Seattle Bears Press Conference

7. What teams had the biggest off-season? Seattle of course! Got a stud goalie early on

8. What do you think of the Bears trading their players for 1st rounders while still staying competitive for the season? I think Bana has the magic touch and wouldn't question his tactics

9. Thoughts on the team drafting @SlapshotDragon and @oilmandan? Great moves. Both of them

10. What did you do last weekend? Did some summer purging at home. Not much else

11. What are your plans for the next weekend coming up? Brother in laws wedding and maybe golfing

12. What did you have for supper? ;) Didn't last night. Had 2 slopitch games and didn't feel like cooking after

:sea: Bana's S79 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S79 VHL Index

S79 VHLM Index

19. Thoughts on the team trading Micah Adrienne ( @Poptart ) for Spencer Elsby ( @Spence King ) ?

20. Thoughts on the most recent deal of trading @Kendrick for @jRuutu's player?

21. Who has been some of the Bears MVP's so far?

22. Thoughts on the Bears season so far?

23. what are your thoughts on Toronto once again selling everything after a hot start then stalled season?

24. What team is the most surprising so far this season in the standings? Why?

25. Who has been the leagues best forward so far this season? Why?

26. Who has been the leagues best goalie so far this season? Why?

27. Who has been the leagues best d-man so far this season? Why?

28. How was your last weekend?

29. What are your plans for this week?

30. What's something interesting going on in your life right now?

31. Are you watching the Olympics? If so, which events have you watched?

32. What are your thoughts on the newest GM's.. VHLE...? GM Announcement

33. Who has been one of Seattle's underrated players?

34. What is a superstition your player has?

35. Who is your players celebrity crush? Who is yours, the members (YOU!) celebrity crush etc? 

*You can use these to answer for multiple weeks. It's why I provide so many (also variety to choose from).

19. Thoughts on the team trading Micah Adrienne for Spencer Elsby? 

Great move here. Yes Adrienne has one more season after this but is not a player that moves the needle. Elsby has been great so far with 26 points in Seattle after a slow start with a really poor Helsinki team.

20. Thoughts on the most recent deal of trading for jruutu's player?

Good pickup if Seattle can get Jokinen on track. Young player with a lot of potential.

Goaltending has seen a big improvement over last year but that could also be a result of a strong defensive team overall. We have six players over a point per game.

Aside from that slow start the Bears are back on top of the Euro conference. Cant complain about that.

23. what are your thoughts on Toronto once again selling everything after a hot start then stalled season?

I was actually happy to see them succeeding early as Toronto really has seen some bad years. Something has to click eventually over there.

Malmo... on paper they just aren't a first place team. Good for them though getting everything they can out of their roster.

28. How was your last weekend? It was really good. Brother in laws wedding. So that was cool

29. What are your plans for this week? Visiting family and trying to enjoy some of the last bit of heat we may see

30. What's something interesting going on in your life right now? Well slopitch season is going real well. That and I'm gonna be a dad.

31. Are you watching the Olympics? If so, which events have you watched? Nope not at all. Not a big summer olympics fan. I watched a few minutes here and there.

32. What are your thoughts on the newest GM's.. VHLE...? GM Announcement Some very deserving people finally getting opportunities  

34. What is a superstition your player has? Always eating the same meal before games

19. Thoughts on the team trading Micah Adrienne ( @Poptart ) for Spencer Elsby ( @Spence King ) ?

I know Elsby is a huge threat offensively and that's something the team needs moving forward, this is the second time Adrienne and I got to play together for a short stint

20. Thoughts on the most recent deal of trading @Kendrick for @jRuutu's player?

Kendrick is the man tbh but you replaced him with an equally cool jRuutu, nothing to say here but I hope both players the best of luck!

Tim "taking the puck downtown" Brown for sure and Andrew Su whose earned the nickname "Tsunami" for his one of a kind offense ability which is fueled by his ability to skate through waves of opposition 

This is definitely our best display of hockey in a viewers eyes but deep down there's a lot of sleeping giants waiting for the playoffs so we have to keep our foot on the pedal for our future happenings 

They have to trust the process and I know that now specially because of my experience as a new GM in Ottawa, maybe I should have kept our pieces and tried to climb to the top 🤔 Either way I guess the future looks bright!!

