Yukon Rush Press Conference

Smarch

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush?

2. Who would scouts compare you to in another hockey league?

3. Out of the 8 VHL teams, who would you like to be drafted by if you haven't been draft yet?

4. If you have been drafted into the VHL already, what player on your draft team are you looking forward to most?

5. What type of player should we expect to see from you this season, and moving forward in your VHL career?

@bukss_a @Trifecta @Sixersfan549 @HellBillyXIII @Arthur @FacePuncher @RadulovsFirstBeer @Harry F'n Hans @TheWhite44Mamba @haffiedq @Boomcheck 

3. Out of the 8 VHL teams, who would you like to be drafted by if you haven't been draft yet?

4. If you have been drafted into the VHL already, what player on your draft team are you looking forward to most?

5. What type of player should we expect to see from you this season, and moving forward in your VHL career?

1. Just trying to get drafted

2. No idea

3. I guess it don't matter

4. Haven't been drafted

5. A scoring defender

• Smarch pinned this topic

1.What do you think needs the most improvement on in your game?

2. Do you think.you'll be top three in scoring this year on your team?

3. If you were to compare yourself to an NHL player, whom would it be?

4. Do you think you can make the top ten in this years scouting report?

5. What do you consider your biggest asset is thus far in your playing?

10 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Need to get better with the puck. Passing, handling, shooting. All of it. 

2. I hope I’m.not!

3. Not current but i’d say chris pronger. 

4. Absolutely

5. Stopping the other team from scoring, obviously, and keeping the area in front of our goal clean 

• 3 weeks later...

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush? Since being Traded to the Rush I hope to help the team win the championship!

2. Who would scouts compare you to in another hockey league? I like to think you could compare me to a player like Jonathon Toews  who is a solid 2 way player. 

5. What type of player should we expect to see from you this season, and moving forward in your VHL career? You should expect to see a good two way player who can contribute offensively and defensively. I hope to continue this in the VHL and lead my team to a cup!

On 2/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, Smarch said:

@bukss_a @Trifecta @Sixersfan549 @HellBillyXIII @Arthur @FacePuncher @RadulovsFirstBeer @Harry F'n Hans @TheWhite44Mamba @haffiedq @Boomcheck 

1. Championship. Nothin less

2. Terminator 

3. Whoever takes me is cool

5. Terminator

Questions for Rush

1. How ya feelin about our chances for a championship?

2. Where in the draft do you anticipate getting drafted (if you arent already) this off season

3. How are you feeling about the addition of all the forwards we just brought in?

4. Are we going to win out the rest of the season or will anyone beat us again?

5. Are you happy with what youve contributed to the team so far this season?

• 4 weeks later...

Quote: 

1. Helping my team win a championship

2. Jamie Benn

3. Happy to be on Yukon

4.Varis Tribuncovs

5. Playmaking winger

Yukon Rush Season 60 Press Conference:

1. What do you think about the VHL during your time in the league?

2. If you could improve/change one thing what would it be?

3. What would you change about your time in Yukon so far?

4. Who do you look up to the most in your hockey career?

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 VHL seasons?

• 1 month later...

Consistent evolution of my player, be better game after game.

Sean Couturier, O'Reilly. 

Quebec City Meute, since I'm from Quebec. 

A good 2 way with a lot of skating and a good shot. 

• 1 month later...

1) Winning a championship is always nice, and with the team we have it seems like a very reachable goal. Personally, I'd like to start playing a little better than I have been over the first few games, both to show VHL GMs that I'm a good player in addition to my desire to be a contributor to the success we're going to have as a team.

2) I would like to say Alex Ovechkin, but I'm not nearly that good yet...so...maybe William Karlsson? I'd like to hope I can become a focal point for a team's offense despite extraordinarily low expectations. That's not exactly an answer to the question, but I hope it will be in a few seasons.

3) I'd like to be exposed to a team I haven't been affiliated with before. That would put New York at the top of the list, although I haven't spent very much time in Seattle, either. Toronto, Quebec, Riga, Helsinki...I'll play for anybody, but New York and Seattle would be my preferences right now.

5) Right now I'm a sniper, but I'm doing a good job of rounding out my defensive skill set and I'll be looking to improve as a passer as well. The goal of every VHL player should be to contribute at both ends of the ice, which is what I'll be doing by the end of the season.

1. Honestly, this year I hope to be a role player on the Founder's cup champion team. I know it's a lot to ask but with guys like Twinger in the locker room, I feel we have a real good shot at it, especially if me and some of the young guys can start or keep producing at these levels. 

