VSN Presents: S92 Weekly Predictions (Wk 3)

gaikoku-weeklyreview.jpg?ex=656b2076&is=

Let me basks in my own glory as it isn`t everyday that this rather average joe actually get anything right. From forgetting to call out the most important players for certain teams, actually using the right number of games or just predicting the right order. But this week I have managed (spoiler) to get majority of this right!! Woah!! I know I even surprised myself with two wrong in the North American Conference and without looking only three wrong in the European Conference meaning this guy, yeah this guy, went 11-5 last week in predictions!! Was it lucky? Dam right it was!! LOL!

NorthAmericanBanner.jpg.9756100a8b8ce2546f68aad34efbfa32.jpg

Current Standings:

Standings                                        Record             Points                   Last Wk                          Prediction Last Wk                       

1.     :la:    Los Angeles Stars             29-7-2            60pts                 (8-5-1)                🟰  1st North American Conference

2.     :cal:  Calgary Wranglers            24-10-4           52pts                 (7-5-1)                🟰  2nd North American Conference

3.     :dcd:  D.C. Dragons                        22-12-3           47pts               (10-3-0)               🟰  3rd North American Conference

4.     :nya:  New York Americans        18-16-4           40pts                 (7-6-1)                🔺  5th North American Conference

5.     :tor:  Toronto Legion                    17-18-3           37pts                 (6-7-1)                🔻  4th North American Conference

6.     :chi:  Chicago Phoenix                16-19-2           34pts                  (7-5-1)                🟰  6th North American Conference

7.     :que:  Vancouver Wolves             14-21-2           30pts                  (3-9-1)                🟰  7th North American Conference

8.     :sea:  Seattle Bears                        9-25-3           21pts                   (2-9-2)               🟰   8th North American Conference

Reason: While the end result looks like I did a very good job predicting the standings in the North American conference this week; that really doesn`t show the fact that D.C. Dragons actually made me look rather silly behind my prediction as I had them closer to 500 rather than the 76.9% winning percentage that the Dragons actually had. The only two predictions being incorrect, wasn`t actually that wrong, as I did state that we had a group of three entering the week with D.C., Toronto and New York. Well, in the end it really became a group of two with not much between Toronto and New York as projected so while the order ended up being incorrect, I did manage to predict the tightness between these two teams. In the end It was a very good week in the North American conference in the way of my predictions.

Next Weeks Predictions:

🟰     1.    q3DUJNE.png

This will be Los Angeles Stars tough week so far of the season with a huge series against Calgary Wranglers with four games being played between the two teams. Even if Los Angeles loses the series this week, they have enough of a lead in the standings to hold onto the top spot in the conference. Todd Cooke @KRZY continue to lead the offense for the stars with 53pts(t-2nd League) and 28 goals(t-1st league) added by Larry Abass Jr @RileyL chipping in with 44pts most of those being assists at 32 assist(4th League). Jens Lekman @Bobcat is also having a strong season to date on the back end with 35pts(8th Defense).

🟰     2.     H3evdlH.png

Calgary has a chance to close ground this week on Los Angeles Stars as the two teams face off this week in a four-game set that should very interesting. If they aren`t careful this week they could fall back into the grips of D.C. Dragons, who should be charging hard for the Wranglers. I have Calgary doing just enough this week to stay ahead of D.C. Randy Bobandy @AJW seems to be back, as he is back on the points pace from this last two season in Seattle with the Bears; where he had 84pts(S90) and 90pts(S89) as Bobandy is on pace for 83pts if he continues the current pace. Bobandy 44pts lead the team and his 31assist (t-5th league) are good enough for a top 10 in assist in the league. Skor McFleury @Alex also seems like he has re-found his former as his 35pts(8th defense) have him back in the top 10 of defensemen scoring.

🟰     3.     0beFNki.png

D.C. Dragons have been very consistent the past two weeks going 9-6-0 and 10-3-0. This will need to continue this week if they are going to make up ground on Calgary and Los Angeles as the two teams face off against each other possible taking points off each another allowing D.C. back in the race for the conference lead. No concern of losing places as they are seven points clear of New York and Toronto as both continue to play around 500 hockey. Five players over a point per game pace with two in the top ten in scoring; The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath 52pts(4th league) leads the team in overall points with 37 assists(1st league) and Jason @Jason kranz leads the team in goals at 22(5th league). Must mention the other player in the top 10 of points and scoring in Vincent Laroche-Gagnier @vincentlg2007 with 21 goals(7th league) and 47pts(8th league). Mark Calaway @Beketov continue to lead the defense with 38pts(t-4th); while Ben Laas @dustywilson22 has been defensively solid with 91SB(t-10th).

