Kevin King to Shawn Glade: "Time does not equal success. You’ve had three different players and have shit the bed twice now."

IamMOOSE

I wanted to take a moment to respond to the article posted by @ShawnGlade. I wanted this to be short but through considerable effort I can’t unpack the cacophony of crap spewed out by Mr. Glade in short order. As a teammate on the Vancouver Wolves with SG III I’m disgusted and disheartened by his comments, but remarkably unsurprised.

Starting with your first point Shawn, I think your toxic personality is still front and center at this point. Whatever likely halfhearted apologies you made should likely be replaced by every GM you just tired to bury but we’ll get to that. I’ll instead point at what’s poisoned Vancouver in your inactivity. Shawn Glade III, much like Jr is yet another bust. You said it yourself, you’re inactive constantly. But the thing that gets me is two first round picks have been wasted on you now. You’ve done more to tarnish you legacy as a user at this point than any goodwill for the original player there may have been. Your tag of “Greatest Dman of All Time” makes me physically ill as you’re not even the best of your era.

Next is your comment on a change in culture. The problem isn’t a lack of immersion, pay attention to a podcast, articles, media spots. It’s never going to be, I doubt it ever was 100% commitment to the bit for every single player but to insinuate that there aren’t plenty of members of this community who don’t bust their ass to put out quality content related to the league makes you a fucking idiot. I was just on a podcast with 4 other people discussing the All-Star game and a review of our seasons. The lack of immersion stems from your lack of effort and lack of enthusiasm. As for meme culture, you best get used to it, look a real fucking hockey, the NHL advertises there shitty EA game, they have podcasts from players and analysts that go off the rails all the time. Articles are written about best goal celebrations sometimes; football is even worse. Players do interviews and talk about random shit all time as well; you’re completely tone deaf.

You got one thing right, you aren’t entitled to shit. Tenure shouldn’t mean anything. I’ll break it down for you like this, time does not equal success. You’ve had three different players and have shit the bed twice now. You didn’t get an Updater job because get this, YOU GO INACTIVE CONSTANTLY DUMBASS! Why would someone give you responsibilities in the league when you fucked it all up for yourself last time and have never really made a long term attempt to come back with a less shitty attitude. No, every GM probably shouldn’t be a BoG. It should really be Admin/Commish, and the Board of GMs if we’re being honest with ourselves. It’s what the NHL does but that’s a different bridge for a different day. You likely weren’t approached for becoming a member of the BoG because once again, you said yourself you’re toxic. Having skills in VFX and Excel are nice and lots of people have skills in this league but what did you do to make an impact or put yourself out there besides bitch?

GMs don’t suck, you do. I can’t speak to every single GM in this league past/present but can confirm that @Beaviss is in fact a great fucking GM. @Banackock has so many cups I think he’s starting a charity to give them away. @Ricer13 in Miami, phenomenal GM who worked with his AGM all fucking season to field, develop and interact with every single member of a completely full s73 roster. @Spartan in Vegas along with AGM in @JigglyGumballs have the best, most active discord in this league bar none. Spartan was a major key in my development as a long term member of this community. @InstantRockstar in San Diego, I don’t do everything as his AGM. He’s teaching me how things work and I do my part with other tasks. I certainly don’t do everything. Jiggly doesn’t do everything. Rice is so incredibly hands on he was able to waiver sign his team into the playoffs. That’s effort. You may suck at it but don’t pass your failures on others. You have VHL GMs grinding to build four expansion teams, an incredible guy in Moscow in front office. You’re baseless in your argument.

The league hasn’t expanded to much, you just can’t keep up. Teams are beginning to field top 9 forwards and defensemen some 5-6 deep. Every team should carry two goalies sure. Is there room for more players, sure. But expanding too quickly. You’re out of touch. You liked you clean, bubble league where it wasn’t a 30-man/woman race for the top of the leaderboards. Where that second round didn’t hurt your spot. When you could be loud to get your way and now people ignore you because this amazing community works well together and barely pays you any mind at all. You’ve gotten your fifteen minutes from me Shawn. Time to go back into obscurity for six months and try again.

Wait, did I get shit on somewhere again? Of all the constant times I’ve helped Shawn, spoken nicely to or defended... and I thought we were on good terms.. and I’m being shit on randomly again?

Let it go and move on. It feels better. Someone Gimmie the link so I can hop in on this madness. 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Wait, did I get shit on somewhere again? Of all the constant times I’ve helped Shawn, spoken nicely to or defended... and I thought we were on good terms.. and I’m being shit on randomly again?

Let it go and move on. It feels better. Someone Gimmie the link so I can hop in on this madness. 

shawn said Beav and I are the only good GM’s so I say ..

