Jardy's Hecking Podcast, Episode 10: With Special Guests! Pt. 2

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

The Best people here just shooting the shit.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--Episode-10-With-Special-Guests--Pt--2-e1bd52s

EDIT - Song used in Podcast: Bottles Into Money - My Son the Hurricane

On today's podcast that we recorded on Thursday, December 2, 2021, I have a sensual video chat with Commissioner @bigAL in his first ever podcast in forever. Way before he recorded with Australians or himself or any of those other losers.

In this episode, we discuss:

- VHL origin stories

- The ups and downs of being Commissioner

- Stories from The Good Old Days™ (the league almost dying, Thunderdome origins)

- The VHLE! ~HOT TOPIC~

- What the VHLM is really about, man. *TOP TIER DISCUSSION!* Fast forward to this section if nothing else, it's a long and juicy one! (0:49:00ish - 1:14:10)

- The Annual VHL Christmas Charity Auction - You can skip this if you want because I give away what I'd least like to eat for my auction item (1:14:14 - 1:35:00 ish)

- I incorrectly state I can post this podcast before the Aussies did and other bullshitting.

Drink every time I say "like" as a filler word.

Mentions:

@Berocka  @Arce @Da Trifecta @fishy @Dil @tfong @Victor @Zero @GustavMattias @Banackock @FrostBeard @BladeMaiden @Alex_J32 @Minion @GrittyIsKing09 @Peace

Passing Mentions:

@OrbitingDeath @jasplunds @Morcar80 @Beaviss @Beketov @InstantRockstar @Advantage @N0HBDY @Quik @samx

Edited by JardyB10

4 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

1 hour and 40 minutes to find my reference. Got any tips to where it was? :D

Ha I found it, definitely not worth a tag, he says you’re really good at writing HoF articles 👍 

1 hour ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I think I wrote one (iirc Mike Szatkowski Jr.)  in all my years here, how drunk was he? :D

I just assumed that our most renown TPE ho may have written some HOF or 40 in 40 articles 🤷‍♂️

@bigAL pretty much the same way I treat pressers. By that time in the week I've already maxed. But it's just fun to interact with the team and, in my case, come up with the dumbest answers imaginable.

Also as much as I love throwing @JardyB10 under the bus. Big props for that work with the pressers.

Jardy, you're always offensive. So it should probably be against the CoC for you to NOT act a bit like another word that is phonetically identical to CoC.

Besides a disturbing majority of my reactions come from comedy that is at best edging the CoC, and I've neither been scorned or warned (yet). But I'm still working on it, senpai.

JARDY. WAS. A. MOD?! WHO DID THIS?!

I would still like a really big history lesson podcast with Jardy, honestly. Your war stories give so much context. And you make them interesting to listen to, I could not be arsed to read through it. Then it's not got that personal touch as much.

Can relate to tangents that just become what I'm talking about instead.

Yeah, the whole feeling like you have no way to compete as a 1st gen against instacapped recreates feels pretty awful. Can really make it hard to feel like you matter, no matter how hard you try. I'm in the situation that I still have infinite minutes on Miami, so that's nice at least. But because we don't have any recreates, and other teams are stacked it feels like no matter how hard Bo earns, he will still be so far behind that he just can't reach that same level until late in the season. @Horcrux really did a good job back in her first MS to point out a lot of the things that may help mitigate that exact feeling.

That payout system, but more balanced sounds like an amazing way to give players purpose. Something to aim for, that has to be good for retention? Means that even if your team is brutal, there is always something to aim for at the end of the year.

Hmm, hearing Al through Jardy's mic again. I mean I like listening to Al. But this may be just slightly too Alception to handle.

VHLGMGMEVHLEMGMMGGGM 10/10 content, I'm sold on it Jardy!

Also I was playing EHM while listening until this point, so if I missed something I entirely 100% blame Finland.

Did someone say feet pics? I was on Discord and it seems like I missed a lot...

Cold soggy poutine? That doesn't sound like a poor life-decision at all!

Okay, at this point how is Jardy still alive?

"I'm kind of a fuzzy eater." NO NO NO NO! JUST NO!

"You have to stay CoC friendly" I'll take "Setups for your mom jokes for 500, thanks"

Auctionception. Damn it I just wrote it after Jardy said it.

Oh Jardy there are some VERY suspicious russian VNs on Steam. But as long as you name all the characters after VHL people it will be hilarious. You just won't be able to stream or post it anywhere, bummer.

The power move was indeed successful.

Confirmed, Jardy likes it RAW. He said so himself. Probably referring to onions.

In my head @bigAL will always just look like weird al.

I did listen to the end...Okay I skipped like half of it because I can't listen and type at once and we were having a EHM discussion in the Vegas LR where I am Assistant Team Clue Ambassador. #TeamClue represent. Yell at bots, it's good for you! But not as good as Clue Glue™

This one gets a solid # of "like"/10

23 hours ago, Shindigs said:

JARDY. WAS. A. MOD?! WHO DID THIS?!

The blue team before I was blue team myself. I guess Slobo, @sterling, and @Knight?

That payout system, but more balanced sounds like an amazing way to give players purpose.

