Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. We drafted some new players, so who are you going to mentor?

Well I still need to be mentored, is Jasper Canmore still on the team?

2. Since we have new LR members are we going to change the way  we sit? Who do you sit next to now, is is staying the same of will you be moving?

I still want to sit next to Jasper Canmore, he's my best bud on the team!

3. Calgary made some interesting trades and acquired some key pieces how do you think that will affect our season?

Well I just woke up from a long nap so I have no idea on this. Did we made a trade?

4. If you had to pick an alternative team to go to if Calgary was no longer a VHL Hockey team, where would you want to go?

I liked my stay in Helsinki, but now Helsinki is the past. Maybe Seattle would be nice, or Québec, I wanna play for Québec Meute if Calgary don't have a team anymore!

5. How often to you break your stick in the season? How do you usually break them.

I usually break it when I'm sent to the penalty box, which happens too frequently, or when I'm robbed by the opposite goalie.

6. Name something other than hockey equipment in your hockey bag.

My lunch. Yes i put my lunch in my hockey bag and I eat it in the locker room. By the way it's weird, my meal is always smelling sweat, I wonder why?

7. Come up with a bad nickname for someone on the team. 

Well besides Jasper Canmore, I don't remember who else is on the team so I can't answer this one.

Here are more questions, remember you only need to do 6 a week for 2 TPE! :)

1. Now that we area few games in what are you thinking about Calgary's chances at the cup?

2. What are do you think of our locker room?

3. What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

4. What do you think we could be doing better?

5. Who is your best locker room buddy?

6. What color of hockey tape do you use to go with your Wranglers uniform?

7. What is your goal song?

8. What is the Song they play when we send you butt to the box?

9. What is the best part of the VHL for you?

10. Did you get a brand contract?

11. Would you ever create media for that brand? What would you do in the ad?

12. Are you a fan favorite? What do the fans love most about your player?

On 3/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Here are more questions, remember you only need to do 6 a week for 2 TPE! :)

1. Now that we area few games in what are you thinking about Calgary's chances at the cup?

2. What are do you think of our locker room?

3.  What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

4. What do you think we could be doing better?

5. Who is your best locker room buddy?

6. What color of hockey tape do you use to go with your Wranglers uniform?

1 - I think right now we are not ready to make a run, but we will, I'm sure.

2 - I think our lockerroom is something special with all this nice people, current, past and future ? players.

3 - I think it's the right players and users and they will do great.

4 - Nothing, I mean Calgary is set to become the greatest team of all time. That's just facts.

5 - I think everyone in our lockerrom is great but If I had to take someone it would probably be either AW or Tactical.

6 - Black, Fish is a serious guy.

Hey guys I'm here with more 12more questions for some easy tpe :) you only need 6 for 2 tpe..

1. Who is the nest up for trade bait? Cgy has traded a lot of assets who are we moving next and why?
  2. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  3. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  4. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  5. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  6. Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.
  7. Do you celebrate a lot of holidays and do you encourage your team to celebrate with you?
  8. How do you feel the team is gelling together?
  9. Type of Skates you use?
  10. Most useless VHL Brand and what you think they should be replaced with.
  11. Teach me something, give me a random fact.
  12. one interest you have other than hockey.

Who is the nest up for trade bait? Cgy has traded a lot of assets who are we moving next and why?

I'm thinking I (Lando Baxter) could be.  I'm one of the oldest and am enjoying my best offensive season ever.  I've been told I'm not going anywhere but never say never.

If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?

Green and black.  Red and black fit Calgary better, but I'm from Ireland and am down with hockey teams in green.

Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?

Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski.  Dude is built like a truck and I think has been punched in the head too many times.

Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?

I've tried Discord a few times, but keep running into issues so I guess I'd say forum for now.

What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.

My Lord and Savious Jesus Christ.  And Redbull.

Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.

I've put a Bible in everyone's bag.  The guys don't appreciate it very much.  But they tell me the pages are good for rolling joints with, so whatevs.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, BladeMaiden said:
  1.  Do you celebrate a lot of holidays and do you encourage your team to celebrate with you?
  2. How do you feel the team is gelling together?
  3. Type of Skates you use?
  4. Most useless VHL Brand and what you think they should be replaced with.
  5. Teach me something, give me a random fact.
  6. one interest you have other than hockey.

1- Sure! Happiness is the key to be good at sports, and there's always somenthing to celebrate. It makes for a better enviroment at work. 

