VSN Presents: The Season 75 VHL Awards Show

Doomsday

All of the trophies are awarded, but we still have more honors to hand out tonight! We've got the All-VHL Teams coming up next, starting with the All-Rookie Team!

barack obama applause GIF by Obama

bxTJIHXPsHAlqmunNKQo5CwyRgKU3qCBUXrklbiN

Gary Rush - Rhynex Entertainment - Leo Strauss

L - Muffbeav

Calvin Harvey

New York's duo of Rhynex Entertainment @Rhynex Entertainment and Gary Rush @G_Rush headline the forward core of this list, combining for 174 points in their rookie seasons! Leo Strauss @gregreg of the Toronto Legion quietly had a strong rookie year, scoring 25 goals and had just under a point-per-game average with 71 points. Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy winner L is joined by Muffbeav @.sniffuM on the blue line, two very strong and dependable defensemen as rookies. Calvin Harvey @Mrpenguin30 had a remarkable year, compiling a .920 save percentage with the Riga Reign, and rounds out our All-Rookie Team!

TqKiyej-RRrHj4IgC5NY0LISaycaxIymYy1yM-Wc

Chris Hylands - Ola Vikingstad - Guy Lesieur 

Ziarie Anigbogu - Erik Killinger

Jacques Lafontaine

Daisuke Kanou Trophy winner Chris Hylands' @Hylands 100 point season also made him a regular season hero, earning Second Team honors. Kevin Brooks Trophy winner Guy Lesieur @KC15 and Ola Vikingstad @Dil round out the forwards of the Second Team. The breakout season of Ziarie Anigbogu @ngine4 has earned him Second Team honors, and deservedly so. Erik Killinger @Peace played a big role in the London United's step forward in Season 75, joining Anigbogu on the blue line. Once again, Calgary Wranglers netminder Jacques Lafontaine @SlapshotDragon earns Second Team honors after yet another strong season!

The All-VHL Second Team, folks!

8 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

OIsRZgk-IzOXA7wTgdV70dw-IZysv6cUek4Qekca

Here we go folks, it's time for the big one: the Scotty Campbell Trophy, awarded to the most valuable player in the VHL! Seven finalists are vying for the biggest individual prize in the VHL this season, and they're names you've all heard tonight! Dagmar Havlova @diamond_ace , Chris Hylands @Hylands, Jacques Lafontaine @SlapshotDragon, Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov, John Merrick @Steve, Andrew Su @Da_Berr, and Stone Wolski @DollarAndADream all put forth exemplary cases to win the VHL's most prestigious honor, but to our voters, there was just one choice. 

The wait is over, let's crown our MVP! The winner of the Scotty Campbell Trophy is...

Hide contents

trophy_hartlg.jpg

MIKKO LAHTINEN!!

A back-to-back VHL MVP, Lahtinen finished just a point shy of breaking 100, but made up for it with an insane 374 hits to go with his 99 points. The catalyst of the Moscow war machine, he finished with 21 more points than Roque Davis, who was second on the team with 78 points. He also had more than double the hits of Oskar Lagesson, the next closest Moscow player with 180. Simply put, if the Menace needed something done, they turned to the reigning MVP to get it done, and for the second straight season, Mikko Lahtinen is your Scotty Campbell Trophy as VHL MVP!

Congratulations on becoming the first back-to-back MVP since Gabriel McAllister in Seasons 60 and 61, Mikko!

Voting:

Mikko Lahtinen: 5, Jacques Lafontaine: 2, Chris Hylands: 1, Dagmar Havlova: 0

sure, have 7 people in the post, but only say that i got 0 votes, not the other 3 that also got 0 votes :P

z0cnuyJJRjXjXPkG2bwuINHShaMqoJJ_baTr31wPXT5OkvIzgEb-pBGetlTrME4g615BHR1iTCP6hkENqqxTB0qttUHuVGLBaN-g5zeARVjSO_kOO73tHu_BqXPJrFDjsmlqoczu

John Merrick - Mikko Lahtinen - Andrew Su 

Condor Adrienne - Jeff Downey

Stone Wolski

Making the leap from the All-Rookie Team to the All-VHL First Team is John Merrick @Steve, who only led the VHL in points with 107 to accomplish that feat. He's joined by Andrew Su @Da_Berr, who scored 106 points and was the offensive leader of the Vancouver Wolves. Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov earns First Team honors for the second straight season, as dropping nearly 100 points and repeating as Scott Boulet and Scotty Campbell Trophy winner will certainly do that for you. Condor Adrienne @OrbitingDeath and Jeff Downey @JeffD, two phenomenal blue liners, earn their last VHL honors by being named to the All-VHL First Team together as they head into retirement. Lastly, Stone Wolski @DollarAndADream adds yet another honor to his big night by making the All-VHL First Team!

