HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

For the week ending 5/24:

1. Our free agent foot rubbing worked just the way we wanted, as Acyd Burn and ACL TEAR have signed with us! Do you treat them any differently now that they're under contract?

2. I've made a TON of moves in the past week or so, and it's starting to look like we're doing what we can to compete this season. Do you agree with this? Do you think it's being taken too quickly?

3. The draft was this past Saturday! We picked up Hornet and Winter at 1 and 2, and loaded up on VHLM prospects in the later rounds. If you've gotten a chance to take a look at our draft class, what are your opinions?

4. Last week, I failed to mention that we brought up Joakim Bruden from the minors as well. What should my punishment be?

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

6. We have one assistant captain spot open! Who's your #1 choice for it?

Tagging our active roster here. If you're a player who would not like to be tagged in our press conference, or if you're a prospect who would, let me know.

@Quik @Acydburn @DirtyDerek @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack

1. Our free agent foot rubbing worked just the way we wanted, as Acyd Burn and ACL TEAR have signed with us! Do you treat them any differently now that they're under contract?

Yes, they are officially Dynamos.

2. I've made a TON of moves in the past week or so, and it's starting to look like we're doing what we can to compete this season. Do you agree with this? Do you think it's being taken too quickly?

We are taking it too quickly, absolutely yes. The results we'll be seen end of the season. But we will in the top of Europe. Moscow? The rest? pfffffttt.

3. The draft was this past Saturday! We picked up Hornet and Winter at 1 and 2, and loaded up on VHLM prospects in the later rounds. If you've gotten a chance to take a look at our draft class, what are your opinions?

I like it. In my opinion, the two first players picked are super good.

4. Last week, I failed to mention that we brought up Joakim Bruden from the minors as well. What should my punishment be?

Two weeks in the basement.

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

I was surprised. Knowing our discord LR interactions, a surprise. Interesting choice too.

I would say, Roque Davis, but I noticed he already has the A. I can't decide who.

59 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Our free agent foot rubbing worked just the way we wanted, as Acyd Burn and ACL TEAR have signed with us! Do you treat them any differently now that they're under contract? yes, no more foot rubs.

2. I've made a TON of moves in the past week or so, and it's starting to look like we're doing what we can to compete this season. Do you agree with this? Do you think it's being taken too quickly? I mean, things can be never turned around too quickly, I think we’re a contender, but you never know.

3. The draft was this past Saturday! We picked up Hornet and Winter at 1 and 2, and loaded up on VHLM prospects in the later rounds. If you've gotten a chance to take a look at our draft class, what are your opinions? I haven’t looked really, but I’ve seen the players come in the locker room, and they seem pretty great.

4. Last week, I failed to mention that we brought up Joakim Bruden from the minors as well. What should my punishment be? give everyone in the team a bonus ??

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts? Uhh, he’s racist a cool guy to be around, so i’m glad.

6. We have one assistant captain spot open! Who's your #1 choice for it? Not sure, sonnet, or mcwolf.

41 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/24:

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in  as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

Tagging our active roster here. If you're a player who would not like to be tagged in our press conference, or if you're a prospect who would, let me know.

1. No comment, newbie here!

2. No, I think shoring up with primers as you draft great players is the proper move. It'll lead to great things.

3. Well, you certainly can't go wrong with two new, VHL-ready young stars like these two. It'll only be two or three seasons before you have a new top line. 

4. You have to listen to VHL podcasts when you're going to, and all through your sleep for the next week. 

5. ... what are his.. talents?

6. Uh... uhhhhh... I don't know our curretn captain or assistant, but i'd say Acyd or the player with the next highest leadership. 

Nope, I like Acyd, and I'm not familiar with ACL. I'm sure I'll get to know them soon though. 

Definitely not too quick for me, as I'm on the squad now. No reason we can't compete now, and continue to build. 

Those look like some pretty good additions. I'm looking forward to seeing them up soon. 

