Seattle Bears Press Conference

3. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?
Understandable decision after I read his stepping down post, hopefully he gets the spark back! I sent Beaviss picture of myself, framed and signed of course.  I also included a short ''thank you'' letter. The letter said just that: ''Thank you''.

4. Which VHL GM will be the next to step down?
Who knows, could be anyone,  I don't want to even guess who it could be.

5. Which VHLM GM will be the next to step down?
Same as above, I have no idea. I guess it could be more likely that one of the VHLM GM´s step down next, I have the picture that there is more job openings for VHLM GM jobs, for whatever reason.

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here!
I think I voted for Lahtinen. Those 61 goals and 300+ hits are just too intense. Dynamic performance.

7. @Toast @aksuko @drewowo are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?
Welcome all! Only advice that I can give is just keep at it. First few seasons are the toughest, but before you even know it you are among the better players in VHL! Steady and slow earning wins the race.

8. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!
Answering late, Atreides was the first overall pick. Makes sense, high TPE player and a center. Perhaps the fact that Atreides is a center gave him the extra push over players like Reinhert, Idaho, Chara, etc

On 3/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's S77 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

1. What are your thoughts on the Chicago Phoenix winning the Continental Cup?

2. Thoughts on Mexico City Kings winning the Founders cup?

3. Thoughts on @Beaviss stepping down? What did you get him as a "thank you" gift?

4. Which VHL GM will be the next to step down?

5. Which VHLM GM will be the next to step down?

6. Who wins the slobo award? Here!

7. @Toast @aksuko @drewowo are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?

8. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!

9. Who do you think goes 2nd overall? Why?

10. Who do you think goes 3rd overall?

11. @Jayrad28 retired from VHL/Da Bears due to some fairly serious, private real life things. We love him. We support him. The team sent him well wishes. What was it???

12. @Velevra  We couldn't quite get Jensen the cup we wanted, but probably further than Davos! :P The Bears got him a retirement gift. What was it?? 

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

Reveal hidden contents

1. If we were to lose to anyone, even with how close it was, I'm glad it was the eventual Champions.

2. *Grumbles with increased salt levels than usual*

3. At least to me it came as a surprise, and I got him a grey wolf plush for obvious reasons lol

7. To you three, the VHL is a wild ride, even during your first season. So hang on tight and get ready to rock and roll!

8. As the AGM, definitely got to say one of the plethora of high end Houston players.

12. A snow globe, and just like for Beaviss's gift, for obvious reasons.

7. @Toast @aksuko @drewowo are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement? Get ready to be part of the best VHL organization.... ever

11. @Jayrad28 retired from VHL/Da Bears due to some fairly serious, private real life things. We love him. We support him. The team sent him well wishes. What was it??? A big bouquet of flowers with little bears all over

12. @Velevra We couldn't quite get Jensen the cup we wanted, but probably further than Davos! :P The Bears got him a retirement gift. What was it??  A puppy dog! maybe a rottie?

Asking my own questions

Which team will make the biggest splash in the offseason?

Can the Bears win a title with this core?

Why is Randy Marsh the greatest ever?

7. Rookies are all coming up to the VHL from the VHLM. Any words of advice or encouragement?
Don't screw it up! As one of these rookies making a debut I need to do whatever I can to make sure I'm doing my best for Seattle!

8. Who do you think goes first overall in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? Why? HERE!
Hatter went first which was to be expected. An active member that is already near 400TPE is absolutely insane. 

9. Who do you think goes 2nd overall? Why?
Ricer went 2nd overall which makes sense. While Calgary may be his primary focus it's still a solid player for second overall. 

10. Who do you think goes 3rd overall?
OD went third when there is an argument there that he should have been 1st overall. A member who has been so consistent in the league with building star players is hard to pass up!

11.  Jayrad retired from VHL/Da Bears due to some fairly serious, private real life things. We love him. We support him. The team sent him well wishes. What was it???
Life happens. It's unfortunate but it's good that he will be focusing on life rather than a game. The team gave him a golden hockey stick and a special jersey to remember his career.

