S75 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

Hey there, hope you've recovered from the hectic, potentially record-breaking* day of trades to start the off-season. Take a breath, settle down, as we have a juicy Hall of Fame induction for you today.

*not a verified fact

C - Hunter Hearst Helmsley, S66-S73 :rig::que::war:

RS: 576 GP, 265 G, 362 A, 627 P, +96, 747 PIM, 1,567 HIT, 234 SB, 45 GW

PO: 56 GP, 18 G, 24 A, 42 P, +3, 84 PIM, 147 HIT, 30 SB, 4 GW

S71 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S71 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

3x All-VHL First Team (S69, S71, S73)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S70)

He's done it! Beaviss is in the Hall of Fame! Hunter Hearst Helmsley, aka HHH, was one of the most hyped consensus first overall picks in recent memory, racking up pre-draft TPE to such an extent he was almost guaranteed to hit the ground running in the VHL. He didn't quite do that, but set up a nice foundation for his HOF bid for when he did break out. In his final 5 seasons, HHH became a bonafide star and one of the premier and most feared forwards in the league. A center who could do anything, he finished his career with a frankly ridiculous 1,828 TPE, good for 2nd all time. HHH didn't manage to win a championship or even make it to the finals, which probably more than anything held him back from a first ballot induction. But in the regular season he was at the pinnacle for a forward in the VHL's dead puck era and is a very well deserved entry into the Hall of Fame. @Beaviss

G - Rayz Funk, S67-S74 :sea: :dav:

RS: 522 GP, 294 W, 179 L, 40 OTL, 2.56 GAA, .917 SV%, 36 SO

PO: 85 GP, 55 W, 20 L, 10 OTL, 2.09 GAA, .930 SV%, 7 SO

S67 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)
S68 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S69 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S71 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S73 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S68)
Four Continental Cups (S68, S69, S71, S73)

Let's face it, Funk was just an above average goaltender in the regular season. In complete contrast to HHH, if we were judging players solely by their regular season work, Funk wouldn't even make the HOF ballot. But this is Rayz Funk, therefore the regular season is irrelevant, much like it was for the legendary Seattle team he backstopped. In the future, when people think of the team that won 4 cups in 6 seasons, they'll think of Funk, the man who was MVP for all 4 of them. The playoff MVP trophy may continue being named after Daisuke Kanou, but there is no longer debate about who the greatest playoff goaltender in VHL history is - it's Rayz Funk. Greatest playoff performer regardless of position? That's a debate for another day but the fact it exists is exactly why Funk is a first ballot Hall of Famer, regular season be damned. @Rayzor_7

It was a very close vote, here's how the votes tallied up:

Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 8/11

Rayz Funk - 7/11

---

Lincoln Tate - 6/11

Hulk Hogan - 0/11

But we are not done here for we have a Builder induction too. Now there's an unwritten rule that you wait for someone, especially a commissioner, to step down from their main role before inducting them as a Builder. But firstly, we've broken that rule loads anyway and more importantly, is @Beaviss ever going to stop? The man is a machine.

I remember coming back from hiatus in S59 or S60 and the GM of Quebec was a guy I didn't know, who also was the VHLM commish and on a mission to revamp the VHL's barely functioning recruitment team. He's still the GM of Quebec (Vancouver now) - that tenure would be worthy of Builder consideration on its own and will be just a footnote here - but has come up the ranks to become VHL commish in no time. More importantly, and I don't throw this around lightly, I'm not sure we'd be here celebrating a 75th season if Beav hadn't joined the league in those dark months in the 50s.

Keaton Louth may have failed to make the HOF as a player (although maybe, just maybe, hold that thought), but he is a slam dunk induction as a Builder, with a capital B.

Congratulations Beav, Ray, and Beav again! :cheers:

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

It was a very close vote, here's how the votes tallied up:

Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 8/11

Rayz Funk - 7/11

---

Lincoln Tate - 6/11

Hulk Hogan - 0/11

LETTS GOOOO. Another 0 vote performance. Was amazed to be a repeat winner in defensemen trophies many times. This is truly an honour to do it in the HOF

Congrats @Rayzor_7, fantastic career with unrivalled playoff success!

@Beaviss big congrats to you my dude, been a long time coming and very well deserved on both ends, especially the builder nod. Wild to think about all those days chatting on here (bring back chat?) and what you’ve brought to the league in what is not really a short time anymore, but was when you started all of your movements. Vic isn’t wrong that there likely isn’t a 75th VHL season without you. 

Love you man, expect your builder article to be up there soon. 

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, WentzKneeFan036 said:

@flyersfan1453 if we make it one more season that will be 10 seasons since I was inducted as a builder....pretty sure that was close to 2 years ago

WRITE MY ARTICLE

It’ll probably get written around the time mine gets updated not to say that I’m a builder based on longevity  and haven’t held any major positions of note.

We also could give it to someone else if you want. I know the intention was for your brother to write it but like... it’s been awhile.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

It’ll probably get written around the time mine gets updated not to say that I’m a builder based on longevity  and haven’t held any major positions of note.

We also could give it to someone else if you want. I know the intention was for your brother to write it but like... it’s been awhile.

No it has to be flyers for the meme now

@Rayzor_7proud of you buddy! I remember you saying you wanted to break records and get in the HoF all the way back in Mississauga! It was a pleasure to play with you for almost my whole career. Hope your son is just as good!