now and future. If we buy a one season rental we should only give up low draft picks for it

5) I hope everyone on here and their family remains in good health and hangs in there. The first shipments of the covid vaccine are being sent out, and in 6 months I really hope we can all live back to normal.

6) As a more introverted person I think I can cope with the social distancing better than most, as I don't need to see tons of people every day. On weekends I decide to have friends over, I will try and avoid going to my parents houses for at least a week as a just in case I got covid. I am not doing anything crazy like going to bars or anything, but I feel no worries about having a friend or 2 over my house to hang out who I trust. 

On 12/14/2020 at 1:14 AM, chatfan036 said:

By not making our press conference questions look like eye cancer. What in the world is that formatting?

I have no idea how that made it this way. Copy pasting from different themes or something?

Press Conference for the week ending on December 20th.

1 - Last night, our 8-game winning streak was shut down by the Chicago Phoenix. Who would you say were the most important players of this important stretch?

2 - Who's one player on the team that doesn't get enough credit but you think is an integral part of our success so far?

3 - We only have 14 games left. Are you satisfied with your individual performance?

4 - Who do you think has the best odds of being named MVP of this stupid Season 75?

5 - What's your opinion on cheesy Christmas music?

6 - Do you have holiday plans for next week?

@der meister @okochastar @Corco @Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @TTtheT @Enorama @Peace @ng1291 @TheFlash @MattyIce @ZP16 @chatfan036 @Biggreen10 @SeamusSv @Strider @Ninjaboi @Nordin @Hendrix Cobberson @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers @Mikael Kent

On 12/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, McWolf said:

1 - Last night, our 8-game winning streak was shut down by the Chicago Phoenix. Who would you say were the most important players of this important stretch?

2 - Who's one player on the team that doesn't get enough credit but you think is an integral part of our success so far?

3 - We only have 14 games left. Are you satisfied with your individual performance?

4 - Who do you think has the best odds of being named MVP of this stupid Season 75?

@der meister @okochastar @Corco @Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @TTtheT @Enorama @Peace @ng1291 @TheFlash @MattyIce @ZP16 @chatfan036 @Biggreen10 @SeamusSv @Strider @Ninjaboi @Nordin @Hendrix Cobberson @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers @Mikael Kent

1. Hugh Jass, James Rose and maybe myself 👀!

2. Our goalie without a doubt.

3. It could be better to be honest. Hopefully it improves next season.

4. I have no idea but hopefully someone on London.

5. I love cheesy christmas music!

6. Relaxing with family and friends.

1 - Last night, our 8-game winning streak was shut down by the Chicago Phoenix. Who would you say were the most important players of this important stretch?

Goaltending! Malones been a stud. We just all clicked and hopefully it was enough for a playoffs spot

2 - Who's one player on the team that doesn't get enough credit but you think is an integral part of our success so far?

My guy Rose! Great defenceman who’s having a wicked season. 

3 - We only have 14 games left. Are you satisfied with your individual performance?

yes and no? I knew it would be a down season in terms of points with Killinger and Rose here as well. So I’m good with it. Could have had some more hits or shots blocked though!

4 - Who do you think has the best odds of being named MVP of this stupid Season 75?

I honestly don’t know. Lafontaine is having a great season in CGY.

5 - What's your opinion on cheesy Christmas music?

love it!!

6 - Do you have holiday plans for next week?

im off for three weeks! Just going to chill and relax :)

On 12/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, McWolf said:

1) Malone obviously :)

2) The entire defensive core makes things easy for Malone. I know it's easy to automatically go GOALIE IS GUD, but it's a team effort

3) Yes, I am satisfied we are looking to make the playoffs!

4) Whoever @boubabi's player is

5) I enjoy it for a few weeks starting in December, but anyone who starts playing it immediately after Halloween is a fool

6) Just a small family gathering, nothing big unfortunately due to corona

New Press Conference Questions:

1) Do you have any playoff rituals to help us win our first series? Maybe a voodoo doll for the other team?

2) How far do you realistically think we can get in the playoffs?

3) How many seasons do you think our window of contention will be?

4) Thoughts on the snowflakes dripping on your screen on VHL? It is trippy to me

5) The NHL has announced it's return, who is your favorite team and why will they win the cup?

6) Do you think Gorlab is handsome? 

On 12/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

1) Do you have any playoff rituals to help us win our first series? Maybe a voodoo doll for the other team?

2) How far do you realistically think we can get in the playoffs?

3) How many seasons do you think our window of contention will be?

4) Thoughts on the snowflakes dripping on your screen on VHL? It is trippy to me

5) The NHL has announced it's return, who is your favorite team and why will they win the cup?

6) Do you think Gorlab is handsome? 

