So...V2 huh?

Quik

Fast Sim this season?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So after last night's sim results, I'm thinking of nuking this season and re-starting with different starting attributes (20 vs. 40 for skaters, 45 instead of 35 for goalies, new limits to prevent the brokenness of the low passing/high scoring meta).

This is what I'm thinking for the next iteration of rosters

But I'll leave the decision to the GMs. Would you rather carry on as planned, or finish the season tonight (full sim of regular season and playoffs), and re-start tomorrow?

I mean, we knew it would be broken anyway. There are no better version of STHS, they are all broken in their own way. Do Season 2 differently, but I'd carry on as planned for this one.

can still run the meta with the rules you put in place, just everyone gonna go 75/70 sc and 60/55 pa, will still work. Scoring will be much lower though. I don't really care how this plays out.

6 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

can still run the meta with the rules you put in place, just everyone gonna go 75/70 sc and 60/55 pa, will still work. Scoring will be much lower though. I don't really care how this plays out.

Well, yeah, there's still going to be builds in that vein, but with goalies being stronger and scorers being weaker, we can actually run something closer to a real sim with higher shot totals and penalties (literally everything is down between 1-5ish right now in the sliders, out of 99). Could also limit AP to 250 per skater, and 250 or 300 for goalies. Will it completely solve the meta? Probably not, I'd assume the highest scorers will still be the ones at 75/60 and 70/55, but it will also create a bit more balance in it.

My team is 3-8, so you might think I'd want a do-over. And it would be fun to try it again. But I can always try again next season! So I'm cool with finishing it out, unless it's going to be a bad experience for everyone.

22 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

How messed up is it that increasing an attribute (passing) is a negative lol 

Actually I'm testing this out. 

Both if my 90 PA players have 10+ assists and 0 goals. 

My forward lines are supposed to be.. 

SNP - PLY - SNP
SNP - PLY - SNP 

Turned out similar so far. 

Defensive pairings are are just whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Peace said:

Actually I'm testing this out. 

Both if my 90 PA players have 10+ assists and 0 goals. 

My forward lines are supposed to be.. 

SNP - PLY - SNP
SNP - PLY - SNP 

Turned out similar so far. 

Defensive pairings are are just whatever. 

Yeah, you can see the same thing with the Baileys on my team. Kronos has 2/15 and Matt has 12/5. I think it's more a macro scale when an entire team runs the meta, it's pretty broken at that point.

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, you can see the same thing with the Baileys on my team. Kronos has 2/15 and Matt has 12/5. I think it's more a macro scale when an entire team runs the meta, it's pretty broken at that point.

Which kinda supports SHL and their claim sadly. 

6 minutes ago, Peace said:

Which kinda supports SHL and their claim sadly. 

Not really, this is a different version of the sim than we use for the league. Even next season, if I do end up going to our engine, it'll be different sliders.

The team that "broke" the SHL also won the following season, and even in their broken season, did worse than the best teams have done here without that meta (something like a .665% vs teams that have gone >70% here).

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

The team that "broke" the SHL also won the following season, and even in their broken season, did worse than the best teams have done here without that meta (something like a .665% vs teams that have gone >70% here).

well i mean shl is a whole different league style, more teams and more players. They also put in a whole bunch of rules that season once the exploit was found, like pa has to be within 15-20 of scoring.

Just now, Nykonax said:

well i mean shl is a whole different league style, more teams and more players. They also put in a whole bunch of rules that season once the exploit was found, like pa has to be within 15-20 of scoring.

Yeah, I'm just saying the meta doesn't really apply to the VHL as much. Even looking at the top scorers in the league, I don't think there were any top 10 last season with under 60-70 passing.

Also, I think what I'll do with this season is sim every day, rather than every other day, then for S2, change the engine to 1.0 or 1.5 with different sliders than the league, and use the lower builds as well.

2 hours ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

what is the SHL claim?

I am a new guy, but from what I read, SHL moved to FHM6 because one team had a ~67% winning percentage one season, ostensibly because they figured out a perfect build for all their players to win all the time. The claim from this is basically that STHS is broken and FHM6 would be the way to go, engine-wise. This also has apparently been highly controversial, even on the SHL side, before they implemented it.

I don't think we need to really change the whole league. I mean, Dooms got destroyed because his team was all 40s.

Maybe just make sure everyone's team is updated, then restart it. Or continue as it is with teams updated.

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, tfong said:

Isn't SHL broken now on FHM6 though because there is no variability? Best players are always the best and there is no chance at upsets?

It’s almost as if there’s no such thing as a perfect engine and they all inevitably have flaws.