Seattle Bears Press Conference

64. Malmo or DCD? If over, thoughts on the winner?

DCD i think is Definitely a better team, but Malmo was just a hot hot team.

65. Who was Seattle's best player this season?

Timothy Brown had an amazing season. I think he was for sure our best player.

66. What changes would you make to Seattle to make them more successful?

They just need everyone to keep working hard. They have some good players and they just need to get better.

67. What did you end up doing for Christmas?

Not much. Had a Christmas dinner and celebrated my birthday.

68. What did you do for New Years?

Not much. Didn't do anything.

69. What did you get for Christmas?

Got some money, little electronics, a webcam, some Candy. Not a whole lot.

Edited by MexicanCow123

:sea: Bana's S76 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

1. What was the biggest trade of the off-season?

2. What was the biggest surprise at the draft? draft

3. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding @Victor's player Rara Rasputin? 

4. What are your thoughts on those who won awards?

5. Did you expect Malmo to win the cup or was it a surprise?

6. What was the Bears best trade in the off-season?

7. Who are you gonna miss the most of our players who were traded? @Ricer13 @MexicanCow123 @leafsman @Nykonax  

8. What are your thoughts on the Bears draft? 

9. What are your thoughts on FA this season? 

10. How do you think the Bears are going to do next season?

11. Who would you pick to be the Bears captains?

12. What are your thoughts on Dil being fired for HFX?

13. What are your thoughts on @rory being hired for HFX?

14. What are your plans for next weekend?

15. What did you have for supper tonight?

16. Does your player have any superstitions? 

17. New guy @Hex Universe is nervous joining the Bears. He brought a stuffed animal to sleep with. What did he name it?

18. @Jayrad28 Forces the entire team to go out on a road trip. Where do you go? What do you do?

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

64. Malmo or DCD? If over, thoughts on the winner?
Over, Malmo won. As a Finnish VHL member this is sad news, but I guess they deserved their win. They had great players and managed to keep on rolling when it mattered the most!

65. Who was Seattle's best player this season?
I'll say T.Brown. He was our best goalscorer and he also had the most points. Key player offensively and really pushed our team forward.

66. What changes would you make to Seattle to make them more successful?
Throw sand on the ice. The key is to practice in those conditions and gain the advantage. If we win every single home game and even half of the away games - we should be in for a great season!

67. What did you end up doing for Christmas?
Not much, went back home for three or four days and just chilled for a bit. Then I came back to my little aparment. Was fun times.

68. What did you do for New Years?
I watched cat videos in Youtube and once again took it easy at home.

69. What did you get for Christmas?
I made sure nobody gives me anything, but I still got little bit of money. Bought jeans.

11 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

7. Who are you gonna miss the most of our players who were traded? @Ricer13 @MexicanCow123 @leafsman @Nykonax  

17. New guy @Hex Universe is nervous joining the Bears. He brought a stuffed animal to sleep with. What did he name it?

18. @Jayrad28 Forces the entire team to go out on a road trip. Where do you go? What do you do?

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

3. I really like Rasputin, I remember going over his build while doing WJC research. Glad to have him on the team!

5. I mean I *did* predict them to win the Cup, so I guess I knew all along lol

8. The first round especially was solid for Seattle, getting players like me and Phil The Rock Johsnon, as well as a future player in Phoenix Dawson, really shores up our offense core.

10. Anything can happen over the course of the season, but I do expect us to see post-season play at the very least.

11. Quite shocking tbh, I didn't know of anything regarding the situation beforehand. So seeing him being fired definitely caught me off guard.

12. Rory is an excellent choice imo, plenty of experience thanks to being AGM in Mexico City for the last good while.

12 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

3. Love the addition of the lover of the Russian Love Machine. He’s gonna be deadly for us and help lead us back to cup glory ❤️

5. Shocker, but I love a good underdog story.

7. Severly bummed I can’t play with Ricer, he was my GM in Miami and a great teammate.

10. I think middle of the road as we retool but we will definitely make the playoffs.

14. Get absolutely obliterated and forget who I am.

15. Homemade chicken Tacos, they were delicious 

17. I hope something bear related, otherwise that’s just stupid.

18. We’re all going to Washington to get hammerd and stoned and watch Biden’s inauguration 

1. What are your thoughts on Seattle adding @Victor's player Rara Rasputin? 

You can't really have negative thoughts about it... Victor is a stand-up guy and makes awesome players. Do I know anything about Rara? Nope, and I don't need to know anything else except it's Viccy's player. 