🟰    4.     tBGI8d5.png

If I am correct New York Americans will once again play around 500 hockey; which they have most of the season. New York could end up switching places with Toronto as they are both close in the stands but spoiler, I have both them only playing 500 hockey; so the standings will come down most likely to the game later in the week that they play against each other. FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZleads the team in points with 36pts and goals with 19(t-10th league). Malum Maellard @frescoelmo leads the defense with 27pts while Rookie Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel Janser has really fallen off struggling with plus minus at -11 and 109 PIM(2nd league) while dropping in the Rookie scoring to 9th with 22pts(9th Rookies). Fellow Rookie 36W @rory continues to be a front runner in all goaltending categories with 1.93 GA(1st league), 0.940 save%(1st league) and 2 Shutouts(t-4th League) in what should be stated is a rather impressive rookie campaign.   

🟰      5.     4rgbBt7.png

Sadly, for Toronto I predict that the play-off picture should rather become clear in the North American conference this week and while I don`t see Toronto moving up in the standings they should form a group with New York as the most likely wildcard teams. If the defending champions are going to make another run at the cup this season, something needs to change or they will be looking at doing it the hard way. As mentioned, big game against New York later in the week and an opportunity to wreck Calgary chances of catching Los Angeles as both teams face-off three times; I have given the edge to Calgary btw!! Jimi Jaks @ke1vi leads the team in scoring with 18 goals, 22 assists for 40pts rather suggesting without looking that Toronto is struggling to score. Bobby Bob @Baby Boomer leads the defense with 34pts(t-10 defense). Toronto at the end of the day just need a bit more from every one of their players.

🟰      6.     LZX5Px1.png

If Chicago has any chance of making the play-off; this is the week as they face New York four times in what should be a rather weak schedule. The issue? I don`t think that they have any chance of really pulling themselves back into the wildcard race and actually see them losing ground to both Toronto and New York by the end of the week; all but killing any chance of the play-offs. Not all that surprisingly since I am sure outside of Yaroslav Trunov @qripll who leads the team in goals 24(3rd League), assists 29(t-10th League) and points at 53(2nd League); can anyone name another player on the Chicago roster? Yeah, a bit mean when Chicago has two top rookies in Joshua Schwarzer @Velevra with 30pts(3rd Rookies) and Lionel Collberg @Masu Chan with 26pts(6th Rookies). So, while the future looks bright; this season is rather starting to darken.

🟰      7.     7NXO7mc.png

Not much to say about the north-western dogs since over the past few weeks they have traded majority of the players of any value? Actually, not the case as one GM from another team rather suggested that Vancouver should trade Liv Slater @Subject056, who leads the defense and team with 17 goals(1st defense) and 38pts(4th defense); on pace for career highs and currently should have themselves in the conversation for a few awards at the end of the season from the Funk and Alexander. Also, a league leader in Shots-blocked at 103(4th League) so again should have some say in the Jake as well? Add in a new extension signed during the off season and there is no chance that Vancouver should move a stead defender that will lead their back-end with a rookie core coming next season. Oh, the team is also lead in scoring by Nick Sansoe @Tipskid97 with 41pts as he has stepped up since the team traded former team leader Ben McLaughlin @Ben mclaughlin to Prague.

🟰      8.     sEkoclV.png

Similar to the Wolves; who are just up the road in the better part of the north-west, the Bears have long since shutdown for the season as the team looks towards future seasons. This week the Bears do have an easy schedule so if they are going to give their fans anything to cheer about before the draft, it could happen this week? Yeah, don`t hold your breath!! Seattle is being led by second year Severus Targaryen @Banackock in goals 19(t-10th League) and points 45pts. While Jack The Ripper @Ripper leads the defense with 31pts and is currently top 10 in Shots-blocked with 94 SB(8th League). While the shots-block category is being led by Simons Worst Nightmare @zepheter at 140(1st League).