Calgary is the one team I knew would compete but they exceeded my expectations because they're a real threat for us now and after they took offense to our trash talking last season who knows how a series would go between us

20. Thoughts on the most recent deal of trading Kendrick for jRuutu's player?
Fair number of pieces moving. Let's hope Jokinen is able to reach his potential. Because of that, we will see the ''hit or miss'' verdict in the future. Right now it's looking like a solid hockey trade.

That is a tough one, there is quite a few players with great numbers. I'll say Rasputin as he has been great in net.

Among the best teams in the league. That says it all really. I'm sure some games could have ended differently, but that is normal in VHL. Based on the season so far, Seattle is a favorite to win it all.

Interesting stuff for sure. I don't know if it's the players that asked out or other GM's who sent too good offers that a rebuild started to look like a decent option, but they have a lot of picks in the near future. Interesting team to follow.

Chicago maybe? I have not followed VHL that closely, but feels like they have more in the tank than 9th place finish. Perhaps just a bad run, but I was expecting them to be higher.

Odinsson from Malmo. He seems to be playing on another level than most forwards.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S79 VHL Index

S79 VHLM Index

@jRuutu is my homie from day one back when i came to this and i wont forget him , happy to have fim on the team ! hopefully can catch up in the LR soon !

@Spartan No questions asked , this guy comes in during his final season and is going for the record books , my personal Freinemy since the S72 draft being the top two defenders from that draft 

Amazing , spent it with my better half ❤️ 

Looking for work :( Damn its been two months and no luck :( since the loss of my child and being let go from my new job after graduating finding work has been impossible and extremely demoralizing :(

Skateboarding !! but the fucking Olympics was over before i knew it god damn ! i saw a couple swimmming heats that were entertaining , wasnt marketed wekk enough 

honestly SHOCKED , with so many of the VHLM GMs being named GMS means the VHLM will see a big change as well , all very interesting 

its gotta be Askarov , his play is going under the radar forsure .

The way I wax my stick before each game , i have a special routine when it comes to waxing my blade

*You can use these to answer for multiple weeks. It's why I provide so many (also variety to choose from).

Reveal hidden contents

Odinsson is a man possessed. 102 points in 51 games, 45 being goals.

Zamboni Driver. Playing his heart out in his final season. 

Alex Letang, big points, great ratings, physical and blocks shots. Hard to beat.

Pretty great, lots of time spent outside enjoying the weather.

Working but off Friday on vacay for a nice long weekend.

Nothing too stressful going on which is always nice.

Has to be out of nowhere Gunnar Odinsson, he currently has 50 goals and the season isn't even over

Don't even to think about this, Rara Rasputin, maybe a little bias but he's been a brick HOUSE and he's having one of those seasons 

I'm a stats man and one player I've been looking up at all season has been Alex Letang. Should easily get nominated for every defensive award!

It was alright, thanks for asking

Didn't do a whole lot and still nothing interesting this weekend.. Same old same old

Nothing really as I stated above. Oh I guess making a lemon cake scratch could interest some people :)

Pretty good. I was visiting my old hometown. I spent some time with the family, was nice.

Nothing too interesting. I might just take it easy at home. This week is last week of my ''holiday'', so last chance to relax before going back to the same old same old.

I recently moved to a new apartment. This area is new to me, so lately I have been just trying to familiarize myself with the area.

Looks like a solid group of managers. Should make for a interesting start to the league!

Frank Funk Jr is one. He plays a strong two-way game, he hits a lot and he is also able to put up fair total of points.

I always close my eyes before shooting the puck. I think it's not up to me to decide where the puck goes, so I just close my eyes and let faith guide my body and the puck.

Sadly they are over but I tried to watch whenever I could. I enjoy the track events.

Looks like it will be a fun league. I am likely moving on from VHL after this season but I wish them all well.

Leveque. Solid dman who willingly dives in front of the puck to blocks shots.

He has a sticker of Selanne's number inside his helmet.