1. Poutine before every game! Next year this will help! 

2. The experience this year in the wild card will be huge in helping us next year.

3. next 3 seasons. Lots of good prospects

4.  Thought it was a good touch! 

5. the Canucks but they won’t based on the previous 50 years on their resume

6. Only sexually 

1) Now that London has lost, who if anyone are you / were you rooting for in the playoffs?

2) Do you think London is in a good place to take the next step next year?

3) What do you think was the issue that stopped us from advancing in the playoffs this year?

4) Who is your favorite NHL player who does not play for your favorite team?

5) If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with one VHL member for survival purposes, who would you pick?

6) What is your favorite part about playing for London? 

1) Now that London has lost, who if anyone are you / were you rooting for in the playoffs?

Chicago, based purely on the extended run they are on right now. Impressive from a young expansion team.

I don't see why not. You have a solid roster and am sure you will be making moves this offseason to improve even further.

3) What do you think was the issue that stopped us from advancing in the playoffs this year?

Being from the UK, it was probably poor hygiene and shitty weather. Having Boris Johnson as PM also wouldn't be helping.

You may as well ask me to solve the Collatz Conjecture.

collatz-closed-form-1569525920.png?crop=

5) If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with one VHL member for survival purposes, who would you pick?

Hmmm, tough question. Possibly boot, based on his experience working in remote locations. He seems very Bear Grylls like.

Well it wouldn't be for the logo. I guess it would be the chance to play alongside some members that I value highly.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:39 PM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

1. Id say Chicago! They seem to be going on a good run for younger team! 

2. Most definitely! The team took a huge step this year and they got some good prospects coming!

3. Lack of experience, this year making the wild card will only help and the gm has prospects and some moves up his sleeve to add even more depth!

4. Mackinnon

5. @Toast for multiple reasons 😉

6. I haven’t had the honour of playing as of yet! But this season being a prospect and apart of their locker room was a lot of fun, I believe I can also bring a lot to the table and hopefully we can build something big here! 

Was rooting for Moscow but Chicago is surprising everybody so I hope they win the cup

Yup, we are geared to win. New players and updates should make us one of the strongest

3) What do you think was the issue that stopped us from advancing in the playoffs this year?

Ran into a roadblock, we just couldn't get pass a stronger version of us

Henrik Lundquist 

McWolf, he's the GM so the work ethic is there.. Plus if he wants me to re-sign he'll need to keep me happy ;)

6) What is your favorite part about playing for London? 

Chill environment, deadly potential and tea

Now that London has lost, who if anyone are you / were you rooting for in the playoffs?

no one. Don't care.

I certainly hope so. A bounce back season from Trivium would help make that happen.

Relied too much on my player, who shit himself all year.

Honestly kind of hate the NHL right now and don't pay nearly as much attention to it as I used to.

That's very difficult. I feel like @Philand I could have some good conversation before he wants to murder me due to my snark.

Doing something unprecedented in a magical city. What's not to love?

On 1/3/2021 at 6:39 PM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

1. London comes back with a steel chair and wins the finals for some reason.

2. Yep, we'll only be getting better.

3. We just weren't good enough. Next season will be better.

4. I don't really pay attention to hockey irl so let's say Jay Jones if he ever turns sentient and escapes from the sim to play in the NHL.

5. Mcwolf since he follows me everywhere.

6. The active LR.

1) Are you happy, sad, or indifferent about Malmo winning the cup?

2) Does anyone in real life like family or friends know that you go on VHL?

3) Would you ever consider meeting someone on VHL in real life if you happened to be in the same area?

4) If the city of London was suddenly banned from the VHL because Victor became a tyrant, what city would you move the United to?

5) Does your player have any new or special offseason plans?

6) If you have someone over your house for burgers and other barbecue items, would you want them to tell you your burgers didn't taste that good or would you rather they lie and say they do to make you feel better? 

Edited by WentzKneeFan036

On 1/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, TTtheT said:

Was Hoping Chicago might pull off the upset , honestly didnt mean anything to me

With some touch ups 

Depth

Brad Marchand

@Banackock i know he would make sure i survive

Ive never played for London :S 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

1) Are you happy, sad, or indifferent about Malmo winning the cup?

2) Does anyone in real life like family or friends know that you go on VHL?

3) Would you ever consider meeting someone on VHL in real life if you happened to be in the same area?

4) If the city of London was suddenly banned from the VHL because Victor became a tyrant, what city would you move the United to?

5) Does your player have any new or special offseason plans?

6) If you have someone over your house for burgers and other barbecue items, would you want them to tell you your burgers didn't taste that good or would you rather they lie and say they do to make you feel better? 

1 - totally indifferent

2 - I refer to it as my "fake hockey league". I share news like how the community donated a ton of money to the ACLU and food banks

3 - depends on the person 

4 - Edinburgh, without hesitation

5 - Putting a lot of TPE into strength to win those board battles. Hoping for a return to form.

6 - As a vegetarian, everyone's getting the same burger out of the box. If they don't like it, it's a condiment problem.