Calgary GM Opening

Beketov

• Commissioner

As you may have seen Here the league has another GM position opening up for next season. With this being so close to the Malmo application we will be again considering all applicants who applied for Malmo for the Calgary job instead. If you applied for the Malmo job and would rather not apply for the Calgary position you can let us know below. Likewise if you did not apply for the Malmo opening, for whatever reason, but would like to to be considered for Calgary please let us know by replying in this thread. If you applied for Malmo and want to be re-considered you don’t need to do anything, we have your application already.

*Please do not reach out to the commish team outside of this thread directly, we will approach you.*

**Please do not post to campaign for any of the applicants. We are aware of who members are and their general qualifications.**

Thank you,

@Commissioner

i apply, here's my 5 season plan:

1. trade all assets

2. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

3. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary
4. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

5. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

12 minutes ago, rory said:

1. trade all assets

2. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

3. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary
4. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

5. beg to relocate to edmonton because all my players are leaving due to being in calgary

i like this

Just now, rory said:

1. trade all assets

I can see it now. 

First first overall pick demands a trade from Rory. 
Second first overall pick doesn't sim well for Rory. 
Third first overall pick goes inactive on Rory. 
Forth first overall pick is finally a good one, but Rory is fired before he can reap the rewards. 

I like this plan. 

Thanks to @Dil and @fonziGG who both have encouraged me to give this opportunity some consideration.

The wranglers has always been my spiritual home in the VHL, to say my sim career would not have been the same without the Wranglers is a fact. When I was going trough rough patches it was often my GM and my teammates that always had my back. To be clear hear it is not that my teams that came after Calgary lacked anything, to be quite honest I have been lucky to be brought onto some of the best teams in VHL (Shout out to @diamond_ace and @Beaviss) It's just that as my first team the Wranglers will  always hold a special part of my heart, for a time I dug my heals in and did everything I could to prove I could be a VHL GM and clung to the belief that Calgary was mine to inherit one day. I won't pretend that I don't have a complex history with the VHL or that my passion has not burned to hot in the past. That being said,  Calgary has always been home of those who are passionate, and go after what they want with determined hearts. The logos both past and present speak of a bold team that charges ahead, The Wranglers embody a fire that in it's long league tenure has never died. Whether it is an immediate spark that leads to explosive immediate success or a slow burn that bides it's time until it is opportune to strike, Calgary has always harnessed that flame of it's GM and turned that in to team success. In the spirit of team a team that has help a place in my heart since I reached out to not even two weeks into having joined the VHL to cement my spot on their roster, I'm going to go out on a limb and throw my hat into the ring for this GM position (and only this GM position). 

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

BladeMaiden

@Beketov @Quik 

Thank you for your time and consideration