VHLM Commissioner Change

Quik

As some of you have already noticed, @Banackock has stepped down from his position of VHLM Commissioner, as well as his position in the Board of Governors. We would like to thank him for all the time and effort he has put into the position. He has overseen the largest growth period ever in the VHLM, and has put more hours and late nights into the job than could be reasonably expected.

With that said, @Sonnet has agreed to take up the vacant Commissioner post, effective immediately. We believe he is a great choice for the role as someone who does fantastic work with VHLM players on a daily basis, and that, along with @diamond_ace, he will only expand on the fantastic groundwork already laid out in the VHLM.

Again, thank you to Bana for all your work, and best of luck to Sonnet!

Thanks for taking over the VHLM for me for so long @Banackock I left it in a pretty bad state and you fixed it and made it into a competitive thriving league. Thank you for everything you did for the M.

Looking forward to seeing what @Sonnet can do!

Thanks for your contributions @Banackock. I have no idea what you said that has resulted in you, "stepping down" so I can't comment on that, but you've always been a hustler

Speaking of hustlers, I know @Sonnet is one as well, and should work well together with my boy DA 

Already talked to you @Banackock but wanted to say once again, thank you for everything you've done to get the VHLM to thrive. o7

Congrats to Sonnet (phone isn't letting me tag again) on the job, I look forward to seeing you in the expanded role!

I was going to wait until later to release a statement. I didn’t wake up this morning or go to bed last night thinking this would happen. I never ever had plans of stepping away. I feel like this is just a poor, poor misunderstanding where my wording was blown up and examined and taken out of context.. I don’t even know.. walking in circles.. especially seeing as my words came from the source itself.. 

I have given two years to the role as VHLM commissioner and as I mentioned, I never intended to step away ever.. and didn’t last night or this morning when I woke up.. I have missed family events, family suppers during Easter and Thanksgiving, Ive had situations where my grandfather passed away.. my girlfriend found out she has a tumor in May and very well could have cancer.. and my world is flipped upside down. The sadness I’ve had. The dreams I’ve had to which I wake up in the middle of the night with wet eyes crying.. and I was still here for the league, it’s members, the VHLM and my family who was the VHLM  and it’s GM’s. I’ve never left. My activity has never lessened. I was always here at the moment of a ping, a mention, a message.. the moment my alarm rang at 0600 I was on and was here until the moment I put my phone down to go to bed.. 

I feel frustrated. I feel very heartbroken. I feel disappointed in the leadership and myself. I feel small. Similar to my Hall of Fame speech I got.. I was so excited to be recognized. I was so proud to reach that level. What I got was a very short, rambled paragraph on how I improved the league and am an asshole to some. I felt so incredibly small. I felt worthless. That I try so hard for everyone here to make this league as amazing as it is, as it’s become and as it will grow into.. and felt like it didn’t matter. I don’t know, VHL. Super sad day. I was booted without even being able to say good bye to people I spent all day talking with, helping.. they weren’t just GM’s.. they were my support.. closest thing to online pals and family I’ll ever have.. I am incredibly grateful for them.. 

With that being said,  @VHLM GM , assistants and managers that I’ve had in the past.. I can’t name you all but every single one of you.. Thank you for the amazing 2 years. Yes, sometimes we disagreed. Yes, the M section was a UFC ring sometimes.. sometimes, you know, it even ended on bad terms a little bit and it was unfortunate because in the grand scheme.. I still have a spot for those people. We had many amazing times.. I’m sorry. I don’t even know how to properly thank you guys for being my family for all the hours, days and bad, happy and good times. I just want you all to know that I love you all as members and as people and it saddens me and breaks my heart. I’m really, really going to miss you guys and miss working/talking with you all each and every hour of the day.. I don’t know.. sorry this statement sucks..

VHL, VHLM.. thank you for the support. It’s because of you amazing people, all you different people, that have come together to make this place such an .. addiction. Such a strong hobby. Such a strong part of our lives.. it’s you guys that I always wanted to do right by. I put in the work and hours with the intentions to improve you and your experiences here. I’m not perfect. I’m so deeply sorry for the mistakes I’ve made and to anyone who have crossed swords.. 

I can’t thank you all enough I just don’t know how to express it and am struggling to find words to say..  I wish you all the best and all the love in the world. Keep making this place a better place than it was yesterday. Remember, mistakes happen. We won’t always agree and we’re such a large group of many differences but we all are here because we love this shit. 

You can still expect me behind DA BEARZ..  see you out there. Take care.. 

@Banackock I really want to thank you for everything you’ve done for the M. Idek if you remember this, but you left a comment on one of my posts in my draft season that said “I’m watching you @Patrik Tallinder.” This comment, along with another comment from @diamond_ace, were just regular comments. But for me, they were motivation to stay active. Especially when my name was nowhere to be found in draft-related articles at that point. To be recognized, even just briefly, by commissioners and GMs was exciting, and part of the reason I started making draft content was to give other new members that same feeling.

