DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

D.C DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE

For the week ending September 12th!

1. Sadly we have fallen short this year, we lost to Seattle Bears in NA Conference semi-finals. What is your highlight of this season?

2. It is off-season time! What is your personal goal for this off-season?

3. Cold, dark evenings are coming soon, what is your comfort food for those evenings?

4. Coolest live event that you have ever been to? 

5. What is one sport that you can't understand at all?

6. Lastly, who is winning VHL this year? (https://vhlportal.com/vhl/79/Playoffs/Standing.php)

15 hours ago, osens said:

1. Sadly we have fallen short this year, we lost to Seattle Bears in NA Conference semi-finals. What is your highlight of this season?

3. Cold, dark evenings are coming soon, what is your comfort food for those evenings?

6. Lastly, who is winning VHL this year? (https://vhlportal.com/vhl/79/Playoffs/Standing.php)

1. Uh. I guess my debut. Was fun, awesome experience. 

2. Well, I've been partaking in the VHLE tournament, so I've been enjoying being part of that squad and growing there.

3. Hot chocolate. Nothing beats it.

4. A Habs vs St. Louis game where the Habs got stomped.

5. Frisbee Golf.

6. Seattle, best of luck to them.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:18 PM, osens said:

1. Highlight of the season is proving doubters wrong and actually making the playoffs, and not only that but to make it out of our first match-up.

2. Personal goal is to drink as much as humanly possible without losing my liver.

3. Comfort food during the winter time is slushies. I'm always a sucker for a slushie.

4. Coolest live event would probably have to go to seeing Muse live for my first ever concert.

5. Underwater hockey. Ya'll just trying to make something hard even harder just for the sake of making things hard.

6. MALMO MALMO MALMO MALMO MALMO

For the week ending September 19th!

1. Malmo are the new champions! How do you congratulate them?

2. WJC rosters are starting to get announced. What team will you be cheering for?

3. VHLE is coming this season! What VHLE team would you like to be a part of if you had a chance?  (Teams 

4. Most used mobile app every day?

5.  What do you prefer Playstation, Xbox or PC?

6. What TV show ended too early?

2 hours ago, osens said:

2. WJC rosters are starting to get announced. What team will you be cheering for?

3. VHLE is coming this season! What VHLE team would you like to be a part of if you had a chance?  (Teams 

1. Ehhhh… congrats I guess. Shoulda been us.

2. Well, seeing as I’m on team Europe, LETS GO EURO LETS GO!!!

3. I played for Bratislava in the Draft Tournament. I would very much like to spend a season there if I could this upcoming season.

4. Reddit. Browse r/hockey a lot. Like… A LOT.

5. PC, if I can’t build it myself then I don’t want it.

6. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Best Cartoon Network show ever.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, osens said:

1. I congratulate them by flying to Sweden and getting horrifically drunk and eating some Surströmming. Only true way to celebrate them being the champs!

2. Team Europe baby, gotta rep my player's team! Though I don't usually pay too much attention to the other competitions to be honest.

3. I don't have any ties to any of the teams, so I'll support my old rival in Stockholm since he's the GM there, @thadthrasherand if I could choose a team it'd be there ;)

4. Probably either Sync (for reddit) or Discord. Usually fluttering between the two of those all day.

5. PC all day, I used to be a big Xbox kid when I was in elementary, switched to playstation when I was in the start of highschool, and then I became enlightened and went to PC.

6. I don't watch a lot of television unfortunately, but the one that comes to mind is Courage the Cowardly Dog. Not sure how many episodes it had but that was a big part of my childhood was watching that on Saturdays.

Good job Malmo, yall were the strongest team in the league this year!

I will be cheering for my team - TEAM WORLD! LETS GO!

Right now, I will be cheering for Cologne, because I was part of this team, but everything can change.

Probably reddit or instagram, use it very often.

I am more of a PC guy, but I was a xbox dude too.