I think 40 lashes would suffice. 

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

I think he'll be a good addition. Looking forward to taking our spot at the top. 

Acyd

1. Our free agent foot rubbing worked just the way we wanted, as Acyd Burn and ACL TEAR have signed with us! Do you treat them any differently now that they're under contract?

I've always liked acyd, but I don't know anyone who likes ACL tears.  But if they're scoring, they're scoring.

Yeah I was enjoying losing and getting our butt handed to us against everyone except NY

We're excited about Winter and Hornets?

2 weeks of listening to nothing but Darius Rucker

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

Which Berocka?

Always Ahma

• Commissioner

1. Our free agent foot rubbing worked just the way we wanted, as Acyd Burn and ACL TEAR have signed with us! Do you treat them any differently now that they're under contract?

Fuck those guys

Going to be interesting to see what the team can pull off

Do the Glade method and sell!

Clean the bathrooms

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in @Berocka as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

Who?

Who knows?

Acyd Burn was a good move. Nothing like having an underachiever on the team to make everyone else look good. We have a lot in common.

Great moves and yes, I feel it will be a very successful season.

I haven't a clue as  I don't follow the draft. Seems like you did very good.

I think a firm spanking would suffice, but you would most likely enjoy it.

5. Some non-trade news came recently when it was announced that I'd be bringing in  as my slave AGM. What are your thoughts?

AGM's are good to have when you have so many moves to make and a huge draft.

Acyd has great leadership qualities.

For the week ending 5/31:

1. We've gotten off to a hot start! Do you think this is something we can keep up?

2. What are your thoughts on your individual production so far?

3. It's early, but we're right up with the top teams in the European Conference! Which European team do you think is our biggest threat?

4. wHaT's YoUR pReGaMe RiTUaL LmAo How do you feel about our press conference questions? What kind of questions do you want to answer--more league-related stuff, more related to real life, more specific, more general? Are things fine the way they are?

5. Early on last season, I asked how everyone was handling their own quarantine situations. I'm here to ask it again--are you doing OK in real life? What are you doing to pass the time?

6. One person in the league gives you their login information and tells you to make any one post you want. Who is it and what do you post?

@Quik @Acydburn @DirtyDerek @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack

1. We've gotten off to a hot start! Do you think this is something we can keep up?

For sure. Everything clicks, we won't stop.

A huge surprise. I didn't expect to be a top scoring defenseman.

3. It's early, but we're right up with the top teams in the European Conference! Which European team do you think is our biggest threat?

Moscow has had our number pretty damn good. So Moscow.

4. wHaT's YoUR pReGaMe RiTUaL LmAo How do you feel about our press conference questions? What kind of questions do you want to answer--more league-related stuff, more related to real life, more specific, more general? Are things fine the way they are?

More variety I guess.

5. Early on last season, I asked how everyone was handling their own quarantine situations. I'm here to ask it again--are you doing OK in real life? What are you doing to pass the time?

I'm good. Same old, same old.

6. One person in the league gives you their login information and tells you to make any one post you want. Who is it and what do you post?

Beketov. An announcement saying that Quebec City Meute is brought back to VHL. Bring back Quebec!

1. We've gotten off to a hot start! Do you think this is something we can keep up?

Yes, we have a good team. 

I think my relief game was pretty good. Can't argue with the underlying numbers. There's a lot less pressure in a backup role. 

3. It's early, but we're right up with the top teams in the European Conference! Which European team do you think is our biggest threat?

Helsinki. They are right up there with us. 

Closer to the league, but honestly how does one keep coming up with questions time and time again? 

Honestly no. The days in isolation are making me crazy, and few outlets have me intersect with other people. 

Who ever the top upcoming FA is. I'd say that my only criteria is contract, go! 

18 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I think we can. We're looking good so far and I dont see it changing.