Cheers man, good luck with Seattle in the future.

7 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

@Banackock I really want to thank you for everything you’ve done for the M. Idek if you remember this, but you left a comment on one of my posts in my draft season that said “I’m watching you @Patrik Tallinder.” This comment, along with another comment from @diamond_ace, were just regular comments. But for me, they were motivation to stay active. Especially when my name was nowhere to be found in draft-related articles at that point. To be recognized, even just briefly, by commissioners and GMs was exciting, and part of the reason I started making draft content was to give other new members that same feeling.

Cheers man, good luck with Seattle in the future.

Always the job of the dark green team to keep watch on the pulse of the league, new guys coming in that have the potential to make big moves. You were that, and you're starting to step into that potential more and more every time you come on.

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, Tate said:

You’re such a shitty human being. Good luck (not) making your 8 seasons you scum bag wash out. 

The post was a bit unnecessary buddy but let’s tone it down a bit.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

As some of you have already noticed, @Banackock has stepped down from his position of VHLM Commissioner, as well as his position in the Board of Governors. We would like to thank him for all the time and effort he has put into the position. He has overseen the largest growth period ever in the VHLM, and has put more hours and late nights into the job than could be reasonably expected.

Sad Michael Scott GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

We had our differences Bana but I still respect you as a member, thank you for doing what you did.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

With that said, @Sonnet has agreed to take up the vacant Commissioner post, effective immediately. We believe he is a great choice for the role as someone who does fantastic work with VHLM players on a daily basis, and that, along with @diamond_ace, he will only expand on the fantastic groundwork already laid out in the VHLM.

Garbage Collector Breaking Bin Garbage Collector Breaking Mailbox GIF - GarbageCollectorBreakingBin GarbageCollectorBreakingMailbox ManBreakingMailbox GIFs

First off, thank you to @Banackock for all your hard work running the minors. I wasn't watching Discord last night, don't know what happened, won't comment on it, but there's no denying that you did great work for a long time down there. You were very helpful to me as a newer GM and probably played a good part in getting me where I am in the league today.

But congrats to Sonnet (who I've already pinged and annoyed about this elsewhere) on the hire! One of my favorite people in this league and probably the first person here I ever got to know. You'll do great things as commissioner and I look forward to seeing them!

I want to take a moment to thank you @Banackock for your service to the VHLM. I have seen first-hand the work that you put into our community, and I know I have only been here for a small portion of it. I won't speak on the circumstance at hand; I want to focus on all the good you have done for the league that I have probably spent more time on than the VHL. I have always been thankful for your passion, even if I haven't always agreed your exact opinion on league-related matters :). To your personal life, I know things haven't been easy recently; I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you right now ❤️ I can't imagine the stress you must be feeling right now, and I wish you and yours all the best. Good luck Bana. 

• Admin

@Banackock you clearly feel that you have not received the recognition and appreciation that you feel you deserve. You have made that point abundantly clear many times. I'm afraid that's true for most people in positions of power, in the VHL and in real life. I have however never seen anyone so committed to try to get that recognition while also more hellbent than anyone I've ever seen on alienating the very people who could provide that approval.

It is extremely telling to me that no one blue, of any shade, either on the forum or on Discord, came out to defend you in the last 24 hours. Either the judgement of every blue in this league is completely clouded by an absolutely inane hatred of you, or we are not the problem. We're not all exactly best buds either - I think there's actually remarkably little personal history between the commishes and admins of the league considering how long many of us have been here.

There's a few paths you can take here. You could do nothing and move on, you could change something up in your interactions, it's up to you and your personal circumstances. Or apparently you can tell every  @VHLM GM that you have been wronged and discriminated by everyone who holds any responsibility in this league and blame everyone but yourself.

Up to you.

So, the end of an era is here. 

@Banackock was a great Commissioner. From helping his GM's to being a support if you just needed to talk to someone. A member of highest quality in our community! I will raise a glass of brandy for you good sir! Hope your next adventures will be even more amazing and great!

@Sonnet, I wish you all the luck in this endeavour, I am confident you will do great! (You know, that Houston pride)

@Victor clearly I posted my message and have moved on while only defending being called a racist which I’m not..

I have nothing to do with anything else. I am part of nothing else. I have just sat here and watched and listened.. everyone has a right to make up their own mind and opinions and to be honest, nobody is wrong to feel however they decide to feel. I respect that. Please stop dragging me through this. I just want to go on. This has been difficult enough for me. 

Thank you for understanding this ??

Edited by Banackock

Look, not many people know me.  I'm new here in these parts and I dont know the down-low.  Ill give credit where it's due.  Thanks Bana for being a part of something that's bigger than all of us, with all of us.

@Banackock your hard work and dedication towards the M is a huge reason why it is as engaging and alive as it is today. That is something that simply can't be understated. It will continue to be that way, because you've shown us that the M can be this way, and even better. 

VHLM

It's lit ?