2- Awesome. We're in this for some seasons together, and everything is goiung smooth so far.

3- I use a cruiser to go to the metro station but I'd like to get a carver. They're expensive tho. lol

4- Maybe Brands shbould be about a league topic each week forced by a admin, so everyone should give their opinion on the matter.

5- Some sharks living in frigid waters can heat their eyes with a special organ in their eye socket so they can hunt more efficiently regardless of the temperatures.

6- Swimming!

On 3/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, BladeMaiden said:
  • Who is the nest up for trade bait? Cgy has traded a lot of assets who are we moving next and why?
  • If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  • Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  • Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  • What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  • Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.

1 - I don't think we need to move anyone else. We are set for the future as we stand. Expansion draft is going to hit hard tho, that sucks.

2 - I've always like yellow and black, idk why.

3 - I think Diljodh wins here, he is very excentric. Nowadys he is mad because he wants to win RoTY, it's hilarius.

4 - Discord LR because the forum LR is mostly empty hehe

5 - Confidence in what I'm doing. Things may go wrong but if you believe in what you are doing they will certainly get better.

6 - I once slipped a hot dog with ketchup and mayonanise into a bag as a prank. It turned out really bad.

Hey Everyone!  more questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

On 3/25/2019 at 5:12 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone!  more questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4.  Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7.  What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

1. I'm very excited. Fish going to play representing the team Europe and I think we have a chance to be up there.

2. Well, team Europe, obviously. Gotta root for my guys.

3. Team Europe. I take pride in being a homer.

4. Elasmobranch Fish, of course. My dude is going to destroy the competence. ?

5. I don't know about this year but next season is going to be the Calgary Wranglers. Book it now. Quote me on that. All the players. 

6. Well my nation anthem hasn't any lyrics so I think we just go with a respectfull pose.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 5:12 AM, BladeMaiden said:
  1. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  2.  one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  3.  Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  4. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  5. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  6. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

1- I fear I am still not ready to GM any team. That could only end in a disaster.

2- Puigdemont! He's a Spaniard too and a very good player. he could certainly help but I think that trade is not realistic.

3- Not going to lie. Yes, I would. Flags represent values and there are some values that I have no respect for. I would burn their flags.

4- I don't know! I still don't know the rules! This has to be a mistake, Mr. Referee.

5- I guess Eurpres uses blue and yellow? I would like to wear blue and yellow.

6- Welfare makes it really easy to users like me to earn some decent amount of TPE. This affiliate leagues thing is the best thing the leagues could have done.

Hey My Fellow Rowdy Wranglers! It is that magical time of year where all of us who did not make the play offs get to start booking our tee times. So here are some Questions for  My Favorite Group of Guys!!! (Answer 3 for 1 tpe and 6 for 2!! Max 2 TPE a week)

1- How do you feel about the Season as a whole, what are you hoping for next season?

2- The VHL Draft is just around the corner  looking at the prospects who would you snag and who would you let go if you were GM, and why?

3- Who are you partnering up with for your first round of golf at the 2nd Annual Wrangler Charity Golf Tournament, Sponsored by OverArmour @DilIsPickle?

4- What id your go to Activity to keep in shape in the Off season? Is their any one on the team who you feel might be out of shape?

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon Blue, Green, and Yellow tape (your Fav Goalie just played a tick on you ;) )Do you use the tape or go without? What would do to retaliate?

6- a.) VHL team you would like to see lose the cup and why.   OR

b.)VHL team you would like to see win the cup and why

OFF Season Hype!!

6 questions about your Off season :)

1. Are you going on a trip if yes where did you go?
  2. Did you spend time with family and friends in the off season? what is your best off season memory?
  3. What are you doing with your 10 TPE from the Training camp?
  4. Are you in shape? do you think you will meet league qualifications to play or did you get  fat and out of shape in the off season?
  5. Who do you want to sit next to next season?
  6. Do you like  the CGY LR Vibe? Do you tell other how awesome we are? (Because we are amazing)

Hello Wranglers! Here are 10 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

2-What was your worst job?

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

6-What does your name mean?

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you ever get tired of hearing the stuck in the elevator question?

