An Unfortunate Announcement

Beketov

• Commissioner

@Members

Normally this would just go to the ban thread but given the circumstances I think it's best that everyone know what's going on.

It has unfortunately come to the attention of myself and @Acydburn that @Josh has been embezzling league funds for his own purposes. Via his access to the league PayPal he was stripping donation funds as payments for portal, forum, and domain hosting with amounts far higher than were actually needed. Because the line items were things he was paying for we had no reason, for a number of years, to think anything of it and were unaware that the costs were actually far less than what he was reimbursing himself which amounts to potentially thousands of dollars; we're still working out the total figures.

Obviously we are completely shocked at this behaviour and have immediately stripped Josh of his role as commissioner pending potential future legal action. We have always held firm that the league funds are used exclusively on league related activities so I am quite frankly pissed that a member of the blue team would take donation money for their own uses; whatever his excuses may be. Please be aware that we will be launching a further investigation and audit of all our costs and funds to be sure that no one else has done anything of the sort in the past.

Sincerely,

@Commissioner

Edit: In case any future people see the is and don’t see the date; it was purely an April Fool’s joke, Josh was in on it (in fact it was his idea) and the donation money is not only safe but audited.

• Beketov changed the title to An Unfortunate Announcement
  • Commissioner
Just now, oilmandan said:

probably putting money aside to help pay for the bumped up weather change tax. 

That $0.03/L really is a killer…

• Senior Admin
38 minutes ago, Beketov said:

we will be launching a further investigation and audit of all our costs and funds to be sure that no one else has done anything of the sort in the past.

sheeeeeiiiiiit......

18 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Please be aware that we will be launching a further investigation and audit of all our costs and funds to be sure that no one else has done anything of the sort in the past.

Will this audit be made public? Will we be able to see how the money we earned from our real life jobs benefitted Josh or potentially others? Or will the use of our money still be for Blues and higher ups eyes only? Can we see how the VHL aims to spend our money moving forward so it is clear to us that this will not happen again? I beg for recruitment drive ads which definitely cost less than the money that went into Josh’s pockets. Let me know because I’d love to see how the VHL is trying to grow from this and from what your members give you to grow it. It’s in my eyes disgusting that a respected member did this, I don’t want to donate any money moving forward unless I actually know where it’s going. 

i love april fools day so much i definitely never forget its april 1st

Edited by sadie