LET THE MAN TALK! 

tim and eric smile GIF

Hmm, s49 to 59 (10 seasons) I believe and then the next was 68 then 69 and then 71 and then 72.

So I think, and correct me if I’m wrong, but 49-69 is 20 and I won 3 cups in that span. You could argue 1 every 10 which isn’t too bad imo. I would focus on your own nest, Birb. ;) 

1. Beav 1 in 16

2. Esso 0/8 but chirps like a chickadee

3. Eno 0/7 - expansion and he’s gone further than NYA usually I think 

4. DA’s last cup was S30 I think.. that tenure ran S26-S41 = 11 + what - 7 seasons with Prague? = 18 but expansion last 7.. 
5. Moscow is all things good

6. Riga is all things good. 

7. Gustav - Davos

The rest are new or expansion.

Remember when New York didn’t suck ass. Man that’s a long time ago. #21&CountingAndNoEndInSight

When I first entered the league and joined Halifax, I was proud as a 21st player to have a former GM helping us out in Shawn. Thran, our GM, raved about him and would tell me that Shawn was a fantastic guy. It's sad but the second I graduated to the VHL, I noticed that his reputation in my eyes dwindled as he grew into this entitled being. I've defended Shawn in the past and I fully regret it now. The fact that he can't even keep up as an AGM of Halifax because his pride is so hurt. I can't blame him for not giving a shit about this league anymore. Let's just not give him the attention or time he thinks he deserves when he does harmful things in this community.

PS. Preach King. I think we should all leave Shawn on this note. Wonderful way to ignore him from now on.

5 hours ago, IamMOOSE said:

No, every GM probably shouldn’t be a BoG. It should really be Admin/Commish, and the Board of GMs if we’re being honest with ourselves

I disagree. I think that there should be fair representation of every role in the VHL in the BoG otherwise it'll just turn into what the GM's want as opposed to what everyone would want. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a role to play in there and neither would some other great members who contribute.

Edited by fonziGG

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

otherwise it'll just turn into what the GM's want as opposed to what everyone would want.

This has often been the experience when too many GM's get in there. What's best for the league might not always be what's best or convenient for the team's of the league. A lot of times the two can be separated by most people but not always.

40 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Hmm, s49 to 59 (10 seasons) I believe and then the next was 68 then 69 and then 71 and then 72.

So I think, and correct me if I’m wrong, but 49-69 is 20 and I won 3 cups in that span. You could argue 1 every 10 which isn’t too bad imo. I would focus on your own nest, Birb. ;) 

1. Beav 1 in 16

2. Esso 0/8 but chirps like a chickadee

3. Eno 0/7 - expansion and he’s gone further than NYA usually I think 

4. DA’s last cup was S30 I think.. that tenure ran S26-S41 = 11 + what - 7 seasons with Prague? = 18 but expansion last 7.. 
5. Moscow is all things good

6. Riga is all things good. 

7. Gustav - Davos

The rest are new or expansion.

Remember when New York didn’t suck ass. Man that’s a long time ago. #21&CountingAndNoEndInSight

New York was a top team back when I joined in the S30s. Odin Tordahl, Connor Low, etc. A team I looked up to as a young buck and players I wanted to try to be like. 

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

New York was a top team back when I joined in the S30s. Odin Tordahl, Connor Low, etc. A team I looked up to as a young buck and players I wanted to try to be like. 

I won a cup with them in like 47 or something. Good then, will not dispute that. 

• 7 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 4:37 AM, IamMOOSE said:

I wanted to take a moment to respond to the article posted by @ShawnGlade. I wanted this to be short but through considerable effort I can’t unpack the cacophony of crap spewed out by Mr. Glade in short order. As a teammate on the Vancouver Wolves with SG III I’m disgusted and disheartened by his comments, but remarkably unsurprised.

Starting with your first point Shawn, I think your toxic personality is still front and center at this point. Whatever likely halfhearted apologies you made should likely be replaced by every GM you just tired to bury but we’ll get to that. I’ll instead point at what’s poisoned Vancouver in your inactivity. Shawn Glade III, much like Jr is yet another bust. You said it yourself, you’re inactive constantly. But the thing that gets me is two first round picks have been wasted on you now. You’ve done more to tarnish you legacy as a user at this point than any goodwill for the original player there may have been. Your tag of “Greatest Dman of All Time” makes me physically ill as you’re not even the best of your era.

Next is your comment on a change in culture. The problem isn’t a lack of immersion, pay attention to a podcast, articles, media spots. It’s never going to be, I doubt it ever was 100% commitment to the bit for every single player but to insinuate that there aren’t plenty of members of this community who don’t bust their ass to put out quality content related to the league makes you a fucking idiot. I was just on a podcast with 4 other people discussing the All-Star game and a review of our seasons. The lack of immersion stems from your lack of effort and lack of enthusiasm. As for meme culture, you best get used to it, look a real fucking hockey, the NHL advertises there shitty EA game, they have podcasts from players and analysts that go off the rails all the time. Articles are written about best goal celebrations sometimes; football is even worse. Players do interviews and talk about random shit all time as well; you’re completely tone deaf.