2. Do you think the logo should be changed to what the Las Vegas Wranglers used to use?

3. How do you think the Calgary Wranglers can improve this season?

4. Do you ever go ice fishing?

5. What is your favorite place to go out to eat in Calgary?

6. What do you like to do in the off season that doesn't involve hockey?

7. Would you play for less money to stay in Calgary?

8. What do you focus on most when you are training?

9. Who is your favorite NHL player?

10. Have you ran into any problems with the organization so far?

4 hours ago, PenKnight said:

2. Do you think the logo should be changed to what the Las Vegas Wranglers used to use?

3. How do you think the Calgary Wranglers can improve this season?

6. What do you like to do in the off season that doesn't involve hockey?

7. Would you play for less money to stay in Calgary?

8. What do you focus on most when you are training?

9. Who is your favorite NHL player?

2. 175px-LasVegasWranglers(2003-2010)_logo. vs gilpRtC.png

Our current logo is actually one of my favorite in the VHL. I love the idea of a team full of stallions (basically studs) gives off that we are the best feel. Plus, the colours are bold and the logo looks very good at any size because of the simplicity.

3.) I think @Bushito has done an amazing job of constructing a competitive team that will be gunning for the cup. Calgary has decided to compete and nothing is going to stand in our way, all that is left for the players to too is keep upgrading their players with tpe and enjoy the ride. It is going to be a run season.

6.)In the Off Season I (Brick Wahl) am spending time planning my wedding to Toronto Legion's star defenseman  Tzuyu @tfong (We are #ForumOfficial now)

7.) So something you might not know is that some of us younger gen players basically sold our souls to play in Calgary, so yes I would 100%.

8.) I focus on rebounding lately,  but my reaction time, hand speed and style control are also important!

9.) Erik Karlsson, I'm an Ottawa fan so he was always one of my favs, now that he is on the sharks i can't kelp but still cheer for him and wish him the best.

Edited by BladeMaiden

• 2 weeks later...

OK Calgary this weeks Presser is about Our LR so lets paint a picture of what it is like in the best LR in the VHL!! Seriously, you all make it amazing and I want to let everyone know Calgary is the best on and off the ice!

1. Best thing in your locker currently?

2. Our best pregame or post game ritual

3. Your best friend in the Locker Room?

4. Bushito is angry at someone on the team, who is he angry with and why?

5. With our team colours there are so may options for tape colours you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

6. Craziest thing you've seen a GM or Teammate do? What was it and who was it?

7. What should our mascot be? How do you feel about Bushito hiring ice girls?

8. How are the holidays with the wranglers? Do you guys get festive in the LR?

For the following questions feel free to mix and match

9.Answer these with a player on our team:

Most likely to start a fight with the other team?

Most likely to bring the whole team cookies?

Most likely to HoF?

10. Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be friendly with animals?

Who is most likely to be sensitive?

Who is most likely to be not able to control the laugh at serious moments?

11.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be a gambler?

Who is most likely to pick up a puck bunny with nothing but his smile?

Who is most likely to crack jokes?

12.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be willing to marry a celebrity?

Who is most likely to try the weird things in public?

Who is most likely to make more friends?

13. Bonus Question!!

Tell me a Funny Story about anything Reapers Related!

(If you are on the Reapers In the VHLM these questions are already in our LR, except for the one about Bushito ;) )

GM:

@Bushito

Team:

@nethi99@LIL V O D AK@GlowyGoat

@Trifecta @DilIsPickle@Sharkstrong@Banackock@AndrewWarren13@TacticalHammer@DollarAndADream@BladeMaiden@cody73@JohnOQuinn@zepheter@FrostBeard

Edited by BladeMaiden
Andrew Warren pointing out my failures!

1 minute ago, DilIsPickle said:

Dil because Bush is old. And old people get angry quik 

I expect most ppl will answer either you or me :D probably because we kid around so much in the LR!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Best thing in your locker currently? A Ukrainian Flag

2. Our best pregame or post game ritual Group hugs in the showers after every win!

3. Your best friend in the Locker Room? Brick Wahl and Fish!

4. Bushito is angry at someone on the team, who is he angry with and why? Dils cause he crazy!

5. With our team colours there are so may options for tape colours you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?) Yellow and Blue for Ukraine! even though it clashes!

6. Craziest thing you've seen a GM or Teammate do? What was it and who was it? I saw Roll once kill a man with his skate, it was crazy!