2. I wish I could have more minutes to help the team, but im satisfied with my production.
3. Moscow

4. I literally don't care, I'm just here because the coach told me to be. And I want that thicccc 2 TPE.

5. Its going alright, getting kind of boring to be honest.

6. @Enorama or @Cusemode and i would probably post "HUR HUR HUR"

On 5/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, GustavMattias said:

We'll need the Winter Hornet Wangs line to start scoring a bit more, but yes, I believe we can be one of the better teams in Europe.

I like that I was going ppg after 7 games. I dislike that I scored like once in the next 6 games.

MoskvaMoskvaMoskva

I like questions that are easy to answer, but also harder ones like trying to predict who will win MVP or stuff like that. I prefer VHL-related questions to personal questions.

I'm fine. My work was hectic for a while, but it kind of settled back to normal, now. It's still keeping me busy, but I'll survive.

I'd post an Ode to McWolf from Gustav's account.

Yeah we have a lot more tools than before.  I think we make some noise come playoff time

2. What are your thoughts on your individual production so far?  Inconsistent but when I'm on, I'm good.

3. It's early, but we're right up with the top teams in the European Conference! Which European team do you think is our biggest threat? Moscow

4. wHaT's YoUR pReGaMe RiTUaL LmAo How do you feel about our press conference questions? What kind of questions do you want to answer--more league-related stuff, more related to real life, more specific, more general? Are things fine the way they are?  I think the questions are fine.  It's a nice mix of funny and serious

I finally get to go back to work next week so that's going to cut into my video game time quite a bit

6. One person in the league gives you their login information and tells you to make any one post you want. Who is it and what do you post? Gustav praising his goalie tandem

On 5/26/2020 at 12:21 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'm a hot minute from going down in vhl history as a failure so we damn well better

2. It's good so far. But last season, I started good as well, before falling to just over 0.5ppg.

3. While Helsinki is obvious, I personally think we should keep an eye on Moscow.

4. I like things the way they are - aside from the constant repetition. I like quick to answer questions, personally. Call me lazy. I dare you. :D 

5. Well, I have a fancy 'ol VR headset, so that's my time passer. I'm doing okay - could be worse, I've learned alot about myself during th is shitshow.

6. Beketov. 'O'Quinn is a failure'.

1. We've gotten off to a hot start! Do you think this is something we can keep up? Haha, theres usually a time when a team gets on a hot/cold streak, just depends how long those two last.

2. What are your thoughts on your individual production so far? For a rookie, im loving it so far, 8 point in 21 games,more than a point every 3 games, which is pretty great.

3. It's early, but we're right up with the top teams in the European Conference! Which European team do you think is our biggest threat? Uhh, not really sure yet, and you really cant tell until late season.

4. wHaT's YoUR pReGaMe RiTUaL LmAo How do you feel about our press conference questions? What kind of questions do you want to answer--more league-related stuff, more related to real life, more specific, more general? Are things fine the way they are? More gooder.

5. Early on last season, I asked how everyone was handling their own quarantine situations. I'm here to ask it again--are you doing OK in real life? What are you doing to pass the time? VHL, I became a VHLM AGM lately, so thats helped alot, to pass time :D !

6. One person in the league gives you their login information and tells you to make any one post you want. Who is it and what do you post? @Zetterberg “Alex Bridges is better than me at everything.”

For the week ending 6/7:

1. TRADING NOISES. Yesterday I moved out Derek Eriksson, Michael Hall, Milos Slavik, and a 1st-rounder for Jet Jaguar and Killy Foilen. Your thoughts?

2. How do you feel your own production will turn post-trade? Will you get better or worse?

3. So far, we've been just about average record-wise. Is this about what you expected or not?

4. I disappear and the team is handed off to you. What's the very first move you make as GM?

5. What's the best trash-talk line you've given someone on the ice?

6. Times are...not the greatest right now. What's one thing your player is doing to help the community?

@Quik @Acydburn @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. TRADING NOISES. Yesterday I moved out Derek Eriksson, Michael Hall, Milos Slavik, and a 1st-rounder for Jet Jaguar and Killy Foilen. Your thoughts?

