VHLGFX S67 [LAST Submission | VOTING #3] Aug 19-31

Motzaburger

TLFd6Re.png

Welcome to the VHLGFX S67!

This is the third, of four, submission periods that will take place during S67.

You are only allowed one entry per submission period (every 2 weeks), per user.

The top 16 entries every 2 weeks (ranked by the people) will be awarded points.

After the last submission period, the top 16 participants will be seeded into the S67 VHLGFX Showdown to compete for the title of VHLGFX Champion.

If you are unfamiliar with the rules, please visit this link prior to submitting: https://vhlforum.com/topic/65131-vhlgfx-s67-rules-format/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Voting for the third submission period can be done here: https://uleth.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_egQRnregchFFjdH

Please DO NOT USE YOUR MOBILE DEVICE TO VOTE. It will be a pain in the ass. It won't work. You will vote poorly. Use you computer. 

Be honest, rate the graphics based on their quality, not based on the designing member. 

THE SURVEY WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY AT MIDNIGHT!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Submission #4 

*There is no theme*

*All submissions must be related to this site (i.e., VHL, VHLM, World Cup, drafts, etc)

PLEASE PM ME WITH THE IMAGE ADDRESS OF YOUR SUBMISSION FROM NOW ON

(cause you all are whiny immature bitches)

Good luck and have some fun making graphics!

Submission 3 Results (gfx in order below):

@jack 24
@STZ 20
@Bruins10 17
@gorlab 14
@Jubo07 12
@Motzaburger 11
@.sniffuM 10
@Green 9

LMhEP1c.png

ZxK2jrv.png&key=ea78b0a6bd46cb26938f940a

KvnCMMl.png

E1NfWy4.png

Bjorn-scoringsonn-davos.png&key=fcaa6838

IXbxCM4.png

R5E5BBg.png

dUyYlYk.png&key=9e7b9e2fc73bb4168e4929426de911cb21e8900bd368ccbc813b85250733604c

Overall Rankings:

User Points 
@Bruins10 61
@jack 48
@Motzaburger 44
@gorlab 40
@Green 36
@Jubo07 32
@.sniffuM 26
@STZ 20
@Bushito 17
@hewasajazzman 14
@Donno100 11
@DilIsPickle 11
@NumberJ5 10
@Benson 9
@monkeywrench15 8
@Zeno 7
@DollarAndADream 6
@chillzone 6
@DangerGolding 6
@VanCanWin 5
@PotatoKing 3
@InstantRockstar 2
@Bucky___lastard 1
@Pandar 0
@Banackock 0
@Strooper99 0
@GustavMattias 0
@Sonnet 0

ALSO, this question is for everyone, would you like to do GFX playoff bracket after the fourth submission? Or would it be better to crown the king of S67 based on the accumulated points?

Likely if we do playoffs there will be no S68 VHLGFX because there would be 16 members, and 4 weeks of playoffs (1-on-1 elimination bracket). I just want to know what everyone would prefer. We could make the VHLGFX a thing that happens once a season (with no playoff gfx competition) or once every 2 seasons with a nice break in between (would be nice for me and for those competing I'm sure). Please leave comments below!

What if we were to revive sig of the year, or do something similar--sort of a "sig of the season" VHLGFX competition, where, at the end of the season, anyone can submit what they consider the best sig of that season and a ranking vote can be done on that?

It would be independent from VHLGFX, so this isn't about the VHLGFX championship (and, to answer your question, it doesn't matter to me). It's just the first thing that popped into my head when I was trying to come up with ideas.

3 hours ago, Bruins10 said:

id def say that accumulated points is enough obvs but whatever it is, i dont mind. if you think playoffs is better, than lets do playoffs

in the end, were here to have fun. with playoffs it goes longer and its more enjoyable

We're here to win OR rage if we don't win. No middle ground.

VZyLL9i.png?1

Also, I had a brilliant idea for improving VHLGFX while chatting with DaaD tonight.

For any future VHLGFX Ranks/Tourny, I propose the following relatively simple change, which IMO will heavily boost activity and effort. 

I understand we can't award tpe for the winners of the tourny, because not everyone can compete when it comes to graphics. My proposal is as follows:

- Keep the same "week" format, just like we had this year, where competitors just submit a new sig every "week" period.

- On every voting submission add a 'username: ____________' field.

- Give 2 uncapped tpe to every member who votes for every week of the tournament, regardless of them competing in the tourny.

- Keep the 'no rewards' for the graphics tourny itself.

This will not only heavily increase VHL engagement, because all members would be willing to vote, even if they have no interest in graphics, to get the uncapped tpe.

It will also improve/motivate the graphics makers on the site, knowing that so many more eyes will be on the graphics, and the entire league (more or less) will be seeing their work / seeing the standings / acknowledging the graphics gods.

I will now tag people who I think can weigh in / give us the okay to conduct future gfx tournys in this manner:

@Will  @Victor @Quik @DollarAndADream @Beketov @tfong @Josh @Motzaburger

ty in advance for reading this and considering my idea

5 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Also, I had a brilliant idea for improving VHLGFX while chatting with DaaD tonight.

@gorlab hey! stop talking sense boy! If you wanna get banned you need to act like someone who gets banned!

Spoiler

ps. this is a great idea homie ❤️

I definitely love that idea. It'll also give a lot more votes and make this competition even bigger, guaranteeing a lot of votes from people. (Not to mention helping remind me to submit a graphic)

The whole "this competition can't be for TPE because not everyone can make good graphics" can go out the window. Obviously, the tournament itself will be no TPE, but everybody can get TPE from it by voting.

It's a great idea, and would add more discussion to the league as well.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, gorlab said:

For any future VHLGFX Ranks/Tourny, I propose the following relatively simple change, which IMO will heavily boost activity and effort. 

I understand we can't award tpe for the winners of the tourny, because not everyone can compete when it comes to graphics. My proposal is as follows:

- Keep the same "week" format, just like we had this year, where competitors just submit a new sig every "week" period.

- On every voting submission add a 'username: ____________' field.

- Give 2 uncapped tpe to every member who votes for every week of the tournament, regardless of them competing in the tourny.

- Keep the 'no rewards' for the graphics tourny itself.

This will not only heavily increase VHL engagement, because all members would be willing to vote, even if they have no interest in graphics, to get the uncapped tpe.

It will also improve/motivate the graphics makers on the site, knowing that so many more eyes will be on the graphics, and the entire league (more or less) will be seeing their work / seeing the standings / acknowledging the graphics gods.

I will now tag people who I think can weigh in / give us the okay to conduct future gfx tournys in this manner:

@Will  @Victor @Quik @DollarAndADream @Beketov @tfong @Josh @Motzaburger

Definitely worth exploring imo.