Santa Clarita Diet, they ended it on such a cliffhanger and they didn't finish it. :(

On 9/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, osens said:

1. I sent them a congrats text and pizza!

2. Well I'm on team Canada so..... can I cheer for myself?

3. The redwolves, sadly that didn't happen DX (I was with the watchmen)

4. Discord.

5. Xbox all the way!!!!! Although come on man you forgot Nintendo!!

6. CSI New York, god they had such a good cast.

For the week ending September 26th!

1. We have started this season with 2-0, how can we stay on this path?

2. D.C has made a lot of changes this off-season. What do you think was the biggest one?

3. Groovy Dood and Jiggly Gumballs are going into their last season. What do you think they will do in their retirement days?

4.  Weirdest thing that you are scared of?

5. What is the one thing that you would like to do more, but can't?

6. If you had to choose one food that you would have to eat for a month every single day for every meal, what would it be?

On 9/23/2021 at 7:56 PM, osens said:

For the week ending September 26th!

2. D.C has made a lot of changes this off-season. What do you think was the biggest one?

3. Groovy Dood and Jiggly Gumballs are going into their last season. What do you think they will do in their retirement days?

6. If you had to choose one food that you would have to eat for a month every single day for every meal, what would it be?

1. I mean, staying loss-less is very, very, very hard to continue on that path, but I think the NA conference is a lot weaker than it was last year so we have a good chance to hopefully stay in the top 3 this year.

2. Adding @Renomitsu 😍😍😍😍😍 Not too often you get an absolute stud out of nowhere in Free Agency. Easily makes us more of a contender by adding Aloe Dear.

3. @bigAL will probably take a trip to Europe and get ridiculously hammered@JigglyGumballs will probably pursue his longtime goal of being a full-time weeb.

4. Choirs. I ain't about that "oh they sound so angelic", it sounds wayyyy too creepy for me to hear choirs sing.

5. Eat. I could probably hammer back an entire pizza, plate of sushi, and some chicken wings in a single sitting if I really wanted to, but I rather not turn into the blueberry kid from Willy Wonka.

6. Probably Sushi due to the variety of different types. Gimme that eel one day and then the next some california rolls and then the next some tuna. Mmmmmmm.

We've fallen off the wagon a bit with these last two sims, but I think we just need a little time to build chemistry with our new defenseman.

I don't know the team very well, so it's hard for me to say. Converting Brian Strong Jr. from a center to a winger was a great move; I think he'll do well there.

We owe it to them to give them a good send-off -- but I suspect Groovy Dood will produce some funk, reggae, or blues music for a living, and Jiggly... well, you know.

I'm afraid of @GeckoeyGecko about 20% of the time. Does that count?

Read. I've only read maybe a half-dozen books in the last year or so, but I just don't have enough free time to sit down and read like I used to.

Kale, maybe? Or salmon? I think I'd enjoy eating salmon but I'd probably get tired of the smell of any food after a couple of weeks.

For the week ending October 3rd!

1. Our team is very experienced, with most of our forwards retiring this or in the season after this one. Do you think it's a positive for our chances at Continental Cup?

2. Dood and Dear are combining 39 points in 10 games. Can they keep up this great hockey?

3. Which 3 D.C players will have the most points when the season ends?  (https://vhlportal.com/teams/34)

4. What is a thing you know but you wish you didn't know?

5. Do you enjoy busy city or calm country side?

6. What is something that you can't stand that other people do?

On 9/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, osens said:

1. Our team is very experienced, with most of our forwards retiring this or in the season after this one. Do you think it's a positive for our chances at Continental Cup?

2. Dood and Dear are combining 39 points in 10 games. Can they keep up this great hockey?

3. Which 3 D.C players will have the most points when the season ends?  (https://vhlportal.com/teams/34)

1. Experience is always a positive thing, so I'd say yes.

2. I think they'll slow down a little but not by much.

3. Well Dood and Dear I think it goes without saying, how about Green for number 3?

4. Hmmm I'm sure there's something in the back of my head I wish I never learned about but I can't think of what.

5. Calm countryside, or to throw in my own, a small town.

6. People that feel the need to meme 24/7.

I don't think there's a direct, unerring correlation. Build still matters as much as total TPA does. It does mean our window is short, for what it's worth, and all we can do is make the best of it.