2. I think scouts can look at my game right now and compare me to maybe a Jay Beagle kind of player. I'm good in the faceoff circle, I play a good role for a good team, and don't look to do anything too flashy. It's all about the team W, my points will come later.

3. I would say the Americans if I had to pick one right now. I was recruited into the VHL by their GM, and it seems like they've really got something going as of late. 

5. This season you should look for me to start contributing more on the fast break, and on clean passes. I really want to help set my teammates up to succeed, and there's nothing better than a good team W at the end of the day. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, Smarch said:

1.  Generally, I like it.  The 8 season limit is kind of bizarre to me, but it does make it hard to develop dynasties, which certainly has positives.  

2.  The strangest thing to me is the fact that we've got so few players, compared to teams.  I know that it won't change, because getting lots of stats is fun, but I feel like if teams even had to have 9 forwards and 4 defensemen, it'd be a nice move toward realism.  But I also know that realism isn't exactly the point of a forum based simulation hockey league.  

3. Nothing!  It's been an absolute blast, and I'm having a lot of fun!

• 3 months later...

I plan to spend the next two seasons with our team; we acquired a lot of good pl'rs in this past VHLM draft and I feel like we can really make a good push this year.

Probably someone like Ivan Provorov or Jonis Brodin. Extremely reliable defensively and a good playmaker to boot.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. I love YUK and want to play here as long as I can. After that, I plan to play my heart and soul out, regardless of who's mailing me my paycheck.

Haven't been.

Definitely a defensive defenseman for the present. I hope to work myself to become a great two-way guy that can play in all situations.

• 5 months later...

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

On 3/25/2019 at 12:19 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

Hell yeah! As a member of Team Europe, I can’t wait for the tourney to start. 

Team Europe. I play for them. 

Team Europe. We’re better than everyone else. 

Maximilan Kirbsson has been outstanding for the Bulls and should keep that good form into the WJC. 

I really don’t know. We’ll have to wait and see. 

Of course I sing it! I’m an Icelandic patriot. 

Europe. Obviously I want to lead us to glory. 

I don’t have a lot of Icelanders to pick from so I’d say Kolur Bjoernsson. He’d be a great backup goalie. 

No, that’s just plain disrespectful. 

I pelvic thrusted at a guy after knocking the living daylights out of him with a check. 

We’d be blue (most European flags have blue), team world would be brown cause they’re poop, Canadia would be yellow because they smell like pee, and the us would be green cause they barf on themselves. 

I like media spots, because you can get 6 TPE, which is massive.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think our main goal was to get into the playoffs, and we’ve done that, not only winning the Wildcard series, but making it into the final 4 teams left. 

In the NHL, probably either Jamie Benn or Wayne Simmonds. Both are big guys who can hit and score.

Calgary. They’re a team with history and good management.

Not been drafted so I can’t answer this.

A power forward who can hit and score. This season I finished over a point per game and had over 120 hits, so I want to keep that kind of production up.

• 2 months later...

Develop my game, and prepare for next season.

I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to any scouts.

3. Out of the 8 VHL teams, who would you like to be drafted by if you haven't been drafted yet?

Philly because my brother @zepheter is there.

Looking forward to playing with my brother.

I'm a two-way playmaker.

It's been great, but I've been a bit busy on vacation so I haven't had as much time to engage myself within the community. 

Can't think of anything that I'd improve. I'm impressed with the organization and efficiency of the staff.

After I signed my contract, the GM didn't insert me into the lineup or even speak to me about ice time. I wanted to see how well I'd fit in and get a taste of the difficulty in this league.

I don't think I really look up to one person the most. I respect everybody and do my best to learn from them.

As I've said at least a dozen times before, hopefully playing alongside my brother Zep.

• 3 weeks later...

Questions from February 2018, let's gooooooo

It's all about the winning, baby. Yeah, it'd be nice to do something like lead the league in assists, I'm not going to lie. But especially with the young team that we have, I think there's an opportunity to grow as the season goes on and be that team nobody wants to face by the time the playoffs roll around.

By another hockey league, you obviously mean the VHL since there are no other hockey leagues. And there, I'll say an Ay Ay Ron type of player - definitely a facilitator on the offensive end, and a hard hitter that can mess you up on the defensive end.

8 VHL teams, eh? Oy vey. I do think it'd be fun to be drafted by one of the expansion teams in Moscow or Malmo, though. I'd take some pride in helping those markets get to their first VHL title.