12. Velv We couldn't quite get Jensen the cup we wanted, but probably further than Davos! :P The Bears got him a retirement gift. What was it?? 
Apparently a nomination into the Founders HOF! Velv is a quality member and deserves the recognition.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

13. Thoughts on adding @Grant's player in the draft?

14. Thoughts on adding @Kendrick player in the draft?

15. Which team had the biggest off-season?

16. Were you surprised by all the GM's stepping down? Who would you hire?

17. Thoughts on the Bears off-season?

18. What are your expectations for you this season?

19. How do you think the Bears will do this season?

20. Predict your players stats for the year - goals, assists, points and... hits!

21. @Toast is making the jump.. how many points does he get as a rookie?

22. @aksuko is also making the jump. He was signing autographs.. What was the oddest thing he signed?

23. @oilmandan was caught doing something naughty while out partying. What was he doing?

Remember, I post enough that there's diversity but also so that you can pick and choose throughout the season. There will always be enough that you can go back each week and answer etc.

Seattle way before the off-season when they traded for Leo Strauss and gave him a life contract!

No all these lazy assholes need to be fired so stepping down was the right thing for them. If you're not hiring me then you are wasting your teams time!

Well we did draft kendrick which not sure I would have done.. but whatever he can be a trade piece next season!

To kill it as the best 2nd line center in league history while fighting anyone who stands in my way.

Cup! EASY! DONE! DONE! DONE! 

20. Predict your players stats for the year - goals, assists, points and... hits!

Goals - 25 Assists - 55 Points - 80 Hits - 34

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

I'm just looking forward to playing in the VHL! My expectations is just to hopefully transition my great play from last season in the VHLM into the VHL.

With these rookies coming up into the league, we might be able have a run with the youth reinvigorating the lineup. 

Wellll I'm a two-way defenseman in my first year sooooo, I like being bold so I'm gonna say 10 goals and 45 assists for 55 points! And I know there's a lot of big boys up here, sooo 160 hits. 

I don't know too much about his player but I predict almost point for game with 70 points. 

22. @aksuko is also making the jump. He was signing autographs.. What was the oddest thing he signed?

Caught him autographing some girls personal planner for some reason? Like who get's a personal planner signed?

23. @oilmandan was caught doing something naughty while out partying. What was he doing?

OH heck if I want to know! Logan likes to stay relatively out of the drama for the most part. 

Probably London. Anybody that gets a player like Lahtinen wins any trade. Don't need to say much else.

It's pretty clear that Bana likes drafting his defensemen. Adding Kendrick in the second round is pretty darn valuable. 

Solid play at both ends of the ice. The last two seasons were good, not great. I feel like if I could step up even more, a solid top 4 would take us far into the playoffs with an even better goalie in Rasputin this season as well. 

I want us to build on what we did last season and maybe make a strong push for the playoffs at the deadline for your boy if we're still in the race.

With my new build I want to be optimistic. So I'll predict 20 goals, 77 points, and 100 hits.

21. Toast is making the jump.. how many points does he get as a rookie?

30-40 would be really good, but I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up more.

22. aksuko is also making the jump. He was signing autographs.. What was the oddest thing he signed?

Probably an armpit. You can never know with goalers. 

Edited by zepheter
adding more hits because I forgot I don't have any discipline this season

Solid pick, Kiak has a huge frame, but he is still more of an offensive defender, so potential is there to be top defender in VHL! That is good news for Bears.

Caldwell is similar type of player as Kiak, he has excellent offensive abilities. Caldwell is perhaps slightly closer to making an impact on VHL level, so wont be long before we see Caldwell playing for the Bears, I like the pick!

I'll say London as well, their roster improved a fair bit when comparing to last season, London should be among the best teams in VHL this season.