I think it'll ebb and flow. We'll keep a pretty good rate but it may dip below that for a while. It's not realistic to expect a 4 ppg pace even from two players, even with the knowledge that scoring is up this season for whatever reason.

3. Which 3 D.C players will have the most points when the season ends?

Probably our first line, but that's usually the way it is, eh?

Uhh, there are a lot of facts there but I think @Jeffie43 knows one fact that I know that I wish I'd never seen or thought about.

Busy city. I get a bit restless when there's nothing going on, and I hate feeling unproductive (whether that's in a recreational or work capacity).

Oooh, I don't want to get political on this one so it's going to be left unanswered. Sorry, press person.

Yeah, because stamina isn't a factor

They better

Dood Dear and someone else

How Hot dogs are made

I live in a place called Possum Kingdom so....

have rude attitudes about everything.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, osens said:

1. The extra experience always helps, but with them regressing it really is a make it or break it season for DC. We have a really good chance for a deep run, but one misstep and it could be devastating for the future of the Franchise.

2. We're a top heavy group, so I fully believe our top guys are going to completely and utterly perform out of their minds until season end.

3. I'd have to go with Groovy Dood, Aloe Dear, and it'll be a toss-up between Kristof Welch or Jiggly Gumballs for 3rd place as we're both having really good seasons as defensemen.

4. A friend talked about getting Lasik surgery, and that you had to be awake for the entire procedure including when they basically temporary blinded him. Big nope from me.

5. Somewhere in between, as being in a busy city is pretty anxiety inducing but at the same time being born and raised in a country side town can be utterly boring, but I'd lean towards city.

6. People that take public transit, and when it's really busy and they put their bags or belongings on the seat beside them. Every fiber of my being wants me to slap their groceries all over the metro floor.

Just stopping by to answer some PC questions. Don't mind me!

I think the window is getting smaller obviously, but the quality of the senior players might see DC contend for a title this season.

I don't see why not. Two outstanding players who have great skillsets, and they could be both in contention for awards this season.

I am biased, but Dood, Dear and Welch will be the Dragons frontrunners as far as offensive output.

Trick question because it's pretty obvious that I know nothing.

Countryside all day, every day. People annoy the shit out of me.

Most thing to be honest. I'm not a people person.

I think we have a chance at the cup. Hopefully we don't have to experience the wild card round this year in such a tough NA Conference.

Yes, those two have been leading the way all season for us and will continue in my opinion all 72 games. 

Dood, Dear and Welch will continue on leading the way

Peoples thoughts on any of the worlds issues. 

I like something in-between

Discuss politics, health or other similar areas unsolicited. 

For the week ending October 10th!

1. We have fallen from 2nd place in NA Conference to the 4th. How do we turn around this dragon in the right direction?

2. Vancouver Wolves has got only 3 losses in 28 games. What can we learn from a team like Wolves?

3.  Welch just got 8 assists in 2 games. Which NHL player would you compare him to?

4. How was your day?

5. If you had a choice, that you could visit any place in space, where would you go?

6. What is the thing that will always make you smile?

1. We have fallen from 2nd place in NA Conference to the 4th. How do we turn around this dragon in the right direction?

Not sure. We had some good results today overall, and I think we really just need Groovy Dood to be his good old self. It'll be important I carry my weight to ensure that happens.

2. Vancouver Wolves has got only 3 losses in 28 games. What can we learn from a team like Wolves?

99 scr/40 pas is too strong! Just kidding, I know that's a meme from the SHL and why they switched sim engines, but we'll see how they do in the playoffs too.

3.  Welch just got 8 assists in 2 games. Which NHL player would you compare him to?

Uh... I don't watch the NHL. Is that blasphemous? I don't really follow real-life hockey at all, I just earn TPE.

4. How was your day?

It's been okay. I'm exhausted from work, and I'm in the middle of a 12-consecutive-day stretch.