2. Did you expect Malmo to win the cup or was it a surprise?

It wasn't a total shock. Ever since being drafted to them in their second ever season, and making the Cup run to the finals, I knew they had it in them for a cup. I'm glad they could pull it off. Very happy for the lads.

3. What are your thoughts on the Bears draft?
Not to be too vain, but I thought the Bears did a great job with the draft. You can't argue that @Hex Universe and @Toast aren't awesome. Well, you can, but you'd be an idiot. And I think swiping me at 12th OA will proof to be a pretty solid pick. 3 forwards, with the Rock being the heavy hitter.. maybe someday we'll see a dominant line?

4. How do you think the Bears are going to do next season?

Cup run. It's gonna happen. I know we have a couple of guys on the brink of a breakout season, and hopefully with our new draftees we can provide some solid depth to the team to put together a great campaign. 

5. What are your plans for next weekend?
Staying home. Cleaning, purging my wife's stuff. Walking the puppy, binging something on TV, doing 2 long power workouts... you know, the usual for nowadays

6. Does your player have any superstitions? 
The Rock looks at and does a pre-game workout to bodybuilders motivational youtube videos. The Rock used to do his own videos but now that he's playing hockey professionally, he doesn't have the time so he enjoys looking at what others are doing... and then doing it better than them. 

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

19. Predict the Bears record at the end of the 72 game regular season.

20. Predict your players offensive stats at the end of the 72 game regular season (VHL or M)

21. Who will be the Bears biggest player this up and coming season?

22. Predict who you think will be the league MVP?

23. Which goalie will reign supreme and be goalie of the year?

24. What team will make the finals from the EU? Why?

25. What team will make the finals from the NA? Why?

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

20. Predict your players offensive stats at the end of the 72 game regular season (VHL or M)

19.I’m Predicting at least 35 wins, prob 40. Anything more is just gravy 

20. I’m hoping something like 15 Goals and 25-30 assists, but we’ll see how she’s goes.

21.The Russian love machine could be a real dark-horse for MVP.

22.Honestly no idea, but hopefully one of the Bears.

23. Rara Rasputin

24.Prauge, prob not actually but maybe Warsaw or someone

25. Hopefully us!

50-20-2

12-33-45

Greg ❤️ 

Likely going to be anyone on Seattle cause DA BEARZ

Let's go with Victor cause I'm bias

Helsinki, just a hunch

Us, because I'm confident. 

I don't know to be honest, there was quite few big ones. Seattle alone for example traded quite few solid players, but if I need to pick one, I will say the Tonn-Rasputin trade. Not that usual to see starting goalies getting swapped like that.

2. What was the biggest surprise at the draft? draft
Seattle having three first round picks! Top talent was taken with those picks, future is bright.

Interesting move for sure. Rasputin is younger than our previous starter Tonn, so he has a lot left in the tank and also still plenty to learn about playing as a starter in VHL. Elite level talent though, I'm sure he will shine in Seattle!

I did not follow the award part of the league that closely, I cant say if there was any controversy with some awards. What I do know is that few players had excellent years and deserved to have some awards for such performances!

Surprise. They were not a bad team, but when looking at the standings from regular season they were not a heavy favorite to win it all, so there is where the surprise element comes from for me at least.

When looking at it now, I'll say those moves to get first round pick(s) for the draft. As mentioned, the players Seattle picked in the first round all have potential to be franchise players for the Bears, huge pieces now and more so in the future.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHLM Index

26. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting @gregreg  (Leo Strauss) back?

27. What are your thoughts on the Bears start so far?

28. What can the Bears try to improve their play?

29. Anything surprise you so far this season?

30. @Victor Rara Rasputin has a strange pregame ritual that he does in Russian. What is it?

31. @Jayrad28's player has been asked to star in a hollywood blockbuster. What's the move about and what's his character?

32. @Motzaburger has returned. Where was he that he had to return from?

33. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON is doing some WWE on the side. Who is his next opponent, who wins and how?

34. @Hex Universe was last seen driving a purple volkswagon Beattle listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake it off". This isn't a question, we just wanted you to know he's a man of style and culture. 

26. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting Leo Strauss back?

In the time that Greg was around last season, he was awesome in the locker room. Happy to have him back and I hope he can play well for us.

We've been good, not great. Just have to figure out how we can get to the level we know we can play at.

28. What can the Bears try to improve in their play?

We either gotta score some more goals or limit goals against. The best teams always have a superlative offense or defense, which is what we hope to become.

Yeah, I'm actually closer to ppg than last season, except I let depreciation hit like an idiot. 😢

30. Rara Rasputin has a strange pregame ritual that he does in Russian. What is it?

He screams apple pie in Russian every five minutes and writes it on a paper in his locker until there is no more paper.

34. Hex was last seen driving a purple volkswagon Beattle listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake it off". This isn't a question, we just wanted you to know he's a man of style and culture. 

Hex is such a beast. Really a man amongst boys in not only the league, but the world.

1. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting @gregreg  (Leo Strauss) back?

@gregreg is a dream. So it's fucking cloud nine to have him back as a Bear. We discussed it in the discord and it was decided he was the OG Bear. @Banackock is the G Bear. 

2. What are your thoughts on the Bears start so far?

Up and down so far. We've had some great performances where clearly everything is clicking and some terrible ones where nothing has worked. Bana's working hard to get some lines switches made to find the sweet spot but overall I'm not too concerned. We just need to get more consistent. 

3. @Victor Rara Rasputin has a strange pregame ritual that he does in Russian. What is it?

I'll field this one @Victor. He goes to the closest bar, downs a couple of shots of Stolichnaya, and grabs strangers to perform the khorovod dance, while the barkeep plays Rasputin on full volume. It's an amazing site to behold.

4. @Motzaburger has returned. Where was he that he had to return from?

He went on a long trip to find the perfect mozzarella burger. He has yet to comment on whether he managed to find it... or perhaps he's just holding out his judgement knowing that he has not tasted every single mozzarella burger the world has to offer. 

5. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON is doing some WWE on the side. Who is his next opponent, who wins and how?

It doesn't matter who he's playing. He's going to come out victorious.. because that is what he does. Although he's really trying to give up the wrestling life now and focus on his acting career. Come on now, this ain't the 90s anymore! 

6. @Hex Universe was last seen driving a purple volkswagon Beattle listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake it off". This isn't a question, we just wanted you to know he's a man of style and culture. 

Drive past my street because I want to join in. We can drive to @Toast's place and see if we can get the trifecta of karaoke going. 

26. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting @gregreg  (Leo Strauss) back?

Dude is literally gonna only bring positive news for the Bears. Both on the ice and in the lockerroom

We got this. I know we will be able to string together a bunch of wins and go on a tear.

Call up Dawson and Great 

Sim is rigged against us we should be undefeated.

30. @Victor Rara Rasputin has a strange pregame ritual that he does in Russian. What is it?

Takes 3 different shots before taking the ice. 1 shot of vodak, 1 shot of mountain dew, and 1 shot of chocolate milk 

31. @Jayrad28's player has been asked to star in a hollywood blockbuster. What's the move about and what's his character?

The movie is a romcom about how he gets injuried and has to partake in dance lessons to try and get him back into peak physicals form. While taking the classes he falls in love with his instructor and their love blossoms.

32. @Motzaburger has returned. Where was he that he had to return from?

He was stuck fighting a group of bears in a forest and finally claimed title as the alpha of the group. 

33. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON is doing some WWE on the side. Who is his next opponent, who wins and how?

I am his next opponent. I shy away from no challenge and our fight shall be legendary. That being said he will probably win because I am old and frail. 

34. @Hex Universe was last seen driving a purple volkswagon Beattle listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake it off". This isn't a question, we just wanted you to know he's a man of style and culture. 

Fantastic song 10/10. Would vote for him as president

26. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting (Leo Strauss) back?

"Best move the Bears have ever made, Strauss will take the Bears back to the top of the league."

"If anything we are consistent finishing most days 1-1. It be nice to go on a bit of a run, go towards the top of the conference. I think we are starting to come together so we should see some better results soon."

"Just need to find a way to play our best ever single game. We seem to take a game off after a win and that leads to a .500 record."

"Well, getting traded so quickly into the season was a shocker. Didn't think I'd be move by Toronto and back to Seattle where I was traded from."