Little bit yea, so many of them! No idea who could be up there as potential replacements, hopefully they find the right people!

Overall, pretty quiet one, right? Not that many moves or trades. Younger players moving up and into bigger roles, that is nice to see.

Put puck into the net as often as possible and play hard every shift, focus on the basics and see what happens.

Edited by jRuutu

17 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

VHL Index

VHL Playoff Index

VHLM Index

VHLM Playoff Index

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

It's Monday, so some Quick Q's back to back to allow you all to have plenty to pick and choose from :) 

24. Superstitions are part of many players lives and game day rituals. Who has the weirdest on the team and what is it? TAG EM!

25. Opening day for the VHL. What did the Bears "giveaway" for their home opener to isolated fans in the stands?

26. For opening day, the Bears had a band play the opening anthem and a couple songs in between periods. Who was the band and what did they play?

27. What did you get up to this last weekend? 

28. What are your plans for this week?

29. @Shiny had a massive first sim for his team in the M. 6 PTS in 2 GP! During his interview, his teammates slammed something into his face to be funny and celebrate. What was it? What was their reaction?

30. @gregreg got mistaken for a celebrity while cruising around Seattle. Who did they confuse him for? What was his reaction?

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

It's Monday, so some Quick Q's back to back to allow you all to have plenty to pick and choose from :) 

24. Superstitions are part of many players lives and game day rituals. Who has the weirdest on the team and what is it? TAG EM!

25. Opening day for the VHL. What did the Bears "giveaway" for their home opener to isolated fans in the stands?

26. For opening day, the Bears had a band play the opening anthem and a couple songs in between periods. Who was the band and what did they play?

29. @Shiny had a massive first sim for his team in the M. 6 PTS in 2 GP! During his interview, his teammates slammed something into his face to be funny and celebrate. What was it? What was their reaction?

30. @gregreg got mistaken for a celebrity while cruising around Seattle. Who did they confuse him for? What was his reaction?

15. Moscow tbh, new GM, got two of the top 3 picks in the draft

16. Definitely, and I think all the jobs went to the right people

20. Hoping for .5 PPG

25. Magnet Schedules

26. Seattle band Alice in Chains singing Man in the Box

28. Getting internet on Friday so that's fun

1. Superstitions are part of many players lives and game day rituals. Who has the weirdest on the team and what is it? 

Marsh chugs a pack of brews right before the game. 

2. Opening day for the VHL. What did the Bears "giveaway" for their home opener to isolated fans in the stands?

Odin bobbleheads, as it's his last home opener of his career as a lifetime Bear. (pls this one 🙂)

3. For opening day, the Bears had a band play the opening anthem and a couple songs in between periods. Who was the band and what did they play?

I feel like it would be cool if AC/DC played the anthem. Honestly, there are too many to pick from so any would be fine.

4. What did you get up to this last weekend? 

Not too much, just practice and watched March Madness with some friends.

5. What are your plans for this week? 

Hopefully winning most of our games. That would be nice. 

6. Shiny had a massive first sim for his team in the M. 6 PTS in 2 GP! During his interview, his teammates slammed something into his face to be funny and celebrate. What was it? What was their reaction?

Classic shaving cream pie. It was a hit and run. No mercy.

13. Thoughts on adding @Grant's player in the draft? Solid move. Can't wait to meet him

14. Thoughts on adding @Kendrick player in the draft? Great addition. We're gonna be a dominant force with these new additions

15. Which team had the biggest off-season? Seattle of course

16. Were you surprised by all the GM's stepping down? Who would you hire? Rayz, IR and Flex would be my top 3. But VHL goes with the in crowd I guess

17. Thoughts on the Bears off-season? Best onne of all time in my opinion

18. What are your expectations for you this season? Another Championship

- Bobbleheads of Phil the Rock Johnson - except instead of the head, his pecs bobble! 

- They had the Devon Townsend Project come and play to inject some life into DA BEARZ, and it totally worked. The song is called Life. 