5. If you had a choice, that you could visit any place in space, where would you go?

In space? Look, I've got bad enough motion sickness in a car or on a roller coaster. I don't think I could visit any place in space without vomiting my guts out.

Adorable lil' babies! I don't plan on having kids of my own any time soon, but part of my job right now is taking care of newborn babies, so I can't complain.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:45 PM, osens said:

For the week ending October 10th!

4. How was your day?

1. It'll be really hard to right the ship now as the contenders have made themselves known with Vancouver (how tf), Chicago, and Calgary with New York also close behind. I think we'd need to add one more solid piece offensively or maybe a goalie upgrade is the only things we can do to keep it up at this point.

2. Apparently tank extremely hard and then draft several times in the top 3 lmao

3. Probably Dion Phaneuf as I'm secretly a pylon, just give me awhile to show it.

4. It was good, celebrated thanksgiving for the first time in 4 years so it was lovely to get that feeling again of celebrating it.

5. I'd chuck myself in the sun in heartbeat if i could explore space.

6. You oskars ;)

For the week ending October 17th!

1. Groovy Dood is just 9 assists away from reaching Valentino D.C Dragons assist record. Which player will score the goal, that will put Dood in front of Valentino in assists?

2. What is the team, that you look in the schedule and think that - this match is going to be fun?

3. Dood is retiring after this season, what are you offering to him, so he would stay?

4. Do you prefer listening to podcasts or music? 

5. What is your favorite genre of music or what podcast would you recommend to others? (continuing from 4th question)

6. What languages do you know?

16 hours ago, osens said:

1. Groovy Dood is just 9 assists away from reaching Valentino D.C Dragons assist record. Which player will score the goal, that will put Dood in front of Valentino in assists?

2. What is the team, that you look in the schedule and think that - this match is going to be fun?

3. Dood is retiring after this season, what are you offering to him, so he would stay?

5. What is your favorite genre of music or what podcast would you recommend to others? (continuing from 4th question)

1. How about a former teammate of mine? I think Welch will score it.

2. I mean Toronto because we are the worse teams currently (I'm in Helsinki) every match is the toilet bowl of the VHL!!

3. Well I'm not in DC but pizza? because pizza is awesome.

4. Music.

5. I love me some hard rock and rap, but there's a lot of video game music to that can be a great listen.

6. Well English obviously, and a tad bit of Canadian french.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, osens said:

1. Hopefully Aloe Dear, as it would be really great to see two eventually retiring players connecting for an infamous goal. Or maybe with Kristof Welch 👀

2. Either New York or London, as it seems we have quite the goal-fest when we face them 😛

3. The heart of a grizzly bear to keep him youthful and to give him strength for one more season

4. Probably music generally, but sometimes I'll get in the podcast mood and just crush a ton of episodes in a row.

5. I'm a big fan of My Brother My Brother and Me, literally has me cracking up on the bus to work in pre-covid days where I'd just get stared at while trying to stifle my laughter. Easily 10/10 my favourite podcast and what I'd recommend.

6. English...and only English :( I'm a bad Canadian and I don't know French, and I tried learning Hungarian but hahahahahahahahahaha god it's awful to try to learn.

I don't know. It'd feel weird for Dear to score that goal, provided she's a bit more of a one-year rental than someone Dood has been playing with for a long time. I'd love for Strong or Welch to get that privilege.

Warsaw. Any time it's a high-powered offense vs. another high-powered offense, especially one that was my former team, I'm always going to find the game a bit more interesting.

The VHL gods take no exceptions. Dood knows it's time for him to go and he's been a monumental figure in the league - I think he's accepted his fate, and to deny him where he believes he's going would be irreverent at best.

Music, personally. But IRL I've been a more music-oriented person from childhood, be it playing or listening. I do still have a healthy number of podcasts I enjoy listening to though!

Right now I'm on big-band style pop (e.g. Lake Street Dive, Melt, Couch the Band, etc.), so anything by them really! 

English, sign language, some functional (but not fluent) Spanish, and a little Swedish from DuoLingo. I'm unfortunately not multilingual in any meaningful way!