VHL GM League

Quik

@.sniffuM brought this up in the discord, so thought I'd see how interested @Members would be in a VHL GM League run on STHS, where you get to create the players on your team. Basically, the idea is:

• Teams get 2500 Attribute Points to spread among 11 players (6F/4D/1G) (no scale)
    • Player attributes are hard capped at 90, soft capped at 80.
      • 3 attributes may be above 80, and one of those above 85
  • Rest of roster is filled with bots, all bot attributes = 40
  • No trades/free agency or drafts. If this gets popular enough, then teams would be reset each season.
  • Would sim in batches of ~15 games per team, with a day or three between sims (would be a fairly relaxed format) for teams to make any line changes they want. Playoffs would be simmed one round at a time.
  • If you sign up, you'll need to download the STHS Client File, which can be found here

Looking for at least 20 people to get this going. If you're interested in this, post in here to let me know. If not, and you're annoyed by the Members tag...idk, sorry?

Signups close Friday Afternoon. I will be setting this up on the weekend, and first sim will be some time next week, after I get the index up and everyone submits lines.

would we be creating the teams/players and setting their tpa according to our desires. do you have a backend system to run this endeavor. sounds like a high on dentist drug job if you don't already have that system in place. 

Just now, rjfryman said:

would we be creating the teams/players and setting their tpa according to our desires. do you have a backend system to run this endeavor. sounds like a high on dentist drug job if you don't already have that system in place. 

Basically, I'll give each GM a google sheet template with instructions on what each attribute is, and what they can alter. From there, I can just save it as a CSV and upload to STHS to enter the players/assign teams.

Teams can spend the 2500 AP, at 1:1 cost, however they want, so long as they abide by the attribute caps. Anyone who exceeds the 2500 cap will have it removed from the highest attributes of their players (so if someone spends 2505, they'll have 5 removed from the highest attribute on their roster. If a team exceeds the individual attribute caps (more than 3 attributes over 80, more than 1 over 85, or any attribute over 90, they'll have those knocked down to comply with the limits).