The best of the best, everyone! The All-VHL First Team of Season 75!!

The awards presentation is nearly over, but I just wanted to drop in and say thank you to those of you who nominated me for the Frederik Elmebeck Trophy! I'm so honored to have been the designated winner of such a prestigious award, and I deeply appreciate the grace this community has given me as I approached it with a new and scary topic. I hope to see the league continue to grow in this direction of inclusivity in the coming seasons!! Thank you again!

I'd also be crazy to overlook the huge impact that my fellow nominees have had on the community in the past season. Congratulations to all of you, I know that you'll continue to leaving marks on the league!

Edited by fishy

That just about does it, folks! With the conclusion of this awards show, the 75th season of the Victory Hockey League will unofficially come to an end, as all eyes will shift towards the Season 76 VHL Entry Draft. It doesn't seem to matter how many times it's said, it still boggles my mind to think that we've now completed 75 seasons! It says a lot about the faithful dedication and commitment that this community has, and it's truly special. Don't want to delve too deeply into that, however, as a very special article commissioned by a @WentzKneeFan036 is on the horizon and will give this subject a very in-depth look! Stay tuned for that one!

As for Season 75, it was pretty exciting! Parity was at it's best yet again, with playoff seeding being decided on the very last day yet again, and three of the four new expansion teams reaching the playoffs for the first time. The Cinderella run of the Chicago Phoenix captured the hearts of the league, and Condor Adrienne going out on top as a Continental Cup champion was the storybook ending a special season like this deserved. The rise of Stone Wolski was another big story, evidenced by his banner night here at the Season 75 Awards Show. We also saw a lot of growth in our community this season, with first-gen members stepping up and making a real difference in the league. The league rallying with support for Frederik Elmebeck Trophy winner fishy was personally a strong point, a memorable moment that we all can be proud of! It shows how far we've all come, and that's to be celebrated. 

Big thank you to the peanut gallery tonight, it felt great knowing some quality folks like @BOOM, @bigAL, @Hex Universe, @Blazzer , @solas, and others were tuned in! It's an amazing how rewarding having an audience can be, thank you so much!!

Wrapping up, best of luck to all the retiring players! We're losing some big names, and gaining some studly prospects. It's going to be a very different VHL next season without the Class of Season 68, but as it has for 75 seasons, the VHL will roll on. Another intriguing season is on it's way, so let's not delay it any longer!

Good night, good hockey, and don't forget to collect your prediction points on the way out!!

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

2 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Big thank you to the peanut gallery tonight, it felt great knowing some quality folks like @BOOM, @bigAL, @Hex Universe, @Blazzer , @solas, and others were tuned in! It's an amazing how rewarding having an audience can be, thank you so much!!

Great job as always @Doomsday.  I also wanted to say a few seasons ago it was discouraged for users post between the awards posts, happy that we have done away with that.

Congrats to everyone  🙌 

@JeffD congrats 🤝  on gmoty. 

The fact Chicago finished the season 4-7-4 in the final 15 games. Makes that playoff run that much more impressive.  You have put a team together that seems to be the right recipe for success.  Your team was a classy group to play against. 

Best of luck to the Pheonix in s76

🍻

• Doomsday changed the title to VSN Presents: The Season 75 VHL Awards Show
11 minutes ago, Garsh said:

Great job as always @Doomsday.  I also wanted to say a few seasons ago it was discouraged for users post between the awards posts, happy that we have done away with that.

Yeah I asked that in the past, but didn't say it this time; I'm happy to hear this was preferred and worked out well :)

51 minutes ago, Garsh said:

As long as I'm hosting it, users may post away! There's a list of winners for posterity in the OP, and this is for you guys anyway: have fun!

3 awards  , a cup win and vhl first team. What a night again for Condor.

I hereby appoint L as the next great defender, getting rookie trophy that i missed.

Ty all for the votes throughout my career ♡

So you're saying that 70 point jump and an improvement in other stats for Anigbogu was only enough for two votes and not even winning the Funk? Behind two fucking goalies? Yeah, there is no season without voting commitee laying a big egg and taking a big fucking L. 

thanks for recognizing Harvey at least.