Updater

Quik

I'd love to update.

I spend a ton of time on this site reading stuff in the first place, and I wouldn't mind making it worthwhile for myself and for others.

I think my activity speaks for itself, and I know what a good piece of work looks like.

EDIT: Due to concerns raised below, I can promise that I'd act honorably as an updater. No skipping my guys to the front of the line, no approving my own stuff right away, etc.

Edited by GustavMattias

Hello,

I am applying for the position of updater, as I am seeking to do more around the league not only to help better myself and familiarize myself further with the league, but also because I want more prominent roles within the league to show my commitment to the league, and because I feel like I can do more. 

With that being said, I have 2 and a half seasons under my belt as AGM for the San Diego Marlins, there I've been very active with day-to-day operations including offering on new players via waivers, helping with drafting (scouting, managing, selecting, etc), managing lines and tactics, providing input on our lines, helping within the LR to provide activity and fun for our players and much more. 

I feel like I am very capable for this job, and could really help with how active I've been ensuring to get updates done through the system as fast as possible, ensuring players get their points ASAP. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Edited by MexicanCow123

5 hours ago, Quik said:

We're looking to bring on one or two more Updaters. Pay is 3/TPE week, responsibilities include:

- Monitoring the Portal's Update Queue for pending updates

- Verifying links, TPE amounts, and nature of TPE claims

- Properly processing pending updates by approving, denying, or editing them 

There is no set pay structure for this job such as "x updates processed = x TPE". The expectation is that you check the Queue regularly and do a some approving whenever you have some spare time. It's very much a team effort and obviously this is not a job where you can just do some work on Monday and be done with it for the week, it's an ongoing and never-ending task so if that doesn't sound like a good fit for you, you probably should not apply. 

I would like to help out. I am active and would really enjoy doing this.

Not that I have any say in the matter, but I'd back @ColeMrtz and @rjfryman. I know a lot of these guys would be great and they're obviously very active, but I'm always hesitant to giving GMs or AGMs, particularly in the VHLM, updater permissions on the off chance they get in the habit of jumping in to update their own guys when they ask but don't clear the queue as often.

I don't have a player in the league at the moment (he's coming at the deadline) but I'd be interested in the position of updater and taking up the role prior to my player's creation. 

When I was in charge of the LIVE Player Rankings as Recruitment Crew, I would go through the update queue prior to updating those rankings and put through everyone's update free of charge, often on a daily or every other day basis, so I have experience with the job (and actually still have the powers leftover from that period). I'm very alert to what is and isn't considered valid in terms of TPE claimed (No complaints were ever levied my way in regards to incorrect updates) and in the past have spotted errors that other updaters had not. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Enorama said:

Not that I have any say in the matter, but I'd back @ColeMrtz and @rjfryman. I know a lot of these guys would be great and they're obviously very active, but I'm always hesitant to giving GMs or AGMs, particularly in the VHLM, updater permissions on the off chance they get in the habit of jumping in to update their own guys when they ask but don't clear the queue as often.

The same argument can be said about VHL GM's approving their own players. Shouldn't matter what position someone holds, this is for the position of Updater and like we've seen, it can be abused by anyone. To single out someone because they're affiliated with the "Minor" league shouldn't discredit them. If someone is serious about the job, then they will take it seriously. 

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

It is quite sad that you think that way about us VHLM GMs, but I could see that being an issue IF and ONLY IF there has been an instance of VHLM GM+Updater doing that sort of stuff, if there is not then it is BS considering that anyone who has a player could be doing stuff to help either his team or himself..... All in all - giving it to an active member of a community should be the most important thing.

Question

welfare (5) + updater (3)+ press (2) + trivia/vhl.com (2)

is that allowed as a full week? If the answer is yes I would love to apply. Check the vhl alot throughout the day (EU timezone) at work so can definitly get updates done. Just would like to know if i can drop media spots without the risk of losing points over it.

Edited by OrbitingDeath

48 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Question

welfare (5) + updater (3)+ press (2) + trivia/vhl.com (2)

is that allowed as a full week? If the answer is yes I would love to apply. Check the vhl alot throughout the day (EU timezone) at work so can definitly get updates done. Just would like to know if i can drop media spots without the risk of losing points over it.

yeah, that's my setup but with the 4 pt Welfare because i'm a baby VHLer

Thank you to everyone who applied.

@OrbitingDeath and @Tagger have been hired on as Updaters. As well, @rjfryman has also been added as an updater, but will not be claiming pay for the job as he is already at the cap.