Members that left us to soon

Matt_O

I am not including guys like Scotty, who were in the league for very long periods of time but then left a while ago. I am focusing on recent history.

Honorable mention to @McWolf since he inspired this list, despite his most recent comeback

@Stoffiday

I didn't really know him, but he obviously was loved by most in the community. Beaviss just said he misses him, and he hasn't logged on in 6 months. For a first gen, he clearly had a big impact on the site.

@Spade18 While a return is possible, for now it looks like it's over. Being removed from the NY GM job due to inactivity, losing his job at the recruitment crew and not earning any TPE for Shane Mars. He was well respected in the community and we hope to see him back.

@Eudaldkp He was the GM of the Storm and was the S65 first overall pick. He recently stepped down and hasn't updated in nearly two months. It was a shame to see him go, but his decline in activity was slowly becoming more obvious as time went on. It wasn't out of nowhere. We still hope he returns.

I'm sure there are a ton of guys I missed. These are just the three that I can think of off the top of my head

My top 5:

@JardyB10 the main simmer for years, and the guy who kept me active through my first player. I played on Minot in the VHLM under him, then in Calgary in the bigs under him, then took over GMing Calgary from him.

@Jericho the remaining Pajod Squad mainstay - @Devise and @Advantage are both here, but sadly Jericho has a bit too much to do putting the videos together. Still, I go a long way back with him. Jericho will probably be jokingly-mad he's not 1 on the list :P

BOOM (there is no username BOOM and I don't know what he changed it to before he left) - he only recently went inactive, but he was one of the Pajodcast peripheral crew, like me. @.sniffuM was part of the peripheral crew as well, but he's here, as was @Tagger who I see floating around on occasion although can't really say he's "here" in the traditional sense.

@probably not noah who is actually Noah. Another Pajodcast peripheral, Noah's gone on to do big things in music with his Polyphonic channel.

@Squinty I haven't heard from at all since he left, which is a shame. He was a good guy and funny, always kept shit light

• Admin
10 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

@JardyB10 the main simmer for years

I wouldn’t call him as gone too soon lol, I was surprised he stuck around for as long as he did, especially as summer.

11 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Pajodcast peripheral crew

Also proud alumni right here, including running an awards ceremony or two.

46 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

@Stoffiday

I didn't really know him, but he obviously was loved by most in the community

I wonder who @ShawnGlade was gonna protect between him and Davison but Moscow either missed out on a franchise goalie from the start or dodged a bullet because of his early retirement. Got Baillie instead from Davos so guess it doesn’t matter too much.

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

I wouldn’t call him as gone too soon lol, I was surprised he stuck around for as long as he did, especially as summer.

True, but I'd still rather he was here

Also proud alumni right here, including running an awards ceremony or two.

Yeah you did.

I wonder who @ShawnGlade was gonna protect between him and Davison but Moscow either missed out on a franchise goalie from the start or dodged a bullet because of his early retirement. Got Baillie instead from Davos so guess it doesn’t matter too much.

8 minutes ago, Victor said:

It definitely woulda been interesting, seeing as I didn't know expansion was coming when I had them

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, McWolf said:

thanks for the mention @Matt_O

now if Spade and Tagger could come back 

Spade is planning on it, life is just getting in the way for him. Tagger I’m not sure, smells of burnout to me.

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

@JardyB10 come back

we also need the younger @Knight here

anyone ever hear from Slobo since he left. Or Boulet what about pensfan I bet he’ll come back to get Vasteras another go in the league

Pour one out for the homies

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Tagger I’m not sure, smells of burnout to me.

It's not burnout, if I had as much free time as I did when I was active, I would still be just as active as before. I do still check on the site every once in a while.

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, Tagger said:

It's not burnout, if I had as much free time as I did when I was active, I would still be just as active as before. I do still check on the site every once in a while.

Well, the more you know haha

Advanced issues found

On 7/10/2019 at 9:37 PM, Matt_O said:

I am not including guys like Scotty, who were in the league for very long periods of time but then left a while ago. I am focusing on recent history.

Honorable mention to @McWolf:nya: since he inspired this list, despite his most recent comeback

@Stoffiday

I didn't really know him, but he obviously was loved by most in the community. Beaviss just said he misses him, and he hasn't logged on in 6 months. For a first gen, he clearly had a big impact on the site.

@Spade18:nya: While a return is possible, for now it looks like it's over. Being removed from the NY GM job due to inactivity, losing his job at the recruitment crew and not earning any TPE for Shane Mars. He was well respected in the community and we hope to see him back.

@Eudaldkp:nya: He was the GM of the Storm and was the S65 first overall pick. He recently stepped down and hasn't updated in nearly two months. It was a shame to see him go, but his decline in activity was slowly becoming more obvious as time went on. It wasn't out of nowhere. We still hope he returns.

I'm sure there are a ton of guys I missed. These are just the three that I can think of off the top of my head

Notice a trend?....

On 7/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, Bruins10 said:

So many people mentioned right here. @Squinty , @Frank, @probably not noah, @JardyB10 @Jericho

For me, gotta give some shoutouts to @Koradek and even @Boragina those were the GOATs for me. Really enjoyed being around them in the sim league and kept me around here back in the day

Kora is doing some really dope stuff irl with graphic design and photography.

Edited by Kyle

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

Kora is doing some really dope stuff irl with graphic design and photography.

Nice! Ive always wondered what happened to some of the guys that were here back in the day. Always hoped that they were going down the right path so Im glad to hear hes doing well

I know he was in Graphic Design school when I used to chat with him but then it got so busy so he had to slowly slowly step away from the league. So all that hard work payed off