- It was beautiful weather so I went for a couple of long walks with my wife and dog. Didn't have to wear a jacket for the first time this season, so I was very happy. 

- Very busy at work, working on a potentially career turning project. You won't get to see much of me because of this. 

29. @Shiny had a massive first sim for his team in the M. 6 PTS in 2 GP! During his interview, his teammates slammed something into his face to be funny and celebrate. What was it? What was their reaction?

- It was the traditional Pie in the Face. A whipped cream pie that truly made a heck of a lot of a mess

30. @gregreg got mistaken for a celebrity while cruising around Seattle. Who did they confuse him for? What was his reaction?

- They mistook him for Henry Caville, you know, because greg's fucking superman!! 

22 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

Hide contents

24. I would say it's not possible that its me (sarcasm) because I only wash myself in mayo before every game and then wash it off in the shower

25. They gave away branded hand sanitizer and masks!

26. Bush, Machinehead and Glycerine. Eh @Phil?

27. I spent the weekend setting up my new BBQ and making sure the desk was ready for the warm weather

28. I plan on getting myself in better shape to run a foundation run

30. They confused him for Miley Cyrus and his reaction was pretty calm because it happens a lot

13. Thoughts on adding Grant's player in the draft?

Seems like a good pick for us! Happy to see more new faces.

14. Thoughts on adding Kendrick player in the draft?

Kendrick is a VHL legend so having someone like him around just adds to the locker room!

Seattle definitely for adding on to the future. Our dynasty is getting there!

Yeah, seems to be a lot of change going on. I would give @tinafrombobsburgers an opportunity!

I was worried we would lose some players but it seems that we're rolling on!

So far so good! Maybe 40 points? I just want to do what I can to help the team!

Tough to say, I think we will make the playoffs, but how many wins will we get? Hmm, I'll say we will go into a beast mode at the end and reach 50 wins!

25 goals, 60 assists and 300 hits! I can't seem to score that much now, but assist and hits are there, so I'm confident the prediction is a reachable.

Dawson already has 12 points in 15, so at least 60! I think that is a excellent rookie year in VHL nowadays.

I remember seeing someone bringing a volleyball that had some weird red face on it. Aksuko signed it and later said the ball had a name too, but I forgot what it was.

I heard Marsh took his pants off and used them as a hat. That caused bit of a stir, but luckily nobody got hurt.

A photo with all the Bears players and staff, signed of course. A cool way to show the fans that Bears community is sticking together.

15. Which team had the biggest off-season? Moscow I guess. They sold a lot of assets, looks like a rebuild.

16. Were you surprised by all the GM's stepping down? Who would you hire? Not really. Life happens. I would've hired IR

17. Thoughts on the Bears off-season? Kendrick's player was a nice pickup. Cool to see drew and Toast joining the team as well.

18. What are your expectations for you this season? I want to score 50 goals. With how we've been so far it's likely not going to happen, but a guy can dream.

19. How do you think the Bears will do this season? Hopefully better. We lost Jensen which kind of sucks.

20. Predict your players stats for the year - goals, assists, points and... hits! 50 goals, 69 assists 😏 Imma say 250 hits

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

EASTER

The Simpsons Easter GIF

31. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?

32. Do you have any plans this year for Easter?

33. When you think of Easter, what is one good memory that comes to mind for you?

34. The Easter bunny brought the Bears some "stuff"? What did it bring?

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a _____ that delivers them. What other things did he want ____ to do? Example, a Easter Grasshopper, that hops and flies through the morning dew grass, delivering chocolate to all the boys and girls. You know he's coming when you hear the hopper fiddling.

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all??

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?!

Well, I plan to celebrate a trade and a chance to quickly get back into competitive mood. I feel that Bears are going to get only stronger from now on!

There are these things called eggs that you eat. That is my plan.