30. Rara Rasputin has a strange pregame ritual that he does in Russian. What is it?

"He prays to his god, the sun from the Teletubbies."

33. THE ROCK JOHNSON is doing some WWE on the side. Who is his next opponent, who wins and how?

"Himself in a 1 on 1 fight in which he loses to himself."

26. What are your thoughts on the team trading and getting @gregreg  (Leo Strauss) back? It's a welcome addition. Hopefully he can help us win some games.

27. What are your thoughts on the Bears start so far? We're not in a playoff spot, so pretty sad start so far I'd say.

28. What can the Bears try to improve their play? Scoring more goals than the other team is an effective strategy.

29. Anything surprise you so far this season? The lack of scoring on our team. Our top player has 33 points which isn't even close to top 10.

32.  Motzaburger has returned. Where was he that he had to return from? I think he forgot his passport in Canada, and got stuck in Mexico while he attempted to produce a form of ID.

33. THE ROCK JOHNSON is doing some WWE on the side. Who is his next opponent, who wins and how? He fights Evander Kane. The Rock distracts Kane by dropping a dollar, and then chokes him out and wins.

I think the Bears will have a solid season. Making the playoffs should be a reality and that is all I can ask for. In the playoffs anything is possible!

I would pick the older players, the ones who have been with the team for some time now, so they can teach the Bear ways to the younger players and future captains.

Interesting. I have not been following the juniors at all since I'm an old player, but perhaps the firing was seen as something that needs to happen. If that is the case, hopefully it helps HFX and the junior league.

13. What are your thoughts on @rory being hired for HFX?
I have nothing against such a move. I know Rory is an active user. Hopefully life in HFX goes well.

Going to take it easy at home. I'm going to also go out for a nice run at some point, there is a proper winter out there, so gotta enjoy the outdoors and snow a little bit.

Pasta and meat. All day, every day.

20. Predict your players offensive stats at the end of the 72 game regular season (VHL or M) I predict 95 points or so by the end of the season.

21. Who will be the Bears biggest player this up and coming season? I was our scoring leader last season, so I'll say Brown.

22. Predict who you think will be the league MVP? Mikko Lahtinen, he's a beast.

23. Which goalie will reign supreme and be goalie of the year? I'll say Ajay Krishna, he did well last year.

24. What team will make the finals from the EU? Why? Moscow, because they have the MVP.

25. What team will make the finals from the NA? Why? Calgary, because the NA is a mess and anything could happen at this point.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHLM Index

35. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON finally got on the board with a Goal + Assist + Point. They lost, but still took him out to celebrate. What did the team and him do?

36. What is something good that's happened to you in 2021 so far?

37. What is something you're looking forward to in 2021?

38. Valentine's Day is coming up.. Who is your VHL sweetheart? Why? Are you brave enough to tag them?

39. What are your thoughts on the Bears season so far?

40. How much does Randy Marsh @oilmandan pay for rent in the penalty box?

41. Timothy Brown @a_Ferk has the team highest shooting % with 11.84%. How do they practice?

42. @zepheter Odin Omdahl is leading the team for shots blocked. How did they make it through the bruising and pain?

43. @gregreg made some wild demands in the LR to make him happy... Rumour has it beer machine, hot tub... what else?

44. @Dtayl Visited a motivational hockey guru to dive deep within his hockey skills. They told him his future. Could be about anything... what was it?

45. What you have for supper tonight??

5. Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON finally got on the board with a Goal + Assist + Point. They lost, but still took him out to celebrate. What did the team and him do? 

We definitely went to the club to celebrate. This is a big deal if you couldn't tell.

I've uploaded more point tasks in the last two weeks than the previous two months.

Playing hockey, finally. As well as finding a fun internship through my university.

38. Valentine's Day is coming up.. Who is your VHL sweetheart? Why? Are you brave enough to tag them?

Okay, I'll admit it. It's Odin. @zepheter Love ya.

1-1 pretty much sums up our season so far.

40. How much does Randy Marsh pay for rent in the penalty box?

I was surprised when I found out he pays nothing. They said he's such a great customer so from now on it's free.

The Bears are a friendly team that has been blessed with the 1-1 curse, so I would guess something like 40 wins and rest are losses.

31 + 53, I reckon I will hit the 30 goal mark and get nice number of assists on top of it.