7. We just did a vote for a mascot? How do you feel about Blade hiring ice girls? Ice Girls!!!! Calgary needs them!

8. How are the holidays with the reapers? Do you guys get festive in the LR? With the Reapers? I feel like there is a hidden agenda in these questions! ;) 

1 hour ago, AndrewWarren13 said:

7. We just did a vote for a mascot? How do you feel about Blade hiring ice girls? Ice Girls!!!! Calgary needs them!

8. How are the holidays with the reapers? Do you guys get festive in the LR? With the Reapers? I feel like there is a hidden agenda in these questions! ;) 

^ when you screw up but ur team is nice about it, i 100% forgot to change the questions for Calgary!! So much fail lol ? 

OK Team lets do this Wranglers!! 1 tpe for 3 questions, or  6 questions for a max of 2 tpe !

1. Who would you ask to help you if your muscles froze up after a workout and you couldn't move?

2. Name something you gave a nickname to that is work related, what nickname did you give it?

3. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been as part of your hockey career?

4. When you’re had a bad day, what  is the best thing a teammate has done to help you feel better?

5. When you notice a teammate having a bad day what do you do to cheer them up?

6. Who is the CGY GOAT (Greatest of all Time?) Tag em!

7. Have you ever sent a text message to the wrong person? (what did you say? and who was it?)

8. What is one thing you refuse to share?

9.  If you could make a rule for the Wranglers and everyone had to follow it, what would it be?

10.What movie completely changes its plot when you change one letter in its title?

11. Using only images Pick a teammate and describe how you feel about them (Tag the teammate lol)

12.What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?

GM:

@Bushito

Team:

@Trifecta @DilIsPickle@Sharkstrong@Banackock@AndrewWarren13@TacticalHammer@DollarAndADream@BladeMaiden@cody73@JohnOQuinn@zepheter@FrostBeard

1- I think I would try to cover it. Just rest for a minute and try again. But my team is very nice and they would notice it and help me, no questions. They would mock the shit out of me tho, which is understandable.

5- Just make them know you're there if they need you. I try to make them stop thinking in what is causing them pain. Maybe make some stupid shit, like "no, we just can't go and climb that mountain at 3 am. Me: why so? Just grab a lantern." Then they stop thinking about their shit and start thinking that we both are fucking crazy.

7- Yes, I sent a message to an ex (not an ex at the moment) saying that I missed her and if she wanted to do something to another friend. Meh.

8- I guess that my wildest dreams and biggest fears? That's something that one I know about.

9- Everyone has to wear a cowboy hat on Wednesdays. Even practicing. Over the helmet. 

10. The Load (The Road). The plot... widens.

3 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

OK Team lets do this Wranglers!! 1 tpe for 3 questions, or  6 questions for a max of 2 tpe !

1. Who would you ask to help you if your muscles froze up after a workout and you couldn't move?

2. Name something you gave a nickname to that is work related, what nickname did you give it?

3. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been as part of your hockey career?

4. When you’re had a bad day, what  is the best thing a teammate has done to help you feel better?

7. Have you ever sent a text message to the wrong person? (what did you say? and who was it?)

9.  If you could make a rule for the Wranglers and everyone had to follow it, what would it be?

10.What movie completely changes its plot when you change one letter in its title?

11. Using only images Pick a teammate and describe how you feel about them (Tag the teammate lol)

12.What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?

1. @BladeMaiden Brick Wahl of course, is there any other answer!?

3. Helsinki is a pretty place, Finland is a great country with great hockey fans. I love Calgary but Helsinki is very beautiful.

5. Comedic relief is always the best medicine!

7. Ooof, yeah, Revvy has sent nudes to some wrong people in his lifetime, with different results.

8. Dippin Dots, those things are so good, and so expensive for only a little bit.

9. Everyone must bow to a picture of Revvy before every game on their way out of the tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 7:08 AM, BladeMaiden said:

GM:

@Bushito

Team:

1. bushito because he’s old and probably knows what to do.

3. Definitely Vancouver. That place is beautiful wowzers

4. @AndrewWarren13 gives me hugs sometimes. Sometimes I have to force him to hug me though 

5. Slap em silly. Unless their name is @AndrewWarren13 because he gets a hug.

6. @DilIsPickle definitely. He’s just so darn good.

8. I absolutely refuse to share the answer to this question. Outrageous that you even asked.

1. Aren't the Wranglers supposed to win when Bash goes inactive? He always GM's championship winners while inactive

2. Is he inactive? maybe that's why it didn't happen this year but I haven't seen or heard much of him this season

3. What are the future plans of Calgary?

4. Biggest playoff performer?

5. Bigger playoff disappointment?