Expect to see an important cog to a title-winning team. I'm never going to win any MVP awards or be a 50 goal scorer, but every great team has one or two players that specialize in doing all of the little things. That's going to be Flowers for Yukon and some lucky VHL team.

1b. What do you think about the VHL during your time in the league?

My agency's been around the block for a while and obviously is enjoying the league. It's a good mix of people, a lot of history to try and chase after, and a good pace to the seasons. All in all a fun time.

5b. Where do you see yourself in 5 VHL seasons?

Winning somewhere. I'm fine being on a losing team if there's a plan, but I have no patience for multiple rebuilds. Since my skill set is best on a team that's actively trying to compete, that's where I'd like to be for as much of my VHL career as possible.

I hope to first off gain the trust of my coach as soon as possible through hard work and good hockey.  My only goal this year is to make a name for myself in the VHLM in hopes to get drafted at the end of the year. 

Well I  compare my style of game a lot to Keaton Louth who I grew up watching lots as a child growing up in Calgary. 

I'm not really to picky on where I play, i'll play for anyone willing to take a chance by drafting me. Guess I wouldn't mind going home to Calgary or to Davos where my gramps won the cup.

I intend to play a physical style of game and I plan to be a absolute nightmare for opposing players to play against.

Haven't been here too long but so far it's been good, everyone's been helpful.

I see myself winning the Continental Cup. 

I think it's very streamlined and I've enjoyed my time so far. 

There really should be more engagement in the VHLM level. It's so quiet....

More activity! More people! 

My dad. He taught me how to play.

Probably a 2nd line center or winger on some team trying to make a big step forward. 

On 2/25/2018 at 11:30 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. My skating definitely needs some improvement if I want to make it to the vhl. That'll be my focus this year.

2.ha ha nope. Stay at home dman, rookie season... odds of that are slim we got some pretty talented players on my squad.

3. Dustin Byfuglien, hard to play against and plays a real physical game.

4. Theres quite a few good players up to be drafted. I dont expect to be in the top ten, but my homeboy flowers should be!

5. I play good in my own end and I'm a nightmare for the opposing offensive players. That's my biggest asset so far.

With a full season ahead of me (compared to 10 games last year), I fully expect myself to be up there in hits, shots blocked, assists, hopefully with a positive +/- ratio. I also hope that our Rush team puts together a winning season and compete for the S67 VHLM Championship. That would be ideal. 

I don't really know hockey leagues too much as this is my first endeavor. But I'd probably compare myself to Mr. Cornholio from the GOMHL - the short defensemen racked up hits/shots blocked and was a decent puckhandler/offensive contributor in what was a nice, long career that unfortunately went unrecognized due to his loyalty to a cursed team. 

I don't really pay attention to the VHL, so I do not really care where I end up. The more Northern the team is, the better. I dread these Southern, tropical cities that some of the VHLM organizations play in. 

For this season - I'm just gonna try and get my guy up to 200 ASAP. I will be focusing on a nice, well-rounded build that will help contribute the most to our Yukon Rush organization in their drive for a S67 VHLM Title. I look forward to the challenge and carrying this team alongside Lance Flowers and Frans Ellers, three of the top-four rated S68 prospects. But in the long-term run, VHL-wise, I want to build a solid, aggressive checking defensive defenseman who can contribute positively on offense/PP situations. 

I'm fairly new to the VHL although it seems like I was here 60+ seasons ago, but it was probably for a short time as I don't really recall this brief tenure. But yeah, I think that the VHL is a really nice, well-run system. Everything looks good and I really like the VHL Portal compared to the SBA/EFL electronic updating system. But it looks like there's a significant amount of members here and a lot of active, lively discussions here (i.e. the TPE Inflation VHL.com article) that you don't find in the two other sister leagues too often. I'm still fairly new and trying to assimilate myself a little bit here, so we'll see how that goes. 

In 5 VHL seasons, I'd hope to see myself as one of the premier defensemen in the league and somebody that the opposing forwards dread having to go up against because of my style of play and punishing hits. First line status would be my goal and I intend on accomplishing this. I made it all the way up to Minnesota's first line last year in a span of 10 games, I think I can do the same here in Yukon and in the VHL. 

• Commissioner

1) Where do you see the Rush ending up this year and why?

2) What are your first impressions of Yukon?

3) Which team do you see having the biggest rivalry with? And player in specific?

4) Is there a player you model your game after?

5) If you have been drafted in the VHL, are you happy with how it went? If you haven't, where do you expect to go in next season's draft?

6) What has to happen for you to consider this season a success? As a team or personally.