EuropeanBanner.jpg.abd512f997324b2b471fd04f203471d0.jpg

Current Standings:

Standings                                        Record             Points                   Last Wk                          Prediction Last Wk                       

1.     :mal:   Malmo Nighthawks                      27-8-3            57pts                (12-2-0)           🟰    1st European Conference

2.    :mos:  Moscow Menace                           22-13-3           47pts                 (8-6-0)           🟰    2nd European Conference

3.     :ldn:  London United                               19-11-7           45pts                  (7-3-4)          🔺    4th European Conference

4.     :prg:Prague Phantoms                         21-15-2           44pts                 (9-5-0)           🔺    5th European Conference

5.     :hel:  Helsinki Titans                               19-14-5           43pts                 (6-7-2)           🔻    3rd European Conference

6.     :rig:  Riga Reign                                       17-16-3            37pts                 (6-6-1)            🟰   6th European Conference

7.     :war:  Warsaw Predators                        14-21-2            30pts                 (4-7-1)            🟰   7th European Conference

8.     :dav:  HC Davos Dynamo                       12-23-3            27pts                 (5-8-0)           🟰   8th European Conference

Reason: A few days ago, and even as of yesterday I would have most of this conference wrong due to the fact that the conference remains tight from 2nd to 5th; could almost add in Riga as well as 6th as the Reign are only five points back of the group ahead. Only actually got one team wrong this week with Helsinki Titans dropping from 3rd last week to 5th by the end of this week. The Titans had been sitting in 2nd until Helsinki went 0-3-1 in the last two days dropping rather quickly. Moscow was the opposite compared to Helsinki as the Menace went 5-0-1 in the last three days of the week to jump from 5th to 2nd by the end of the week. As long as this conference stays this tight 2nd through 5th could be very difficult to predict week by week. Overall, Due to the quick changing of the conference my predictions ended up looking much better than they originally did a few days ago!!

Next Week Predictions:

🟰     1.     IpRHgQo.png

Are Malmo Nighthawks for real? At this point it really doesn`t matter as they continue to lead the European conference by a fair number of points and that lead should actually extend since Malmo has a very easy schedule with eight games against teams out of the play-offs; three game sets against Riga and Seattle should be a guaranteed win, right? Malmo has a balanced attack with five players over a point per game led by Viktor Jensen @Advantage and Jacob Stone @scoop both tied with 46pts(Stone - 1st defense). Henry Eagles @Greg_Di leads the team with 22 goals, while Stone leads all assist getters at 32 assists(9th League). Now Malmo will be looking at the play-offs and hoping that they can get passed the first round.

🟰      2.     8gziSIs.png

Four straight wins salvaged the week for the Menace as the group behind Malmo actually stays very tight so any string of win or loses can really change the standings quickly. Moscow was 5th two days before the end of the week and jumped to second but I am not sure that this is reflection of how good Moscow is or reflection of how other teams are struggling to find consistency. One game over five hundred and you are second in the conference doesn`t really put fear into other teams. Moscow will try to keep the win streak going as they try to pull away from the other four. I think they will do just enough to stay in second by the end of the week or they could be as low as 5th if they stumble and stub their toes. Moscow has three players over a point per game being led by Axle Gunner @Steve (30 assists) and Left Alone @okochastar (23 goals(t-4th League)) both with 48pts. Rookie Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg currently sits second in rookie scoring with 37pts(2nd Rookies) and Celise Pereira @asteria also makes an appearance at 10th in rookie scoring.

🔺      3.     MXuqhUu.png

Opposite of Moscow last week this team really fell in the last two days of schedule as the Titans lost four straight games and dropped to fifth in the standings as Helsinki has one of the worse power-plays 15.05% (15th League) in the league and it seemed to catch up with them at the end of last week. Changes have been made to the power-play line up and if these changes work Helsinki should find themselves back in the win column; more often than not. Again, while I have them climbing back to third; if the teams continue to play inconsistent hockey they could easily find themselves being down in 5th in the conference standing by the end of the week. Three players lead the way for the Titans at over a point per game with Daryl Dixon @Ricer13 as clear teams lead point producer with 22 goals(t-9th League) and 51pts. The other two players over a point per game are Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito(36 assists (2nd league) and 44pts(2nd Defense)) and Kronchy Kardashian (33 assists(3rd League) and 41pts(5th Defense)). Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard continues to make a strong case for Rookie of the year at just under a point per game pace with 39pts(1st Rookies); but at the time will need 36W to really fall off if he is going to win the award at the end of the season.

🟰      4.     UjNmgBS.png

Actually, one of the better teams in the conference last week at 9-5-0 but still only managed to move up a single spot and that was more down to Helsinki self-exploding rather than the great play of the Phantoms. Well, I don`t think they have to fear missing the play-offs this season; Prague will still need to find more consistency. If Prague can play a few games about 500 like last week they could actually jump into second in the conference but I don`t have faith in them being more than 500 team. So while they stay close to both Helsinki and Moscow; I have them finish the week in 4th; just a head of London United. Only two players over a point per game pace with John Jameson @Frank leading the way with 51pts(7th league) and Nikolas Kauppi @Tetricide being the other player at 44pts. Moritz Stauffer @GoodLeftUndone is the led defenseman in scoring for the team at 29pts but really nowhere close to the top 10 defensemen scoring list. Secondary scoring continues to be an issue in Prague as the second line scoring totals are all below every defender on the team.

