S68 Referendum: Unban boubabi

Higgins

S68 referendum public vote  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do want to speak for all people who have common sense - please, be sure to vote "No" for a simple reason, people that remember him and remember dealing will either tell you he was a funny person to have around (Only a few of his friends) or they will tell you that he was a bully and a person you don't want to have around you because of his constant foul language and personal attacks. Be sure to smart and vote "No"
Thanks

Just now, FrostBeard said:

I do want to speak for all people who have common sense - please, be sure to vote "No" for a simple reason, people that remember him and remember dealing will either tell you he was a funny person to have around (Only a few of his friends) or they will tell you that he was a bully and a person you don't want to have around you because of his constant foul language and personal attacks. Be sure to smart and vote "No"
Thanks

As the VHLM commissioner and Bears GM, I largely encourage those who do and don’t know, to vote NO. :) 

Just now, Banackock said:

As the VHLM commissioner and Bears GM, I largely encourage those who do and don’t know, to vote NO. :) 

I'm a No advocate but I encourage those who don't know to abstain from voting in either direction. Those who know will pretty heavily vote no anyway.

As someone who was Blue at the time and was responsible for baning him the first time I also voted no. 

I conceded to the arguments behind the scenes when he was given the second chance months after, and there have been years of my life where I genuinely considered Boubabi a friend. But when we as Blue even after all of the drama all privately talked with him and tried to get a final comeback, his "re-interview" message to us was my final nail in the coffin. 

I happen to agree with you @Higgins that there was times it crossed the line on multiple sides and Boubabi had reason initially to think he wasn't given a fair shake. But other than Kendrick, the rest of us, especially in Blue/former at the time totally acknowledged that and tried very hard to make amends. 

I don't want to hear any bullshit about how this is some PC controlled forum. Just because we ask for a bit more decorum that 4chan doesn't mean we are this beacon of censorship. It was the personal harassment that ultimately pushed Boubabi over the edge. I know you admit he crossed the line then, and I can appreciate your push to see a sentence served, with a chance at redemption. I just don't feel that it's something the league should explore and ultimately unless something has changed it seems it would be short lived anyway, as despite our lax tolerance levels, we were apparently too harsh for his commenting standards.

1 hour ago, Frozen Block said:

Give him a second chance, I vote yes

We're like somewhere in 10th chance if I recall.

I voted no but if he came back in totally telling him I was right about  Drouin.

Edited by tfong

2 minutes ago, tfong said:

Also pointing out that going back on a perma ban status will weaken staff rulings as a whole. Not really scaring people if they know they can come back in a year.

What loser would want to come back to a sim league a year after their ban anyways

me