35. Who is your players celebrity crush? Who is yours, the members (YOU!) celebrity crush etc?

Venus Thightrap, an acceptable answer for all the above 🤩

36. What are your post-season goals?
Get in as top seed and ride the home-ice advantage all the way to a cup win before Vaak retires.

Nope not right now, cant really get into it

Hype. It will bring more people in and give more games to the veteran members who are getting bored of the current set up

Funk has been a diamond in the rough for sure and he's been very good on our specialty team units

I don't like to follow my stats or mention it to anybody because I know STHS is listening ;)

My player doesn't really crush on anybody, too much focus on hockey

36. What are your post-season goals?
Win a cup, nothing else matters!

Edited by 16z

Questions for fun

1. What song should be played every time Seattle Bears wins a playoff game?

2. Do you like to give interviews between periods?

3. How different is playoff hockey compared to regular season hockey?

4. What team would you like to face in the finals?

5. Thoughts on 3v3 overtime, should it be used in every league?

6.  What if the suits all of sudden decide that game of hockey is played with 4 skaters + goalie - what would your thoughts be?

Bear Necessities

Once in a while, its best to be in the locker room hearing what the coach has to say

3. How different is playoff hockey compared to regular season hockey?
Its a completely different beast. Time to be at the top of your game every single shift.

Riga. I'd love to faceoff against Zamboni Driver.

Sure why not, and conitnuous, anything is better than a shootout

6.  What if the suits all of sudden decide that game of hockey is played with 4 skaters + goalie - what would your thoughts be?
Would open the ice quite a bit and produce a much higher scoring game. Not sure if I'd be in support of it though.

Questions for fun

1. What song should be played every time Seattle Bears wins a playoff game? The Gummy Bear Song

2. Do you like to give interviews between periods? Love it, except they don't let me swear

3. How different is playoff hockey compared to regular season hockey? Ratchet it up about 10 notches and then about 5 more. And no penalties

4. What team would you like to face in the finals? Riga? Hedgehog does a great job

5. Thoughts on 3v3 overtime, should it be used in every league? It should. Opens the game up so much

6.  What if the suits all of sudden decide that game of hockey is played with 4 skaters + goalie - what would your thoughts be? Players Association would be full against it, bit it would make it exciting hockey for sure

More random questions for fun

1. Can you celebrate too hard? (For example, after scoring a goal.)

2.  What makes Seattle Bears so mean as a team?

3. Do you like flying?

4. Road trip in Europe, how do you spend time during all the flights?

5. What country should have a VHL team? Or what country you would like to visit few times per year to play hockey?

6. Should suspensions be a thing in VHL? (For example, you get thrown out of the game = minimum suspension of 3 games. Get thrown out again later in the season/career= minimum suspension 5 games, etc)

Edited by jRuutu

Spoiler

Yes, Of course you can. Usually it is anything that is embarrassing for yourself or your team. 

2.  What makes Seattle Bears so mean as a team?

Spoiler

Are they mean? I like to think of the bears more like cute and cuddly things that I can hug when I go to sleep. Much like a cat that you just grab tight around the neck when it tries to leave. 

3. Do you like flying?

Spoiler

Hell NO!! Small seats, no leg room, trapped, no control and food that will take a week to pass correctly.

Spoiler

Sleeping, walking the aisle and bugging team mates so that just maybe the time will pass a lot quicker. Maybe even see if another team is on the plane and bug them. Would say Helmet and gloves but fear of someone being ejected from the plane tells me this wouldn't be a good idea. Mini sticks might be a good idea even with the limited space. 

5. What country should have a VHL team? Or what country you would like to visit few times per year to play hockey?

Spoiler

Is this more a question of where I would like to visit or more a question of where we should play hockey? Denmark if Hockey wise but China if I simple want to visit wise.

6. Should suspensions be a thing in VHL? (For example, you get thrown out of the game = minimum suspension of 3 games. Get thrown out again later in the season/career= minimum suspension 5 games, etc)

Spoiler

While I used to think suspension and injuries should have been part of the VHL in the past; I disagree with my former self since I think random events would piss off a lot of players and could see a lot simple leave the league if they end up having too many random suspension or injuries so I am going to say now Heck no. 