I wouldn’t be against it, but the First Gen 10 TPE at 100 might be banned because TPE inflation. Also, it led and would perhaps lead to people sacrificing TPE to stay in the Minors longer, which is something @Beketov hates a lot, for reasonable reasons.

Okay, at this point how is Jardy still alive?

My Constitution score is AT LEAST 16, probably more like 18. I’m also proficient in CON Saving Throws (though I roll with disadvantage when making alcohol related checks).

"I'm kind of a fuzzy eater." NO NO NO NO! JUST NO!

FUSSY*! Damn Swedes, learn an English why don’t you.

Obviously I cut the fuzzy bits off, jeez.

Oh Jardy there are some VERY suspicious russian VNs on Steam

What’s a VN?

In my head @bigAL will always just look like weird al.

To be fair, he doesn’t NOT look like Weird Al! They have identical hair.

9 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

My Constitution score is AT LEAST 16, probably more like 18. I’m also proficient in CON Saving Throws (though I roll with disadvantage when making alcohol related checks).

Sounds like a very weird subrace of dwarf. So I take it you're a barbarian with that statline? Based on some old threads I could see you using rage as a bonus action every once in a while.

10 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

FUSSY*! Damn Swedes, learn an English why don’t you.

Obviously I cut the fuzzy bits off, jeez.

Wait long enough and there's only fuzz left. Especially with onions. But now that you mention it, I've only ever actually heard that use of that word. So didn't realize it wasn't using the other spelling. Either works in the context though, so I'm quite fine with it.

12 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I wouldn’t be against it, but the First Gen 10 TPE at 100 might be banned because TPE inflation. Also, it led and would perhaps lead to people sacrificing TPE to stay in the Minors longer, which is something @Beketov hates a lot, for reasonable reasons.

Partially quoting this bit to see if a quoted ping also pings someone. Because I'm 99% sure he would love that. But also because obviously you'd need to only be eligible in your first whole year in the M. To avoid late joiners getting boned out of it, while hopefully stopping people just hamming up the M for the TPE. I would agree that anything that inflates TPE isn't great at this point. Obviously I'm a low TPE first gen so I salivate at the though of TPE. But part of what makes the meta what it is. Is that you have too much TPE to spread around, which allows some pretty harmful builds. If every offensive forward has 99 DF you probably have an inflation problem. Or a "Does the T in STHS stand for terrible?" problem. Possibly both.

17 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

What’s a VN?

A visual novel. So basically interactive book game. Usually some form of pseudo-dating sim. There are some very sus ones on Steam. Like you can't stream it levels of sus. 

• Commissioner
56 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Also, it led and would perhaps lead to people sacrificing TPE to stay in the Minors longer, which is something @Beketov hates a lot, for reasonable reasons.

This is basically why it was changed to the graduation bonus which is straight 10 and everyone gets it upon leaving. Otherwise people intentionally stay down because it was 20 free uncapped TPE to stay down again.

• Commissioner
On 12/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, Shindigs said:

I would still like a really big history lesson podcast with Jardy, honestly. Your war stories give so much context. And you make them interesting to listen to, I could not be arsed to read through it. Then it's not got that personal touch as much.

@JardyB10 and I will need to get drunk some night and have a podcasting history lesson about all the crazy shit the league has been through.

Just now, Beketov said:

@JardyB10 and I will need to get drunk some night and have a podcasting history lesson about all the crazy shit the league has been through.

I'd listen to that. Pretty sure a lot of people would. Bit late for it to be an Auction item at this point, but if it was I'd chip in.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

I'd listen to that. Pretty sure a lot of people would. Bit late for it to be an Auction item at this point, but if it was I'd chip in.

It’s never too late, Commies do what they want! Besides, bidding opens tomorrow.

Also, re: DnD: I’m likely a barbarian-bard multiclass. A bardbarian if you will. CHA is probably my next highest stat (i.e “VHLGMGMEVHLEMGMMGGGM”), which I guess answers how I got to be VHL staff to begin with. Proof: my bonus action Drivecasts definitely gave inspiration.

Definitely a weird subrace of Dwarf. Still renown for drinking and still resist poison, but can’t hold liquor anymore and also I’m decently tall and also my beard sucks.

Edited by JardyB10

23 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It’s never too late, Commies do what they want! Besides, bidding opens tomorrow.

Also, re: DnD: I’m likely a barbarian-bard multiclass. A bardbarian if you will. CHA is probably my next highest stat (i.e “VHLGMGMEVHLEMGMMGGGM”), which I guess answers how I got to be VHL staff to begin with. Proof: my bonus action Drivecasts definitely gave inspiration.

Definitely a weird subrace of Dwarf. Still renown for drinking and still resist poison, but can’t hold liquor anymore and also I’m decently tall and also my beard sucks.

I mean there is so damn high CHA going on in that character arc, it's almost breaking muh immershun. Pretty sure at least half of what you say in your podcasts count as some form of Dissonant Whispers. Not to mention your magic item "slightly used underwear" that cast a 9th level Stinking Cloud as a bonus action. Only a bard could combine such powers...

Besides every good party needs a dwarf (both kinds of parties). If for no other reason than to get to reuse LotR quotes and other short-jokes.