🔻      5.     9RbN7xC.png

Loser points is the best way to sum up last week’s bump in the standing as London went 7-3-4, with those 4pts keeping them 3rd in the standings and out of 5th; not to mention the reach of Riga Reign. With four games against Prague and two games against Helsinki; London has a chance to really move up the standings this week but again with the past experience rather suggest that they will split these games at best and play around 500 hockey again this week. London should start to hopefully pull away from Riga; if they have the week that I am expecting of them. Four players of the United are over a point per game lead by Leonard Triller @Triller in goals (23)(t-4th League), assist(32)(t-4th League) and points(55)(4th League). The other three players are Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ (50pts), Molly the Cat @JCarson(49pts) with 32 assists(t-4th League) and Halvar Torbjorn @Rayzor_7 (42pts). Strength of their defense has been a concern since the off-season with Lloyd Braun @Toast as the lead defender at 28pts. If London is going to have any chance at staying in the play-offs, assuming Riga doesn`t catch them; the United will need to find a solution to the lack of defensive scoring.

🟰       6.     7w9f2U9.png

Riga is still hanging around the wildcard spot but sadly I don`t think it will last that much longer but I am also 100% sure that they really don`t want to make the play-offs this season with three first rounds pick at the end of the season; very likely adding nicely to what is already a young team. If they decide to sell at the deadline Riga could collect a few more picks and add even more to the cupboards for the coming seasons, but I am not sure that is what they are going to do. AK92 Wit da Hoodie @hedgehog337 in his final season is leading the young team with 30 goals(1st League), 32 assists(t-4th League) for 62pts(1st League) as one of two players above a point per game pace. The other one you might ask is Babay Shrimp @Blazzer (48pts). As mentioned Riga is a young team with a few rookies with Eric White Jr @Mysterious_Fish the best at the moment with 27pts(7th Rookies). Defense is a bit of a concern for Riga moving forward as none of their current young players look ready to lead the back end with Fradin McGryer @Fradin99 the team’s current top defender at 24pts. Overall, I think Riga hopes that Mina @Baozi can make significant gains during the off-season and become the number one defense that they need. Rookie goaltender Red Panda @Lemorse7 is struggling to make the adjustment to the VHL but that was expected with the young defensive core in front of them.

🟰        7.     lWtQjX0.png

For a team that made a bunch of trades to try to improve during the off-season; this is rather a ugly mess for a team that should have been at least fighting for a wildcard spot but halfway through the season and the Predators are all but done. With only one player producing in Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple leading the team in goals(18), assist(27) and points(45); it will be hard to sell off the assets or if anyone would be willing to buy the under-performing players. Rex Wolffe Gregor @oilmandan should still hold value with 36pts and the third most shots blocked (118)(3rd League); the question is what can the get back from defender to help the team in the future. Warsaw should be an interesting team at the deadline as they should be selling everything to try to get picks to improve in the future. The question is how much can they move and what the returns will be…

🟰        8.     orV41eH.png

Long since shut down for the season and openly tanking as Davos holds three first round picks and pair of seconds that should really kick their re-build off on the right foot. One would question the lack of selling all assets but a team showing loyalty is rather refreshing as they hold on two other former players in Lachlan Summers @kirbithan and David Jokinen @Ahma. So, Davos simply is waiting to see where they will draft come draft day. With Warsaw pick also being a lottery pick could Davos actually end up picking 1-2 in the coming draft? Woah!! No players are at point per game, with David Jokinen @Ahma leading the team in goals(15), assist(24) and points(39) as defender; rather telling how bad the team actually is!! Lorenzo Cobberson @Hendrix Cobberson is the top forward with 38pts. Not much else to say.

That it for the first week review and next week’s predictions. As always tell me below in the comment section how poor my predictions are and I will make sure to read them. Either way until next week Keep the sticks on the ice and your heads up!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

while Rookie Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel Janser has really fallen off struggling with plus minus at -11 and 109 PIM(2nd league) while dropping in the Rookie scoring to 9th with 22pts(9th Rookies).

Yeah CGY is not making a good case for the Stolzy, but I am happy that @rory has such strong arguments for some silverware.