33. When you think of Easter, what is one good memory that comes to mind for you?
When I was a small child and still was living with my granddad and grandma in an apartment building, I was told to go and look for Kinder Chocolate eggs with toys inside of them (Was about 6 I think) and I found a beautiful little decorated basket with 5 kinder chocolate eggs. My most favourite Easter memory. 

Wait, are we talking about the "stuff" or stuff? Because if we talk about "Stuff", I don't want to be prosecuted. 

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a Playboy bunny that delivers them. What other things did he want Playboy bunny to do?
I guess it is up to your imagination. But I would careful if you are going to look in his browser history. 

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all?? 
Well, this one is hard as the only way I would eat with Kendrick is if he would offer me a glass of brandy with it. Don't care what, I would eat Paprika flavoured dirt if it would be served with a decent brandy. 

EASTER

The Simpsons Easter GIF

- chilling with my homies. As in my wife and my puppy. My in-laws are down the street so I may invite them over too :)

- See previous answer. Staying safe, hopefully the weather's good enough to take my pup for a long long walk. I'm going to need to do a couple of workouts too. 

- For a complete story - see my VHL.com article. here:  

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all??

- how the fuck can you have a COVID safe dinner? Kendrick I love you bro but that's some misguided shit. If you're bbqing I'll come over. Please cook me some rare steaks!! ❤️ COVID be damned that would be worth it. 

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?

- they laid some eggs in our shower room - and by that I mean they took a shit in our showers... 

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?

- He just wits until they're busy with the live simming... and fire away! 

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?!

- We all go out for some fantastic Cabury Cream Egg McFlurries! ! 

31. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? Dewinterize my toy hauler. Probably play some far cry as well

32. Do you have any plans this year for Easter? Wife is making a ham dinner. 

33. When you think of Easter, what is one good memory that comes to mind for you? Family dinners when my dad was still alive

34. The Easter bunny brought the Bears some "stuff"? What did it bring? Marshall Frostbeard @FrostBeard Lucky Bears

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a _____ that delivers them. What other things did he want ____ to do? Example, a Easter Grasshopper, that hops and flies through the morning dew grass, delivering chocolate to all the boys and girls. You know he's coming when you hear the hopper fiddling. Easter Cat. It buries your eggs in sand and dirt then covers it up. Probably pukes up a hairball on your bed too

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all?? Ham. Cause Ham is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than turkey. Otherwise I'm not coming

32. Do you have any plans this year for Easter?

Sadly Lockdown in Ontario went into effect again Saturday so I will be spending another holiday alone in my apartment... Just when you thought we might be close to getting through this eh.. 

One easter my dad pretended to have the easter bunny hop on him. We heard a loud bang and came down the stairs to see him on the ground with chalk foot prints on his back with candy around him. It was pretty funny and we talk about it every year. 

Cocaine because we needed a pick me up for how bad we have been this season.. 

KD because I doubt kendrick knows how to cook anything but hey KD is pretty good. 

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?

He stole our hearts. It was heartbreaking... 

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?

We all dress up in Legion uniforms and just go to town throwing eggs. They'll believe we are the Legion because they're that stupid to do it. 

On 3/31/2021 at 12:28 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

EASTER

The Simpsons Easter GIF

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a _____ that delivers them. What other things did he want ____ to do? Example, a Easter Grasshopper, that hops and flies through the morning dew grass, delivering chocolate to all the boys and girls. You know he's coming when you hear the hopper fiddling.

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all??

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?!

34. It brought us some new equipment obviously...and strippers.

35. Blowup Doll. He wanted to go to a record store that only sells AFI records because he is very emotional lately.

36. Contrary to what @gregregwill have you believe, I am quite the BBQ chef. So @Phil can indeed come over as I have some mean steaks going on the grill.

37. He plastic wrapped all our brand new equipment after we just removed all the packaging.

38. We will distract the commissioner by doing something on the ice that causes the discipline committee to watch tape and page the commissioner.

39. We make @drewowodress up as a little chick and run around singing "Little bunny foo foo" in downtown Seattle.