Sure, just don't be an idiot

2.  What makes Seattle Bears so mean as a team?
Maybe teams may not like Seattle because of their consistency. I don't see them as mean.

3. Do you like flying?
I prefer a road trip to be honest.

Movies, shows, maybe some gaming on the Switch.

Switzerland national league seems like a nice league to play for.

Not unless injuries were added. Which I don't think would be a wise addition.

Berenstain Bears theme song 

Not really the coach has me on tight minutes so I can never think of answers

3. How different is playoff hockey compared to regular season hockey?

Whole different ballpark and anything can happen really, new leaders and different strategies make it a sprint to the final

Los Angeles 

Yes because we don't get enough of it, that would be a great alternate than having longer periods or whatever else that could change the game

6.  What if the suits all of sudden decide that game of hockey is played with 4 skaters + goalie - what would your thoughts be?

I'm down

New set of questions;

1) Down 3 - 2 against Malmo, give us your best motivational quote.

2) Are you happy with your playoff performance?

3) If you had to name a Bears playoff MVP who is your pick?

4) What skills are you going to focus on sharpening up over the off-season?

5) Who do you see going first overall in the S80 entry draft?

6) Do you predict Seattle as a contender again in season 80?

On 8/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S79 VHL Index

S79 VHLM Index

19. Thoughts on the team trading Micah Adrienne ( @Poptart ) for Spencer Elsby ( @Spence King ) ?

Reveal hidden contents

35. Hogan 2's celebrity crush is Hulk Hogan. My celebrity crush is probably Drew Barrymore.

28. Good, I had work Saturday and it was my birthday Sunday,

22. Just lost the finals, wouldn't have happened If I was on the team.

27. Even though he's not in the league it's Hulk Hogan 2, great promising rookie and will make an immediate splash in the world.

29. Use my new laptop, go to school and probably hang out with friends and family.

34. Always recite a 30 minute prayer to the lord and saviour Hulk Hogan before every game and in between every period.

1) Down 3 - 2 against Malmo, give us your best motivational quote.

''Those who lose don't win. Those who win will win. Ask yourself who you would rather be? Those who win and win, or those who lose and don't win?''

2) Are you happy with your playoff performance?

I am. Regular season was not easy, but I think I was able to reach a new level in the playoffs.

3) If you had to name a Bears playoff MVP who is your pick?

That is a tough one. Quite few players had strong playoffs. Of course, Jungkok with 17 goals is a favorite for many, but he also had few players feeding him constantly. Campbell, Su, and Vaakanainen to name few, they all had well over 20 points.

4) What skills are you going to focus on sharpening up over the off-season?

Puck handling is one. I need to be better with the puck on my stick. I'm also going to focus in defending. Mainly gap control and positioning.

5) Who do you see going first overall in the S80 entry draft?

Toughh to say. The draft group looks pretty nice, so many top level talents out there. I'll say Booberry, someone will get a franchise goalie.

6) Do you predict Seattle as a contender again in season 80?

Contender is a strong word, because there will be quite few changes because of the retirements, but I think Seattle will make the playoffs, in there anything can happen.

1. Can you celebrate too hard? (For example, after scoring a goal.) Never. Go hard or go home

2. What makes Seattle Bears so mean as a team? Just a solid team toughness where everyone has each other’s back 

3. Do you like flying? Not really no. Definitely are better ways of travelling 

4. Road trip in Europe, how do you spend time during all the flights? Sleeping

5. What country should have a VHL team? Or what country you would like to visit few times per year to play hockey? Ukraine should have a team. But I’d like to visit Greece

6. Should suspensions be a thing in VHL? (For example, you get thrown out of the game = minimum suspension of 3 games. Get thrown out again later in the season/career= minimum suspension 5 games, etc) ya why not. Keep the masses inline

Q's for TPE

1. What is the worst way to spend the off-season?

2. You show up to the training camp in terrible condition, what is the excuse you use?

3.  First five games, what kind of start to the season will Seattle get?

4.  Top-3 worst colors for team bus?

5.  What makes Seattle a nice place to live in?

6.  How many sticks do you carry with you to games?