Let us talk [1/2]

Banackock

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Devise said:

Keep it up Bana and just like my boy @Beketov you may have a winning campaign on your hands. :P 

He'd need to do it twice more after to have a campaign record like mine, besides, his hashtag is too long. Just #Bana4BOG works better :P

• Senior Admin
22 hours ago, Banackock said:

5. Bring Team Finances into play - Sell merchandise based off team performance, tickets - have the team make sweet MONEY. Put this money towards building an arena. Maybe have every team start with a 10,000 capacity shit hole and have them build. 

How about for this we use team activity? Something like the team with the most media/graphics has the highest finances.

8 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

How about for this we use team activity? Something like the team with the most media/graphics has the highest finances.

Something regarding activity could tie into this. I like that idea. Reward the team or members potentially for this. Though, lots probably still wouldn't give a shit about some arena and such :P 

To expand on the stock idea:

Could do the type of thing where you buy stock in players? The lower drafted they are the "cheaper" the stock you can buy in them. When they hit certain TPE milestones you can get returns on your "investments". It's a good way for members to encourage others to stay active as it rewards both of them. Also if a person hits a certain amount of invested stock they get a TPE reward as well. 

Obviously certain members would be graded as A, B, C, D, etc. stocks for various prices to avoid everyone from loading up on a member's player such as @Frank who will obviously succeed. And you get a certain amount of stock per season for each draft to invest in once the draft is over.

And you're not allowed to invest in someone in your own organization. To promote activity league wide and not just on your team. Just spitballing. 

Edited by Kyle

My issue with doing stocks, or any sort of bigger term gambling system that involves money, is how it relates to the Player Store items. Right now it isn't structured in a way that would benefit anyone who has a big amount of money. Sure you'd be able to experiencing full on re rolls, and positional switches, and handle depreciation better. But the answer isn't just to make it a TPE store either, because they money hoarders can just earn way too much TPE and balance is off. 

If we had the right store ideas for people to invest their money, then a system where people gamble some money on individual players or teams, or we have some sort of bookie to determine odds and keep tracks of bets, yeah something could work. But to me right now it seems like it would be a lot of work, and even for the users involved it wouldn't take long for them to realize the payoff is probably not worth the investment. 

48 minutes ago, Devise said:

My issue with doing stocks, or any sort of bigger term gambling system that involves money, is how it relates to the Player Store items. Right now it isn't structured in a way that would benefit anyone who has a big amount of money. Sure you'd be able to experiencing full on re rolls, and positional switches, and handle depreciation better. But the answer isn't just to make it a TPE store either, because they money hoarders can just earn way too much TPE and balance is off. 

If we had the right store ideas for people to invest their money, then a system where people gamble some money on individual players or teams, or we have some sort of bookie to determine odds and keep tracks of bets, yeah something could work. But to me right now it seems like it would be a lot of work, and even for the users involved it wouldn't take long for them to realize the payoff is probably not worth the investment. 

Then don't make the stock system with money? Not a hard fix. Just make "investment credits" a completely different thing.

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Then don't make the stock system with money? Not a hard fix. Just make "investment credits" a completely different thing.

What do users spend investment credits on? What is the reward system? Are you thinking like Fantasy hockey style where we rank those with the most investment credits at the end of a given season. This then starts to sound more like a VHFL, just with people able to invest on players based on their performances and the odds, and then potentially get rewarded.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just think at that point VHFL and this stock system probably don't both need to be around. Would make more sense to merge Boubabis VHFL idea with a stock idea and use investment credits as the "tracker" to determine who gets what for TPE rewards at seasons end. 

Guest daBenchwarmer
On 9/25/2017 at 9:40 PM, Banackock said:

-lots of fucking tags-

i should retire because of this post smdh

Edited by daBenchwarmer

On 9/27/2017 at 2:51 PM, Devise said:

MAYBE, just MAYBE.. we could bring in the option to purchase teams? Or have a stock system where it goes up and down so you have to watch careful. Player may go #5 overall and boom, shit the bed.

Have money carryover 50%, or none at all. Have the purchase price of an organization be 50 Mill - almost out of reach but doable for some if they do it right or work hard. Could bring about a 500K for 1 TPE, 5M for 10 and cap it at that for some extra buys. 1 PER season say?

Stocks would only increase a few times per season? Say quarterly OR weekly? Makes people pay attention a little? Have a group of people called the "Bankers" on "Victory Street". This idea is giving me a chub. 

Review

Bana, your MS' have been great and have been creating a lot of discussion which is great. I am glad you have been named to the new BOG and hope you can bring in a lot of great ideas because from the moment I became active in Season 44 you were already here contributing to the league and have been ever since. I think with the revamp of the GM;s in the league is a good start. I'm not sure stocks would be that fun. However, I totally agree with seasonal PT's would be awesome. Found nothing wrong with your writing.