You got one thing right, you aren’t entitled to shit. Tenure shouldn’t mean anything. I’ll break it down for you like this, time does not equal success. You’ve had three different players and have shit the bed twice now. You didn’t get an Updater job because get this, YOU GO INACTIVE CONSTANTLY DUMBASS! Why would someone give you responsibilities in the league when you fucked it all up for yourself last time and have never really made a long term attempt to come back with a less shitty attitude. No, every GM probably shouldn’t be a BoG. It should really be Admin/Commish, and the Board of GMs if we’re being honest with ourselves. It’s what the NHL does but that’s a different bridge for a different day. You likely weren’t approached for becoming a member of the BoG because once again, you said yourself you’re toxic. Having skills in VFX and Excel are nice and lots of people have skills in this league but what did you do to make an impact or put yourself out there besides bitch?

GMs don’t suck, you do. I can’t speak to every single GM in this league past/present but can confirm that @Beaviss is in fact a great fucking GM. @Banackock has so many cups I think he’s starting a charity to give them away. @Ricer13 in Miami, phenomenal GM who worked with his AGM all fucking season to field, develop and interact with every single member of a completely full s73 roster. @Spartan in Vegas along with AGM in @JigglyGumballs have the best, most active discord in this league bar none. Spartan was a major key in my development as a long term member of this community. @InstantRockstar in San Diego, I don’t do everything as his AGM. He’s teaching me how things work and I do my part with other tasks. I certainly don’t do everything. Jiggly doesn’t do everything. Rice is so incredibly hands on he was able to waiver sign his team into the playoffs. That’s effort. You may suck at it but don’t pass your failures on others. You have VHL GMs grinding to build four expansion teams, an incredible guy in Moscow in front office. You’re baseless in your argument.

The league hasn’t expanded to much, you just can’t keep up. Teams are beginning to field top 9 forwards and defensemen some 5-6 deep. Every team should carry two goalies sure. Is there room for more players, sure. But expanding too quickly. You’re out of touch. You liked you clean, bubble league where it wasn’t a 30-man/woman race for the top of the leaderboards. Where that second round didn’t hurt your spot. When you could be loud to get your way and now people ignore you because this amazing community works well together and barely pays you any mind at all. You’ve gotten your fifteen minutes from me Shawn. Time to go back into obscurity for six months and try again.

I can't believe I just now saw this. I don't wanna open another can of worms here because what's in the past, is in the past.

Look, I can't be bothered to look up my old article and see what I wrote so I'll have to just guess based on your article. Yeah, probably pretty silly to make my article. It was a bit ago so I don't exactly why I wrote it, maybe I had a bad day or something set me off, idk. What I'll say is I definitely did make a mistake, and apologize to anyone I hurt or offended or just annoyed with the article. While I still somewhat agree what what I (probably) wrote, I feel confident in saying I prolly would not air it out in such a way again because either I don't feel as strongly or because words hurt, idk.

Regardless I still feel like this is extremely aggressive and honestly just rude. I get it, my words were harsh too but I never singled anybody out as a piece of shit. The reason why I've had poor activity is not only because I get wrapped up in stuff like this, but because I was battling a head injury and depression at the time of the article. I'm not saying this for pity or whatever because I don't it, but you have to realize I have my reasons for weird activity. Now I understand activity isn't the main issue here, it's my article. I'm not a dumbass, nor have as big of an ego as you say I do. I can admit when I make a mistake and this is one of those times like I said, but I really wish this was done in a more.......constructive way.

But who knows, you probably don't care anymore and neither do I

6 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

Look, I can't be bothered to look up my old article and see what I wrote so I'll have to just guess

6 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

I can admit when I make a mistake and this is one of those times like I said,

You should really go back and read it so you can actually take responsibility for your words (or see if your opinions changed, that’d be cool too!)

It’s all good to share your story about the bonk on your noggin, but that’s not a complete get-out-of-jail-free card either. That wasn’t a “I had one bad day” rant, that was like two years of pent up rage. It was just a tad more than “let’s all just move on and pretend it didn’t happen”, especially without any real sort of apology or recognition of what happened. 

I hope you’re good. I hope you’ve made peace with the things you trashed on your way out last time. I hope you’re ready to give this place an honest chance again. But, you really should go in eyes wide open. Your article had 67 replies, so it’s fair to say it made an impact on people. 

Edited by bigAL