T.Brown, he is a player who can really score goals. You can't have too many of those, so I will say Brown will lead our glorious organization.

Lahtinen from Moscow was my pick for the predictions, I think. He is a quality player who plays in a team that has other quality players, so he has all the tools to have a great year.

I think I had Tonn and Rasputin in my predictions for the goalie stuff, but Driver in Helsinki leads the league right now with impressive numbers, easy to say now of course but I think he will still be up there when season ends.

Moscow. So many top players in that roster, I would be surprised if some other team manages to kick them out before finals.

1. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON finally got on the board with a Goal + Assist + Point. They lost, but still took him out to celebrate. What did the team and him do?

We went out for steaks and tequila. It was a wonderful night. But they only let me have 1 tequila. I need to score a multi-point game for them to give me any more. 

2. What is something you're looking forward to in 2021?

Aside from the obvious, hoping that we see the back-side of COVID-19, the Rock is hoping for the team to continue gelling and going DEEEEEEPPPP into the playoffs. He's excited and looking forward to putting in the work to play his part in that happening!

3. What are your thoughts on the Bears season so far?

We've been decent. I think we can improve and perform better. Overall we've been a little inconsistent and that's hurt our place in the standings, but if we play like we should be playing, I see ourselves as a legitimate contender. 

4. Timothy Brown @a_Ferk has the team highest shooting % with 11.84%. How do they practice?

He gets the Rock to go in net for practices. The Rocks massive frame doesn't allow for basically any space to score on, except the tiniest of holes, so Brown's been getting good at finding those tiny openings. 

5. @zepheter Odin Omdahl is leading the team for shots blocked. How did they make it through the bruising and pain?

We do what we call the Tsunamsi. Odin skates along the boards and the rest of the team are lined up about 3 feet away from the boards. As he passes every other checks him. The last player in the line is The Rock. Odin is used to taking punishment from humans, so a dinky puck by comparison is child's play. 

6. @gregreg made some wild demands in the LR to make him happy... Rumour has it beer machine, hot tub... what else?

Front row tickets to the leafs games, supreme power of the Bears Organization, the ability to conjure Jardy out of thin air. 

@InstantRockstarWe been through it all together and he has never wavered, He would go to the ends of the VHL earth for me and I would do the same.”

“It’s been okay... We have not played up to our potential so hopefully that comes in the playoffs if we can get there.”

40. How much does Randy Marsh @oilmandan pay for rent in the penalty box?

”They love him so much in there that it only costs him one gluten free beer a night.”

41. Timothy Brown @a_Ferk has the team highest shooting % with 11.84%. How do they practice?

”Like the greatest Leafs every William Nylander, he stays after practice to work on his shot so that when he shoot, he shoots to score.”

42. @zepheter Odin Omdahl is leading the team for shots blocked. How did they make it through the bruising and pain?

”18 tablets of pain medicine and 24 beers a night” 

43. @gregreg made some wild demands in the LR to make him happy... Rumour has it beer machine, hot tub... what else?

@Banackockjob, 14 pennies and 1 PS5”

35. @Phil THE ROCK JOHNSON finally got on the board with a Goal + Assist + Point. They lost, but still took him out to celebrate. What did the team and him do?
He made them smell what he was cooking... the team just watched in awe. 

I got @gregreg back on the team, so the universe is back to being aligned. 

Just continuing to have fun here, engage with my teammates, make new friends, and so on. 

@gregreg tagged me and it's only right I tag him back, mans the do or die here. 

I'm happy with it, performance is good, team is active and good, we're having lots of laughs, lots of love, lots of fight in us. 

40. How much does Randy Marsh @oilmandan pay for rent in the penalty box?

Nothing, we pay him to be there ;)

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHLM Index

46. What are your thoughts on the team adding Soren Jensen ( @Velevra )?

47. What did you get up to for Valentines Day?

48 What did you do on Valentines Day?

49. What were your thoughts on the VHL's trade deadline (Feb 15)?

50. What could the VHL do for theme week next week?

51. Malmo, London, Riga... which team make the playoffs? What teams miss?

52. Who is the most overrated player in the league? Will you tag them? ;) 

53. What season will LA make the playoffs?

54. What's something you want to see more of in the VHL?

55. What is something PRE-Covid that you can't wait to do again when safe etc?