As part of the pieces coming back, I'm happy with the trade. I think playing in Davos gives me a better chance at a S72 and S73 cup.

2. How do you feel your own production will turn post-trade? Will you get better or worse?

I think I can only get better. Jaguar has been a let-down for the past 2 season, so hopefully it's upward from here. The forward core in Davos has a lot more tpe than Moscow.

3. So far, we've been just about average record-wise. Is this about what you expected or not?

I think Davos has overperformed tbh. I like it.

4. I disappear and the team is handed off to you. What's the very first move you make as GM?

Hand the GM position to HC Davos legend Ahma. Then get permabanned.

"Hey Condor Adrienne, you could open a can of Chef Boyardee with those chompers."

6. Times are...not the greatest right now. What's one thing your player is doing to help the community?

Jaguar was forced to delete his social media after several tone-deaf tweets criticizing the protests and encouraging looting and rioting. His PR team walked off the job soon after.

I feel like we improve for the now and short term with this move. Gives us an earlier open window

I will remain ass firmly planted on the bench. My door opening abilities will remain top shape

Yes, but some moves to push this window up means we should be nudging that ration higher shortly

To trade Ross, the Bruden Era is now!

"Tell your sister owes me $10 for the lube last night"

cam shows for the ladies

Absolutely an amazing trade. Gorlab is a great guy.

Stays about the same.

I expected better. About average is not goof enough.

I hand it over to someone more suitable.

I couldn't say that I have one. I trash-talk in finnish, so most people don't even understand it.

I donate to charity, obviously. I also help whenever I can the local people. Once a year, I hold an event to the local Davos people, we have a lot of activities, competitions and I personally give stuff I don't need to people who need a hand. Some of my teammates have joined me on that. We, VHL players, make a lot of money and putting that to use for people who need it more, is great.

I love Gorlab so I love the trade

Hopefully better, it's been a weird year. Last year I kept the team afloat a lot, this year I'm sinking them

Of course not, but there's still lots of hockey left.

Get a better goalie, maybe drug test some of the players

"come on you've hit your mother harder than that"

Just staying inside.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:53 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/7:

1. A (much) better team seals the deal. What else need be said? 

2.  While my production as of yet us certainly passable, i'd hope it goes up. Though I wou ldnt be surprised if it dropped...

3. Yes, I was told we'd be a middling bubble team... thats what I got. 

4. Ban O'Quinn. Then git gud.

5. Uh... um... uh... 'you.. suck. bud.'

6. O'Quinn will have donated by this point, but more importantly, to him, gave his kids a stern lecture about the on hand topic. 

For the week ending 6/14:

1. What's with all these shootout losses to Riga? What's your theory?

2. Now that we're halfway through the season, do you think I made the right decision in aiming to compete? Why or why not?

3. What's your in-season diet?

4. How many points will you put up this season?

5. You get to become the GM of any other team in the league for a day. Which team is it and what do you do with your power?

6. Who will be the point leader for Davos come the end of the season?

@Quik @Acydburn @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. What's with all these shootout losses to Riga? What's your theory?

First, we should at least, win in OT. Shootouts are a 50/50 fan funfest that proves nothing. Riga is just lucky.

2. Now that we're halfway through the season, do you think I made the right decision in aiming to compete? Why or why not?

Too early to tell. Playoffs are what matters the most.

3. What's your in-season diet?

Pasta, broccoli and cucumber, chicken, fish and rice. Nothing out of the ordinary.

4. How many points will you put up this season?

15. And that's if I'm blessed with luck.

5. You get to become the GM of any other team in the league for a day. Which team is it and what do you do with your power?

Vancouver. Move the team to Quebec City, like it use to be and like it should be!

6. Who will be the point leader for Davos come the end of the season?

Jet Jaguar.