Running GM Application

Quik

As the point of the league hiring Expansion GMs without an open application came up, we listened and have decided that this is the best course of action going forward. It may not be exactly what everyone was hoping for, but we believe that this can provide a common middle ground where members who express a desire to GM in the VHL may put their hats in the ring, while the league can contact those members we feel are qualified without exposing a potential Expansion or other GM movement to the entire league.

With that said, if you would like to be considered for any potential GM openings in the future, please apply within this thread.

The only requirements to apply are that:

• you must have a player (current or past) who has graduated to the VHL; and
  • that you have not received any significant infractions (>12 hour discord mutes, PT bans, etc.) within the past 6 months. Any infractions received will result in removal from the list, and a need to re-apply once the "cool off" period of 6 months, from the time of the infraction, expires. Members removed from the list will not be re-added without re-applying.

Please note that this is not a first come, first serve type scenario, and simply applying does not mean you will be hired. While all who apply will be added to the OP of this thread, which will be referred to when new hires are needed, discussions will be held among the BOG and Commissioners, before making a final decision.

Ill throw my hat into the ring even though it has been a while.

1. I was previously a VHLM GM (Moscow Red Wolves)

2. I had a player (KJA) who played in VHL.
3. Ive never had any infractions against me

4. While I am getting used to the new interface, the concepts seemingly have remained mostly the same. Honestly my favorite part about VHL besides the community was being a GM. If people liked me in 2014, I am basically a more refined version of that (hopefully that is a good thing). 

Please add me to the list.

Former Calgary Wranglers S44 Champions GM, I have been Moscow's AGM for a few seasons and looking to get back in the game! Hopefully with Moscow depending on how long it takes old man Victor to croak. 

I'm very happy that this has opened up, really love the concept. 

Experience: 

Multi-year irl sim leaguer

Multi-time VHL and VHLM GM

Current tenured SDM GM 

Made the playoffs every season prior, since our expansion year (yes, even during our expansion year I made it) 

Always embraced what it takes to be a VHLM GM (hard working, dedicated, fun and reliable for the new recruits) 

I always reminisce about all the people I see in the VHL that I have had the honor of having on my team, so I'd love the opportunity to join the VHL GM ranks. 

We can always talk more if anything else is needed credential/clarification wise. 

Edited by InstantRockstar

I’d love to be considered as well. Been a VHLM GM for Halifax and currently am AGM for DC Dragons! Had to give up my Halifax GM role since my family had a setback however I would love to get back into the game.

Never been muted for longer than 2 minutes (meme mute?) and I’ve just retired Michael Johnson who was 1008 TPE.

Edited by fonziGG

Yeah im interested in returning when a chance opens up.

Now that I am home and managing my health, I have far more time for the VHL and I believe my activity lately has really shown this.  I'm happy to be feeling better and had I felt this way at the end of Malmo I never would have stepped down.  Therefore I would love to take over a team in the future when a spot opens.

As for my resume:

* 1000+ Wins as a GM

* 6 GMOTY Trophies

* 2 Continental Cups as a GM

* 1 Founders Cup as a GM

* Multiple time GM at the World Cup

I have managed multiple teams with solid consistency.  Regardless of no cups at Stockholm and Malmo, I believe I built a strong team both times with active and positive LR's.  Therefore I believe I can bring a consistency and legitimacy to any team I manage.

If anyone had any questions on anything including my health, please let me know but while I turned down a mod job due to fear of being burned out, I dont see the same risk as a General Manager.

Edited by Advantage

Honestly this is not something I ever thought I would want to do. At first i thought I wanted to just see my 1st players career through and have some success. 

Few seasons in I got asked to be a VHL AGM.  I was hesitant at first, but once I accepted the position I gave it my all. I am a pretty active member and I do love the Wranglers. Some unforeseen circumstances this season has required me to step up and perform GM tasks. Now i currently am the interim GM.  I never realized that I would enjoy it.

So throw my name on the list please. 

• 5 months later...